Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited December 2013

Bailey, sending calming positive energies your way. You do so much comforting and guidance for everyone else, wish I could help in some way.

Jeannie, love the sleeve! I really want featherie, by can't fork over $100! I've spent so much money on lotions and potions and magic spells for rads. I may do some artwork on my plain medical sleeve. Thanks for the Domeboro soaks recommendation. It does help! I'm in holding pattern until next week.

I also second the Tumeric recommendation. It's in the ginger family and is a powerful anti-inflammatory. I've been taking it all year since my diagnosis. It helped with the bone pain from chemo. I'm off it now during radiation because of the anti radical antioxidant properties. Need the free radicals to do their job. 

Sweet, cute Halloween photo! And love the tree nihahi. Hoping to coax my kids into decorating today. I ordered a cyber Monday vacuum cleaner and tried it out last night. It's a 3 in one Shark and did my steps too. Totally overdid it and resting today. Opened up my skin again. Errgh!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited December 2013

Sweet......loved the photo of your kids....they're gorgeous! No comment on hubby....it freaks me too! I laughed at your "Christmas threw up all over the house" comment. I used to have stuff all over too when the kids were "kids". Gradually pared it down as they got older. We were forced to really "purge" when we moved to the condo, so now, I just have a few of the "very special things" left. We let the kids go through all the Christmas stuff, so they picked out things they wanted to keep, before we moved. It was a good way to not have to "let it go", but not have to store it. I'm thinking it looks a little too sparse, so might go shopping for a few "new things".

Bawling ONCE THIS FRIGGIN TEMPERATURE RISES FROM THE FRIGGING DEEP FREEZE)....sorry, should have put in a "rant warning"....I'm better now....

bailey.....I'm singing the tune along with you, trying to help time move faster for you. Did they give you any idea of when the results will be available??? I swear, waiting is one of the biggest hurdles in this whole "fandango".

bluebird....what dosage of tumeric do you normally take??? take it easy, girl.....babysteps to better skin!!!

movie, goldie.....maybe a wee bit better today???? hope?????

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited December 2013

Carly Simon...everybody now....Anticipa-ay-shun.....it's making me wait.

No they didn't say. Usually they are pretty damn fast.

I saved all my filing and busy work for today at work so I don't have to think too hard. Six months from now I'll go to look for something though and think, "Why the hell did I file this here???"

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

bailey.....I'm thinking it's time to break out something like "jingle bell rock"????? Get your groove on girl.....I decided to play Christmas carols while doing yoga this morning...I mean, I've got the tree up....why not!!!!! This "waiting" is like laying in bed, everyone's asleep....but YOU can hear a faucet drip.......drip........dripppppping. Gotta either go nuts, or drown it out!!!!!!

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited December 2013

bluebird- We need to strap you in a recliner with 24/7 bedside service so that you dont overdo yourself!  Your skin will thank you :)

Nahahi- I plan to do the same once the kiddos are grown.  It will be me and Dave in a condo in the outer banks! I hope you guys warm up some, its such a chore to run errands in snow and cold. I suppose you would hate me if I told you that I had to turn on my AC last night?  lol

Movie and Goldie- gentle hugs, hope you guys are doing better today.

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

bailey- Hope you hear something soon, I know the waiting is awful! 

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited December 2013

Brrrr. It is so cold. My heater is on continually. Grateful we don't have precipitation with these temps. Texas girls, thinking of you!

Sweet, I love your spirit! Your kids are adorable.

• FierceBluebird
    edited December 2013

Nihahi, I use vitacost brand tumeric and it is 800mg caps that I took twice a day. Lots of people prefer it with  curcumin complex like Marty does, but I've always used just the plain tumeric. In fact I used to just use the spice powder before the capsules.  here's a recipe for tumeric tea if anyone wants to try it.  Turmeric has a funky taste but this is a tasty way to drink it and it's very soothing.

Ingredients

1 cup almond milk

1/2 tsp turmeric

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp honey

1/4 tsp ginger

Directions

Heat the almond milk in a microwave, stir in the spices and drizzle the honey on top. Enjoy!

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited December 2013

Aw, Nihahi, do I need to send you blankets? So sorry about the deep freeze. Actually hope all you girls are safe.

Today, as we were leaving the house we noticed community security standing in the street 3 doors down. It appears that a 4 foot gator had taken up residence on the pine straw in the garden. Thankfully the resident dog (a giant schnauzer) was safely locked inside. The gator got relocated. As we came home this evening in the dark, there were police at the end of our yard near the lagoon. Not a gator attack this time. Apparently someone hit a 3 point buck with a car. The police and animal patrol removed him. I think I need to bake holiday cookies for our guys. They have been working overtime with the varmints this year!

• bailey6760
    edited December 2013

Good things come to those who WAIT!!!

Parasternal lymph nodes are less distinct than 2 months ago and essentially unremarkable. Very good news, sisters!!! So happy!!!

Now get out  of my pockets....hubby sick of seeing my crack with my pants on the ground :)))

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

Woohoo, Bailey! Jumping for joy for you.

• mammalou
    mammalou Member Posts: 293
    edited December 2013

so happy for you Baily! You deserve to celebrate.

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

WOOHOO BAILEY.........HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!NerdyNerdy

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

jeez marty! ....exciting times for you!!!!

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited December 2013

Super Wonderful News Bailey! Now there are champagne corks popping in your pocket. Might as well just take the pants right off!

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

Janet, you crack me u.

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

up! I meant up!

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

ah jeannie.....you'd maybe had a wee bit too much champagne already Winking!

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

WooooooooHoooooo!!!!!!! So happy to hear that Bailey!

• Jeannie57
    edited December 2013

A margarita is waiting for me tonight...

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited December 2013

Bailey, so happy to hear your good news! !...

• bailey6760
    edited December 2013

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all of your support and friendship, you guys are the best. We will celebrate tomorrow. I came home exhausted and our new smartphones (for the whole family) had arrived and I had to set those up and it took a heck of a lot longer than I expected! I am done with this day. I will catch up on posts this weekend.

• FierceBluebird
    edited December 2013

So happy for you Bailey! Fingers crossed for thing 1 too!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited December 2013

Bailey, I would be doing the happy dance for you.......but I can't move that fast! SO happy for you!!!!! Now on to Stage 2.......( and a night with that Casanova Wilbur......). :D

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited December 2013

Jeannie, u r making me laugh........ :D

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

Have a good, deep, restful sleep bailey.....!

I must confess.....smart phones make me feel stupid.

• nihahi
    edited December 2013

First Aid/CPR classes this weekend. Won't be posting but will be reading.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited December 2013

Bailey, Bailey!!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!!! "Essentially unremarkable..." YAY! YAY! YAY!

• sweetpickle
    edited December 2013

do any of you ladies do artificial nails?  I want to get my nails done but due to chemo making them come off over the summer, I hesitate to do acrylic this soon. Dont want to damage them anymore than they have been.  Welcome advice from the pros, I havent had fake nails since having kids. Thanks!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited December 2013

Sweet, I've never done acrylics, but I've had a couple of "gel" manicures with French tips. It lasts a long time and looks very pretty. For me, I wouldn't get acrylics because I'd be concerned about getting fungus underneath. And I really like the look of shortish, well-manicured nails.