Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited February 2014

19th. I will do the flight that gets in PDX at 5:06PM. If it's not Mt Hood, I could try for another airport that's closer, would that work?

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited February 2014

dang!

• Morningsun1
    edited February 2014

I maybe able to get there earlier. Have to keep checking.

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited February 2014

Tammy - so wish I could come.  I'd even risk the duplicate with you.  But my September is committed to the US Air Force Academy.  They can't give us a date for the reunion until the football schedule comes out in March or April.

I am so glad you have got the "count".  Arrivals and departures will be the challenge.  We are trying to figure out a similar thing with my hs girlfriends.  Always a bit confused for a while.  Love the Reunion Weekend Countdown.  Gonna have to steal that cutie!  

Do wait to book those flights.  Some of the discount airlines aren't even taking reservations for September yet.  Give it some time and there may well be significant changes (hopefully not up).  

• Morningsun1
    edited February 2014

Wow marty, were you in the Air Force? So it is still possible that you can make it? If so, we will give you Wilbur's spot Bawling

Seriously, if you can make it when your USAFA dates are set, I would be glad to share my room with you, as long as you don't mind. Yes, I will keep checking the flights and try to get in as early as I can on 9/19.

Yay, cool countdown.

• MartyJ
    edited February 2014

Tammy - I am an AF brat and my husband is retired AF.  It is his reunion, but we never miss.  Thanks for the offer of the shared room.  I sincerely appreciate your kindness.  We'll have to see what happens!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited February 2014

Liefie, where are you? You're coming for sure, right?

I will take Wilbur's spot in the corner because I ....snore. I've mentioned it before.  Hate it, embarrassed by it, there it is. I think it's just tiny sinuses. DH has listened carefully and hasn't heard apnea but that is a possibility, I know. I just can't handle that prospect right now.

I went to my first LiveStrong today at the Y. It was fun getting to know these ladies who have had various kinds of cancer but I was hoping we'd at least move around a little today.  Next time. It's a fun bunch. Some have gone through the program before and know each other. They are very friendly. I was invited to yoga tomorrow. We get a three month guest pass and can take the program more than once---sounds great to me! Hubs can come, too. I didn't enjoy the pity stares when I shared my story and one lady told me the leaders know very little about LE. I'll just have to school 'em, I guess! I was the only one with compression sleeves but they were my fierce ones! Did I tell you my dear hubs gave me a stainless steel necklace that says F$CK CANCER without the $ on the inside? It's just how I deal sometimes.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited February 2014

Jeannie - I am always amazed that I am the only person I ever see with a sleeve at 5k's, etc....especially the bc ones.

I am looking at flights out of Detroit or Chicago, but may end up spending the extra to fly out of Grand Rapids so I don't have a long drive when I return. We'll see. I am planning on coming in to Portland on the 18th and leaving the 22nd.

Jeannie no worries about snoring. I 

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Thanks, Bailey. If you come in on the 18th, where will you stay? I'm sure Movie will pipe in eventually and have something to suggest. I think it's a good idea--more time together!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited February 2014

Hey, Marty, what year did your hubs graduate USAFA?  I grew up at the Air Force Academy (AF brat, too)--my brother graduated in '76, my son in '04.  Beautiful place.

• bailey6760
    edited February 2014
    I'll likely get into PDX late, Jeannie, so I am thinking I will get a room at a hotel near the airport that has a shuttle. 
  • nihahi
    edited February 2014

I am not going to have an easy time getting to sleep tonight, with all these thoughts of spending time with so many of you!!!! You'd think we'd all be pro's at "waiting" by now...but....nope.....I'm excited!

I had a quick chat with movie tonight. She'll be popping on again in a bit. Of course the loss of the little one has been sad for the whole family, but she and hubby are hanging in there. The rest of her life is just as busy as usual. She has felt all the hugs and prayers.

Waiting to sort out some more details with my sister, so still not completely sure if I'm flying into Portland or Seattle, hopping a ride with jeannie for one trip or two. Details, details, details....it'll all come together!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited February 2014

Sorry that I've been MIA for a few days. Been visiting with my kids in Alberta, and grandma-to-be was just too busy to read or post. 

Wow! Things have moved a lot since I've been here last, but good changes. Yes, I will be coming. That train trip between Seattle and Portland sounds amazing especially if the group from Seattle can all ride together - what fun that will be, but I will fall in with whatever is convenient. If the car from Seattle is full, I can always fly to Portland seeing that I'm not that far away. Mt Hood sounds good too. The most important thing is that we will be together! I'm already planning some meals - LOL. Will also pay a deposit upfront if necessary.

((((((((Movie and family))))))))

• MartyJ
    edited February 2014

SBE - he was class of '69.  Oh, did they have fun!  But then you were more than a brat - you served.  So much more.  Thank you!

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

sbe....just checking in to see what the result of the "pow wow" was last night....You're coming to Oregon....RIGHT???????

marty....maybe the dates will work out, and you can hop over from Colorado Springs to join us!!!!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited February 2014

HI All.....sorry I have been MIA......been rather tied up over here, but things are getting back to somewhat the normal routine now.  thank you for ALL of your condolences....they were very appreciated.  

Okay...on to the rendezvous plans....Nerdy

I have found a lovely, lovely home that is big enough that we will not be right on top of each other, but is self-sufficient enough we could stay inside all weekend (and if it rains....we may want to!).   I have 9 "YES's" right now:

LIEFIE                       CHERRIE               BAILEY
    JEANNIE                   ZENFUL                 JBLOOM
    NIHAHI                      TAMMY T                MOVIE

Hoping that Sbe can make it work..........(please please please)

And if Marty can swing it......YOU ARE WELCOME!

Total rental for 3 nights for 10 women is: $1546.42....including all hotel taxes.  (If more come the price goes up at bit....)

I will need to make a deposit ASAP  of $636.12....and I am going out on a limb and ASSUMING that Sbe WILL come, and we can divide the deposit 10 ways......I have to do this this week, as these homes fill up fast, and I don't want this one to not be available......

The amount I will need from each of you is:  $63.61 

I will pm each of you with my personal details, such as REAL name, and address to send the check to.

Here is the website address for this home:  The Salmon River Rendezvous

www.mthoodrentals.com/Unit/Details/56218

I. Am. So. Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!Happy

XO

• Morningsun1
    edited February 2014

Got it, movie, check is coming. Thanks! So excited.....

• liefie
    edited February 2014

Will mail my check tomorrow - hope they will take a Canadian check. Otherwise we will make other arrangements. The house sounds lovely, and it will be such a thrill to be there with everybody!

Thanks Movie!

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited February 2014

Movie, all I can say is, "WOW!"  What a gorgeous place for a retreat with my sistas!  I will put the check in the mail as soon as I find an envelope.  Didn't think to pack any. 

I've been MIA, too.  We've been really busy here in Florida visiting with friends and I'm still working down here so I haven't been keeping up with all of you here on BCO.  I really look forward to meeting all of you!  Jeannie, I'm so glad you PM'd me!  You all are in my thoughts and prayers.  See you in September!  Happy ...Julie

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited February 2014

Movie, check is in the mail.  No, really, I am sending a check!  This is so exciting that we get to meet.  Thanks for making the arrangements.

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

movie...I sent you a pm before reading your message here, so will go by what you posted here.

liefie.....I am going to send a money order, instead of a cheque, to make sure the exchange rate doesn't sort change movie.

• liefie
    edited February 2014

Nihahi, thanks so much for the tip. I will do the same then. How much is it in US dollars? Do you know?

Also checked out the Rendevouz house - absolutely spectacular, and that kitchen makes me wanna cook - lol. Going to be such a blast!

• Morningsun1
    edited February 2014

I will eat whatever you cook, liefie!

• nihahi
    edited February 2014

I'll eat and do the dishes!!!! I also follow instructions well, so can happily assist in the kitchen Nerdy.

liefie....just tell them at the bank you want a money order for $63.61 US, they'll figure out the exchange rate for the day, and tell you what to pay in Canadian. That way, we absorb the difference when we buy the money order, not movie, when she "cashes" it in.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited February 2014

I'm IN!  I'M IN!  I'M NUMBER TEN! 

Ok, that was weak sauce, sorry.  But I'm SO excited to be coming!  I will do whatever.  Shop, cook, eat, do the dishes, make the beds, dust the chandelier...

September can't come fast enough.  Thanks, everyone, who worked so hard to put all this together. 

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited February 2014

Wow! That is a beautiful retreat house!   I want to live there! Awesome job movie!  

Is anyone taking Evista? Just read a news article about it. It sounds promising.

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Sbel, great news! So excited!

• bailey6760
    edited February 2014

check will be in the mail today, Movie!!!!! SO FLIPPING EXCITED!!!!

• Morningsun1
    edited February 2014

Yeah, for #10. 

Hi Blue, I don't take Evista. Will try to read more about it. You can be our #11 at that great looking house Smile

• liefie
    edited February 2014

Nihahi, thanks for the money tip. Will be on it this morning.

I'm missing my yoga class right now because I'm watching the women's final free skate program at the Olympics. It comes only once every four years, so I've given myself permission. LOL. Love the skating!

So excited for September! I don't mean to take over the cooking completely, you girls. That would be very forward of me, and a little dangerous. Don't forget that I'm prone to cooking things like moose balls etc. . . lol.

Sbe, so HAPPY that you are coming! YAYYYY!!!!