Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited March 2014

Silly indeed. Thanks Movie - I owe you!

• goldie4040
    goldie4040 Member Posts: 404
    edited March 2014

No news from Bluebird? I will keep chevking

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited March 2014

movie- God bless you for being brave and calling to check on bluebird. I am so relieved that she is doing good!!!!

OK nobody from this thread is allowed to scare me like that again! I can't afford any more grey! :)

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2014
    Bluebird....you are loved by all the cyber crazies and loons!!! Rest well!

Thanks for the update, Movie!
  • MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited March 2014

Liefie - my mac book has a right click - it is the right side of the track pad.  Works just the same as a mouse.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited March 2014

Thinking of you, Bluebird, with loving thoughts and hope you are healing well. 

• goldie4040
    goldie4040 Member Posts: 404
    edited March 2014

Gosh, I missed all the good news about Bluebird the last time I stopped in, weird.  Okay, I am glad she will be okay.  Movie, thank you!!!!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited March 2014

Movie, thank you, thank you for finding out the good news about our Bluebird!

• GwennyMD
    GwennyMD Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2014

God is good.  I am so glad that Bluebird made it though surgery and that they got everything. 

I have 5 sisters and one of them is currently fighting bc.  She was first diagnosed 6 yrs ago before we lost our mother to bc. She was stag 4.  new scans show new cells in stomach.  She has been sick a lot in the last few months.  She is finally well enough to start chemo again.  Fortunately, she lives with another sister and I am less than an hour from them.

• GwennyMD
    GwennyMD Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2014

Yippee, I learned how to do an avatar.

Liefie, you are not alone.  It took me 3 tries to get it right.

• lahela
    lahela Member Posts: 145
    edited March 2014

Bluebird, sending you all my love.

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited March 2014

Movie, thanks for the good news on our Bluebird!  Praying and thinking of you, Blue!  Love, Julie

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2014

Movie  - Thank you for making that call, and doing in spite of being nervous. And thank you for all your goodness. 

Thank you all for all your goodness and love to Blue.  (P.S. I'm working on changing my avatar)

• liefie
    edited March 2014

Bluebird, we are all cheering you on, and hoping you are continuing to do well. You rest, be very good to yourself, and heal up.

Thanks, Gwenny - you make me feel a little better - lol. So sorry to hear about your sis, and what she is going through. This disease . . . words fail me. Simply have to carry on, and set one foot in front of the other. That's all.

Marty, I've tried to right click, and play with it a little, but it makes no difference. My laptop is 6 years old, so maybe does not have that function? Thanks for trying to help - appreciated.

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014

Movie, again thanks for making the call to check on Bluebird. I'm sure we all slept much better last night!  Bluebird, rest & recover!  Know you are in our prayers as you heal.  I'm wondering if you heard a bunch of little bluebirds flapping & hovering around you this week?

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

Lol you made me think of Snow White and all the little bluebirds flitting about her. 

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

So I've been home sick as a dog (where did the expression come from) for three days. Trying to get in to the doctor. Severe headache off and on for five days and severe gastrointestinal issues.....some sort of damned virus. I seem to be in the virus of the month club these days. Work hates me......so sick of my absences.....do they understand that I hate it more than they do??? I am doing everything I can to stay healthy but seem to catch everything. SICK OF BEING SICK. 

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2014

Bluebird:  Rest and heal fast.  You are in my prayers.

Bailey:  Get rid of that virus fast!  I have several friends in the GR area who are having a hard time getting rid of it.  They have said it just wipes them out and trying to stay hydrated is really hard and they have no energy to move.  Just tell it to go away lol, and if it was only that simple! Kat

• liefie
    edited March 2014

(((((((((((((((BAILEY)))))))))))))) Hope you will get better soon! Yes, it sucks to be sick. Enough already!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited March 2014

Bluebird, continuing to pray for your complete healing! 

Bailey, we are flitting around you, too! Bibbidy-bobbidy-boo! Or was that Cinderella???

Gwenny and others with sisters fighting bc, I hate this disease.

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

that's spot on, Kat,  on the edge of dehydration all week!

• Ridley
    Ridley Member Posts: 95
    edited March 2014

Movie -- definitely brave.  You let us all breathe a collective sigh of relief with your update.

Bluebird -- hope you are resting comfortably -- count me in as a little bluebird sending postive vibes as well, despite my avatar -- that will take some time to figure out!

Bailey -- hope you are feeling better soon!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited March 2014

Thanks for gathering up your brave self and making the call, Movie!  I'm glad to hear Bluebird is recovering.  It will be nice to see her posting again.

Bailey, feel better soon.  Have you tried Manuka honey tea? Don't perseverate on the missed work.  It will be there when you get back, and some things are simply unavoidable. 

Don't you just love computers?  Hahahaha....

It's a full moon tomorrow and supposed to be clear tonight, so midnight trail ride planned.  Maybe it'll be warm enough that I can get a moon-tan.  MAYBE the hubs will get lucky out there in the dirt.  ...snort...

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited March 2014

You ladies are ALL silly!   All I did was PICK UP THE PHONE!  Sharon1942 deserves at least SOME of the credit....she's the one who found the pertinent information!   (And just in case Blue isn't back on in a day or so, I mailed her a REAL card.....if any of you lovelies would like her street address.....PM me or Sharon!)

Okay.....off to walk my mother (really!) and THEN my two Labs...........Loopy

Love you all!

PS:  Bailey.....I hope you have turned the corner on that s**t....it IS awful......Scared

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited March 2014

My dearest family! I truly thought I was not getting another chance at this, seems i just can't do anything right, but God isn't ready for me yet and I distinctly heard the devil say, crap she's awake! 

I looked in down in my pocket and saw this:

imageAll my wonderful friends and bc sisters sticking tight to me ! You will never know how much it meant to me to know that you were all in my pocket. I just woke up today and felt brave enough to turn on my computer and imagine how happy I was to see all the bluebird avatars! You are an amazing strong group of women! Jackie,(movie?) thank you for calling my husband. I was pretty out of it and really appreciated hearing of my support network. Poor guy has been through so much.  It was a big shock to all of us. Just had all clear scans so I could start reconstruction again back in January. I won't know much more until they get the tumor information but they are assuming its breast cancer to the brain that the chemo didn't get because of the blood brain barrier or they missed seeing it altogether.  Damn it grew fast.  God is truly amazing by putting the right people where I need them. I was rushed by ambulence to Jefferson in Philadelphia (#! in the country) and got the luck of the Irish #2 brain surgeon removing the tumor within 24 hours. I have some limited vision on my left that I am hoping will come back and some scary hallucinations coming from my left field, but these too shall pass. 

As I get stronger I'll try to check in more. Thank you, thank you, thank you to each and everyone of all my bluebird family!! Love you all!

And if I can get clearance for flight, I'm coming in September!!! Need to hug each and everyone one of you!

Kristine

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited March 2014

(((((Kristine))))). Soooooooo, good to hear from you! Rest and heal. Love you, Tammy 

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited March 2014

Bluebird, you have just made my day!  I'm looking forward to sitting with you in September.  Bailey, I hope you are feeling better soon. Love you bluebirds.  

PS. Blue the picture of us in your pocket is great!

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited March 2014

Oh, Bluebird, I am typing with tears of happiness rolling down my cheeks. It is so good to hear from you and to know you have received such good care. I love the picture, too. I am looking forward to giving you a big hug in September. But for now, (((hugs))). 

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

SItting in the docs office waiting to be seen for THE CRUD and I decided to catch up and now I'm sitting here crying and they are going to think I went right off the skids....(again).

Blue so HAPPY to here from you, honey. So so so happy. I am sure you and your family have been scared.....and still are, but hopefully less intense than the last week. 

You are in my daily prayers and thoughts. So glad to hear that part of your goal is September. It'll be a September to Remember, no doubt about it! 

Love to all. It's such a GOOD DAY....Bluebird flew home to roost :)

Hahaha ....one flew over the cuckoo's nest? Lol....I might be giddy.

Have a great day everyone.

Blue tell those hallucinations to eff off.