Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited February 2014

Oh I soooo want to come to the Wilbur convention. Over the weekend I woke up and decided I was going. Then realized I'll be back to work by September. I work at a university and September is my busiest month. They would not be too happy with me. Bawling 

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited February 2014

Awww, Bluebird! I just got so excited, and then read further . . . Maybe just tell them it's something that's been organized long ago, and you've committed. Not that much of a lie, is it? It is for a good cause, after all? Milk the bc card a little. What do you think? Can you find a stand-in person for those 2/3 days?

Nihahi, sorry to hear about your new woes with the Government. Hope they do not kill you off again - LOL. We need you alive for the meet-up . . .

Jeannie, the back will probably take a few more days. Everything just becomes slower as we get older, unfortunately. It is snowing buckets here anyway, so I'll just walk slowly on the treadclimber to get in some movement at least.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited February 2014

Those shoes are PRICELESS!!!! 

Blue....it would be great to have you join the gang in Mt Hood. I do "get" the work commitment though too. I'm betting there will be more gatherings, and I suggest we vary the time of year and part of the country(s) to make it more possible for more people to join in. That being said, I doubt if I'll ever convince any of you to come to my neck of the woods in the winter...I can always hope though Nerdy!

bailey....still thinking of you and mom and dad....everything crossed for good news and renewed courage.

liefie....what????? what is going on with your back???? I must have missed something! Take care, girl, grandma time is fast approaching!

Talked to the SSA people this morning. Apparently, much of the recent correspondence from them was of the "form letter" variety, and doesn't apply to me, but I did get a few other things clarified with them. Still waiting to hear from the IRS re: live vs. dead. I'm not sweating it at this point.

• liefie
    edited February 2014

Nihahi, I slept on a blow-up air mattress for 5 nights  on a cold tiled floor in Calgary, and now I'm dearly paying for it. That's all it can be - did nothing else. Kids wanted me to sleep in their bed, which I refused. Just woke up on Thursday morning with this unpleasant lower back pain, which became worse over the weekend. Getting better now - slowly. Cancelled my strength training class for tomorrow, and will see about the one on Thursday. I'm more angry than anything else because I cannot do much. On the bright side, it has been snowing steadily here for days now, so it is the right week to be staying home - lol.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited February 2014

Oh, shoot, Liefie! You're so strong, you'll probably bounce back fast, though.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited February 2014

A drive-by here too...it's going to be a busy day (week, month...)

Bluebird, funny thing, I already have those shoes, only in black.  Hahaha....

Tonight is....(Nihahi, close your eyes, read no further!)  Snake Date Night!  Since I saw more of them on trail rides in 2013, Jerry has to book the massages, make dinner plans, and pay for everything.  And I'm already one ahead for 2014, so it's looking good for this year too. 

Bailey, still holding your parents up in prayer.  Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited February 2014

So the second stage of Dad's surgery was today and it went really, really well. They were able to attach the fittings to the titanium rods they put in his femurs back in January. The fracture in the left leg is healing. He won't be able to do any weight bearing on the left leg for several more months. But he will start on the right leg by the end of the week. They will teach him what he needs to do for the left leg when he gets home. They are in a better part of the hospital this time and they have WiFi available there and the food is better.

Lots of hard work ahead but all is well.

Thanks for holding my hands in prayer, friends. It's a very good day. Happy

• liefie
    edited February 2014

YAY Bailey! So good to hear surgery went well for your courageous dad, and that things are better in general. Yes, it will be a long road to complete healing, but he will do it, I'm sure.

• sbelizabeth
    edited February 2014

Yay, Bailey!  Yay, Bailey's mom and dad!

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Whoop, Bailey! God is good.

I have to see PCP today for a problem I'm having and was just told I need LABS! Yuk. I have never had them done there so I hope somebody has experience with foot pokes. I also hope my problem isn't serious....

• liefie
    edited February 2014

(((((((((((Jeannie)))))))))))

• sbelizabeth
    edited February 2014

Jeannie, I wish I could come poke your foot for you.  I'm pretty good =).  

It's time you got a break, so you'll get the world's best sticker, I'm sure!

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

bailey.....that is wonderful, wonderful news. Thanks for sharing. 

jeannie....huggles....hop the "pokes" are good ones. 

sbe....you are definitely going to be MY nurse!!!!!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited February 2014

bailey, so happy to hear the good news. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. 

Jeannie,  sending prayers your way that all is just fine. ((((Hugs))))

• liefie
    edited February 2014

Baby alert: DD has been admitted to hospital, is being induced as we speak, and by end of day I will probably be a grandma - surreal!

• sbelizabeth
    edited February 2014

Liefie...YAY!  YAY!  YAY!  YAY!  A whole new blossoming of life is awaiting you! 

• liefie
    edited February 2014

Sbe, I'm betting it's a girl. I have a 'girl feeling'. Lol.

• sbelizabeth
    edited February 2014

Liefie, I tend to trust those feelings!  (At worst, they're right half the time!)

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited February 2014

Liefie, hope you are a Grandma soon.  In Indiana we are Mamaws.  Bailey, so happy to hear your good news.  Will still be praying for all of you.  Blue, those shoes are something else!  I would break my neck.  Jeannie, hoping all is well.  Love you all.  ...Julie

• liefie
    edited February 2014

IT'S A GIRL! My instinct was right . . . 6 lbs 9 oz. Mom and baby both well. So very grateful!

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

THAT'S WONDERFUL NEWS, LIEFIE!!!!!!! So happy for you, Grandpa and the whole family. Any name yet?????

• liefie
    edited February 2014

Just heard that her name will be Emily-Anne. Mom, dad and baby are together in a room by themselves now, she's lying on her mom's chest, and we heard her making her darling little sounds on the phone - too adorable!. Still can't believe it. What a gift!

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

Love the name......when are you coming to Calgary?

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Congrats, Liefie. So happy for you---a new little blessing.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited February 2014

Congratulations Liefie!!! Emily Anne is such a cute name!

• liefie
    edited February 2014

Thanks a lot, everyone. What a day this has been!

Nihahi, won't be coming to Calgary this time. All roads will lead to Edmonton in the near future - lol.

A good night to you all.

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited February 2014

Congratulations, liefie, welcome to the world, Emily-Anne!

Bailey great news about you dad. 

Good day everyone else.

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited February 2014

Liefie - I'm so happy for you and your family. Welcome to the world Emily-Anne!

Bailey - Such great news about your dad. Does he know that he has a posse  of women with fantastic racks who are rooting for him.

Jeannie - I'm cheering you on as you clear yet another hurdle. Go Jeannie Go!

• sbelizabeth
    edited February 2014

Welcome to the sunlight, Emily-Anne!  What an adorable name, and bet she's an adorable baby.  Aubrey was 6-10, so almost exactly the same size.  Oh, Liefie, you're going to love this part of life!

Bailey, giving thanks still for your parents and your dad's progress.  What a trooper.  We know where you got YOUR go-get-'em attitude!

Jeannie, how you doing?

• liefie
    edited February 2014

Thanks for the well wishes everybody! It is all highly appreciated. Mom and baby are on their way home. The new dad spent the night with them in the hospital in a sleeper chair, which I find so cool. The other grandparents have been to see little Em earlier today, and immediately set off on a pink shopping spree. They have boys only, so this is a first in their family. They brought great grandma Emily to meet her first great grandchild and namesake - so sweet.

This grandma had a haircut and a pedicure this morning, did some pink shopping herself, and is now ready to meet that precious little person. Sbe, yes, I know that I'm going to love this part of my life. What a great blessing!

Jeannie, we're here for you.