Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited November 2013

My PS recommended ScarFade for my abdominal scar. He said it is silicone gel that you apply 2X a day. It's pricey so he suggested trying it for a month and seeing what I think. I ordered it online and just started using it today. He prefers it over the silicone sheets even though you can reuse those because he said there are fewer complications with the gel.

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

My daughter called and said Ann Arbor is under a tornado watch? Warning? from 5 Pm to 5 AM.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited November 2013

We (northwest of Ann Arbor a couple hundred miles) are just under a high wind warning until 4 am. Everything else was cancelled. But the winds are 50 mph or more. I think Ann Arbor is just under the wind warning now, too, Jeannie. Radar looks clear for now there, too. More rain coming. Sounds like the worst of it was south of MI. lots of power out here.

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

Thanks, Bailey. DD says the worst is over. Phew! I feel terrible for all those affected by the tornadoes.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited November 2013

Yep, we had a tornado warning here in Toledo, but it was so fast moving, we were only in the basement for about 15 minutes. Luckily, it's a finished basement so we don't mind hanging out there. All clear now, but the winds are still very strong. Glad I was home. I get a bit anxious when dangerous weather hits and I can't be safe in my own house. Hope everyone else fared well!

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited November 2013

Bailey, sending your family 4-leaf clover energy!

mammalou, if you find the name, please let me know. I'm getting desperate.

I have such sentimental attachment to everything! We've been in this house for 21 years and really need to do a purge.

I'm skipping Thanksgiving this year. Just too sore to even think about traveling to someone's house or cooking here. Looking forward to spending some alone time with puppykins and a good book.

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

I don't even have the opportunity to have family over for thanksgiving this year so I would love to just skip it. DH would be sad, though. We have a half-as$ed invitation to our son-in-law's brother's house. Does not sound fun to me. Whatever we do, be assured that I will be spending intentional time counting my blessings and since you are all on that list, it will take some time. I am a strong warrior and will face these stormy times head on. I am screaming (virtually) "PLOT TWIST! at the top of my lungs and I'm confident there are more chapters, with joy, to come. Thanks for your good thoughts!

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited November 2013

Hey Sisters!!! What a nice and sunny day in SA!! Weather crazy up north. Stan said Snickers had to make herself to go out in the wind for her business. Cats have not ventured out through the doggie door. He said it is windy and ugly outside. He heard from brother that Grant had winds @ 60 miles. Not a nice day for many including Il and Oh.

I spent lots of time with the boys. Trevor(9 months) got a glob of my hair to feel and it stayed. Lol!! Gummed me kisses. Edward had I read the homemade book about 20 times. Guess it passed muster!! My arms are fine but I will put sleeves on when I dress on Wed. That wa scarey!! All is well. Ready to get these appointments done.

Tomorrow is children's museum than scan. Thinking about you all Be well and keep safe. Kat

• mammalou
    mammalou Member Posts: 293
    edited November 2013

bluebird... I used the Vigalon Hydogel wound dressing sheets. I've never seen them in the store. My hospital just loaded me up on them when I started getting too red during Rads. Ask your doc. They really helped.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited November 2013

No tornado watches here in So Cal.  We might get a few sprinkles later in the week, though, and that would be great.  It's dusty and dry, dry, dry this time of year.  When we ride at night we can see the clouds of dust swirling around in our headlight beams. 

It was the boys' birthdays yesterday, so we took everyone, Aubrey included, to a fancy restaurant for dinner.  While we were waiting to be seated a very eclectic-looking lady was enchanted with Aubrey, who had the hiccups at the time.  The lady said she was a reflexologist and asked to treat Aubrey's little feet for her hiccups.  Momma said sure, and the lady touched Aubrey's feet in what appeared to be very light, rhythmic movements.  "This will cure her hiccups and loosen up her bowels," she said.  Five minutes later...no hiccups and a very impressive diaper blow-out.  Who knew?

Have a great Monday, everyone!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited November 2013

Gosh....hope everyone in the Midwest is safe and sound! Insane weather for this time of year!!!!!

Woke up to -23C windchill this morning...has since warmed up to a balmy -7C. sbe...do your own math!!! It's cold!!!

jeannie...did I detect a wee bit of "fighting spirit" in your voice??? Hope so. Lack of Holiday enthusiasm....it hits many of us at different times in life, I think. If you do go to the SIL's family gathering, you'd at least be with your daughter and grand daughter wouldn't you? Family gatherings....muddy waters sometimes!!! What about you and hubby working at a dinner for a shelter, or something like that?

kat....sounds like you're enjoying the grandkids...have fun!

marty...mmmmmm, that oyster roast sounded delish!!!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

Nihahi, I hope you detected more than just a "wee bit" of fighting spirit! Bring it on! I see my PCP today to see if I can get on BP meds. I really think it would be a good idea, much as I hate adding another drug to my routine. My granddaughter lives in Escondido, CA so I won't be seeing her at Thanksgiving. I wish we could be there. Even if we don't go to the "family" thing here in town, my daughter will come over for a big breakfast or something. We have tried working at a shelter as a family a few times before, signed up and everything but then they turned us away at the door because they had too much help!!! Maybe I'll check into it again. Stay warm!

• sbelizabeth
    edited November 2013

OK, girls, here is today's choice of footwear.  Don't you wish you were me?

• Cuetang
    Cuetang Member Posts: 173
    edited November 2013

sbelizabeth-- love them! SillyHeart

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

WOOHOO JEANNIE!!!!!!! GO GET 'EM GIRL!!!!!!

YEP.....you sounded much more like a fighter than a "wee bit"....didn't want to scare you off! Can't keep a redhead down for long, eh!!!!!

sorry, thought your GD was in Seattle....why don't you have an open house type Thanksgiving and invite some of your fly fishing gang!!!! Maybe you could all "cast" for the drumstick!

sbe...sweet !!!!!! Sadly, my choice of footwear today is a bit more insulated Winking!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited November 2013

Sbe...I can just hear you dancing around your office singing " Don't you wish your high heels were HOT, like mine?........" To that song of Beyoncé 's(?).......Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?......

Heehee......... :)

Hope ALL you sisters I the Midwest are staying safe........scary weather happening there!

Nihahi.......better be wearing your long-john underwear.......with the butt-hatch...... :). As my DSIL #2 would say.....it's cold enough to freeze the t__s off a witch! (And no, you are NOT said witch!). :)

Busy busy day.....must get going!

Love you all!

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited November 2013

4 sections of our wooden fence was snapped right off and it fell down. These are 4 x 4 posts sunk in cement. The wind was howling so loud I didn't even hear it. Also, we had a 30 degree drop today. Wondering about our Illinois and Ondiana sisters.

• mammalou
    edited November 2013

sbelizabeth... I wish I could sit like that. My tailbone was worse today. I could barely sit or bend over. I only took Tylenol because I wanted to be coherent at school and I'm thinking that could be the reason. I came home, took Wilburs, and climbed in bed.

• sbelizabeth
    edited November 2013

Oh, mammalou, there's not much worse than a painful tailbone. Sorry you're so uncomfortable! Right after my twins were born I could hardly sit down because my tailbone hurt so acutely. My OB said it was because their little heads had moved it somewhat, and that a baby's head can even occasionally fracture it during birth. Ouchhhh!!!! I hope Wilbur steps in and helps you feel better tonight!

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited November 2013

Bless your heart Mammalou. I taught for 35 years and I came home exhausted without this surgery.

• mammalou
    edited November 2013

oh thank you cherrie, maybe I am doing ok then. Sad I'm wondering a bit.

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited November 2013

sbelizabeth - I DO wish I was you! Fabulous!

Jeannie - Sounds like you've picked up your sword and your shield again. Cheers to that, sister!

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

Cherrie, glad you're okay!

Well, tonight I'm on the not-so-fun part of the roller coaster but happy that I took some positive steps today. I did the elliptical for forty minutes, saw my PCP, started the search for a therapist, continued purging my closets. I'll see the neuro-eye doc bright and early tomorrow and hopefully we'll learn something positive instead of all the bad things it might be. Hoping I don't need a brain MRI but we'll see. I sure would like to be able to see better again.

Mammalou, hope Wilbur helps you feel better. I need me some Wilbur about now!

• sbelizabeth
    edited November 2013

Janet...I used to have the knack of getting up quickly and quietly, ala Ms. Loren. That was before Femara wrung every last drop of estrogen from my musculoskeletal system. Now I am thrilled when I can get up with the aid of a prop, such as planting my palms on my desk and rising majestically to my feet. Like Barbara Stanwyck in The Big Valley. Or Yoda, with his walking stick. Whatever.

Estrogen. It used to be good. Now it's bad. And most definitely NOT quick or quiet.

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

jeannie....you're likely sitting in Seattle traffic with a cup of Starbucks, but just wanted to say hang in there today at your eye appt. Would it help if we all chanted "TOWANDA" all morning, maybe on the hour, and 1/2 hour???? I'll do it....I'm a little off the timing but here is my first one to start the ball rolling for you......ahem.......TOWANDA!!!!!!!!! Nerdy

• sbelizabeth
    edited November 2013

Jeannie...TOWANDA!  

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

Thanks, guys! I'm sitting here in the eye office, waiting. It took an hour to get here. Keep the Towandas coming.

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

TOWANDA

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited November 2013

For Jeannie: TOWANDA!

• mammalou
    edited November 2013

Towanda!