Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited October 2013

Thanks, Goldie! That Bobbie is a character. She makes me laugh out loud.

Sbel, in my drugged haze, it took me too long to realize that the garment was pulled up too high. As soon as I changed it I was much more comfortable. I only wish I had realized it sooner!

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

Thanks, Bailey.

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited October 2013

Jeannie, I read that article just now. What a beautiful photo filled with such joy! And you really expressed yourself so well too - hopefully people reading that article will have a little better understanding of what women with bc go through.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited October 2013

Sitting here watching a beautiful sunrise, with a lovely cup of coffee.....it's gonna be a great day!

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

Thanks, Nihahi. I'm trying really hard not to over-analyze that article, wishing the quotes were put together better or wishing other things were added. It is beyond me now, in Mukilteans' homes and businesses. I'm praying God uses it to help someone.

• nihahi
    edited October 2013

My mom's favourite prayer.

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

While I do thank you, Nihahi, for a lot of things, I meant to thank Liefie in my last post. Sometimes I really wonder about my brain's condition....Thank you, Nihahi for the reminder of the serenity prayer. I haven't thought about it regarding my boobs before!

• nihahi
    edited October 2013

quietly chuckling at your post, jeannie.....didn't really mean to connect the thoughts to boobs.....but to the "big picture"....I figure our boobs are just part of the "package" we tote with us down the road! Have a good day!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2013

My favorite prayer, too nihahi. It's the wisdom that God often forgets to grant me...

Happy Halloween everyone.

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

Here are some happy photos for you. The orcas photo was taken the other day from West Seattle. That's where DH and I had such a beautiful bike ride along the water. The second photo: I thought things looked larger in photos! That fish looks puny! I swear it was a foot long and now is

happily swimming and growing as we speak.

Why oh why is it upside down????

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

haha! I give up....

• nihahi
    edited October 2013

jeannie...it looks humongous!!!!.....fyi...not upside down to me!

LOVE the orcas!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited October 2013

interesting....why is it upside down and then sideways for me?????? And why doesn't my first letter of my sentence capitalize anymore???

• nihahi
    edited October 2013

wilbur......no other explanation.

• goldie4040
    goldie4040 Member Posts: 404
    edited October 2013

Jeannie, I love love love the Whale photo. It means so much to me that you posted that today. The other night I watched the most disturbing documentary on CNN called Blackfish. It was about the killer whales in captivity, and how they are caught, and how their brains are actually more evolved then ours when it comes to emotions, and how hard they grieve when they are separated from their Pods. I cried and cried, and swore a child related to me will never again go to Sea World, etc. If they want to see a whale I will take them on a whale watching cruise. Thank you.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited October 2013

Jeannie right side up, right side out and straight up HUGE fish :))) lovely orcas, too!! Thanks for posting!

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited October 2013

Jeannie- great article and pic. I have no doubt you are helping others. I love, love love the orca picture. Will they be around when I come in November? We are coming in on the 25th and leaving on Dec.5. Hope we can have lunch or dinner together. We can drive up as I will have my son's car. Let me know what your schedule looks like.

Love your tattoo idea. 😉

Nihahi- My grand daughter is Tinkerbell. We did trunck or treat with my daughters Moms Club. It was sooo fun. We drove 13 hours yesterday and am now home. We are expecting a grandson in March. Feeling blessed.

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

I'm glad you all enjoyed the Orcas. I live in a magical place. Cherrie, I would love to get together! My calendar is really open on those dates for now. I don't really know the specifics of the Orcas' travels...I hope you feel better soon.

• bailey6760
    edited November 2013

Sbel, I saw a baby girl in a lobster suit in a pot on the stove on the national news tonight......where is ours? :)))

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

patience bailey....it's still early in California....our special little crustacean is likely still charming the neighbours!

We live in a condo, and don't get any trick or treaters....I really miss the little ones, the tots who are lifted up onto the porch and just stand there with a stunned look on their faces!!!!

tonight, hubby and I decided to have our own Halloween.....jujubes for him, potato chips for me....yum yum!

• bailey6760
    edited November 2013

Ah, yes, I forget the time difference! I miss making costumes for my kids. They make their own now. Little one wrote "STUDENT LOANS" on a white t-shirt ....said it was the scariest thing he could think of......I have raided the loot for strawberry twizzlers! We only had 14 kids tonight.....it's windy and rainy tonight, unfortunately :( 

My favorite costumes ever were when they were 18 months and 4. The older one wanted to be the Grinch. So I made a Grinch costume for him and I made baby boy the Grinch' s dog.....it was hilarious and soooooo cute. 

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

My favourite costume that I made was worn first by my son...then later years by my daughter....then it ended up as a favourite in the huge duffle bag of clothes we kept as a "dress up bag"! It was a Care Bear costume....turned out sooooo cute!!!!

twizzlers....don't tell hubby...he loves those things!!!!

• bailey6760
    edited November 2013

We had a dress up box, too......they loved pirates the best. We would wad up newspaper, wrap it in tin foil and have cannon ball fights lol! One pirate ship was at the top of the stairs, the other behind the couch.....or outside it was the swingset and the picnic table. It got pretty wild around here sometimes.....especially when we had cousins here, too! Craziness. I loved every minute of it :) 

All right, I'm out, talk to you ladies tomorrow!

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

aww, my DGD is eight years old and had to miss school and Halloween because she woke up sick last night. She combined two costumes on her own to be a pirate/witch. Everyone they know is donating extra bags of candy or leftover candy to her!

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

aw....sorry for her jeannie.....being sick on special holidays (ESPECIALLY CHRISTMAS, which as you likely know is a pretty special time for Scandinavian families....was like the "norm" for me for years!!!!).

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited November 2013

Okay, call me old and cranky, but I can't believe our city and surrounding communities have moved trick or treat to Sunday night because it's raining. Really? Have we arrived at a place where we are so afraid to disappoint our children? I'm a firm believer in preparing the child for the path, not preparing the path for the child. These small disappointments are important lessons. Okay, rant over.

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

Seriously?????? meaning.....seriously they moved Halloween???? That's absurd!!!!!!!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited November 2013

wow.....I am losing it......Zenful, I just posted a response to your Halloween on another thread.....don't know what is wrong with me tonight! Anyway, I said here in Oregon we do EVERYTHING in the rain.....they are making the kids into pantywaists....ridiculous!

It has been exactly one year to the day when I had my LX and started riding the BC rollercoaster.....maybe that's why I'm a little crazy tonight......

Hope all had a happy Halloween......we had a whopping 8kids show up to trick or treat........

Very tired.....gotta get into bed.....

XO. Jackie

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

Zen, that is crazy. Rain doesn't stop anything here in Seattle. We didn't have rain but we had 134 kids tonight! Their parents park all over our neighborhood, coming from miles around. I don't mind because they are mostly cute and I'm glad they're in a safe neighborhood.

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

Movie, you have come a long way in a year. You are almost "done!" So happy for you.