Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited June 2014

I am willing to go in on a rental van. Maybe we can get a 12 seater to haul all our behinds with foobs and fipples/non-fipples. 

90 days...

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited June 2014

I am willing to take the train and pay for a rental car since I don't have to pay for a flight. We have points to use to get a discount on a car. The train from Seattle to Portland is $34 one way. There is a 10% AAA discount available and a 15% senior discount for you, Nihahi, lol. Times:  Sea to P: 9:15, arrive at 1:50. P. To Sea: 1:30 - 5 something. How does that sound? I have taken the train. It's a pretty ride. There sometimes are delays but we won't be in the rainy season which helps with that. I think I remember Movie saying she drives to Salem (an hour from P.) and then goes east to Mt. Hood from there, another hour, Movie? We should probably book soon, but it won't be summer vacation time then so that takes some pressure off.

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

The train also goes to Salem, but there is a wait time in Portland and it would cost a little more, so we should probably just hop in a car from there. Sbel, I will take care of the car.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited June 2014

ok Jeannie. Just give me the info to get on the same train with you and Nihahi. I'll book the same day and time as you. $68 ? Still working with son on dates. So frustrating. That is why we haven't booked flights yet. Just in case. 

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited June 2014

chugachugachugachuga....tooot toot!!!!!! I'm all aboard for the train ride!!!!! Jeannie, can you send me the info re: booking a ticket please? 

Heck, if there is a senior's discount for me...show me where to sign up and here's my money is my attitude. Nerdy

Maybe we can also "be the car" for someone flying into Portland, too...as we should have room for at least one other if not two other people, right? I think a lovely, fun, relaxing trip down the rails, with a much shorter drive from Portland, makes a whole lot more sense to me than a looooong drive from Seattle. ....hm.....just checking.....they allow potato chips on trains, right???? I mean...it's still a road trip....!

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

I have driven many times from north of Seattle to Salem with no problems but I am willing to chugachug/tootoot. I will send the info soon. I am willing to pick up someone---is anyone coming in about the same time? Sbel?

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited June 2014

hi ladies....checking in here.   You will not have to go to Salem to get to Mt. Hood.   Only if I am going to Sunriver do I head south to Salem, then cross over the Cascades from there.   Train into PDX stops downtown, about 20 minutes west of airport.....but driving will be much less from there, for sure!  Welches is about 1hour east of Portland, on the flanks of Mt. Hood.....

Infusion of Reclast went okay...have had some achiness, and have felt quite tired, and a headache has been my constant companion since Friday...but not too bad, over all........my Mom can bring on the same results !!!!Loopy

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Thanks for the info, Movie. I really hope you feel better SOON!

• The1toC
    The1toC Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2014

Just 6 1/2 weeks out....I am committed to getting myself in some good shape this year in a lot of aspects of life: meditating/yoga, 25min x5d a week of physical activity (the only thing scientifically proven to prevent recurrence of cancer), continue to eat well, creative experiences and adventures with my girls, patience with DH, pursue my passion for my work and truly make even a small difference in peoples' lives....one foot in front of the other one day at a time. Today is my 49th birthday and I feel like this is a big year to get prepared for 50 - because I think that once I see 50 life is going to be even more incredibly wonderful and I don't want to get caught with my pants down so to speak. I am excited about this year! 364 days to go! Thanks for listening; getting it out of my head and onto 'paper' will help me be committed..

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

The1toC, happy birthday! Your goals are inspiring. You can do it! Your body still has a lot of healing to do so please be patient with yourself.  God bless!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited June 2014

Here's to an awesome year, 1toC.....and belated Happy Birthday wishes!!!!! It truly is possible to turn things into "better than before" in so many ways.

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited June 2014

The1toC - Happy Birthday! Your attitude is fabulous - and so is your list of goals and desires (with our without pants). You might be turning fifty, but your new boobs will be turning 1, and are healthy and pure. That is something to celebrate too. 

Also  - Fifty is fun. No time for Bullsh*t  - so you can concentrate on things you love, and not have to worry about pleasing people and being polite. I wish you many happy adventures with your girls!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited June 2014

Welcome, the1toC!  Great attitude, and that makes all the difference.  Let's go for a walk!

I booked my flight to Portland this morning.  The DH and I will arrive on Thursday, 9/18, and spend a day schlepping around Portland doing what there might be to do there, before the grand clan collection on Friday.  Getting excited now...

Since the abdominal plication surgery on 6/4 I had been wearing a binder pretty much 24/7, but I've noticed I'm getting some back spasms.  Little, fleeting ones, but I do NOT want them to develop into a full-scale, screaming grab.  Is it possible that the firm binder has weakened my abdominal muscles, through disuse, to the point that my back has lost some core strength?   

Here are Aubrey and her Daddy enjoying a tea party.  Isn't she dainty and lovely?

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited June 2014

SBE - I don't think you really lose muscle tone in just a few weeks.  You had pretty solid core before.  Perhaps with the binder, you are carrying yourself differently - perhaps more erect?  You could be placing new stress on core muscles.

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Aubrey is surely dainty and lovely---a charmer, for sure! Dad is a great sport! I admire you for still putting up with a binder. When can you stop wearing it? 

• Morningsun1
    edited June 2014

A dainty and lovely charmer that Aubrey certainly is. I understand abdominal plication is almost as tough as original DIEP on your tummy. Maybe you are overdoing it, sbe? 

Belated Happy Birthday, 1toC. Like your goals, let us all share your success with them.

Movie, there are some really good EO mixes that are very good for headaches. Do you want me to look up a few from Young Living FB page to pm to you? I am sure doTERRA has them too.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited June 2014

SBL- what will your hubby do in Portland for the 3 days we are at the house??? Just wondering. I am really getting excited about our adventure. 

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2014

Hey Sisters!!  The weekend is coming up fast!  It's too bad I can't "shrink-wrap" myself and climb Cherrie's suitcase and go!!  Ha! Ha!

Well,  I am home from that little jaunt in the hospital for blood clots in the chest and right lung.  Good grief, what's next?  I know, I know:  Stage 2a in Chicago, October 14th with Dr. Massey!!  First, I will be on xarelto for the rest of my life.  I do hope the doctors have that undercontrol now!  The doctors said the clot was pretty massive in my chest and in my right lung.  When they brought me to the room, the nurses could not believe I was talking away a storm!!  My mom always told me I was born talking, lol!  I was on heparin for five days then sent home on xarelto.  I have been feeling okay at home and have been getting out of the house..  We went to the lawyer to redo our wills(had an appt. before all of the above).  Our current will is from 1986 before we went to live in Australia.  We did a trust and it is very simple but still costly to do.  We don't have much but the trust had to be done.  (My other dad did this and it was just nice to let the trustee do what she needed to do and then disperse his remaining assets.)  

I can't wait to get the second stage going on my "blobs"!  I am a bit concerned that Dr. Massey might decline but she also said she like challenges so here I am!!  lol.  Becky (her assistant) has been keeping in touch and that makes me happy.  We have to stay for a week in Chicago, so if anyone has any suggestions, please.

My daughter with her two toddlers and two cats are still coming in August.  I need prayers for patience of toddlers.  The rearranging of the house hasn't happened as we seem to busy with my crazy happenings!!  I don't know how I am going to get use to the "noise" again.  I know it is happy sounds but to have it all of sudden is pretty scarey!!  It doesn't help that my daughter is OCD!!  One moment at a time!!

My roses waited to blossom until I came home last week Monday!!  They are open faced now and will be dropping their petals soon.  The wildflowers seeds I planted in a huge flower pot last year are beginning to grow!!  I am glad I get to see my flowers blossom.  

I pray for everyone of you.  Kat

• goldie4040
    goldie4040 Member Posts: 404
    edited June 2014

Yeah, Kat-ski.  I have been waiting for an update from you.  Cherrie has been keeping us informed of your progress.  Blood clots in your chest a certainly nothing to sneeze at, and the fact that you are doing so well are a testament to your determination and stamina!!!  I am also glad that Dr. Massey has given you hope about your stage 2 results.  She sounds wonderful. 

Please don't forget to stop by and see us on the diep site sometimes.  We miss you.

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Kat-Ski, it's so good to hear that you are home! I hope you can sit back and enjoy your garden a little as well as get back to "normal" life. You are a brave mom to take your daughter, kiddoes and kitties in! She is very blessed to have you guys.

Goldie, I should check the other thread to see how you are doing! Well, I hope!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited June 2014

Hi Ladies......feeling MUCH better....actually walked 3X today...about 11 miles.....so I MUST be feeling better......Loopy

Sbe....EVERY TIME I see little Aubrey, I get a huge smile.....that little girl is so dang cute!   I want to set her up with my GS, Keevan.....will have to snap a pic of him for your approval........

Kat-so nice to "hear" from you.....your sparkle is still there....I've missed your Joy for Life attitude....glad everything is getting sorted, and that you are on your way to feeling better.

1totheC...Happy Belated Birthday.....I know what you mean about making your birthdays count.....This year, I (and a few others on here are turning the big 6 oh..........and I want it to be meaningful!)

Goldie.....glad you are posting here.....I was just thinking about how supportive and encouraging you were last year, thinking that you were doing the DIEP, and then things changed.....and THIS year, it all finally came together for you, and you are an honest-to-goodness FLAPPER!  Hooray!   I hope you are feeling that it has been "worth it"........and that you are getting over the initial healing process.

Morning.....my headache is no more....I did try DoTerra's "Past Tense" on it.....but it was a nasty one.....NOTHING touched it....but it was gone when I woke up this morning...Yay!

FBB-thinking about you, and hoping that you are able to do the things you love.  XO

To all you ladies coming to Mt. Hood......getting excited!  It's REALLY happening, isn't it?  Winking

I am also including a photo of my PS.......although I have not tattooed....yet......I consider myself "Graduated".........the first thing he said to me when he saw me was "Wow! You got skinny....how did you do it?"   I told him that since he refused to suck all my fat out, I had to figure out how to get rid of it myself....and that so far I am down 26 pounds......I guess you could say it kind of goes back to what 1totheC is saying.....I turn 60 this year, and I want to go into it in the BEST shape I can muster......Anyway, LOVE my PS......Dr. Sheldon Cober........

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited June 2014

Movie, you look wonderful!  

Kat, so happy to hear you are doing well. 

Still haven't made my ticket reservations, but I plan to do so this week. Still trying to figure out when DH and I want to return from our trip down the coast. 

• Jeannie57
    edited June 2014

Movie, 11 miles?? That's almost a half marathon! You look great, as always. I'm glad you were able to tolerate the Reclast fairly well.

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2014

May these flowers appeal to all your senses and bless you with many of sensuous smells one can admoured!  Just lay back and taki it all in.  If you are doing this the you have succeeded doing yoga!  Love to you all.

image

• The1toC
    The1toC Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2014

thanks everyone for the bday wishes and support!

Movie you look SO HAPPY!

Katski thanks for the flowers. I think I see a peony in the back there. Peonies are my favourite!

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited June 2014

Happy Birthday the1toC!

Movie, looking fabulous and truly happy.  Congrats on all your hard work.

• Morningsun1
    edited June 2014

Great to "hear" from you FBB! How is our favorite bird doing?

• Morningsun1
    edited June 2014

Movie, you look great!. Will your doc stop by and visit us at w3?

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2014

Movie, I hope you can motivate me in September.  You look fabulous!  I'm not doing so well on my own.  Wanting to lose weight just doesn't get the job done.  I have started walking again.  Kat-ski, thanks for sharing your flowers with us.  Happy, happy, birthday 1toC!  BosumBlues, hoping things turn around for you.  Anxiety and depression can certainly do that to a person.  Just know we care and are thinking about you.  FBB, you are in my prayers.  Has anyone heard from SweetPickle?  Any news from Bailey?  Jeannie, I bet you and your DH are getting excited for next Monday to get here.  Nihahi, are you hiking all over the place?  I guess I could take some pictures in my back yard!  Love to all.  ...Julie

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited June 2014

Hi Lovely Ladies!  I have been super busy and I see I am 22 pages behind the times so a super big hug to all of you!  Work has kept me super busy along with my DH who just signed a large contract for work on a multifamily project.  It's a federally funded project so lots of rules and papaerwork to fill out but we are excited to have consistant work for the next several months.

So far so good health wise, still overweight but I said screw it and I eat healthy and go to the YMCA.  It will come off in time. I am still fighting fatigue and just work around it, I think that too will get better in time.  All in all, life is great and I am so grateful to be here!  I am also planning to go active as a real estate in August when the kiddos go back to school.  I found a great agency that I am excited to work with.

FBB- You are in my prayers constantly!

BB- I am on effexor and it has helped tremendously with my anxiety.  It took about a month to notice a change but I am so glad I went on it.  Stay strong!

Thanks for sending me the PM Movie!  I think about you guys all the time, life has just gotten crazy busy these last couple of months.