Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited November 2013

Jeannie....the incidentaloma was seen on a scan a couple of months ago (intramammery lymph nodes.....the ones under the sternum). Lit up like a Chritmas tree. They said it did not look cancerous at that time but to watch it carefully. They suggested rescan in three months. I suggested rescan in two months.....So I can get results before stage II surgery in case the plan needs to change. Two months is the first week of December, so scan is on 12/5. Hopefully it has everything to do with all the business I have going on on that side from the flap surgery and nothing to do with recurrence.

And the reason we are waiting on the scholarship is that about 1600 kids applied and they have to go through all of those application packages.....I as actually pretty impressed that they said it would be done by Christmas!

Good thing I am a patient soul.......NOT!!!!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited November 2013

Bailey, thanks for the reminder. I am not surprised about the scholarship wait, either. The only "lit up like a Christmas tree" I want you to have has ornaments and presents under it...

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited November 2013

Happy Monday everyone.....hope it means the start of a "Thankful" week!

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

especially for sbe......saw this on another thread....IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT OF YOU!!!!!

hahahaha.....gee I hope this copy/paste works.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited November 2013

Bailey, waiting sucks, but good things come to those who wait! Sending positive energies your way.

Thankful week indeed. I've been dealing with complications from rads and complained to my RO about my bad luck this year. Not only my diagnosis, but surgery failure - now radiation problems. (Skin is gone) He looked me in the eye and said "There's no such thing as bad luck. Although you've been going through a really rough, painful time, you are still doing well and will get better."

I am very thankful that along the way I've had people in my life who help me focus and keep my spirits up.  

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited November 2013

Nihahi...that is the funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time!  Belly laughed and woke up the whole office.  Now I'm wondering how to attach some cleats to some killer heels and make my own...

Beautiful ride yesterday, but we had a rainstorm late last week and apparently the creek blasted through with a lot of built-up debris, making a muddy mess of everything.  I got my front tire in a mud hole and went right over the bars.  Don't worry, the bike is OK!  And I'm just a little sore and bruised.  Crashing into soft mud is usually nothing serious, just dirty. 

Have a great Monday, everyone!

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

Sbel, as long as your new boobs are ok! Jk, glad you are all right, too. Nihahi's "bike" shoes were pretty hilarious.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited November 2013

Bahahhahahha! That all I want for Christmas.....biking cleat spikes....in red!!!

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

good lord, sbe.....foobs flying over the handlebars!!!!! Glad to hear the bike (and you, of course) are still in the proper number of pieces.

movie...hope you eventually got out of the car.

cherrie...hope the road trip is going well...from what I saw on the weather tonight, it's a good thing you're not heading East!

I'm making a turkey sausage/sage stuffing casserole on Thanksgiving....that'll have to be it for this year, since it'll be just me and hubby.

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

Sigh. I've been talking to a gal who was diagnosed in September and is just now meeting with BS/MO tomorrow. She's still so shocked. I sure hope she checks out bco.org!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited November 2013

Hey all......super tired....spent 16 hours in the car from LA to Portland.......I drove the whole way, as I chose that scenario over the one that had DD #1 doing ANY of the driving....as I would like to live long enough to enjoy my new foobs.... :\

I entered the ugly Christmas sweater contest.....can you believe I DIDN'T win???????? :(. The earrings I made from ornaments......bah humbug!!!!!

I am going to bed......love you all!

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited November 2013

Movie - You're a winner to me! I was reading this thread and saw your picture and almost spit out my coffee. What ran through my head was 'What the f*ck?' So glad that isn't your every day sweater. The cat with the beard and necklace is fabulously creepy. I can honestly say - the ugliest sweater I've ever seen!

Bluebird - I love your RO for saying that to you about 'no such thing as bad luck'. You've been dealt a huge challenge and deserve to have good people in your life.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm thinking not just of us girls, but of our brothers, sisters, parents & kids.We've already celebrated Thanksgiving here in Canada, so - since I'm not spending my energy thinking about stuffing and turkey, I'm sending all my positive energy to your loved ones, South of the border.

• sbelizabeth
    edited November 2013

Movie, that is one UGLY sweater. I'm devastated you didn't win. You were robbed. When you were describing it at dinner I just couldn't get the whole picture of hideousness. Now it's pretty clear!

Jeannie, remember those wretched days when CANCER filled your thoughts 24/7, and your heart was seized with fear? People here told me it would get better, and I didn't see how it possible could, but it absolutely does. I hope she finds here way here too.

Moonlight bike ride last night! It's so beautiful in the mysterious, magical dark, with the stars and crescent moon overhead and the smells of the woods so much sharper at night! We saw a bunch of huge, hoppy toads and an owl. And I kept the rubber side down this time!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited November 2013

Made it with a fabulous view of the Cascades from the airplane. It was also clear enough to see Mt. Rainer from the airport. This time change is a killer. I have been up since 4:45 Seattle time. Anxious to see some sights today.

Have a happy Tuesday everyone!

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

cherrie....glad to hear you arrived safe and sound....enjoy to the max!!!!!

movie....I demand a recount....truly hideous beyond words is that sweater....The cat just freaks me out...I swear it looks real! Very glad to hear from you too, that you made it safe. That is one, looooong drive!!!! Hope someone else is doing the Thanksgiving work for you! How long are DD&D staying with you? (DD and dog).

jeannie...gosh that's a long time in "waiting room hell" for that lady! The farther out from our own dx, the more women we meet going down the same path. I find it both sad (that it still can't be eliminated from life) and weirdly "comforting" to realize I am not alone.....does that sound wrong???

sbe....moonlight ride sounds lovely, very glad to hear the bike and rider stayed in proper "alignment" this time.

bluebird....I agree with your doc. I don't believe in "bad luck" either....I believe in there is no such thing as a perfect life, but I am thankful every day, that there is life to live.

Time for another coffee and a bowl of oatmeal....then on with the day....massage and lunch with friends...woohoo!

sbe...how is sis???

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited November 2013

Movie, I can't imagine an uglier sweater. What the heck did the one look like that won?

Cherrie, those time changes are tough. Sounds like a beautiful view! Happy Tuesday! ...Julie

• sbelizabeth
    edited November 2013

Aubrey helping Grandpa with the newspaper Sudoku.

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

Sbel, Aubrey is beautiful!! And obviously smart if she's already doing Sudoku...How is your sister???

Julie, so good to hear from you and that you are doing well!

Cherrie, I'm so happy you are experiencing some clear Seattle weather! Maybe you went to the top of the Space Needle today?

Crazy Movie, how in the world did you not win the VERY UGLY sweater contest??? Maybe it's because you're a beautiful person and you couldn't disguise it, HA!

Bluebird, thinking of you and hoping the pain passes quickly. I think it's smart to be taking oxycodone. I should have taken it more often than I did so my body had a better chance to heal when my skin was falling off.

My brother is getting a PICC line as we speak and will be discharged tomorrow with many more weeks of Vancomycin to make sure the infection is destroyed for good. This is good news! My eye continues to worsen. DH is bending over backwards, jumping through hoops and doing whatever he can to "stabilize" his boss long enough for him to find another job...it's tough at age 59, during the holidays but there is always hope. The message at church on Sunday was on practicing thankfulness and gratitude, making them habits, not just feeling them. As you can imagine, in some ways "doing" thankfulness is easier for me right now than feeling it. I put in two hard days at the food bank yesterday and today where we had record numbers of hungry folks. I loved it and I'm thankful I was able to do it, finally. Thankful for all of you, too!

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

Goodness that baby is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Tell Jerry he's passable too, of course!

jeannie... so glad you could spend that time at the food bank, as it obviously is something you love to do. Still keeping fingers crossed for hubby. I like your "ugly sweater theory" re: movie....there is no other explanation!

• FierceBluebird
    edited November 2013

Ok, I will be odd man out. How can a sweater with a kitten on it be ugly?the green grinch fuzz freaked me out, but kitten faces and movie's face are cute!  

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited November 2013

Movie--That is THE ugliest sweater Ive seen, you totally should have won!

SBE- Aubrey is a living doll, beaty and brains so the world better watch out! lol

Jeannie-- Hope yourbrother is doing o.k., keeping you guys in y prayers.

Bluebird-- I hope you are able to get some relief soon!

We had to put our older dog to sleep today, he was 15. It hit me harder than I thought it would.  I stroked his fur and kissed his nose while he drifted off.  It was surreal, one minute he was there and next minute he wasnt.  Made me think about all I have been through with this dang cancer.  On the bright side, I am totally pulling out all the christmas decoratins this weekend. If I can convince DH to do it, you guys will see my house from space.  lol

Hugs ladies!

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited November 2013

sweet-so sorry for your loss. Loosing a best friend is the worst, but he had you with him til the end. A beautiful thing.

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

Sweet....so sorry to hear about your dog....I'm glad it could be done in a peaceful, loving way. Good to hear from you.

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

Sweet, my sympathies to you. Our hearts are full of love for our dogs and it's a blow when they pass. I'm glad you could be with him. I'm glad you are with us, too!!!

Happy holiday decorating!

• FierceBluebird
    edited November 2013

Sweetpickle, special hugs and so sorry for your loss.

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2013

Oh, dear. My friend/acquaintance with fbc was told by the MO today that she has a "fifty-fifty chance!" What a horrible thing to say. I know her estrogen/progesterone results were low, don't know HER2, grade 3. Surgery as soon as possible, port, chemo after Christmas. She is too overwhelmed to reach out to bco.org yet, darn. Doing my best to encourage her.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited November 2013

Sweet- So sorry about the loss of your dog. It is so tough to go through.

Jeannie- I feel for your friend. She had to wait so long and then to hear that. It will be hard for her to enjoy the holidays when in shock. I would say I can't imagine, but we all can. NOT FAIR!!!!

We went to the Ballard Locks, Golden Garden Park, and the Green Lake Area. A very nice day. We went to the fish market and bought salmon for a great meal tonight. The kids are brining the turkey and it is pretty funny to have our roles reversed.

Thankful for so much!!!!

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited November 2013

Sweetpickle - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I'm glad you were with him to kiss him on the nose. Big hug to you.

Janet

• nihahi
    edited November 2013

good grief jeannie......!!!! Yes, we want our doctors to be "honest" with us, but there are more "encouraging" ways to deliver news like that!!!!! Hopefully, those words are not the ones the doc actually said to her, but more her "interpretation" of the seriousness of her dx????? You will likely be a very strong support and advocate for her.....Be sure to care for yourself, while caring for her, physically and emotionally.

cherrie....you certainly sound like you are getting the grand tour and are enjoying every minute...so happy you are having this time with your son.

I have a ton of stuff to get done the next few days, before the GWA, but will defo be getting in some long walks too. It has been quite mild here this week, but apparently, this will soon come to an end, and winter will return.

Have great days, everyone.

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited November 2013

Jeannie- I feel horrible for your friend! I cant imagine hearing that news, especially having to wait through the holiday.

Cherrie- Sounds like you are having a blast, enjoy having the kiddos bring the food to you!

I am getting ready for some serious baking and I am making an obscene amount of food for tomorrow.  Happy Wednesday everyone :)