Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Moving On......After the Flap

Options

Comments

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited September 2014
    Options

sbe....Try not to get caught in the landslide of work before next week! I always hated that when I was working.....frantic to get ahead before some time off...frantic to catch up when you get back. 

SUNSHINE here today!!! woohoo!!!!!! (of course the temp is -3, but hey, ya take what you can get, right!!!!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2014
    Options

Did you do a Sun dance, nihahi?

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited September 2014
    Options

thank the lord someone did the dance!!!

I had a chat with Jackie (movie) this afternoon. She is such a strong gal, determined to "get through". Just talking to her made me want to reach through the phone and hug her. She wants you all to know that she is aware of the messages of support and has been getting the cards sent to her. She has found great strength and comfort in everyone's thoughts, prayers and "connections". She has placed her mom in a hospice home, and Jackie said she felt the peace and "transition" atmosphere of the place, as soon as she stepped through the door. A difficult, but truly "right" step for Jackie to take. I encouraged her to use her energy for what "she" most needs, and we had a bit of a laugh at all the "we're coming" messages. She is knee deep in delinquent washing machine issues, all the legal/paperwork "things" that come with someone's passing, but is truly truly looking forward to the weekend with us.

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited September 2014
    Options

The get together couldn't come at a better time for you all to give her hugs in person, please hug Jackie for me too ok?  

Glad you saw sun Nihahi despite the brisk temperatures.

sbe glad the girls look good and radiation mark is improved!!!!  My job is like that the first week back after a week off I was snowed under but I still don't regret getting away :)

One more day in this work week and then my daughter comes home from her 5 month missions trip.  She will stay with us until October then she moves to apartment not far away with 2 girlfriends.  I am tickled she will be self supporting YET not far away ;)  Can't wait to see her!  She left three weeks after my surgery and it will be fun to show her how much better I feel at 6 mos out :)  

Marty good for you, going to Vinnie I would think you will be pleased with the result.  I have called them and they were quite pleasant but I ended up scheduling with U of Penn's tattoo artist, it is $350.00 and has had great outcomes per my friend who had Mandy do hers there, and also the pictures they showed.... I talked to my insurance and evidently there is quite possibly coverage with my plan, Blue Cross.  We will see.  

Good night everyone, or good morning as it may apply

Cindy

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited September 2014
    Options

Cindy, you must be so excited to see your daughter. I am sure she will have some great stories to share. After reading Vinnie's article I would like to see if I can find a tattoo artist in the Indianapolis area. Have a great weekend! ...Julie

• enjoyevrymoment
    edited September 2014
    Options

I cried buckets picking my daughter up at the airport.  She was so tickled to see me healthy, she cried too.  I made her breakfast this morning and for a few moments it just seemed like the old days... things change, kids grow up and get independent, but thankfully we will hopefully always have a great relationship, and she will be coming over for dinner on Sundays :)

I feel so blessed, my son went to the airport too and we all went out to eat afterwards (Chik-Fil-A, Shelby's choice, since she missed eating chicken without a head attached :)

Enjoy today and hope you find your happy....6 mos out in 4 days and so grateful.

Cindy

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited September 2014
    Options

Cindy, that's beautiful. One of the positives of this entire journey is that it certainly makes us take notice, doesn't it?

• Teacher64
    Teacher64 Member Posts: 402
    edited September 2014
    Options

I met with a friend this afternoon. We hadn't visited since I attended her baby shower three days pre-DIEP. She's a darling young woman who was the last "newbie" I mentored. She had a baby boy, she and DH sold house, are building another, she moved to a new school district and teaching schedule...and I thought I'd been through a lot the last six months. Holding her darling baby gave me the warm fuzzier. Ahhh

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2014
    Options

Great news to take with you to Montana:  My chest MRI was negative for cancer!!  Everyone enjoy this weekend!!  Love, Kat

• Morningsun1
    edited September 2014
    Options

That is great news, Kat-ski, so happy for you. I know exactly how you feel, for I recently got an all clear report on my endometrial biopsy.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kat-ski, fantastic news! You deserved it. Happy for you, too, Morningsun.

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yay, Kat-ski! Good test results can sure lift the weight off your shoulders.  ...Julie

• Teacher64
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yeah, Kat-ski.

• enjoyevrymoment
    edited September 2014
    Options

Happy for everyone's good news, and for those who are powering through things that didn't work the way they wanted, I am thinking of you and praying for you also....hang in there!

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited September 2014
    Options

In just 3 days, some of my sweet friends will be gathering at Mt. Hood for a bit of a celebration.  Hoist a glass for me, y'all!  I hope you have a grand timeSmileThumbsUpHappy.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks, Marty!  Lots of photos to follow!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited September 2014
    Options

My MRI was clear, too!  Nothing on the chest wall, nothing in the lymph nodes. The radiologist told me they just looked like normal breast tissue, and he would not have known they were reconstructed if he hadn't been told.  Wow!

• Teacher64
    edited September 2014
    Options

Zenful, what great news!

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited September 2014
    Options

great Zen!

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

Zenful, yay! Yay! Yay!

• Morningsun1
    edited September 2014
    Options

great to hear, zenful. Will miss you Marty.

• sbelizabeth
    edited September 2014
    Options

Great news, Zen!  May we all have such great news, for every exam!

• The1toC
    The1toC Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    Options

oh Katski and Zen I hope you are celebrating such wonderful news!!!! Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited September 2014
    Options

Have just caught up with all the posts that I missed last week when I was on the cruise. Seems everybody is doing well at this moment in time, and I am happy for all the good news. Tomorrow morning at nine I'm leaving home on my way to Portland. As I am sitting here at 10.47 pm, I have not packed a single thing. Fortunately it is an 'all girls' occasion, so nothing fancy is required, right? So excited to see Movie at the airport, and can't wait to hug her. Spoke to her earlier tonight. Shame, she sounded tired, but happy that the weekend is coming up, and she can get away from it all. Bailey, see you tomorrow night - can't believe this is really happening now!

This was taken last Wednesday afternoon at Magen's Bay Beach, St. Thomas. We had a lovely holiday.

• Jeannie57
    edited September 2014
    Options

Annemarie, are you bringing that hat? I am a lousy packer. You must be really fast and good at it!

• sbelizabeth
    edited September 2014
    Options

Lovely photo, Liefie.  It's going to be sunny and warm in Oregon, bring the hat AND the mojito! 

And don't sweat the packing.  After a long, luxurious cruise, this is going to be easy.

• Cuetang
    Cuetang Member Posts: 173
    edited September 2014
    Options

hurray for good news from test results!  For the ladies who will be at Mt. Hood, please let the rest of us in on all the fun with stories and pictures!  Happy

• Morningsun1
    edited September 2014
    Options

I am just like you liefie, I won't pack until the night before. If I didn't have to work Friday, I would do my packing Friday morning! Cuetang, hop on a plane and join us, there is still room. By the way, I may come to Fairfax VA for a bridge tournament later October. If I have time, I will pm you and hope to get to meet you. 2 more sleeps.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited September 2014
    Options

I'M SITTING IN THE AIRPORT WAITING TO BOARD!!!! A few more hours and I get to meet Liefie and Movie.

This chit just got real!

• LiLi-RI
    LiLi-RI Member Posts: 160
    edited September 2014
    Options

Great news Zen!

I am so jealous that you will all meet, talk, and hug! I hope you ladies enjoy a wonderful weekend! I will be thinking of you!!!

Lisa