Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited January 2014

wow!  Aubrey as really changed!  She's even MORE adorable...if that's possible.....Sbe, you're a lucky Grandma!

As far as get-together goes....if I get time, (trying to get some stuff done.....going up to Seattle to meet up with Liefie,( and HOPEFULLY Jeannie, too) I will look into home rentals in Sunriver......some of those places sleep up to 15-16.  But I think we are not real clear on a date (as per Bailey)But September is a beautiful time of year in the Cascade Mountains.....unless somebody comes up with something better :)

Glad you made it back to Okotoks alive, Nihahi......

XO

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Okay...I'm back....I actually did a quick view, and I think(depending on how many can make it,) that per night per person could be $50-75....but it really depends on who is in!  These homes have 5-6 bedrooms (between 500-600 per night), some have some bikes, they have internet, and hot tubs.  If fewer than 12 are in, we could rent a little smaller place.....and the nightly would drop some, as well.I would encourage you to google Sunriver, Oregon, and look up info on it.  A ton of stuff to do, and as I mentioned, I will spring for an extra car/van rental should we need it....as I would not have travel expense....

XO

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited January 2014

One question, are we having a girls only gathering, or dh included? Either way is fine with me, but just need to know.

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

I am thinking "Ladies Only"?????

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited January 2014

If we're going to wander about in the nude, my suggestion would be girls only. 

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited January 2014

I like Sunriver OR. Maybe the next step is to take a head count so we can decide whether to get a 8/12/16+ place. I am in, for September. Bailey is quiet, I hope her dad is do well...

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

I'm with you, Sbe.....I imagine there might be a wee bit of "Show and Tell".......Nerdy

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited January 2014

Blue, I'm in IT.  I work for an automotive supplier.  I support the data exchanged between our NA automotive divisions and customers like Chrysler, Ford, Mercedes, etc.  I have been very blessed to be able to work remotely for almost 15 years.

Sbe, Aubrey is cuter in every picture you post.  Those blue eyes!

I'm in for a September get together!  ...Julie

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited January 2014

Deb... flaps can definitely be repositioned. And areas can be lipo'd as well.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

If I can make it (still don't know ladies, and won't know for quite awhile).....I was always thinking of it as a girls only. Not meaning to exclude the guys, but it would have a different dynamic, I think, if we were there as "couples". But, those who can definitely commit, should have the "bigger say".

Meant to add....hooray, movie....you sound like you're feeling better?????

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

Oh dear deb....no...I didn't mean men being HERE with us......I was referring to the thoughts of having a get together that is being discussed on this thread. Though, men do come to the bco site....if that is a concern of yours.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited January 2014

Nice photo, Nihahi! It makes me happy.

I have joined a LiveStrong exercise group at the Y. It starts Feb. 17th, only ten days after I get nipples but the PS gave the ok. He just said don't do anything to jostle them. Jostle is a funny word. English is so strange sometimes...

Latest eye news: part of my vision is permanently damaged, still waiting for part of the optic nerve swelling to go down to determine how bad it is. It is my peripheral vision, which is more than just looking to the side, it's all around your central vision. My central vision is 20/25 but is surrounded by blurriness from the peripheral vision damage, mostly the bottom half of my eye. My brain is already adjusting to it, making it less annoying to me and this adjusting will continue. I will eventually try corrective lenses to sharpen up the vision in my other eye. I am more accepting of it, trying not to worry about the other eye too much. Another reason to avoid surgery--sudden drop in BP, which has happened to me, can bring on this mysterious eye event.  Don't feel sorry for me. I am mostly brave and like to think I am a conqueror. Bring it on. 

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Cherrie, glad the party was great! I'm so glad you are in Florida---you deserve it.

Deb, I really hope your appt. goes well. There have to be solutions for you, even if this doc turns out not to be the one. Hope he is, though.

Sbel, love your Audrey-girl!

Bluebird and the rest of you in the snow and mind-numbing cold, I hope you are warm enough---sending warm thoughts.

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited January 2014

Jeannie, good to hear you are adjusting to the eye issue, and hopefully the news will not be as bad once that swelling goes down. You've certainly had your fair share of difficulties, and your courage and resilience are simply amazing. I hear you and Movie are cooking up a plan for a meeting on Sunday? Would just love to hug you, brave warrior!

Sbel, that little girl is sooo adorable! Can't wait for my own little monkey, and I'm hoping it's a girl for purely selfish reasons. Only 6 more weeks to go!

Nihahi, so nice to see your face on here! In real life you're even more beautiful, really.

Movie, are you packing yet? I'm getting excited now - just have to do some more laundry, cook supper, pack, sleep. We're leaving home at nine tomorrow to drive to Victoria, then get to Seattle from there.

Debdylan, so sorry to hear about your issues. To go through this, and then be so disappointed must be so hard. All the best to you in finding a good PS to rectify what is wrong.

Cherrie, glad the party went so well. I am also hitting the 60's this year - rock and roll! 60 is the new 40 . . . .or so I hear?

Tammy, I also like Sunriver, but without men I think. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, or is it Out of sight out of mind? LOL.

Good days, everyone!

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

Small photos are wonderful....they blur the wrinkles... Just felt like doing some updating lately.

I am still fighting cabin fever......the sidewalks here are just "scary icy", so just came back from doing the elliptical in the gym. I pretended I was climbing a ski trail, to stay sane.....

liefie....the 60's are great!!! Sometimes senior's discounts kick in.......and if you decide to let loose and have fun, people just chalk it up to being a crazy old lady! Nerdy

jeannie.....you sound strong, girl! TOWANDA!  It is amazing how the eyes and the brain can "meld things" together. Otherwise, we'd all be walking around with blurred vision and headaches. Some of the founders of vision therapy are right there in Seattle. I was there for a weekend workshop years ago. Wish I was connecting with you guys in Seattle, but I confess.....my biggest wish would be to see the eagles with jeannie!!!

adding:....sbe....how was round two of the Pilates class??? 

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Nihahi, I'm so relieved there will be no rain this Sat. for eagle viewing. Such a dry winter here.

Liefie, I would love a hug! I hope you have a great weekend in Sea-Town!

• liefie
    edited January 2014

Jeannie, I understand the weather is going to be great in Seattle this weekend - up to eleven degrees C, and sunshine! Great for eagle viewing too. Can we be so lucky? Here where I live the sun just finally burned off the thick fog that we've had for days now. It is after three in the afternoon, and so beautiful outside with the fog drifting away over the lake, and the blue sky and sunshine in the background! It is light and bright and my mood just became much better - sunshine has that effect on me. See you Sunday - hopefully!

Nihahi, I'm planning to celebrate every birthday whether it's 60 or 70 - bring it on! Wrinkles or no wrinkles, we are alive. That's the most important. Senior discounts will also come in handy - lol.

• liefie
    edited January 2014

Just had a call from DH announcing that he is going to a lecture tonight where they will be fed, so I don't have to cook - YAY!

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited January 2014

Thanks Jeannie. Spent four hours shoveling our drive yesterday.  The downside to having a 120 foot long x 20 wide driveway. But it was wonderful to be out working hard!  Just weeks ago I couldn't imagine being able to do this. Surprisingly I'm not even sore today. 

I'll try to remember this good feeling of physical labor and feeling normal. Tomorrow I'm having more surgery and my port out. (Hooray!)  It's an early night for me since I have to be in the hospital by 6 am tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

bluebird...being physically able to do "normal" things is such a huge step. Positive vibes heading your way for a gentle, easy peasy deportation!!

jeannie....can I be tucked into your pocket for the eagle trip....please oh please....I'll behave....(well) I'LL REALLY TRY TO BEHAVE!!!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

yes, N, you will fit in my pocket no problem! I wish I had a good camera but, alas, no. Disposable will have to do.

Liefie, we have been having fog every morning for as long as I can remember. Sometimes it clears up, sometimes not. I hope sunny skies for your travels!

Bluebird, I remembering shoveling my parents' 10' x 40' driveway one Easter in the Sierra Nevada Mts. while waiting for my mom to come home from her bc mx. It was a steep driveway. At the bottom, I turned around and looked at what I had shoveled, only to see it covered in snow again. I concentrated on the snow plow berm instead. It's a lot of work! Good for you!! 

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Liefie....I haven't done a darn thing.......Loopy  Been in the "spare bedroom aka the JUNK room ALL day......that room has been a disaster since before Stage 1, which was my convenient excuse for doing nothing to clean it out.....well.....fast forward to 2014, and.......well, better late than never!   I am going to clean it out, tear out the carpet, and re-floor (don't know if it'll be carpet, or wood, yet) paint, and install a brand new office/craft room.....just for ME!   At least there is a path from the door to the middle of the room.....will have to work out from there......I should finish by 2015.........

Jeannie.....SO sorry to hear that vision loss is permanent......it seems like if it's not one thing for us, it is something else......hope the corrective glasses can help some.....the weather is cooperating for your eagle-spotting trip on Saturday......hope you can work it out so you and Tom can slip down to the city Sunday AM for a Starbucks get-together......then I can hug you in person! XO

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

jeannie.....there are lots of times when I'm out somewhere "magical", and I chose to stop trying to view it through a camera lens, but instead I put the camera down and take what I call "mental pictures"....they are the ones I can carry in my heart 24/7. If you do meet up with movie and liefie....some of those hugs are from me!!!!

sbe.....I'm still waiting for the pilates synopsis!!!!

movie....you're sounding more like your normal insanely busy self. Good to hear.

snowshoe jaunt planned for tomorrow....one more snowy mountain fix before we head south to the sun and desert cacti!!!

• liefie
    edited January 2014

Movie, I'm sitting here with the cat on my lap in front of the TV watching The Taste, and listening to Nigella's beautiful English. Better get my backside in gear, get out a suitcase and get on with it. Not much to pack - only two days, right? Shouldn't take long. That office/craft room sounds like a great idea!

Bluebird, that's a lot to shovel! Good for you!

Enjoy the mountain tomorrow, Nihahi! I would like to try snowshoeing one day.

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Movie and Liefie, of course I can get to Seattle Sunday morning for coffee and hugs! DH will come but he can stand in the corner if we want.  Just let me know when. And where!

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

for those of you who would like to snowshoe....I just happen to know where that could happen, ya know!!!! Maybe one year we could rendezvous up here....for some playtime. 

sbe, and others who are "altitude challenged".....I know of a place that transports you up the mountain, then you can wander around the mountain top surrounded by endless alpine meadows of wildflowers! Just for the fun of it....google "Sunshine Meadows"......then come for a visit!!!!!

Of course, we could snowshoe there too, but that much powder might be a wee bit too challenging for some.

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Nihahi, sounds glorious.

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Mt. Rainier has beautiful wildflowers, too, and that magnificent mt. Is in your face.

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Nihahi...if you see our "mutual friend".....please give her a HUG from me!

Jeannie...Tom can join us....Dave and Johan will be there, as well!

Blue...you make me look positively lazy.......Loopy

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

movie.....of course she will be there! Can you really see me going to the mountains without Ade???? greetings and hugs will be passed along on your behalf. 

Later, ladies......sleep well.