Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited March 2014

Love the grandma vibes, liefie! I'm sure you'll be making many trips to Edmonton.

Nothing cute and cuddley from today's ski.....unless you're a momma moose!

avalanche across the valley

view from our lunch spot

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited March 2014

Nihahi, these pictures are stunning. 

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

Hope you come up this way for a visit someday, Cherrie....I'll happily be your tour guide!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited March 2014

Wow, what beauty, Nihahi.

Liefie, grandbabies are so precious! I remember seeing mine being born eight whole years ago. She and mama are coming for a visit next month! I hope you get to see yours a lot!

• Jeannie57
    edited March 2014

Hey, forgot to say that DH got called back already for one of the two companies he interviewed with! Thanks for keeping up the prayers/vibes.

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

jeannie....that's WONDERFUL news re:hubby!!!!! So what's next for him???? Keeping everything crossed for you!!!!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited March 2014

Nihahi, more interviews! Hopefully the last. They told him they were interviewing other candidates but then called him the next day to come back in. Who knows. It's a step in the right direction.

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

Certainly sounds hopeful....and there is nothing wrong with hope!!!!!! 

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited March 2014

Jeannie, what great news. It does mean a lot to get this far in the process. My fingers are crossed too!!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited March 2014

Jeannie, what thrilling news.  You'll be in our prayers.

Nihahi, I don't even know how to express my wonder at your photos.  "Beautiful" isn't enough.  The breathtaking moose, bowing to eat, the little bird asking for crumbs, the avalance in the actual act of 'lanching...wow.  Just wow.  

Liefie, I did that too.  I couldn't take my eyes off her while she was sleeping (or any other time!).  Hey, have you bought Emily Anne a toy called "Sophie"?  Apparently it's the thing.  I was wandering around Toys-R-Us when Aubrey was tiny, looking for something that she could hold and rattle, and another grandma took me by the hand and lead me to the Sophie display.  It's a ridiculous giraffe, all legs and neck and nobby head, that is very easy for a baby to hold and chew. Amazon has them, too.

Happy Saturday, everyone!  Time to climb on and ride away!

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2014

Hey, friends, so much to catch up on, I had to get my bluetooth keyboard out so I can type more, faster! 

Cherrie, my MI friend, thank you for sharing your heart with us and your thoughts. We are all here for you. I've had times in my life when I felt similiar - like I was lost. Like I put myself last. I understand. I'm going through a kind of reset right now - as I think about the few short years I have left with thing1 and thing 2 in the house on a regular basis and "what's next" and this ever growing feeling of needing to "give back" for all of the wonderful care I have received throughout my cancer journey. I have some things in mind, but they haven't gone past my mind, so far, so I won't share here (I suppose DH should be the first to know if Im thinking major career change, etc). You will find your way, no doubt. 

Nihahi - your pictures are so lovely, so peaceful and striking. Love, love, love. 

I am fine if your PS would like to be taken to school by this group, Movie ;) 

Sbel and Janet - you're both such fine writers and have such a great senses of humor - your posts always bring a smile to my face. I've never heard your voices but I hear them in your writing all the time. 

Jeannie - crossing everything I can cross and saying employment prayers. 

Good gravy I've likely missed someone.....oh, Sweet, missed our dear Sweet....and Liefie and the new baby......love to all!

I am working on grocery list, laundry today - tomorrow will start planning the Eagle Scout ceremony and party for Thing 1 next month......oh, and Thing 2 has confirmation next week.....suppose I should make sure he has presentable clothing....

I cannot wait for September and several days of friendship and fellowship.....and no laundry!!!!

Oh, Dad and Mom. Thanks you for all your prayers. He took five steps on Tuesday and was able to put 45 lbs of pressure on the left stump (fractured side) yesterday. I didn't think he'd be able to bear any weight on the left until after they returned home, but the fracture must've healed enough to start weight bearing. It's VERY GOOD NEWS. 

No luck finding anybody to tell his story yet, but I have feelers out there.

Enjoy the day! 

• Jeannie57
    edited March 2014

Hey, Bailey, good to hear from you! 

Nihahi, there is a thread called "Retreat for Peaceful Contemplation" where only peaceful photos are posted. Yours would be perfect.

I am feeling overwhelmed and teary today. Sometimes the things going on in my body are just too much. 

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2014

Oh Jeannie - I'm so sorry your body is letting you down, but your smile and your spirit are so alive and perfect. 

Tomorrow will be better. But for now I hope you have a warm blanket, a box of kleenex and kind people nearby. 

Janet

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

hugs, jeannie....I'm so, so sorry to hear of your sad day. I hope you find some "release" in letting some tears out, and spend time today doing things that bring you peace and comfort. You DO have the strength and ability to get through today, and find a better "tomorrow". 

I've viewed that thread and the photos there. I don't take any credit for my photos.....I just click the camera. I just am so thankful to be living in such a beautiful, interesting world, and love to share that with others.

I've been watching some of the paralympic events, and I have a renewed faith in our human ability to "rise above" what life throws at us and our bodies, health and minds. One of the athletes who won a medal in the "sitting downhill", achieved that remarkable feat today, which is the 10 year anniversary of the day he had a horrific skiing accident which made him a paraplegic. He views today as a major accomplishment, not a day of mourning and sadness. Makes me rethink my own mindset on certain bc related dates. How much more significant a day it would be, if I make it a day of celebrating an accomplishment of "today", as opposed to reliving a difficult part of my past. TAKE THAT BC.....!!!!!!!! 

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

Your thoughts made me think of this, Nihahi.....here's to a change in point of view!
  • nihahi
    edited March 2014

bailey......ThumbsUp

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited March 2014

Nihahi, beautiful pictures. Nature gives me sucha peaceful feeling. Thanks for sharing your amazing journeys. 

Jeannie, my fingers are crossed for your hubby, and you are still in my prayers. Hope tomorrow is a better day. 

Bailey, that's wonderful news about your father. Sending positive thoughts that you find someone to tell his inspirational story. 

Hugs to all!

Nihahi

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited March 2014

Jeannie.....I am sorry you are feeling...."off".  I am sending you a great big Movie (((hug)))....and I hope that today has been kinder to you....Keeping you and DH in my prayers......

Love to All of you, my dear flapper sisters!

XO

• Jeannie57
    edited March 2014

And I'm back.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited March 2014

I love it, Jeannie!  Warrior on!

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

atta girl, jeannie.......can you hear us cheering?!!!!!

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited March 2014

Love you, Jeannie!Winking

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited March 2014

Way to go Jeannie! DH is so excited for your hubby, and sends his regards. 

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited March 2014

Hugs Jeannie!!

Hi Bailey, good luck with the eagle scout event and I bet you are so proud!

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014

I know Amy Robach cut her hair short before she started chemo in December, but why hasn't she lost her hair?  It doesn't look like she is wearing a wig. 

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited March 2014

Sharon, maybe she's doing the cold cap thing. There's a woman in my Wednesday pilates class who has shoulder-length curls, and is almost finished with her chemo. She said she hired a cold cap tech to take care of running around and swapping out the caps during chemo.  It's mondo expensive, but I guess if you have the $$ and really don't want to experience being exotically bald, it might be worth it.  

For me, I'd rather have the knowledge that the chemo penetrated every darn cell in my carcass, inclucing my scalp.

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014

I agree to let chemo have a chance to get every cancer cell!   I just wonder why she is being silent about keeping her hair. Wish I knew. 

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

The bad part about turning the clocks ahead......it's back to getting up in the dark again.........

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

Thanks, Sweet, we are thrilled with our first Eagle Scout. He started scouts at 6 and a few months into it I was explaining the ranks of Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts to him and explained Eagle as being Scounting's highest honor. He said, most assuredly, "That's what I'm going to be, Mom."  And here we are. Makes me weepy, but in a good way.

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited March 2014

Bailey-My guys gave up on scouting when we moved to the mountains because they were the oldest in their troop. I was hoping they would go all the way but it was fun while it lasted. I loved the pinewood derby!

I wonder is its the chemo she is on. My little sis hasnt lost her hair. She is in a trial chemo at Dana Farber, I think she is on cisplatin. she will do AC after surgery.  I was surprised she hadnt lost her hair yet.