Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited January 2014

I'm with you, Jeannie.  Mine's October 20, and I don't celebrate the date.  I love how you phrase it--"embrace the old and new me and how far I've come."  Yes. 

Bailey, you inspire me.  Time for a new avatar.  In my old one here, I'm bald as an egg under my helmet!

Nihahi, we're wishing you warmth, relaxation, and peaceful days during your Arizona sojourn.  We'll miss you here!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited January 2014

New avatar. This was taken on 12/28/2013.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited January 2014

Nice, Tammy! You have a kind smile.

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Sbel, thanks! Love your photo, too.

• Morningsun1
    edited January 2014

Thanks, jeannie, you have a contagious one. Makes me wanting to smile every time I see your posting. sbe, I was diagnosed on Oct 19, but my new girls' one year birthday is tomorrow, January 28.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited January 2014

HappyI absolutely LOVE all of your faces, every one of you. Truly beautiful friends in every way.

• Morningsun1
    edited January 2014

You are so right, bailey, I too LOVE all of your faces. Now we need to make the rendezvous happen, so we can do our "show and tell" of our ps' creations.

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited January 2014

Gosh, it seems I arrive at the party an hour late EVERY time!   I will just add that I LOVE ALL your new avatars......but mine will have to wait until I can return to Iceberg Lake in Glacier (temp about 34*F ) and go for another swim.......my photo represents me in my Zen place......and I am loath to change it.....you will all have to go to the rendezvous to see what I REALLY look like......   :)

Happy Monday all......and STAY WARM!

XO

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited January 2014

Morning girls.

Just want to say in real life Jeannie's smile is even more contagious - she lights up the room! Thanks again for coming with us yesterday morning. What a joy to finally connect with people as warm, kind and pleasant as you and your DH. It was truly special to visit with you and Movie! There were two show-and-tell trips to the bathroom which the men at the table found really strange, to say the least - LOL. Have to say Movie's new nipples have just blown me away. Her PS must be an artist, because they look absolutely like real nipples, and I'm NOT exaggerating. I've seen other recon nipples, and hers are by far the best. If mine does not look like that I will always be envious. Jeannie has acquired remarkable symmetry, and those girls look very good, and very authentic too. It just helped me to realize once again how much we owe to these dedicated doctors who give us back so much of what we had lost. Eternally grateful here, and I salute them.

Nihahi, sounds like you're having a good time. Enjoy the warm climate!

Have to agree that it is lovey to see all your faces on here, and I fully concur with organizing that meet-up. The reason for all of us 'knowing' each other here may be such a negative one, but for me it is such a blessing to be meeting such wonderful people from all over. I just love it. It has brought such joy into my life, and I would never have thought that such pleasure could come from having bc. Thank you all sincerely!

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

Holy cow - y'all must have taken over the ladies room.  I hope no one was freaked out by the titty show.  Sounds like fun!

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Actually Marty, we were in the biggest stall......there was someone in one of the other stalls for a few minutes.....I am sure we freaked her out.........Nerdy

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

In the interest of being authentic here, I have to say I am not always smiling. I had a truly wonderful time with Liefie and Movie yesterday. Today's 2yr. dx anniversary hit me harder than expected and I'm not so smiley. Still embracing, like I wrote before, but definitely not so smiley. As I think Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow's another day!"

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2014

It is so lovely to see all of your smiling faces.  Hugs, Jeannie.  Don't let that eventful day define you.  You have come such a long way in two years, and what an inspiration you are to all of us!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

Hey gals,

Just doing a fly by posting. Jeannie.....I like your authenticity....we all have "those days"....but like zenful says....we chose whether or not to let "those days" define us.

Having a great time here in the warm climes of AZ. Transporting ourselves to a completely different weather/geography/routine is a great way to reinforce the reality that I CAN blend in with the "normals", and not be flap conscious 24/7. Helps with the healing, in many ways. Of course, I don't have movie pulling me into the bathroom stalls for show and tell Shocked, either!!!!

So far we have made good use of the pools (I've been able to swim a few laps at a time...time to get back to working on the shoulder), the walking paths, the bike paths, and the clubhouse cabana boy! We are planning on a long bike ride today, and a try at the driving range, maybe a round or two of golf while we're here, if all goes well. Also heading up to Sedona to do some exploring....but I'm thinking I am more a fan of their "spiritual" vortexes, than the polar one some of you are playing with at the moment! 

jeannie...I think you asked where we are staying.....Orange Tree Golf Resort in Scottsdale, AZ.

Stay warm, stay safe, stay busy, stay happy ladies.....hugs to you all. 

ps.....LOVE THE CHANCE TO "MEET" EVERYONE  VIA THE NEW AVATARS!!!!!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2014

Nihahi, it makes me laugh to think of someone coming into the bathroom to see three sets of feet in the stall.  And the things they must have overheard!  Oh, my!  It's wonderful to be so liberated about it, but as we have said many times, no one else really gets it.  I just would have loved to see the expression on someone's face that entered the bathroom on that fateful day...

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

Nihahi - take the Vortex Tour in Sedona.  It is a hoot!  Our guide brought his 30" drum, playing and chanting for us with sage smudge.  The Pink Jeep tours are lots of fun, too!

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

Marty...we've heard of the Pink Jeep tours from the concierge here. Gotta admit.....hearing the word "pink" anything made my jaws clench....but, we'll look into it. We did a 60km bike ride today....heading to the hot tub soon...hugs to everyone....!!!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Wow, Nihahi, you guys are in great shape!

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

naw, jeannie.....we "circumnavigated" the hilly parts, so it was a long ride, but not that challenging. Of course what they call mountains inside the city.....not so much on our radar....big hills....mountains...nope. I am very sure we wouldn't have done 60k riding around your area! 

Loving all the updates in the avatars.....hoping we can truly accomplish more get togethers as time goes on. 

hugs to all....today....SEDONA!

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited January 2014

I really love seeing all your smiling faces. I love thinking of you all huddled in a stall comparing notes. And I wish I was there - everyone is so lovely. 

I'm almost ready to change my avatar, but I really like my egg. It doesn't have any wrinkles, and the bangs are almost perfect. 

• Morningsun1
    edited January 2014

You do have a perfect wrinkle free egg, Janet Winking

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited January 2014

Janet, I really like your egg too!  Of course seeing your face would be nice, but you know I'm partial to chickens and eggs. lol! 

I love Sedona Arizona!  I'm a crazy mystical woo-woo kind of gal though. Loopy

• Moviemaniac
    edited January 2014

Blue-just noticed your new picture...with your cute doggie!  Love it!

Janet, I love your egg, too........but it WOULD be nice to put a face with a name!Nerdy

More get-togethers....(in bathroom stallsLoopy) are a MUST!!!!!

XO

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited January 2014

I agree with everyone regarding the bathroom meet up.  Would have loved to hear what anyone had to say that witnessed three people in a stall!  Yes, let's get plans rolling for the fall meet up.

I love the pictures and new avatars.  

The weather here in Florida has been mostly beautiful.  That nasty polar vortex has shoved lots of cold and snow down this way, but we are at 43 F and rain all day.  I'm not complaining.  It has been much colder back in Indiana.

Jeannie, hope tomorrow is a better day.  Those anniversaries have a way of bringing it all back.  It is good to hear that your eyesight is improving, even if it is your brain compensating.  Unbelievable what magnificent creations we all are.

Take care everyone!  ...Julie

• liefie
    edited January 2014

Had an ultrasound of DIEP breast yesterday, and got the all clear - a relief every time. The tech was intrigued by the whole thing, and showed me how the tissue in the new breast is totally different from breast tissue. I think it was the first time that she's seen this type of recon. 

Jbloom, agree with the meet-up. We just have to make sure the place has enough bathrooms - lol.

Bluebird, crazy, mystical, woo-woo, whatever - everyone is welcome. Makes life interesting!

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited January 2014

Okay I've changed my avatar. And it only took about six hours! Now can I come to the bathroom?

• Jeannie57
    edited January 2014

Yay, Janet! So good to "see" you! You look better than your beautiful egg. Julie, good to hear from you. Hope your weather improves. Ladies, I don't think we'll be running to bathroom stalls when we all meet up. We'll just lift our shirts! In our rental, of course....

Good news, Liefie. My cancer center doesn't do imaging unless there are skin symptoms or other suspicious complaints. I'm not really sure how I feel about that.  My body is really rebelling from all the stress I'm going through. I think my immune system is out of whack. sigh. This too shall pass. I am so tired of doctor appointments! Hoping my Gyno checkup goes well tomorrow and my one remaining ovary is behaving.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited January 2014

Janet, love the sassy look, there!  Much better than the egg!

• liefie
    edited January 2014

In your pocket tomorrow, Jeannie! I'm also having a check-up with my OB/GYN tomorrow. This morning I was in the shower getting ready to leave for this appointment when I realized that today was Wednesday, and not Thursday. . . Just happy I had not driven to our neighbour city an hour and a half away before I clued in!

Janet, good to 'see' you.You have way more hair than the egg.

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

janet...love your pic! It'll be much easier now to have eggs for breakfast Nerdy.

Could someone explain why I am the ONLY ONE with grey hair ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked!

OK....this "flash mob" mentality is starting to creep me out! I'll be the bathroom stall lookout, maybe. 

Hubby and I did about a 9k walk in the red rocks. Sedona itself, seemed almost tacky to us.....too concentrated a "tourist trap" type of scenario. The rocks are beautiful, of course, but we preferred the solitude of the trails. Tomorrow, hubby has decreed a rest and relax day..Snoozezzzzz BORING!!!! but, it is his holiday too. Maybe I can trick him into some walks, or get him on the bike without him realizing it????