Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited March 2014

Just read the news of bluebird........SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!! Now hoping for continued healing and recovery for you blue.......it would be so wonderful to have you join the group in September. 

Thank you movie for making that phone call. I have the PM's from everyone....will get the list done up and sent out this weekend.

I'm a bit late to the party for changing my avatar to a bluebird....so have decided to change it, but to a "blue-ish" flower, which is a prairie crocus....the sign of spring out here....the sign of new life, new hope, new beginnings....from my heart to yours.....hugs.

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014

There are a lot of bluebirds tweeting songs of happiness this morning for Bluebird home in her cozy nest. We're all flying high over the good news!  God is good!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited March 2014

Wonderful happy news, Bluebird! Someone's watching over you, and we are here to support you. Will be soooo wonderful to meet you if you can make it in September. Take it easy, and get better soon.

Nihahi, I'm sending you my info right away. Hope you feel rested and refreshed?!

• butterfleyez
    butterfleyez Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2014

hello ladies!

It's been months since I've been on and I am so glad I logged on today to read of Bluebird's victories! The support on this site is exactly why I got back on. Missed this. 

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited March 2014

Bluebird, welcome back to the conversation!  We're so pleased and relieved the surgery went well, and that conditions were perfect for you to get the care quickly that you needed.  

Nihahi, hope your retreat was relaxing and fun.  

Happy Saturday, everyone.

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2014

Butterfleyez.....welcome back to the roost!

So glad to see you here!

Nihahi your crocus (croci??? Crocuses?? Crocus')....scratch that.....Nihahi your flowers are lovely :)

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited March 2014

Oh Blue!  Just logged on and your post was the first I saw....sitting here with tears in my eyes trying to type....not easy for a goofy woman like me!  When I spoke to your DH, and he told me how well everything had gone, I started to cry (which is why I was nervous to call in the first place!)  I am SO happy you checked in.....and it's good for you to know that you have MANY women who love you, and are praying for you....now rest, and feel better.  I really hope you can make the trip out in September......you will be surrounded by lots of Bluebird sisters!  XO

Nihahi...I believe you have everything you need from me?   How was your trip?  Pictures?

Bailey....darn it, girl!  Get rid of that crap!  Seriously, I am sending you extra-special Movie (((hugs))).........

To everyone else, have wonderful days.....

Love you all!

• lahela
    lahela Member Posts: 145
    edited March 2014

Bluebird, it is so, so, so good to hear from you! You will overcome! Huge bug bear {{{hugs}}}!

Bosum, I'd get scanned just to put my mind at rest. Worrying because you don't know is so draining and you don't need that. {{{hugs}}} for you too!

• GwennyMD
    GwennyMD Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2014

Bluebird - I am still praying for you.  Get well soon.

Bailey - Take care of yourself. Get some rest.  Thing 1 and 2 can order pizza for a couple of days.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes for my sister. 

Hugs for all.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited March 2014

bosom, if they are new and something you didn't feel last month, I would get it checked out. Better to be wrong than to ignore it. Please get it checked out. 

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

bosumblues....please get it checked honey. Love you! Hugs!

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited March 2014

bluebird- Sooooooooo happy to hear from you and you are one amazingly strong woman! Rest easy my friend.

bailey- I hope you kick this crud in the behind soon!  

Nihahi- how was the trip?  DD and I just got home from camping with the girlscouts. Hope you had a nice time.

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited March 2014

Bosum....find a way to get that checked out!     You have enough stress right now without adding this to the mix.......sending you (((hugs))).......

Bailey??????  What happened today at Dr's.....?  (Or was that yesterday?????-sheesh!)Loopy

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014

Yes, Bosum, get your lumps checked out someway, somehow. 

Hoping you are feeling better, Bailey. 

This has been a stressful week for all of us, but it had a happy ending. Breathe....

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

Bad case of gastroenteritis...no worries, thank you for the concern. I was getting worried about dehydration, but doing fine. Love to all and to all goodnight!

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you bailey.....sending hugs. Have you decided how you are going to re-decorate your bathroom, with all the extra "loo" time???

Mountain getaway was great. Spring is definitely coming to the rockies, and the snow is getting "sticky", but, we had a wonderful time and managed over 30 km combined skiing and snowshoeing, over 3 days. The "Alberta blue skies" for the first two days, kept bluebird in my thoughts. 

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

hahaha Nihahi, actually like the loo as is.... It's the kitchen that's next up on the docket. Ugh. Nobody enjoys kitchen recon....until it's done, of course!

My thoughts today are of a spring that might just come......someday....

• sbelizabeth
    edited March 2014

Bailey, what a lovely photo!  Tulips popping through the snow, a promise of spring.

I changed my avatar--again--to California spring wildflowers.  I don't think we'll have a carpet of lupines and poppies this year, though, there hasn't been enough rain.  

Blue, hope you're resting and recovering steadily.  You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

LOVE the photo bailey.....is that your spring at the moment???....I am jealous!!!!!! Hope you're feeling better every day!

sbe.....love the new avatar....beautiful flowers. Those wildflowers might just fool you yet, and show up!

I'm posting a few from my getaway....just to bring some of you back to reality! (The latest site update makes it a pain to post photos again for me....sigh.....back to having to first load them onto photobucket...not  happy!)

our cabin.....viewed from the backside.....thank goodness there was another way in!!!!!

snowshoe trail.....spring melting has begun.....

ski trail

sometimes it gets cloudy.......

happy times!

snow "bagel"

This is what happens when sticky snow rolls down a hill.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited March 2014

Nihahi, I love that you call it "sticky snow". To us Ohioans, it's good snowman-building snow. We rarely see any other kind, except for this winter which was so frigid all season.  I think there was only one good snowman-building day. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures!  

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited March 2014

Dear Bluebird, just now checking in and, like others, I have tears in my eyes, reading your post. Thank you so much for checking in. I'm so glad you were able to and that you can feel the LOVE from us here. We will continue to snuggle you through whatever comes. You keep putting that Devil in his place! God's got you. It would be the best thing ever to hug you in person in September!!! Hey, with your wonky vision in your left eye and my wonky vision in my right, we make a perfect couple! We can help each other along...hope yours clears up soon, though.

Nihahi, beautiful pics. So glad you had a good time! My nephew recently broke his collarbone in three places (9 screws) when he hit a patch of "sticky" snow while skiing at Tahoe.  It threw him right down and he's an expert skier. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it instead.

Bailey, please do your best to kick that bug into outer space. I do enjoy your silliness...and your heartfelt messages to us. I still picture you in church, with your prayers rising up, up, up.

Bosum, I wish there were some way you could get an MRI. Do your best to get it checked again---you have to be your own best advocate. It's important.  I am praying it is nothing, though. (I am always running to my dermatologist to look at my latest concern. So far, so good, though). I completely sympathize with you re: insurance issues.

Butterfleye, good to hear from you again.

Sweet, how was the camping? Good weather? Are you exhausted??

DH got turned down for one job which was surprising and disappointing. He is still interviewing for others....it is getting old now to be unemployed, but we decided it feels better to be trusting and hopeful than  doubting and discouraged. Working on that!

Love you ladies!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited March 2014

Love all the flowers!!!! I am looking at daffodils, hellebore flowers, corylopsis (butter yellow flowers), with lots more to come. It has been raining buckets here this month but everything is budding out. Such a hopeful time in the garden here.

• sweetpickle
    edited March 2014

Jeannie- had a great time camping and I came home, took a hot shower and collasped!  Hope something comes through for your dh soon.

Deb- Have you checked the exchange yet? You may qualify for medicaid in your state. You can also contact your local health department to see if they have any programs available.

• mammalou
    mammalou Member Posts: 293
    edited March 2014

I've been away for awhile but wanted to say hi.  Bluebird... I'm glad to hear you are doing well and I'm praying for you.  You guys are a wonderful bunch.

I've got my nipple and some more fat grafting scheduled for April 1st.  I sure hope it doesn't turn into an April fools joke!  

I had every blood test known to man done on my liver and all came back negative.  Then, I had an ultrasound which showed fatty liver and no cancer.  Then last Monday, I had a good breast annual MRI and it came back showing a lesion on my liver.  Recommended ultrasound.  Lol  So then I call liver doc back and they went over my imaging,  turns out, they couldn't actually see the part of my liver where the lesion showed up.  That's not very comforting.  They went back to a cT scan I had 2 years ago and found a cyst and they are thinking that is what is seen in the MRI.    Tomorrow I go to see the BS who ordered the MRI.  Do you think I should ask for another CT? Does relying on a 2 year old one seem ok?

• butterfleyez
    butterfleyez Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2014

nihahi where did you go? The snow looks so pretty! I know those of you livin with the snow all winter may disagree lol my son is trying to convince me to take him snowboarding one more time this year. I haven't been since surgery and don't know if its the best idea just yet but the pics are inspiring!

• sweetpickle
    edited March 2014

hey mamalou, you must be beyond frustrated with the testing and anxiety that comes with it. Were it me, I would not rely on an older scan.

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

Thanks for all the well wishes my friends. I am feeling better. Just one mad dash today Shocked....back to work tomorrow.

• nihahi
    edited March 2014

Because tomorrow we're all Irish.......

image>

• bailey6760
    edited March 2014

Was that an attempt at posting a picture, Nihahi? I couldn't (easily) post last.night either....sure hope they fix it soon.

Sun is shining but it's only 25 degrees.....brrrrrrr

Edited to add....oooh oooh oooh...they did fix it....I can post pics easily with the pic icon again....thank you BCO!!

Where I wish I was and what I wish I was doing....(that's Thing 2 with me)

• sbelizabeth
    edited March 2014

It works!  Here's the latest of Aubrey playing with Rosie, her beloved Olde English Bulldogge.  Aubrey climbs into Rosie's bed so they can pal around and lick each other.