Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Moving On......After the Flap

Options

Comments

• The1toC
    The1toC Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    Options

Rack pack beautiful photos!! Looks like you are enjoying the journey AND the destination. Thanks for sharing and having us in your pockets.

• lahela
    lahela Member Posts: 145
    edited September 2014
    Options

Just gorgeous Smile

• LiLi-RI
    LiLi-RI Member Posts: 160
    edited September 2014
    Options

I love the photos! It is so wonderful to see the faces of the Rack Pack! Love it. Lisa

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2014
    Options

Marty, dude's the official photographer when the Rack Pack was named. 

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited September 2014
    Options

Sounds like a great name for a new discussion board group hahaha.  What gorgeous scenery, weather, and women!  So glad you all had this time!  Hahaha Janet that crossed my mind as well..... 

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited September 2014
    Options

Such a wonderful weekend.....with such amazing women.

from the first day on Mt. Hood....

to the last night together in the house at Salmon River.....

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited September 2014
    Options

Wow, what a great picture! I'm getting all teary looking at your little faces. This is the first one I've seen without hats and sunglasses, and you are all so gorgeous. 

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited September 2014
    Options

Janet, we soooo hope that you will be able to attend the next one, as well as everybody else on here who wishes to do so. It was a joyous, positive and very beautiful experience. We were never awkward, because we already knew each other so well from this thread. Breast ca is a destructive, life-changing rollercoaster, but we have truly turned it into a celebration of life and sisterly love. The whole thing was all the more poignant in the light of Movie losing both her DH and her mother. It was so good to see how she enjoyed being there, participating fully in everything, even leading the hikes, and I just know that she is going to be okay. We all love you, Movie, and I also love all of you women dearly.

The last person to arrive very late on Friday night was Morningsun. So on Saturday morning, the first time that we all really properly looked each other in the eye for the first time around the breakfast table, it took less than half an hour before the first one whisked up her top - I think it was Sbel (who else - lol!) who led the charge. After that we got up one by one to 'show and tell', and I truly believe that it was so healing to do this, to talk about this, to know that this is behind us, we have made it through, and we all have the literal and figurative scars to prove it. All this went down with much fun and laughter, as you can imagine, as we compared 'notes', discussed our surgeons, procedures, etc. etc. And the prize for the most beautiful pair of new foobs goes to . . . . . . Zenful! WOW! Those docs at NOLA really know what a woman's boobs should look like. They are true masters of their art. Good for you, Zenful - you are such a deserving recipient!

Hope to see more of you there next time. I can recommend it with absolutely no reservations.

• lahela
    lahela Member Posts: 145
    edited September 2014
    Options

Me too, Janet! I so wish I could have been there with you. So much love!

• Morningsun1
    edited September 2014
    Options

Well put, liefie, well put.

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited September 2014
    Options

Absolutely love the pictures!

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited September 2014
    Options

love the photos. So glad y'all had a wonderful timeM

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited September 2014
    Options

Liefie, you are so eloquent! Well-put, indeed.

• LiLi-RI
    LiLi-RI Member Posts: 160
    edited September 2014
    Options

This is my first smile for me in a couple of weeks. The beautiful photos with the most unbelievable women who reflect such strength and passion for life brings tears to my eyes too! I would love to join you all at the next reunion!

Grateful.

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks, liefie, for putting into words what we were feeling! It was truly a weekend like no other. I wish the same for each of you. ...Julie

• enjoyevrymoment
    edited September 2014
    Options

There are so many awful parts of breast cancer but there are some special things that no one would get unless they were us.  Flashing boobs to each other makes perfect sense to me.... 

Agreed Janet, they are certainly all beauties!  Can someone label the last pictures with names?   

You all truly represented what this board is about, not letting breast cancer slow us down. 

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited September 2014
    Options

Back row, left to right:  Nihahi, Bailey6760, Sbelizabeth, Morningsun1, Cherrie, Jbloom

Front row, left to right:  Moviemaniac, Zenful, Liefie, Jeannie57

It was a weekend to remember.  Friends who were close to my heart, but never laid eyes on before.  Shared experiences, shared struggles and victories and grief and joy.  Amazing.

And it's true.  Zenful is our next poster girl.  Yowza!

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited September 2014
    Options

It is amazing how far we have come and are ready to "move on" .  I thought our show and tell was a BIG step forward for me. It was amazing to see how skilled our surgeons were. We look pretty damn awesome! What I will remember most about our weekend is laughter. It was so healing.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited September 2014
    Options

Liefie, you described the weekend perfectly.  Connecting with these beautiful ladies was so wonderful. By the way, everyone's foobs looked fantastic!  There are a lot of great surgeons out there. 

• jlbloom
    edited September 2014
    Options

Zenful, you are still the poster girl.  You look fabulous, Darling!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited September 2014
    Options

a few more from the weekend....but none with all of us.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited September 2014
    Options

It was all so great! Loved being with these dear friends and being able to hug and hear the laughter. BC certainly is a blind alley at times and it's purpose in my life a conundrum, but it did lead me here and I'll take that as a silver lining for certain.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yes, connecting with all of you was certainly unexpected and a gleaming silver lining!

• enjoyevrymoment
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks for sharing with us, I hope there will be another reunion in the future.... so grateful to have a support system

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited September 2014
    Options

Good morning! Just heard my favorite new quote and I need to share it with you. 

'Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right' - Henry Ford.

• Morningsun1
    edited September 2014
    Options

need a LIKE button, Janet_M, bailey, and Jeannie. Pretty new avatar, roomie! Not looking forward to tomorrow Bawling

• GwennyMD
    GwennyMD Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2014
    Options

You ladies look fantastic.  Glad that you all enjoyed yourself.

• jlbloom
    edited September 2014
    Options

Morningsun, what's up that you were dreading the 29th?

• Morningsun1
    edited September 2014
    Options

Because it's Monday so I have to go to work Scared. It will be over very soon, so Happy

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited September 2014
    Options

Aw, poor poor Morningsun!