Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited February 2014

Just stopping by before I go out to the garden again. Compost spreading day is tomorrow and I have to ready the beds. I am not spreading it, though. Anyway, I saw my PCP this week and you know how it is, every little thing with a cancer survivor or whatever we are needs to be checked out. I don't see the next doc until mid-March so I'm putting it out of my mind for now. My gut says it's not serious. Thanks for your concern. We shall see. I am actually more freaked out by the thought of a colonoscopy than anything else. I am due this year but any time I am sedated, my blood pressure could drop. Sudden blood pressure drop==could lose vision in good eye. My faith is getting good exercise, for sure!

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited February 2014

Jeannie, don't worry. It's the best sleep you'll ever have. I've had two so far and both times woke up refreshed!   Hmmm  makes me wonder exactly what happened while I was out. lol!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited February 2014

A little girl named Emily.  What could be sweeter?  How lovely for you, Liefie! 

Photos...we need photos...

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited February 2014

Sbe, I received two beautiful photos via e-mail, but do not have the faintest idea how to get them on here. If you pm me your e-mail address, can I send them to you so you can post them here?

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Blue, I've had two c.s, too. They don't scare me but going legally blind does. :(

• sbelizabeth
    edited February 2014

Of course, Liefie!  Email in your PM.  I can't wait!

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited February 2014

Congrats Liefie!

Jeannie- Positive vibes being sent your way!

We just added a new fur baby to our family, meet Gracie...............we now have George and Gracie :)

• sbelizabeth
    edited February 2014

Sweetpickle, look at that soft head and floppy ears!  What a beautiful new fur-baby!  I hope George and Gracie are wonderful friends.  

• sbelizabeth
    edited February 2014

Time to nail plywood over the windows and make sure the flashlights work!  IT'S RAINING IN CALIFORNIA!

As a Colorado girl, I find California's "STORM WATCH!" hoopla pretty funny.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited February 2014

sbe....glad to hear you've still got some "mountain strong" in you. Rain.....unless it's torrential buckets....pfft. It would be hard rain here this morning....windchill is -30, and we had some snow last night. COME ON SPRING!!!!! 

Hope you packed some warm and cozy for your trip to Edmonton, liefie. Enjoy Emily.....learn how to post pictures...it really isn't that hard. 

Have to dash out the door.....have good days, ladies. Hugs to all.

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

Sweet, so cute! Cute names, too.

Sbel, we get the hoopla if there is the threat of snow. If it does snow, it's HUGE news, mostly because it is hilly around here and people are scared to drive in it. I am happy you are getting rain. Your drought affects us all.

• sbelizabeth
    edited February 2014

I can stand up now, so look out, world!

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited February 2014

Well! That smile is a fabulous antidote to this frigid Canadian winter. She is adorable!

• sbelizabeth
    edited February 2014

I am honored to present Liefie's new granddaughter, Emily Anne!  Welcome to the world, dear baby!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited February 2014

Hmmm.....I see a bit of Liefie's DH in Emily-Anne.....Nerdy   I think MORE pictures are needed, to be absolutely SURE!

Sweet....George and Gracie, as in George Burns and Gracie Allen (The George and Gracie Show)?  Or just coninkydink?  Either way, a VERY adorable fur baby, for sure!

Sbe....that Aubrey is going to be a heartbreaker......what a doll!  I just want to pick her up and kiss her soft little cheeks!  (Maybe you could smuggle her in your suitcase to Portland in September?)

Nihahi...I have nothing to say to you ie; Winter......except that I am sorry.....I was at the Post Office this AM doing something for DH's business.....the buds are almost out on the Cherry Trees.......Loopy

Regarding the September Rendezvous....I have one more check that I am still looking for....(Not including the Canadian lovelies in this)....won't panic until the weekend......I have Cherrie's, Bailey's, Tammy's, Sbe's, Zenful's, Jeannie's, Movie's.....waiting for JlBlooms......and I am hoping it will show this weekend......not really sure WHAT to expect with the "Furrener's"   Winking

Just a reminder, the Rendezvous house can hold up to 16.....we are at 10......and can add if someone changes their mind....It's is going to be a blast....I am already planning a couple of stunning hikes, and there are gorgeous walking trails on the Salmon River, if you don't want to "Hike".....(Now....if we can only convince Liefie to plan all the meals!Shocked)

Have to go shower my mother.....fun times in Lake Oswego, for sure....Loopy

Love you awesome ladies!

XO

Jackie

• Jeannie57
    edited February 2014

What cute babies!!! Seeing them warms my heart.

Nihahi, Janet and all those in the Polar Vortex, wish you were here today! Bright blue skies, gorgeous day, I just ate lunch on my patio table. I feel the north wind from the Canadian Fraser River already this afternoon, though, so it will be short-lived.

• Moviemaniac
    edited February 2014

jlBloom....your check was in the mail........just waiting on the Canadian connection, now....it's REALLY happening!  :)

XO

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2014

Ohmygosh, you guys, those babies are soooo sweet......Thing 1 and Thing 2 are only 14 and 18......so I have a long wait......but something stirs in my gut when I think about a grandchild. So happy for you!  

Cannot wait for Mt. Hood!!!!

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited March 2014

Babies and puppies! The start to a good weekend!

So cute!

• sweetpickle
    edited March 2014

OMG those babies are adorable!

Movie- Yes, named her after George and Gracie Burns. They are getting along great!

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

Money order went out Saturday, so tomorrow will be a week in the Pony Express system......perhaps it's caught.................................

IN THIS FRIGGIN, FRACKIN, F***ING DEEP FREEZE!!!!! BUDS ON THE TREES.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! PREDICTED WINDCHILL IN THE -40'S TONIGHT AND TOMORROW!!!! 

sob sob sob sob sob sob sob!!!! Even the local ski hill closed the runs, too cold to ski????!!!! 

sob sob sob sob sob Sad!

• sweetpickle
    edited March 2014

yikes!  stay indoors nihahi!

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited March 2014

Hi ladies!  Love the pictures of the two and four footed babies.  Now we can watch two little girls grow up.  Movie, happy to hear the check arrived. Nihahi, I wish for better weather for you very soon. I think we are going to have a nice weather weekend in Florida. It sure beats the weather in Indiana. Have a good weekend!

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2014

Oh Nihahi!!! Just when I think it's cold here you doubled down on my temp! I got up in the night last night and checked the temp and it was -15....

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

Sad, I have nothing more to say, I think I'll go soak in the tub. SadSad

• sbelizabeth
    edited March 2014

You are all a bunch of big babies.  It's raining in California.  Raining!  Oh, the humanity!

Call FEMA.

• Moviemaniac
    edited March 2014

Lol...I love you Sbe.......Loopy

• GwennyMD
    GwennyMD Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2014

I guess I can't complain that the temp was on 15 when I went to work this morning.

Liefie - Congratulations Grandma

Bailey - will keep you and parents in my prayers

Jeanne - Hugs

Chocolate covered chips sound absolutely fantastic.

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

awwww sbe......it's gonna be a mudder of a bike ride today! What the heck do you feed Aubrey??? Standing at 6 months? That's scary amazing!!!

-42 windchill this morning, temp is a balmy -36

• sbelizabeth
    edited March 2014

Riding mountain bikes with the trails this muddy is more like surfing.  And it's bad for both the bike and the trail.  So we'll wait for a break in the rain and have a road ride for an hour or so just to get the molecules moving.  

Isn't Aubrey amazing?  She turned seven months on 2/27 and my DIL texted me that she's standing without holding on to anything.  She is a baby on the go.  Her daddy and his twin brother were walking at ten months, so I guess it "runs" in the family.

Stay warm, all of you in the frigid zones.  It might be a nice day for a pot of tea and a book.  Anybody into the Outlander series?  Diana Gabaldon is a wonderful writer.