Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited January 2014

Yay Nihahi!  I am having a beverage and watching the Australian Open. Have a safe trip home.

Movie- hope you are feeling better! 

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited January 2014

Congrats, Nihahi! Like Movie, I will really be happy when the IRS gets on board. Glad you get some money out of it!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2014

Nihahi, I am so happy you were able to get a good resolution.  By the way, there are many of us in the states that laugh at the IRS, too.

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited January 2014

Nihahi - What a rigamorale (don't know how to spell that word but it seems appropriate). But congratulations on the happy outcome! And super- duper-congratulations for staying calm cool and collected at the wicket. I love that you and hubster have a bit of IRS money to play with. 

Janet

• Cherrie
    edited January 2014

I am giving my hubby a surprise 60th tonight with 26 people coming over. He did so much for me in the last year, it is the least I could do. His birthday isn't until the end off the month, but we leave for Florida on Monday. We are gone for 2 1/2 months. He has no clue what is going on. 

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited January 2014

Zen-I guess laughing at them is better than the alternative, right?Bawling

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Go Cherrie!  Love it!Nerdy

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited January 2014

Nihahi, way to to! And to get some money out of it is the best - hopefully they will now keep your file straight and up to date. 

Cherrie, what a wonderful gesture for DH! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! 

Movie, you are better, aren't you? 

A wonderful weekend to all you ladies!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

Just popping in to say "hi and hugs".....We've had a fun day exploring the trails here. Visited the Lewis and Clark interpretive centre, then walked about 10k on the various pathways. Heading home tomorrow.....Hope you have been having good days.

hmmm.....sbe....didn't see recent "musings" from you....hope all is well and the fires in SoCal are staying well away from you and yours? 

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited January 2014

Hi, Nihahi and everyone.  We've had a busy time around here--my DIL's best friend from Michigan came for a week's visit and brought her baby, Alexander, with her. Aubrey and Alex are two months apart in age, and it's been so cute watching them interact.  We've just about settled on the marriage contract and dowry--a couple of cows and a surfboard.  

The fires are a long way from here, so it's not smokey and smelly like it gets when they're closer.  

Movie, you feeling better?  And Cherrie...happy surprise birthday party!  I hope it comes off without a hitch!

Jerry and I drove to UC San Diego this morning (about 2 1/2 hours away, in light traffic) for me to enroll in the metformin study.  Today they just drew some blood and had me sign some paperwork.  I'll go back in a couple of weeks and get started.  I SO hope I'm randomized into the study drug.

Nihahi, have a wonderful time being alive here in the States!  

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Sbe, I invoked your name (Constipationator) on the DIEP 2014 thread......by the way, I hope you get randomized into the study med, too!   Love your marriage contract!  Beats the heck out of the 200 cows a Masai warrior offered for my youngest daughter, after seeing a photo of her.....Loopy!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for the twins.......they are pretty stoked about the new year ahead....(now if I can throw off the remnants of this lousy cough.......)

Nihahi....glad you have good use of your time......I forget you are from the frozen north, and Great Falls weather if probably like the banana belt to you.......Nerdy

Liefie, I am getting better, and excited about our meet-up in Seattle!   

Love to all...XO

• liefie
    edited January 2014

Movie, really looking forward!

Sbel, that dowry sounds perfect to me! It is not so far-fetched either . . . my DS just married the daughter of good friends of ours. Her mom and I were pregnant together with the two of them, and she was born almost 3 months after him. They started kindergarten together, started elementary school together etc. We've got many photos of the two of them together as children. On their wedding program that was given out at the church, it said, 'We never met each other. We've just always known each other . . .' So it can happen.

Nihahi, safe travels today now that you are alive and reunited with your DH again!

Cherrie, how was the party? And DH's reaction?

• Cherrie
    edited January 2014

My DH was surprised and the party went great. Everyone came and it was great fun. He turns 60 at the end of the month when we are in Florida, so there will be another celebration. We leave for FL early in the morning. I will keep you updated when I can. I took off my compression for my colonoscopy last Monday, and never put it back on. I did 4.5 months of 24/7. I know of no one else that has to wear it for so long. Feeling slightly guilty, like a naughty little girl, but I am thrilled to be free.

Movie- hope you are feeling much better.

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

Home from Great Falls....good drive and good to be home. Just over 5 hours, so we made great time, and Den's back and shoulder seemed to have handled it pretty  well, which is a huge leap forward. Went for groceries and a 4k walk once we got home. Have good nights everyone!

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Glad you made it home safely, Nihahi, and that Den's "issues" are no worse for the wear.......the photo reminded me of you, me, and Ade........ Hmmmmmm.......   Nerdy

XO

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

hahaha...you're still on drugs, aren't you movie!!! Hope you're feeling better???

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Drugs!?!?! Who, ME??   Noooooooooo!  Just being silly.......Loopy

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

I think we looked MUCH BETTER!

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

HAHAHAHAHA .......you're right!  We DID!   Happy

• sbelizabeth
    edited January 2014

Happy Martin Luther King Day, for those who have the day off, which I do, and intend to celebrate with a pedicure.  

Nihahi, your photo is great.  The people look very holey.  At least the wind won't blow them over.

Bailey, how is your dad coming along, and how is your mom coping?  

Happy...uh...Monday, everyone!

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited January 2014
    Well, doing well, drive by posting as I am at work (no happy toes for me!)....Dad has a quick surgery in the morning to add a screw to the hardware store on the left side.  Then we wait.....I keep thinking "Patience, Grasshopper".
  • Cherrie
    edited January 2014

I am in Birmingham, AL which is such a historical place for Martin Luther King's life. He was jailed here and marched through these streets during the civil rights in the 60's. we are resting and leaving tomorrow for Apalachicola, FL where I am visiting my college roommate for a couple of days. It finally seems like I am retired. I spent my first whole year of retirement removing from 4 surgeries. Love you all bunches.

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

Enjoy "retirement" cherrie....certainly an appropriate day to be in Birmingham! Hope everyone in the States has had a good long weekend, with some appreciation of the life of MLK.

Bailey...hope things settle for Dad.

• liefie
    edited January 2014

Just wanna say hi. Yes, MLK was a great man indeed. One has to wonder how his life would have turned out had it not been cut short. Such waste of such potential . . . we are our own worst enemies.

Cherrie, no more surgeries for you. You've had enough, and deserve to be retired. Enjoy!

Bailey, hope your dad will be able to lift that leg with all the hardware that's been put in, eh? A man of courage, truly.

Not much to report other than that I'm coming to Calgary sometime in February. Nihahi, we'll have to meet for coffee, lunch or something. My new DIL invited me for a visit, so will be there for a few days. She's already planning what we will be doing together - sweet girl.

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited January 2014

Hi ladies!  Jeannie, happy to hear your MO appointment went well.  Bailey, hope your dad's surgery fixed him up.  Cherrie, FL is much better than MI or IN right now.  You enjoy that retirement!  Nihahi, that eagle picture is so cool.  Movie, sure hope you are feeling better.  Any word from Sweet?

Our trip down was a bit tense the first day since it decided to snow until we were in mid-Kentucky.  I work while we travel.  It was cold and I decided we should try plugging in a little ceramic heater.  BAD IDEA!  It blew a fuse and my inverter no longer worked.  A motor home is one adventure after another.  We arrived safely in Florida on Sunday afternoon to much better weather.

Any more information on our rendezvous in September?  Love you all.  ...Julie

• sbelizabeth
    edited January 2014

Good morning, gloobsters!  I think I have the day correct...it's Wednesday, HUMP DAY! 

This afternoon is the 2nd session of "Pink Pilates," the free course offered by a very chi-chi pilates studio.  Last week's was pretty mild, but I did learn how to safely and comfortably lower my carcass to the ground, and haul it up again.  There was a lot of creaking and popping in the room last week but we are a determined bunch.

WE GET THE BABY TONIGHT!  We bribed the parents with sandwiches, and then they're off to their Bible study while we watch Aubrey.  Isn't she getting big?

Love to everyone!

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited January 2014

sbelizabeth - Aubrey is our little mascot. It's been so fun to watch her blossom. Wilbur is my other favourite mascot, even if he is a bit cheeky with his one night stands. 

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited January 2014

Oh my gosh, that cute little face and pouty lips! 

Julie, traveling in a motor home sounds like so much fun. Sorry to here about your inverter problem though. What kind of work do you do?

We got 12 inches of snow. It's beautiful but Florida is sounding really good right now. The wind chill is supposed to be -14! Haven't braved going outside yet.

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited January 2014

She is beautiful, sbe. It seems just a few days ago that we were anxiously waiting for the news of her arrival... Agree with Janet, Aubery is our little mascot. bailey, hope your dad is doing well. So glad you are alive and still married, our fearless leader with eagle eyes. cherrie, is there a topless beach in FL that you can show off your new gloobs now that they are perfected? Jeannie, hope your dh's job hunting is successful. Same question as Julie, any more information on our rendezvous in September movie and bailey?

Happy hump day!

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

Alive, married, watching it snow, and counting down the sleeps until we leave for 10 days in AZ.

I broke down yesterday and bought some "real" bras for the first time in years. So, so, SOOOO tired of the stretchy, one size fits all things I've been wearing, which actually aren't very comfortable since Stage 2. Not thrilled with what I bought, but, it's a step in the right direction, they were on sale, and hopefully will "work" during the nipple recon, whenever that will be.

sbe....thank you sooooo much for sharing Aubrey with us. She is beyond beautiful, cuddly, sweet, precious, exciting to watch as she grows...ADORABLE!!!! You have no idea how I enjoy "seeing" her...well, actually, you do.....so just again want to say "thank you" {{{X}}}.