Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2014

So sad to report I read on facebook that Kristine (FierceBluebird) passed away last night.  

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited July 2014

Oh, NO.

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited July 2014

sbelizabeth - your spa sounds heavenly

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited July 2014

No! I miss her already. I hate FBC.

• goldie4040
    goldie4040 Member Posts: 404
    edited July 2014

I am so sad to hear about our Bluebird (fiercebird).  My prayer's and thoughts go out to her, and her family.  She was so brave and kind.  I will miss her. 

• Jeannie57
    edited July 2014

Her signature said,"I rest in God's grace and I am free." May it be so, dear Kristine.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited July 2014

Oh...

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited July 2014

Our dear Blubird flies free....no more pain.....no more worry....no more decisions....just peace for.that dear, sweet girl.

My heart is broken, though.

B

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2014

Jeannie, thanks for pointing that out.  Yes, our FierceBlueBird is free of this stinking disease.

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited July 2014

No. That is so unfair. My heart is with our sweet , fierce sister. Wherever she may be

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited July 2014

Where is the emoticon for tears?  So very sad about Kristine, but I am very thankful that Sharon was connected and could let us know.

• bailey6760
    edited July 2014

Yes, thank you, Sharon.

• Ridley
    Ridley Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2014

Such sad news about Kristine -- such a random crappy disease.  I will miss the beauty of her spirit that shone through brightly here.

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited July 2014

The lesson of Bible study class today focused on comfort a woman who considered her cancer a gift felt. It was a challenge for me. Being a survivor is a gift, but the cancer is a thief that steals too many and too much from us.

• RHGSR
    RHGSR Member Posts: 179
    edited July 2014

oh no!! I'm so sad. I love the previous comments on FBB being free.  Yes cancer is a thief of so much....

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited July 2014

"When I feel fear, I go where the wood duck rests his beauty on the water and the heron feeds. I come into the peace of wild things who do not live with grief. Above me stars are waiting with their light. I rest in God’s grace and am free."

I have no better words.....I will take a piece of her with me everytime I am in the mountains.......I am so sad to lose her.....prayers to her family.

• RHGSR
    edited July 2014

I echo BosomBuddies question. What happened? I remember her from before but I lost touch with all of you when I was going through chemo and rads. 

Holli 

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited July 2014

RHG.....she was dx'd with brain mets several months ago, had surgery and cranial rads. Things seemed to be improving, then more brain mets were discovered, along with suspicious lung spots, I believe. 

I glad things are going well with you, and that you have re-connected to us. Hugs....

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited July 2014

Oh, my heart is so heavy hearing about Bluebird.  Prayers to her and her family. She was a strong warrior.   Peace, my dear.

• bailey6760
    edited July 2014

I wish you could all come to my house so we could be together for real tonight. 

Lighting my FBB candle. 

Love you guys!

B

• Jeannie57
    edited July 2014

Bailey, what a great idea, just what we need. Candles and posts will have to do.

• bailey6760
    edited July 2014

She was so wry ...she posted not long ago on the insomniacs page that she would throw in the towel but then there would just be more laundry. Happy

• Jeannie57
    edited July 2014

I saw that, too! I laughed out loud.

• bailey6760
    edited July 2014

We were pm'ing about 10 days ago and she wished my parents continued strength  and that Thing 1 and Thing 2 would continue to grow and spread their wings. 

She was kind. 

I keep thinking of the picture of her in the kayak a few weeks ago. So happy she was able to do that.

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited July 2014

I am so sorry to hear about Kristine! I wish we could all be sitting around drinking coffee right now :-(  I hate cancer!

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited July 2014

BB- I am with you, tearing up as I sit here at the puter

• Jeannie57
    edited July 2014

Plenty of tears for me today. For sure, there is anger at this evil disease. 

• bailey6760
    edited July 2014

oh yeah Bosum Blues, you aren't alone....I've been all over emotional spectrum the last few hours.  

• RHGSR
    edited July 2014

What I'm angry about is that this mess comes back after someone has fought so hard. I went back and found the kayak photo. She looked so full of life. From reading some of your posts it seems like she touched many lives. I guess that is all someone can ask to do... positively touch the lives of others. 

Would it be too insensitive of me to ask her age and age of her children? 

My heart breaks for them all. 

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2014

Bailey, I wish we could all be together tonight. Again this is the group that gets how we feel.  I love you all.  FBB touched all of us. Praying for her family. ...Julie