Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited November 2013

REPOST:

cristina,

Welcome to bco.org..... stopping treatment is NEVER giving up. It is a choice that we will all make at some point or another. Our community has always been about supporting each others' choices, even if it is not the choice we would have made. The argument could be made that choosing to stop treatment is a harder decision than any other one we could make.

If you read Capriness' history of postings, you will see that she has made a fully rational decision based on her own values and needs.

*susan*

p.s. Why do you continue [this is the second time] to question Capriness' medical care, ability to determine her options or choices?

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited November 2013

Thank you Susan.

Cristina, please get off this thread. I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation of how or why I came to my decision. If you're just trying to help, thank you but no thanks. If you're evangelizing your pro-life opinion, you insult me. Either way, I don't want or need to hear it. I'm satisfied with the decision I made.

Thank you for granting me the respect I would grant you or anyone else in this situation.

Teri

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited November 2013

teri,

Thank you for staying in touch. Thinking and praying for you

Nel

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited November 2013

If cristina1945 continues to post judgmental or non-supportive comments, we can block her by going to her page and clicking on "block user." We did this with someone recently who continued to badger another BCO sister regarding treatment choices. Cristina1945, please know that we are here to support ALL people with breast cancer, and that each of us has to make our own decisions based on our own specific tumor type, response to treatment, and our own life values. We will do the same for you, but please respect those who may choose differently than what you would choose.

Teri, sending lots of hugs tonight. I saw a herd of deer - about 8 of them - in a neighbor's front yard on my way home tonight, and for a second I thought Deuce was hanging out with them, but no, it was a juvenile deer that caught the light just the right way to confuse my vision. *sigh* I DO hope that goat realizes how much trouble he is causing .... It's just a good thing he is so cute!!!!

• cristina1945
    cristina1945 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2013

I am so sorry to have up set all of you The last thing in the world was for me to judge anyone.

I was trying to help. I guess the wrong way not knowing her situation.

I have been trying to get some positive help myself and I am doing this all wrong.

It would not happened again.

Again SO VERY SORRY

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited November 2013

Afternoon Teri!

Driving back last night I though I saw Deuce caught in the head lights as I went past a farm and I was soooo happy that I had found him! I slowed, turned the car around to double check and to my great disappointment I saw that it was just a Roo (kangaroo)........all I could think of was thank goodness it didn't decide to jump in front of my car and, oh no! no Deuce..........again! One of these days I'm sure we will find the every errant boy.

Hope you are having a good day.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited November 2013

Just checking in on you this morning. I hope this day brings you something to smile about.Smile

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited November 2013

Good afternoon Teri - I hope today is full of good and great wonder for you. I believe that there is truly something good about every day. We sometimes just have to look a bit harder to find it.

The saga of Deuce has got me to thinking that I would like a goat (or two) of my own. We live in a rural area and do have the room for them. My DS girlfriend brought some kids by this morning that she has just attained. They were from 2 days old to a couple of weeks old. Oh My Gosh - they were adorable. I think I have DH convinced that we could get a couple. Might not be until the spring though. He's maybe thinking that by then I will have gotten past the urge to get a couple of kids.

Any tips on raising goats?

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited November 2013

Hi, Teri,

Thought of you and decided I would check in, send my thoughts of peace and comfort your way.

This topic has created opportunities for many things to be shared and affirmed. I am so grateful that so many have come together to support you as you have made the decision about what's best for your care and life at this time, a decision that reflects your values and your beliefs about quality of life and how to live the only precious life on this earth that you have.

• Linda-n3
    edited November 2013

Teri, stopping by to wish you a good evening.

Today has been a real downer day for me overall, no energy, headachy, took a long nap and now feel so disoriented. But there is a gorgeous full moon (or nearly full?) that I hope you all have a chance to enjoy. Not sure if the Southern Hemisphere sees the same full moon???? I truly forget my astronomy, cannot think through the simplest things about the relationship of sun and moon to earth in the northern and Southern Hemispheres with the earth tilting as it does.... Much more fun to keep watch out for Deuce!

BTW, I have been communicating with Cristina and it appears she is really struggling, a newbie here, and struggles with the English language on top of that, and had no intention of harming anyone here. I still don't know what stage she is or other information, but I think she could use some hugs and support herself.

Teri, I am hoping your hospice folks are keeping you very comfortable. I would love to send you one of my art cards if you pm your address one of these days, otherwise I will try to post them here for everyone. I will do that anyway when I do another one.

Hugs to all tonight.

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited November 2013

Hi Teri, Sitting here sipping coffee by the fireplace looking out at a beautiful, cold morning here in Central New York. It is suppose to warm up later, I sure do hope so. Not sure how cold it is where you are, but I hope you are staying warm and comfortable. Hoping that you have been able to make that new bed of yours seem more inviting. Thinking of you and hoping today is a good day.

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited November 2013

Barsco, there is nothing more fun than raising goats. They are hilarious. But they are also escape artists. At least mine were. Other people could keep them in 4 foot fence and I had them jumping over 6 foot fences! Go figure. I had flying goats. Here's a pic of Jet and Martha at about 2 days old:

I have friends coming over right now so I'll write more later. Hope everyone is having a pain free day today or at least a low pain day. Love you all!

Teri

• JimmieBell
    JimmieBell Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2013

Here in Texas we say any fence can hold goats, as long as it holds water.

Glad you're having visitors, Teri. Enjoy your day!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited November 2013

Hi Teri,

Still the city girl, but I must say, 2-day old goats are adorable! Who knows, you may help me cultivate a love of farm animals yet!

Take care,

Caryn

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited November 2013

Wow! Those are the two cutest babies ever! Their coloring is just terrific. I thought baby bunnies were insanely cute, but I don't know those 2 might have the market cornered!

Hope you are having a pain free day and enjoying this crisp cold snap we are having. snow on the mountains tonight!

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited November 2013

Love the pic of jet and Martha, adorable! Hope you are enjoying your visitors. I'm thinking a Saturday afternoon nap sounds good!

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited November 2013

Oh-my-gosh, Teri, those baby goats are too cute! My grandparents had a farmhouse with all sorts of animals too. I loved visiting them when I was a child! Thank you for sharing all of your photos:)

I hope you're enjoying the company of your friends today!

xo

Rose.

• Linda-n3
    edited November 2013

Teri, those are just about the cutest things ever!!!! Thanks for sharing your baby pics with us!

And thanks for the well wishes - I am having a low pain day myself, and hope you are doing the same. Visitors can often help the pain and energy issues, as long as they are the folks you WANT to see and enjoy, and as long as they don't stay too long! I am lucky to have many low-maintenance friends and family, only a few of the other type.

Sending much lovingkindness across the miles to Teri and everyone else here.

• naturelover
    naturelover Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2013

Hugs to you Teri and all of you! Thanks for the pics of the baby goats!! I have always loved farm animals. We had a goat once on our little farm, Clarabelle. She was always all over the place. She liked to roam just like Deuce!!

We had a brief cold snap in North Carolina near the coast but today it was 72.

I have a horrible problem with hornets at my house and they are coming out of the tree line and down my chimney! I will be killing them very shortly. My son just called and informed me that there are at least a hundred in the living room window. Got to get going!

Have a restful night all!

Judy

• Safetyyfirst
    Safetyyfirst Member Posts: 31
    edited November 2013

Hi Teri.

I am a newbie but, my heart and prayers go out to you. Remember there is only one that

Actually knows our exp. date. Only than will he call us home. God bless!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited November 2013

Teri - That pic of Jet and Martha is so sweet. Just about the size of the one I held - it actually snuggled right in. I think it would be so much fun to add a goat or two to our family. Then my DH could have a dog, 4 hens, a puppy, and a couple of goats follow him around outside. It is quite the parade some days.

Hope that you enjoyed your visitors but didn't get to tuckered out.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited November 2013

Teri - thanks for the picture of your "babies" - glad you had company today, nice to have friends visit, isn't it?  Have a good sleep tonight.

Hugs, S.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited November 2013

Afternoon Teri! Aaaaaaaawe the baby Jet and Martha are just sooooo darn cute!!! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Your visitors will have gone by now but I do hope you had a wonderful day and shared much laughter.

Hoping your night is peaceful and pain free.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited November 2013

Thinking of you Teri.

• naturelover
    naturelover Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2013

Well, Teri, I hope you are having a great day! It was 75 here today in North Carolina but I have a fire going to keep the hornets away. They were circling around the chimney outside so I figured the only way to keep them out of the house was to build a fire.

I love living out in the country though! I love looking at your pics of your babies!! Thanks so much for posting them!!

Hope you have a very restful evening!!

Judy

• marymoir
    marymoir Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2013

Teri, those kids (no pun intended) are just too precious! We have an amazing zoo here in Indy that has goats in its petting zoo exhibit, but never seen any babies there! They probably don't exhibit them at that age 'cuz they're so cute that the zoo worried someone would just decide to take one home!!

Hope you had a nice, pain-free weekend and good visits with your friends. You're right...the best friends are the ones who can tell when you're getting tuckered out and need to rest.

Hoping that rascal Deuce will decide to come home soon!!

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited November 2013

Teri,

Loved looking at the baby pics of Martha and Jet. They certainly were adorable kids!! Hope you enjoyed your visit with your company.

Michele

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited November 2013

Just dropping by for a quick coffee ! Hope you like Tim Hortons!! We line up over here for a Timmies, loooong lineups. I'll bring donuts next...those are to die for...well... How adorable are those baby goats! It's lovely Teri to see what you see, brings us all closer. Xoxox Jo

• Inky
    Inky Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2013

Hi Teri!

Like many others around here, I think about you every day and hope you are having a good one today. I'm still so very proud of the way you found the best possible home for Forrest and your other critters. I imagine Forrest and his new gal pal are having a wonderful time right now frolicking about in Napa Valley.

I also thought about you a few days ago, as I watched a nature special about inter-species friendships, which included a segment about a very special friendship between a goat and a horse. You may have already seen it, but if you haven't, I should warn you that you that it can evoke tears with its demonstration of animals' capacity for compassion. Now that you've been warned, here's the segment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJjWwr-AjiQ

I also think I know why we've had trouble locating Deuce! The problem is that we been looking all around the ground and even on the occasional cliff. But as a friend who recently returned from Morocco explained, we should be looking up in the trees more often, as the following video so ably demonstrates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQev3UoGp2M

Those rascally goats! And btw, thanks for the baby goat pix.

xoxo, Ingrid

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2013

Teri,

Martha and Jet are so adorable in the picture! Thinking of you and hoping you are having a good day. The mid-west had really severe storms last night - I hope the weather is better out your way.

Sending light and love and hugs and prayers,

Amy