Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014

I've had tears ever since I read your post yesterday, Bluebird, because you have had more than your share of setbacks through this journey. I hurt for you on this new one, but am in constant prayer that our God has you in His hands & is watching over you while we are all in your pockets. 

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2014

Oh, Sbel, I had the exact same thought. We should've asked Blue to have someone post to us or text one of us. 

Blue, thing 2 had confirmation tonight at the Cathedral of St. Andrew in Grand Rapids. Your name is in the rafters of that church and on the notes of the choir and in a few tears I shed while praying....it was a VERY long mass and I had lots of time to close my eyes and chat with a whole heavenly host of saints and angels and the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I hope you are resting comfortably tonight. I know I feel all of us together, warrior sisters, in our hearts praying for you....I hope you feel it, too.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited March 2014

Back from a late meeting....looking for word of bluebird. So many beautiful thoughts and words.....I'm convinced our prayers are getting through to her. I'm going off the "grid" for a few days, as I'll be n the mountains with a friend. I'll be holding you all in my thoughts. 

hugs....

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited March 2014

checking back in for word of Blue..........I can see I will just have to keep praying.......if only for her to feel the love all of her Warrior Sisters are surrounding her with.......XO

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited March 2014

Oh man bluebird, I am just logging in here to see that you have gone into surgery. I am sending lots of prayers and love your way and I am so sorry you are faced with this!  

Ladies, may I suggest that if any of us go throug something similar, we send a private message to someone with our name and phone number?  

Safe travels nihahi!

Bailey- So glad you did that for bluebird!

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

Good morning, friends....was hoping for word of Blue.....reality is, I think, that it could be several days before we hear something from her. We will just keep praying and sending good vibes. 

Love to all. 

And I agree, Sweet, our friendships have grown so deep.....maybe we could have a couple of people with a phone list for just in case.

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

Here is warrior Bluebird, kicking butt and taking names....

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited March 2014

Yay for the warrior bluebird!  Wasn't that blue's atavar a while back?

Yes, it could be a spell before we hear from her.  I'm praying she's comfortable and we're not making too much noise in her pocket.  

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited March 2014

Heading out...sending hugs to all first. 

I think the "contact list" is a wonderful idea. I volunteer to look after it. Send me pm's, and I'll get a list put together and email it out so we all have the same info. 

I suggest real name, along with all or some of the following (whatever you want to share): phone contact number, real email address and real mailing address, and maybe the real name of a family member who may also answer the phone (like hubby's name). I was thinking of suggesting something like this at the September gathering. It is easy to have "someone" in the family designated to contact someone on "the list", then updates/reassurances/support, etc. can fan out. I suspect many of us will love to be staying in touch with each other long after the bc.org connection fades. You just never know what life is going to throw at you, or give you cause to celebrate, and sometimes you need more than an "online pocket party". 

BEHAVE everyone......hugs to all.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited March 2014

Sweet, what a fabulous idea!  It sure is difficult not knowing how Bluebird is doing.   I am sending my info to Nihahi. Thanks, Nihahi, for volunteering. Have a great time in the mountains. We know how much you love it there. 

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, Nihahi, you're the best, as always! I hope you have a great trip. Sending my info.

• sweetpickle
    edited March 2014

Thanks Nihahi for being the list keepr, sending my info.

I love that fierce looking bluebird Bailey!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited March 2014

Thanks for that wonderful suggestion, Nihahi! Will do so. Bluebird is in my thoughts all the time. She's probably still sedated - this was brain surgery after all. Poor girl, she's gone through so much. Thanks for your wonderful post, Bailey! May those prayers rise and be heard together with all the others that are being prayed.

• sweetpickle
    edited March 2014

I want to share this picture and backstory with you ladies. This is my sister and I many moons ago, she is now fighting the same BC. We both carry the brca 1 gene. What is crazy is that we did not meet until I was 31. I am adopted and I searched for my bio family. She and I are so alike its scary......lol!  We are boston irish :)

I am in green.
  • sbelizabeth
    edited March 2014

Sweet, what a lovely photo!  You and your sister could be twins!  I'm so happy you were able to find her and re-connect.  How unfortunate you're both BRCA+.  I hope you'll be holding hands when you're wrinkled up little old ladies, looking back on "when we had BC."

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2014

Sweet - What a great photo - you are both such beautiful girls. I'm so glad you found each other, and I hope her treatment is calm and uneventful. I have full faith in the happy ending. 

By the way - I'm sitting in my car in the middle of a blizzard  - and your story was the perfect bright spot in the snowstorm. Sisters are the best. Mine is a year older, and is the person who I secretly consider to be my life partner.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited March 2014

Sweet, what a wonderful photo and story! It made my heart lift a little from my concern for Blue. How blessed you are to have found each other. I have three brothers, no sisters. I'm glad I have all of you sisters!

Sending info, thanks Nihahi.

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2014

Praying for Bluebird as hard as I can pray.  Many, many thoughts of healing for her.  Pockets in surgery sure do grow enormous!  Hurry back to us Bluebird!!  Hugs with love surrounding you!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited March 2014

Sweet, beautiful photo! You two certainly have the famous Irish eyes. So pretty!

Jeannie, I'm praying for that job for DH. 

Janet, yes, sisters are the best. I've just finished skyping with mine who lives in Namibia. As kids we could not stand each other, now we cherish every moment we can spend together.

Wondering how Bluebird is doing . . . 

• sweetpickle
    edited March 2014

Thanks everyone, I am so proud of her! She always makes me smile and I am so grateful to have her in my life.

I am thinking of bluebird too, hope all went ok with surgery. I hate cancer!

sbe- never thought I would say this but I too look forward to being a wrikled up old lady!

• Zenful
    edited March 2014

Sweet, what a beautiful picture. How blessed you are to have found each other. I lost my sister to lymphoma six years ago, so like Jeannie, I also think of all of you as my sisters. So happy to have found you!

• Jeannie57
    edited March 2014

BosumBlues, how is your job search coming along? DH received a "no" email today from one of his top prospects. You hate not knowing why, when the interview went so well...but his top prospect called 3 times today to set up more interviews tomorrow in addition to his Fri. appts. with them. His friends who work there say that's a very good sign. We've been through this so many times, we don't count on anything until he is sitting at a desk! Thanks for everybody's support, as always.

Zenful, I'm sorry about your sister. My best friend has a long-term but terminal form of lymphoma. You and I are sisters in heart, for sure.

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited March 2014

Blue....these are for you.......

Jeannie, I am sorry about the "NO"....don't these people realize what a gem Tom is?????? (Idiots!)Devil

Sweet...you and your sister are adorable!  Just sorry you are both traveling down the same road.....Sad

Zen....I am sorry about you losing your sister......I know how that feels.....I lost my older sister to early -onset Alzheimers......

Hope we hear from Blue soon.......

XO

• Zenful
    edited March 2014

Movie,  the flowers for Blue are beautiful and make me feel that maybe there will be a spring. We just had another 9" of snow today. Enough, already!

• sbelizabeth
    edited March 2014

My sis and me--I'm the baby!  Her BC was found 9 months after mine, and she just finished herceptin in December.  I wish we'd shared some OTHER kind of experience, like having pedicures together, or the measles...just about anything besides BC...but we're both doing well.  

Bluebird, looking forward to hearing from you.  In the meantime, gentle rest and calm nurses...

• Jeannie57
    edited March 2014

Thinking of our beautiful Bluebird!

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

Thinking of Blue as I try to drift off to sleep...

Here is my sister and me....she's my baby by 5 years....love her soooomuch

• Zenful
    edited March 2014

I love the sister pictures!  Sbe, now I know where Aubrey gets her adorableness. 

I am also keeping Bluebird in my prayers. 

• sweetpickle
    edited March 2014

sbe- so sorry you both had to fight this beast! You guys are so cute!!!!

bailey- you guys are gorgous!

zenful-so sorry for the loss of your sister (((hugs)))

deb- thanks, I hope something comes your way soon. Are you hanging in there? Any prospects. Sending lots of positive job hunting vibes your way!

jeannie- ack, so sorry he got a no, those guys will regret not hiring such an awesome guy! Hoping he gets a solid yes soon and you can rest easy.

movie- So pretty! I had to bring all my new plantings inside yesterday with the drop in temps. So glad I started out in containers!

blue- said a prayer for you this morning!

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited March 2014

Love the pics everyone!  Beautiful sisters, beautiful flowers.  Just checking for some news on our Bluebird.  Contact list is a very good idea.  Have a good day, friends!