Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Moving On......After the Flap

Options

Comments

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited October 2013
    Options

well...Las Vegas is like no place else on Earth lol....beautiful things, ugly things....people 24/7.....hotel room is lovely and food is great and DH and friends are THE BEST!!! View from room shows sunrise over the mountains....although I slept through it this morning!!!! I haven't hit it big but had fun playing anyway. I am not a big loser either! We are going to see a show tonight! Hope you are well, friends! Love ya!!!

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited October 2013
    Options

Bailey, how nice you can have this time away. It always does a world of good. I can hear the happiness in your voice.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited October 2013
    Options

Great hike today! I did this same hike in the spring a few months after my recon.....it was a struggle and I could only get partway up the trail. Today, 6 months+1 day.....no problems at all, and got above the saddle on the trail, before we had to turn back. The person in the photo is my hiking friend, Ade. Hope you all had a great day!

I'm going to try to post some photos from today...not confident it'll work.

HOLY CRACKERS......I THINK IT WORKED!!!!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited October 2013
    Options

Woohoo, Nihahi! You did it, both the magnificent hike AND the photos!!! What is the elevation there?

• nihahi
    edited October 2013
    Options

It was a GREAT day, jeannie....I think we got to about a mile and half elevation. The trail goes higher, but we didn't go right to the top, as the trail gets really scrambly, and I don't like it when my feet don't stay where I put them!

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013
    Options

goodie, beautiful photos! Congrats on the weight loss, too.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 955
    edited October 2013
    Options

Nihahi, WOW! It's like a wonderland up there! How beautiful to be out in it, enjoying the season change before you're hibernating for the winter. I'd love to hike with you, but take this sea-level Californian to tree line and I'd need a sherpa and some oxygen.

Great photos, Goodie, and good on 'ya for the weight loss.

Sigh...it's Sunday night, which means it's Monday morning tomorrow. Oh, well. I have a pretty new green vest to wear.

• nihahi
    edited October 2013
    Options

aw...come on up sometime sbe...we can either set up some base/advance camps for you, or maybe talk Jerry into being a sherpa for you!!!!!

Isn't it Columbus Day tomorrow for you USA'ers????

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited October 2013
    Options

Nihahi .....those are GREAT pics! Jealous you and ADE went without your crazy Yank friend...(me). :D

Goodie, I didn't see any pics.....did you delete? I haven't been on all day........just got home from a MLS Portland Timbers game against yucky Seattle (sorry, Jeannie)......it was a three team sweep for Oregonthis weekend.....two football games, and a soccer game.....ah.....life is good! ;D

Sbe-promise me that when we get together next month, that there will be no mention of rats......I can't get the rat in the toilet out of my mind.......ewwwwww!

Cherrie, holding good thoughts, and sending prayers for your daughter........(((hug)))

Bailey, you DO sound like you are having entirely too much fun....tone it down a little, will ya? And if you see any more "ladies" that look like my dogs.......well, I promise they have been home all weekend! :D

Tired......going to bed.....love to ALL! XO

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited October 2013
    Options

Wish me luck ladies, off to see PCP and hopefully get soe help for this anxiety and pain. I tried posting pics but it wont let me, I need to just upload them to photobucket and share, saw a gorgeous rainbow yesterday.

Hope you all have a great day!

• nihahi
    edited October 2013
    Options

Sweet....rainbow is a good thing, eh! I have everything crossed for you today. Ask questions, and if you don't "get" what the answer is, ask again..Is hubby going with you, or someone who can be your backup "brain????

Thanksgiving day here, the house smells like memories....I just made a big batch of stuffing (my Mom's recipe) and am waiting for it to cool before putting it in the turkey. So much to be thankful for.....love you all.

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013
    Options

For my Canadian friends!

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013
    Options

Good MO appt. today! They asked more questions about my absent DH than me, haha. Lungs sounded good so I'm ready to go on Wednesday. Even the traffic was decent! I thought of you in my pockets and it made me smile.

• sweetpickle
    edited October 2013
    Options

Glad things are looking good for you on Wed. Jeannie! We will be thinking of you!!!!

I really liked my PCP and he totally listened to me and asked good questions. He immediately noticed how hard it was for me to get out of the chair and up on the table. He is testing me for rhymatoid (sp?) aka arthritis problems along with thyroid and vitamin D levels. He prescribed me the Cymbalta and WOW that stuff is expensive at $250 per month. I found a free coupon from Lily for your first one but I need to see if medicaid will cover it, pharmacist said most likely it wouldnt but we will try for next month. Meanwhile, I took y first dose tonight and dont really notice that much of a change. Doc said that it would take about two weeks to feel the difference for pain relief.

I had my appointment with the ymca and start working out next Monday. Life is starting to get darn busy, lol, but that is a good thing.

Happy Monday everyone!

• nihahi
    edited October 2013
    Options

Sweet....How wonderful to hear you like your PCP, that he listened to you and asked good questions. Sounds like this doc is a KEEPER!!!! Hope things just keep moving forward for you!!!

jeannie...So glad your appointment went well too! It was a fun pocket party. Thanks for the Thanksgiving message! It has been a great day.

Lovely weather, hubby helped tidy up the place this morning, turkey dinner with all the trimmings and no culinary crisis was delish, and I sent leftovers home with daughter and son. We found a box of family photos from years past, and they had a great time looking at the pics. Made me teary when they found photos of my parents, as they have both passed away, and I miss them dearly, but they would have liked the Thanksgiving we had, so that made them feel "with me". Dishes are all done, just a few dessert things left to munch on.....again....much to be thankful for. But tomorrow...back to the gym!!!

Thinking of you all....hope you all had great days.

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013
    Options

Sweetpickle, so happy about your good appointment! Did he say anything about the swelling?

Nihahi, so glad you enjoyed your day with your family. That makes any holiday so special. It breaks my heart that I never have all my girls here for a holiday!

• sbelizabeth
    edited October 2013
    Options

Julie, Aubrey, and Tyson. Beautiful family!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited October 2013
    Options

Sbe-your DS and DIL are nice -looking.....but that Aubrey......wow! What a little doll! Pic made me smile! :)

Jeannie, so glad MO appt went well.....that's a relief (sort of) that stage 2can proceed, right? You will do just fine.......I hear ya on getting all the daughters together.....although I have several divas in my four, and two of them together.....look out! :\

Sweet, glad you had a good PCP appt today......be patient, drugs like cymbalta DO take at least two weeks to start being effective.......hopefully it will help you. :)

Nihahi, I am glad that your Canadian Thanksgiving was wonderful, and that you had a lovely time with your family......Thanksgiving has ALWAYS been my favorite holiday.......I love the family togetherness, but without the hassle of Christmas gift-giving pressure......however, since my BC/BMX/DIEP......I just might throw the Christmas gift-giving out the window......for causing me too much stress!

I finally have found my energy......and have been re-arranging my closet all day......I honestly have not felt like doing anything remotely like that all year! :D. Pretty darn tired tonight, so off to bed, to sleep, perchance, to dream......... :)

Love to all......

• sweetpickle
    edited October 2013
    Options

Jeannie- No he didnt really say other than it could just be from normal swelling after a major surgery. Since I have an appointment with lymph clinic he didnt go further with me on it.

SBE- OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!What a beautiful family :)

Happy Thanksgiving Canadian friends!

The cymbalta made me sleepy at first so I went to bed early but now I am up at 2am, ugh. Tomorrow I will wait and take it a little later in the evening.

• Tracy516
    Tracy516 Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2013
    Options

SBE- family is beautiful!!!

Wow that view of the mountains!!! Wow !

I had phantom nipple pain last night!;( for about and hour. Took some meds. Anyone get or use to get?

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013
    Options

Beautiful family, Sbel. Aubrey steals the show!

Tracy, sorry, I haven't had the pain you described.

• nihahi
    edited October 2013
    Options

sbe.....Another vote for the "beautiful family" award...(am I the only one who thinks that Aubrey looks like a little "firecracker" of a personality??? I think she is going to be keeping every adult within miles on their toes once she starts moving!!!!!!! Now.....who does that remind me of...hmmmm!!!!! ;)

Holiday is definitely over....got a load of laundry in the machine....finished first cup of coffee...time to get moving. I'm working at the voting station in our upcoming elections, so have to go to a 1 1/2 hour "class" this morning to learn the rules. The toughest thing for me will be having to report to the voting station at 05:30AM on election day, and stay until after the polls close at 8:00PM....I'm thinking there's a good chance I'll be a crazed loon spending that much time inside without even a window to look out!!!!!

Still no Las Vegas headline reports, so bailey must have operated under the radar while holidaying.....Bet she does have some stories to tell!

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited October 2013
    Options

Katy, love the family picture! Jeannie, thinking of you for tomorrow. SweetP, so happy to hear you have someone to pay attention now. Tracy, no phantom pain here either, but I know I have read that others had it.

I am going to try again to post a picture.

Nope, still didn't work. Nihahi, I guess I better ask the moderators too.

Have a great day, ladies! ...Julie

• jlbloom
    edited October 2013
    Options

Yay! I followed the directions in Help and it worked. Not quite sure why the browse didn't work, but that's okay. Here are our babies, Maggie (black and tan) and Liza (buff). They are standing there asking our daughter for a cookie. She's house sitting while we are on vacation.

imagephoto IMG950405.jpg" />

• jlbloom
    edited October 2013
    Options

imageStill not sure this is working. I can see it in the preview, but not after I post. This is Maggie Mae (black and tan) and Liza Jane (buff). They are waiting for a cookie. Our daughter is house sitting while we are in Michigan. ...Julie

photo IMG950405.jpg" />

• sbelizabeth
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I don't get it. When I post using this computer, I have no "toolbar" on top of the reply window to add in photos or do spell check--nothing shows up. And when I put in spaces to separate paragraphs, it all posts as one big paragraph.

When I post on ANOTHER computer, though, the toolbar is there, the paragraphs show up, I can post photos, etc. What gives?
  • nihahi
    edited October 2013
    Options

sbe.....pm the mods....The new update has some kind of compatibility issues between certain computers/equipment. The fact that you have the updates with one, but not the other, proves that to be the case. Maybe pm them from the computer you have lost the toolbar on????

It seems to be getting sorted out at their end...when they know who is having problems. When I messaged them re: my photo posting meltdown, I described exactly what I was doing, and what the screen showed.....I didn't have to reset anything on my computer, but when I tried posting photos the next day, everything worked fine.

How's work today!!!

Marty....waiting for a dress photo!!!

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited October 2013
    Options

Nihahi, we didn't take one. It worked out just fine and the dinner was a lot of fun and delish. I am a bit quirky about posting photos anyway as anyone can see them even if they are not registered members. The avatars don't show for non-members, but the other stuff within the posts shows. Just call me odd😉. The most important thing was that I was able to do the pattern draft from scratch. Now on to other things - editing a cookbook.

• nihahi
    edited October 2013
    Options

marty....is alligator on the menu????

• goldie4040
    goldie4040 Member Posts: 404
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hey guys,

We have a newbie on the diep forum who is looking for a llst of things to bring to hospital, and what to have ready at home. I swore I heard there was going to be a list available. somewhere. Anybody know if this happened, and if so, where it is?