Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited March 2014

nihahi, I emailed you my contact information.

Kristine, strong chi coming from your hometown to NJ. Heal, my friend! Please let us know how you are doing when you can.

Love all the pics, everyone. I have four(4) sisters one in Dallas and three in Atlanta, and they took turn taking care of me post stage I surgery. I love them all. Love my flapper sisters too.

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014

My sister was 5 years younger than me.  I lost her to a sudden illness 2 years ago. It was right after I had just finished mastectomy, chemo, & radiation. She was my only contact with my past & we shared everything. I broke out with shingles a month after she passed away. I miss her every day & have to stop myself when I think, "I need to ask/tell Judy about..."  Still sad. 

I have asked all my prayer warrior friends to pray for Bluebird, as I continue to do also. 

• bailey6760
    bailey6760 Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2014

Your sisters are beautiful! Love love love!  Thank you for your flowers, Movie. Extra hugs to those who have lost your sisters......and brothers....my baby brother passed when he was 7 and I was 10. 

Thinking of Bluebird as she recovers and figures out what is next. We are here for you, sister Bluebird!

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited March 2014

Also checking in to see how Bluebird and everyone is doing. She has certainly been through a lot. 

Jeannie, I just know something is coming your hubby's way. SOON. 

My only sibling and sister is 3 years older. I was diagnosed with BC first. I am 11 years out and she is 6 years out. We are very different, but I love her to death. 

Nihahi- sending info.  We should have this for September too and then we can mass email.

• Morningsun1
    edited March 2014

Jeannie57 I stole your baby bluebird pic.

• Sharon1942
    edited March 2014

Tammy, sweet idea. I think we should all change our profile pic to the bluebird to show our solidarity in prayer for Bluebird. I'm changing mine now.

• Cherrie
    edited March 2014

I agree Sharon, but I don't know how to do this. HELP

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited March 2014

Great minds think alike, Sharon, Bailey, Tammy, Jeannie......and I am adding mine.   

Bluebird...I am thinking about you 24/7....hoping for good things......hurry back to us-we miss you!  XO

I may have a lead on the hospital, but don't know Kristine's last name.......Does anyone here have it?

• sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Member Posts: 185
    edited March 2014

changed mine too, love you bluebird!

• Sharon1942
    edited March 2014

Save the pic to your device with a right click or holding down in the pic until you get the save option. Different for different devices. Go to your BCO.org profile, click settings, go to your avatar setting, click on choose existing option, then pick our sweet bluebird.

• Sharon1942
    edited March 2014

I am a sleuth. Kristine's last name is Gross. Believe it or not I saw that on the pic she shared of the medal her cousin sent her after he won a race. He addressed it to Krissy Gross. I have also found her husband through a search. 

Stephen Gross
    35 Norcross Rd
    Berlin, NJ 08009 (856) 768-2811

Movie, do you want to call him for us?  Rather than all of us call. She is also on Facebook as Bluebird Acres. Let's all go ask her to be our friend!

• Cherrie
    edited March 2014

Thinking of you Bluebird!

• Sharon1942
    edited March 2014

Sleuth Sharon also found Bluebird's work website. (My sister that passed away taught me my sleuthing skills. God I miss her so much!)

http://www.rowan.edu/colleges/ccca/departments/writingarts/contact.html

• Morningsun1
    edited March 2014

I am calling you csi-Sharon from now on...

• Sharon1942
    edited March 2014

I even went to Bluebird Acres on Facebook & tried to find out if any of her friends or family had posted updates on Kristine, but all had their posts hidden. 

• Sharon1942
    edited March 2014

Tammy, I had just thought of changing my avatar when I saw you had beat me to it. Great minds do think alike. CSI is fitting, ha!  I also gave the avatar idea to another thread Bluebird is a member of. I have been in tears thinking of her.  

I have a sorority sister that had breast cancer a few years ago & had a brain tumor removed last year. It was a different cancer from her breast cancer & not aggressive. They removed it & she is doing fine now.  Praying it is the same for Bluebird. #Godwatchoverbluebird #thisisnotfair

• Moviemaniac
    edited March 2014

Okay....I put my big girl panties on a few moments ago, and dialed Bluebird's home #.....talked to her DH, and he told me that Blue had just come home.......the Dr. told him that they got ALL of the tumor, and DH says she is doing very well.  He said that she would probably return(here) in the next day, or so.  I told him that Blue had a whole bunch of women praying for her, and to tell her that we were thinking of her, and that we loved her.    

I was very nervous to make that call, but I am SO glad I did!  Hooray for Bluebird!   Happy

If any of you would like to send her an actual card, PM me or Sharon1942......

Love you ladies!

• Sharon1942
    edited March 2014

Thanks for the update, movie!  God is good!

• Morningsun1
    edited March 2014

Thank you movie!

Heal, blue, heal.

• Ridley
    Ridley Member Posts: 95
    edited March 2014

Movie - thanks for being brave.  

Bluebird - wishing you a warm and cosy pain free rest in your own bed tonight.  So glad surgery went well and you are home.

Ridley

• Moviemaniac
    edited March 2014

Ridley...Brave?  or stupid?   I'm not sure.....Loopy

• Moviemaniac
    edited March 2014

Oops- forgot to add...all of you copy Jeannie's avatar.....we're doing it for Blue......Winking

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited March 2014

So happy to hear Bluebird is okay. Wonderful news - thanks Movie! Changing my avatar is too difficult for me . . . lol. Wish I was more savvy.

• Moviemaniac
    edited March 2014

Liefie...Sharon posted instructions.....not too difficult.....point on Jeannie's avatar...(right click) it should say save as....go to your pictures files.....it will say JPEG....hit save....then go into your BCO profile and say edit avatar......then you can pull up the picture you just saved...I am SO computer-illiterate.....  I got it to work!Loopy

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited March 2014

Movie, my Apple Macbook does not have a mouse, so how to right click? See what I mean? Can't even carry out the first instruction. LOLOL.

• Sharon1942
    edited March 2014

Liefie, can you just hold your finger on the pic unil you get a save image option?

• Morningsun1
    edited March 2014

liefie, the easiest way is to pm movie you BCO password and she will do it for you :-)

• Sharon1942
    edited March 2014

Liefie, Just drag the image from the browser window to the desktop. Then you have the image file on the desktop. 

• Moviemaniac
    edited March 2014

Silly Liefie......Winking

• Moviemaniac
    edited March 2014

Anyone else need help?  Winking