Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited October 2013

goldie.....I responded on the diep thread.

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited October 2013

Oh Wow! This thread is speeding along like lightning! Have read everything, checked all the photos from rat hunters, Jeannie and her pink baseball bat, cute dogs, to a beautiful family with an adorable little girl. Read about Cherrie's concern for her DD, which I understand so well, because my pregnant DD and her DH have opposing blood types, but apparently it is not such a big deal as it was years ago - hope that is right, but it is still a little worrisome. Sweetpickle, I am so happy you are being taken care of at last. It was time. Bailey, seems LV is a blast? I don't even gamble, and I had such fun there - how can you not?

Meeting Nihahi on Friday was the highlight of my weekend in Alberta. Due to circumstances we had to meet in the food court of a shopping mall, but we were oblivious to the surroundings, and talked and visited for hours as if we were old friends. We recognized each other immediately She is a sweetheart, warm, kind, pretty, and somehow smaller than I imagined her to be. All that walking and her being active all her life certainly shows. What a great example you are to us, dear friend! Now I am really looking forward to meeting Movie on Thursday . . . can only be good!

Spent hours on Friday and Saturday in boring men's stores to find wedding suits for the groom and best man for the wedding, we got it, and are all set. Now the bro's can have more fun getting shirts, ties, etc. On Saturday night DD invited us over for a Thanksgiving meal at their place, and she pulled out all the stops from her own homegrown veggies down to the molten lava cake she made for dessert - yummy! Was also very pleased/amused with the historic baby blanket her mom made for her, because I. Don't. Sew. LOL! On Sunday our family had another Thanksgiving meal with old friends on their farm outside Edmonton. She is German, and for dessert had made Hazelnut torte, pumpkin pie, and Apple strudel with cream - more yum yum! Afterwards we all walked far across the fields to go say hi to the cows and horses. Felt so good to spend the day with good friends, and to count our blessings.

Was pretty astonished when I got on the scale this morning, and had lost another pound over the weekend - ?????? Expected the opposite . . . walking in shopping malls, and drinking lots of water in dry Alberta really work, I guess.

Now I am going to plan what I will give Movie and her DH for dinner on Thursday night. Have a good day, girls!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited October 2013

Liefie, that all sounds wonderful! You and Movie will enjoy each other, I'm sure.

What a great day! Warm fall weather. I've done a little housework, made chocolate chip pumpkin bread, a little gardening, drank my prune juice in prep for tomorrow....all with Tanner by my side. I check in for surgery at 10:15 tomorrow and I'm allowing hope to overrule fear at this point. It's just those darn IVs. It's hard when an anesthesiologist gets frustrated over it all. I'm sorry but I didn't ask for lymphedema in both arms, either. Okay, the first part of this sounds like "Moving On" and the second part sounds like "DIEP 2013."

I hope the photo snafus get fixed. I enjoy seeing photos of whatever you want to share.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited October 2013

We made it safe and sound to Chesapeake. It was great seeing my granddaughter's (Elly Mae) expression of pure happiness when she saw me. My daughters thyroid is hyperactive, but her numbers were better. They don't want to treat it unless they have to as the medication crosses the placenta. Her main symptoms are lightheaded ness, racing heart, and terrible fatigue. I think she wanted to be treated because the fatigue is terrible for her. It is a good thing she works from home.

Katy- Beautiful family for sure!

Nihahi- You are so lucky to have those mountains.

Liefie- It is so great that you can make connections to all these names.

Sweet- Hope the Cymbalta does the trick. I am happy you like your PCP.

• liefie
    edited October 2013

Jeannie, best wishes for tomorrow!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited October 2013

Jeannie...we are in your pocket tomorrow, and you are in our prayers. Sleep well!

• nihahi
    edited October 2013

jeannie.....we all are "hybrids" of flaps and moving on..that is what makes this a good place for us to hang out with each other. May Wilbur be with you, because we all will be too!

liefie....I keep chuckling at the your description of me, especially the "small" part....first time I've ever been called small!!!! You are TOO KIND!!!! Your weekend sounds wonderful....a combination of family and friends...! Next up...movie and her hubby....fun times coming up!!!

cherrie....have a great time with your family, especially your little granddaughter.

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited October 2013

Jeannie, just in case you didn't see my love note to you in the DIEP thread.........sweet dreams tomorrow.......when you wake up, you better ask Wilbur to let us know how you are........sending prayers, and thinking good thoughts.....XO

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

Movie, thanks for the double-love!

• nihahi
    edited October 2013

gosh jeannie...it's getting awfully crowded in these pockets..there's barely room for the coffee and muffins!!! Bailey just screeched up in a taxi, with her Las Vegas duds still on, Movie just bumped into sbe, liefie has brought along her new treadclimber to keep us moving and now there is chaos breaking out trying to sort out the sound system. Wilbur is getting ready to start "dibbing", and has requested the latest tunes from "Bare Naked Ladies" to start things hopping! (((((X))))).

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited October 2013

I think I hear Big Bad Voodoo Daddy nudging Wilbur, but those Bare Naked Ladies are winning!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2013

Make room in the pocket party, here I come!

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

Thanks, everybody! I am rocking out with you in the car. DH is "threatening" to give me my phone so I can post before I am lucid....

• liefie
    edited October 2013

Go Jeannie go! WILBUR IS WAITING!

Nihahi, you call me pretty, I call you small. Tit for tat - LOLOLOLOL!!! But I mean it - you are small, trust me.

Movie, are you packing yet?????

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

and so it begins.....nurse didn't want to try foot IV so I'm waiting for anesthesiologist. :(

• nihahi
    edited October 2013

jeannie.....deep breaths, positive thoughts, deep breaths, positive thoughts, deep breaths, positive thoughts......repeat.

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

Nihahi, thanks. Nurse anesthetist got IV in foot first try! Now waiting for PS to mark me up. I always forget how much waiting is involved....

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited October 2013

sweet dreams Jeannie and speedy recovery.  My thyroid test came back borderline low so PCP is putting me on meds.  He also said my arthritis test came back positive but I need to be referred to a RA person.  That would e plain the bone pains.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited October 2013

sweet dreams Jeannie, I will be thinking of you.

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

Well, still here waiting...it's only been 4hours! We are told it will be another hour........I might EAT Wilbur when I see him, I'm so hungry.

• liefie
    edited October 2013

Awwww, Jeannie, hang in there, sista!

• nihahi
    edited October 2013

jeannie.....congrats on being an "easy IV stick" this time! We can tell Wilbur he better be bringing some "takeout" when he catches up with you..what's your fav....chinese, pizza, ribs...??????

sweet....this may sound weird, but I'm very glad to hear you had some positive "results" from your tests!!!!!!!! It means that help is on the way, right!!!!!

liefie....you are beautiful in every category!!!!

prayers ladies for a friend from another thread. Mammo today has suspicious results, she sees her BS tomorrow. She needs all the support we can send her.

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited October 2013

Jeannie, I guess the post in DIEP was still pre-surgery. I'm in your pockets with all these other ladies. We need a word from Wilbur. Thinking of you.

Nihahi, will be sure and remember your friend in my prayers.

If there is a picture below this, it is Maggie Mae (black and tan) and Liza Jane (buff). If not, it didn't work again. ...Julie

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited October 2013

Sssccccrrreeeeeccchhhh......taxi has arrived!!!! Hot off the Vegas jet stream....woot woot! 

Actually, I am EXHAUSTED lol. We had a blast with our friends....sitting in the buffet at Golden Nugget (in the old part of Vegas....in rooms where I am sure Sinatra, Martin, Monroe, Davis Jr., et al sat at one time) laughing SOOOOO hard I had tears running down my leg. We walked and walked and saw all kinds of things. Saw the Cirque de Soleil show KA and the musical Rock of Ages. It was a great time. We had breakfast one morning at Mon Ami Gabi in the Paris Hotel....Sat on the patio with a great view of the fountains at The Bellagio...food was very good and weather was perfect...it was lovely. 

Ok falling asleep with my face on the screen....drooling...and I have to work tomorrow :(  

Talk to you later breast friends!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited October 2013

Hi, gloobsters. I've been reading but too swamped to post!

Jeannie, how ya doing, girlfriend? Four hours waiting in pre-op? For a plastic surgeon? Did someone have an emergency facelift or something?

My presentation at the breast cancer seminar is Saturday. I have my talk all written, loads of pictures on a flash drive, and now I just need to practice, practice, practice. I was flinging dresses and blazers and skirts around the bedroom this evening, trying to find the perfect thing to wear, and the DH just says, "I think I'll wear these pants and that jacket," and that was it. Made me mad.

The hole under my noob is gradually filling in--I'm using a dressing called aquacel-silver. I cut it to the shape of the hole, get it wet, and it turns into a snot-like strip. I stuff the snot into the hole, cover it with a 4x4, and away I go. And just two more doses of IV ancef to go! After tomorrow morning's dose--which I sleep through, because the hubs does it all while I'm still snoring--I'm finished! The PICC line will hopefully come out Monday, and then cellulitis will be a thing of the past.

Nihahi, praying for our friend from another thread.

Bailey, welcome home, girlfriend! I'm glad you had a good time and good visit with friends.

Let's see..."Thank you for inviting me to participate in this seminar." Repeat x 45 minutes. I'll be fine.

• nihahi
    edited October 2013

sbe.....just picture everyone with glowing gloobs and crotch eyes....you'll be fine!!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

Hi, Gloobsters! Finally home after twelve hours...sbel, my PS had complications in the previous surgery and had to redo a lot, plus that surgery started late. He looked so tired when he saw me which was worrisome. After drawing on me with so much purple pen, I felt like I was in that kids' book, Harold and the Purple Crayon, I was set to go. Surgery went well and so did recovery. This is gonna hurt if it hurts already while I'm still on all the drugs....time for a shocker! I let him lipo my FUPA!!! It was so puffy and I was happy to have it done. More tomorrow. I'm sure Wilbur made an appearance during the whole ordeal. Thanks for the prayers, thoughts and pocket party! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

Julie,darling pups!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited October 2013

stuck at a cheap motel......going into Canada tomorrow......Jeannie, glad you are doing well....I am disappointed there were no Wilburisms......unless you count the lipo'd FUPA....... :). Good idea! I am having mine done in December......PS will hear about it at next appt!

Bailey......you sound like you had a FABULOUS time.......and you're sure those were TEARS down your leg, right? :)

Sbe..you are gonna be fantastic! Please post a private YouTube channel so we can all see you taking your star turn... :)

Julie, those are some seriously adorable doggies! Made me smile! :)

Nihahi, how did volunteer mtg go? I hope our friend takes you up on your offer.......I will post there tomorrow....

Liefie.....get ready girl! This mad Yank will be on your doorstep tomorrow afternoon. :). Perhaps we can Skype our mutual British friend..... :)

Well.....have to get some sleep....will be making a run for the border tomorrow......I need my beauty sleep!

Love you all !

• nihahi
    edited October 2013

seriously liefie....she really is "crazy mad".....but in a very good way!!!!!!! Sending major hugs to both of you....wish I could be there today too.

jeannie....So glad to hear everything went well...hope the pain eases off quickly. Great to hear you asked him to resolve your FUPA....if it was bothering you...why not????

Hope it "good days" for everyone....bailey...we expect more Las Vegas details will be forthcoming!!!!!!