Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited January 2014

Well, sisters, I am off to see my MO in a couple of hours and I have found two swollen nodes, one by my clavicle and one by my ab incision, both non cancerous side, if that even matters. I will be having the dreaded blood draw in my ankle, too. Please come with me!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited January 2014

Oh, Jeannie.  The waiting room will be so crowded, and so will the exam room, when we all squeeze in there with you.  Wear heated socks so the veins in your ankle pop up!

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Sbel, I am going to put a hand warmer in my sock!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited January 2014

(((((jeannie)))))

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited January 2014

Oh Jeannie.......I am in with the hand warmer.......(((hugs))) 

XO

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited January 2014

Jeannie, sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs your way!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited January 2014

Jeannie, we are there with you. Let us know how it went.

As for pouring gasoline, I've been using estrogen gel every night for 6 years before diagnosed. But who knows if not using it would have made a difference? There are so many questions, and so few answers, but I do tell my friends to stop using it.  Some are not listening.

Sbel, glad to hear you're doing well on Femara. Will suck for me to get that hand soreness/stiffness because I play the piano, but hopefully I'll get it somewhere else, if at all. No telling, eh? In the meantime we have to keep moving those body parts regularly.

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Boy, was it crowded at the cancer center today....my penguin sisters----you!--- circled me close! The IV in my foot took some time but the nurse was experienced and kind. Both my MO and her PA were sure the areas I was concerned with were not cancer! They weren't even nodes. The clavicle one was some kind of valve thing on my vessel popping around. I found it suddenly when I was doing MLD massage. They thought it was weird but not concerning. The round thing near my ab incision is evidently just some round scar tissue that moves around. Sure felt like a node but glad it wasn't!!!! They are concerned about the stress I am under so I still have to return in three months instead of moving to six month checkups. When I think about how far I have come in my relationship with these 2 women, I am so very grateful. It took some hard words earlier on but it is good now. It will be 2 years since dx on Jan. 17, 2 years since bmx on March 29, 1 year since finishing chemo on Feb. 1. Time does indeed march on. Thanks for your support and encouragement, as always. Hubs continues to mine his many job contacts and is encouraged by the activity. I wish time would slow down for that so I wouldn't worry about finances! I know in my heart we will be fine, one way or another. AND, the SUN came out this afternoon!

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Jeannie....glad all was relatively benign...STILL in your pocket.....waiting for DH to get a job before I jump out!  ( Germs and all.....)(((Hugs))XO

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Thanks, movie. Wanna go to my gyno with me tomorrow a.m. for my checkup? I hope my one remaining ovary is behaving.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited January 2014

Jeannie I like the sound of your post. You have come a long ways in the last two years. Your hubby WILL get a job and soon you will be sipping wine on your beautiful back porch reflecting how great life is. I will bring the wine myself the next time I am in Seattle. Take care my friend.

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Ha!  I would be there in a nanosecond.....if the traffic around Seattle would cooperate!  So bummed to not see you next weekend....Sad

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

jeannie...that is JUST AWESOME NEWS!!!!!. Is there anything the ca centre can do to help you find affordable "stress counselling"?

I was out for a long walk today, and just kept thinking of you the whole time....I saw my eagle again...and took it as a good sign for you!! Keep looking for those sunny moments!!!!

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited January 2014

(((((Jeannie))))))

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Nihahi, I initially started at the cancer center for a counseling referral, set up an appt. to discuss, but nobody called. I didn't have the emotional ability to follow up at the time. I have found a promising local someone who actually specializes in medical issues but since I'm dealing with things generally better, I am postponing for a bit during the job search. The fact that you thought about me all during your walk brought tears to my eyes. You know, the reason I can't meet up with Movie and Liefie---drat!--- is because we are scheduled for a float trip down a river to view, hopefully, 100's of bald eagles! 

Cherrie, thanks! That sounds great! Life is wonderful even though I hear a big suck sound lately. You all are a big part of the wonderful.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2014

Jeannie, you are such an inspiration.  You have been blasted with bad luck and yet you put a smile on and have thankfulness in your heart.  Good things are bound to come your way.  You are so special.  Keep the positive intentions going!  ((Hugs))

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

For jeannie.....may you always see eagles {{{{{X}}}}}

When an eagle appears, you are on notice to be courageous and stretch your limits. Do not accept the status quo, but rather reach higher and become more than you believe you are capable of. Look at things from a new, higher perspective. Be patient with the present; know that the future holds possibilities that you may not yet be able to see. You are about to take flight.

Bald Eagle

• sbelizabeth
    edited January 2014

Nihahi, his nose is peeling.

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited January 2014

see the eyes? Those are going to be the ones looking at the SSA officers in the Great Falls!

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

so true Tammy......TOWANDA!!!!!! 

I have a small mountain of documents stacked on the dining table to take with us....hubby is coming with....I think he caved when I showed him the original marriage certificate....no denying it now!!!!!

sbe....he must have just gotten back from a quick jaunt to AZ, and forgot to take his spf for the beak Nerdy

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Ha, Nihahi, thanks. Might I add that the soaring bald eagles around here are often being attacked by pesky smaller birds but they aren't taken down by them. Towanda, indeed! Do you leave tomorrow for your confrontation...ahem, appointment?

• Cherrie
    edited January 2014

Jeannie, where is that river ride. I would like to tell my son about it. 

• sbelizabeth
    edited January 2014

Liefie, I play the piano too!  And oddly enough, the stiffness/soreness doesn't interfere with it.  In fact, my hands feel better after I've run a few scales and stretched them out a bit.  So on a larger scale, it would seem than exercise is good for the ouchiness that goes along with the aromatase inhibitors.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2014

Thanks for the eagle, Nihahi.  I am on notice, and loving it!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited January 2014

Sbel, that's good news - thanks! Have to agree about exercise being good for stiff joints. We are meant to move, not sitting all the time, right?

Jeannie, yes, you are an amazing positive presence here. So happy everything's fine, and so sorry we will miss you next Saturday. Enjoy the eagles though! Those birds are so majestic, and sometimes one will come and sit in a tree close to the house where I can watch it. Sometimes they end up in the water when they try to catch something, they get too wet, and then cannot take off. I've watched them swim long distances using their wings like arms to get to dry land. No wonder there are so many legends and stories about them - they are simply magnificent. 

Nihahi, drive safely tomorrow. Love the picture, and your post about eagles!

Tammy, your post about the eagle's eyes are soooo funny! Those SSA officers should be afraid, very afraid . . .lol.

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Thanks for your praise. Just doing the best I can. I do have faith in God which helps, even though I have struggled with even that lately. I'm feeling like I'm coming out of a dark hole---even though I still can't see much with my right eye! I feel so relieved about my MO appt. yesterday and excited about getting nipples in three weeks.

Cherrie, we will be floating down the Skagit River with PacificNW Float Trips. The eagles hang out there in winter. We used a Groupon. I'm sure not looking forward to being cold....

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

Currently sitting in a cheapo motel in Lethbridge, en route to Great Falls tomorrow to do battle with the SSA. I'm planning on starting out with a smile on my face, and sweet words coming out of my mouth. If that doesn't bring results.....EAGLE EYES!!!!!!!

TV in room isn't carrying the Calgary hockey game......hubby....not amused! Oh boy....hope it's not a sign!

• Cherrie
    edited January 2014

Nihahi- YOU CAN DO IT!!

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

BULLETIN FROM GREAT FALLS MONTANA......

I am alive, I am married.....AND THE SOCIAL SECURITY NOW OWES ME MONEY!!!!!!!

How funny is that! Got here today, waited about 45 minutes until it was my turn at the "wicket"......sat down and started pleasantly explaining things....the gal behind the window just kept dropping her jaw farther and farther open....!!!! I lay out the letter from the IRS, the letter from SSA, my marriage certificate, my birth certificate, my passport, my previous tax returns......I'm running out of counter space...!!!!!!

She fires up her computer....asks me the "identifying/verifying" questions....blinks at her screen for a minute....blinks at me for a few more minutes.....goes and gets her supervisor....! Now, their computer says I DID REGISTER A NAME CHANGE WITH THEM YEARS AGO!!! So they both stare at the computer screen, stare at the letter from them that says no, I'm still under my maiden name....back to the computer screen...call up another person to come chat.....jaws keep dropping open.....I'm actually still rather calm, (no eagle eyes yet) since it is becoming quite clear to them that I am alive, I did marry, I have been corresponding with the various govt. agencies for years in my married name, I have lots and lots of proof.....I'M NOT THE ONE WHO SCREWED UP HERE!!!!! 

Long story short....I have reams of letters to send on to the IRS with all kinds of official stamps, signatures and whatnot......so I'm happy and ready to leave. Then, she says....have you decided when you want to start collecting your SS??? No, I replied, I didn't work for 10 years in the states, so I'm not eligible. She then says....no, there is an agreement with Canada that factors the years you worked in Canada into the equation......so you are eligible for a bit of Social Security payments.....and since you are married....your husband gets some $$ too!!!!!!!!

It's not much money, but after this ridiculous circus I've had to sort through...I decided...what the heck....so hubby and I are going to make it our "play money" fund....I'll be laughing at the IRS for the rest of my life!

G'night from Great Falls....time for a glass of "celebration bevvie".

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Nihahi...I am following you around on the threads......

Glad to hear that all 's well that ends well re: SS.......I will withhold judgement on that lamebrain agency the IRS, and celebrate when it is done, done, and done......Good on you....now you have play $.......Sunriver????Nerdy