Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Time for hospice and Im really scared

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited June 2014

hi Terri. Hope you are comfortable. Today I went to a u-pic strawberry farm to get strawberries. To my surprise there were two goats laying in a tree house. Made me think of you. 

Love

Maureen

• macyhen111
    macyhen111 Member Posts: 402
    edited June 2014

Hi Teri, just want o stop by and as hello! Gentle Hugs to You, Love Cynthia

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited June 2014

hey Teri--no update on my dog. Still in limbo. But, I have been meaning to tell you that there is a farm near my house that has goats and I always smile and think of you when I see them. I'm beginning to wonder about this one goat--he is always laying in the feed trough! Maybe he's on top of the food, claiming it all for himself! The herd is about 20 or so. Very cute! Sending love and easy breathing my friend! Rest well.

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited June 2014

Teri, I don't get on BCO often anymore but always check your thread when I am here.   Summer has finally come to the northeastern part of the U.S. And I, for one, am happy for hot weather!  After the winter we had, I will not complain about heat!    Hope this finds you resting peacefully.  Hugs, glenna

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718
    edited June 2014

Morning Teri, I hope you slept well last night. I know you are sleeping a great deal of the time now, which is probably a relief in many ways. Have a peaceful, comfortable day. Love, Sarah

• macyhen111
    edited June 2014

Hey Teri, hoping you have a relaxing, calm day!! As always Gentle Hugs and Love to You, Cynthia

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited June 2014

Hi, Teri. Thinking of you today, as I do each day. It is warm in Vermont today, sunny where I am, cool breeze. I was awake at 4:30 am to a beautiful concert by the birds, fell asleep again.  Am enjoying the scenery, giving thanks for this beautiful day and all the wonderful people in my life, both those I have met face-to-face and those I have met here at BCO. Special gentle hugs to all who need themm today, and much lovingkindness to each of you.

• macyhen111
    edited June 2014

Very nice post Linda! Good Morning Teri, I hope you are breathing easily and resting comfortably. Have a peaceful day. Gentle Hugs and Love to You, Cynthia

• Hortense
    edited June 2014

Macyhen's right, that was a lovely post Linda. I hope you enjoy today as well. I have catbird warbling in the hedge outside of my window. Catbird's go on and on in such liquid tones. I love them.

Teri, I hope that you can hear the birds outside of your house also. They are such wonderful reminders that the world is a beautiful place. 

Best to you today, with love, Sarah

PS: A note to Teri's caregivers, should one come by. I would like to ask that, if Teri is no longer able to check in here as she was last "seen" on June 12th, would that person please tell Teri that whether people post here regularly or not, we are thinking of her everyday and sending her our best? 

Please continue to tell her that we love and care about her, even if she is sleeping and no longer wakes. I used to speak lovingly to my mother after she drifted into constant sleep as she approached the end of her life and I am sure at some level she heard what was being said and that it was reassuring and comforting.

Thank you.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited June 2014

I echo what Hortense said... thinking of you every day, Miss Teri! Sending love, as always...

Rose.

• macyhen111
    edited June 2014

Hello Teri, just stopping by to say Hi and let you know that you are in my heart. Wishing you a nice day. Gentle Hugs and Love, Cynthia

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,254
    edited June 2014

Hortense,

Thank you for addressing Teri's caregivers. I hope, maybe, that someone can update us soon. We think of you daily, Teri.

Caryn

• Hortense
    edited June 2014

Yes, Teri, we do think of you daily. We hope you are comfortable and surrounded by those who care most for you. You are a fighter. Who else could have battled this dreadful disease as you have? Getting kicked out of Hospice for not dying fast enough certainly surprised and amazed us. You earned the respect of everyone on this thread! Getting your life in order, finding homes for your beloved animals and handling it all with courage and a sense of humor was a life lesson for all of us. You set your priorities and met them. I admire you for doing that. 

Sleep well, Teri dear. I am sending you cyber (((hugs))) and my best wishes. Sarah

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited June 2014

Thinking of you this evening Teri.  We all hope you are pain free and sleeping so well with very sweet dreams. 

Amy

• exbrnxgrl
    edited June 2014

https://www.whatnext.com/users/capriness

I'm sorry to have to post this and am still unsure of what to think. Regardless, I hope Teri is at peace.

Caryn

• macyhen111
    edited June 2014

Rest Well Sweet Teri!!! Gentle Hugs and Lots of Love to You Always.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited June 2014

Hello ladies,

I received this email from the CA equine sanctuary that took Forrest in. I think it, finally, explains the confusing situation. I feel comfortable with the information now and certain that dear Teri is at peace and pain free.

Caryn,

Thanks for the follow up information. I spoke with Suzi from Zebs Wish this morning and she felt aweful prejudgeing that she had passed. When she spoke to her a few months ago, she had been given only a couple of weeks by hospic. Suzi had just assumed she had passed. Im sorry that Terri did pass on with your information, no one was trying to cause any issues. I know that Zebs Wish had stepped in a few months ago when the ending was coming, in order to place Terri's dogs, like she did with Forrest with me.

By the way, Ive attached some before and after photo's of Forrest who is very happy and healthy with his new girlfriend. Please feel free to share with everyone on the chat line he is doing well and because of Terri making the right decision, he has a forever retirement home and is very happy.

Betsy Bueno

Lost Hearts and Souls Horse Rescue

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2014

RIP dear Teri.

Donna

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited June 2014

Caryn, Is there anyway you can share the photos?  We'd love to see them!

Thank you too for clarifying and solving the mystery. I think we're all more at peace now, too.

Amy

• exbrnxgrl
    edited June 2014

There were no photos attached (I've done that myself), but if you check the blog on this site, I think those are the photos that Betsy meant to attach.

http://lostheartsandsouls.org/blog

Caryn

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited June 2014

Peace Teri. You have left a lovely legacy behind you. 

Thank you. 

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited June 2014

May we all provide for our loved ones (be they two legged or four, hair, fur or feathers) as well as Teri has.  May Teri truly be at rest. 

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited June 2014

So, this is a good bye, only for now dear Teri.. 

RIP dear sister..

Ebru

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited June 2014

Teri made us all part of her family. Thank you, Teri, for your open heart. Rest in peace, sweet lady.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited June 2014

Fly sweet Terri on a white horse until deuce is set free from this life. Heartbroken for my sister. RIP

• chris1959
    chris1959 Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2014

rip my dear terri you will truly be missed by many .it is so heartbreaking , condolences to teris family and friends .

love chris

• Vadre
    Vadre Member Posts: 159
    edited June 2014

I am so sad to hear of Teri's passing. I have felt, in my heart, that she was free from pain and fear at last but wasn't yet ready to really know that she was gone from us here. What a gift of fellowship she gave to us, opening up about her fear and allowing us to support her and each other. She has taught me of a grace in dying that I find to be truly awesome. I am not sure what I believe about our next step after we are finished here, but I can't help but feel that Terry is free of the limitations that so held her back; free to express herself artistically and ride like the wind again. I will always remember our Teri, with the twinkle in her eye, who said "Who will be my friend, I am so afraid." I will always be thankful for how she touched our hearts with hers and that she left us with an amazing gift: the gift of a circle of sisters to whom we can turn when we are afraid or just need a friend. 

I will think of us all, in the light of sunset, holding hands in our circle. Each in her own way joyfully releasing Terri to the Universe where she is healed and joyful. 

Virginia

• Tilda
    Tilda Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2014

Dear Terri, Wish you peaceful rest with all the other Angels. You will be missed by many.

• Hortense
    edited June 2014

It's hard to know exactly what to say. Our dear friend Teri truly is gone. She is without fear or pain any longer, which is good, but I will miss her. 

I think she was surprised by all of the support she received from around the world on this thread that she started with her frightened cry from the heart last August. I am certain from what she wrote in numerous posts that it lifted her spirit and reassured her to know that she was not really alone at such a scary time in her life, that there were lots of people who were on the same journey, though perhaps at different stages, and who understood what she was experiencing. I know she appreciated our posts and that we came to genuinely care about her. I am glad we were able to brighten her last days.

exbrnxgrl - Thank you for finding out and confirming that Teri has died. 

kayb - Thank you for posting that sweet picture of Forrest enjoying his new home. Teri would be pleased if she could see him so happy.

Vadre - I agree that Teri taught us about grace in dying. It's a subject too few people have the courage to discuss openly and honestly, and as a result, most of us know very little about the process itself. I am grateful to her for bringing it up, and especially for her asking us to keep the discussion free of religion. 

It has been a pleasure to have been a part of this thread, and to have read everybody's posts. I wish each of you the best. May your end of life, whenever it may be, be free of pain and fear, and may you be comfortable and surrounded by ones who care about you.

Sarah

• exbrnxgrl
    edited June 2014

Hortense,

I really felt like a ghoul doing this. I just had find out the truth. It was eating at me but I think we can all find some peace now.

Caryn