Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Moving On......After the Flap

Comments

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited April 2014

nite nite

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited April 2014

Zenful, I have always thought you look so elegant.

• Moviemaniac
    Moviemaniac Member Posts: 242
    edited April 2014

HI guys.....long time-no post.  My life is quite melodramatic these days.....my mother has taken a decidedly down-ward turn, and it has literally taken over my life right now.......That seems to be all I deal with from morning until night.  Am evaluating ALL of my options, but haven't made any concrete plans.........I was supposed to be heading to La Quinta for a yearly get-away with my soccer-mom friends, and the hostess had to cancel, so I am flying out to Ft. Collins, Co to see youngest DD.....I have someone to watch  her for 5-6 days, and I am running away!  Can hardly wait for May 1st!......SO tired.   The only thing that is a positive, is that because I have been chained to the house, I decided to try the "Fast Metabolism Diet", and it has been amazing!  I am down 8.5 pounds......however, that could be due to the "no's" in the diet....no caffeine, no sugar, no soy, no corn, no gmo wheat,no dairy, and no fake diet foods....all foods cooked from scratch (SO not a fan of that).......but the inflammation in my body has really been minimized, and I feel REALLY good!  I will try to stay with it for the full 28 days.....then re-evaluate.

So many posts, I am not going to try to comment on them. Just know even though I am not posting, my thoughts are with you dear, dear women EVERY SINGLE day!   So very thankful to have you in my life.....even if FBC brought us together!  Giant (((HUGS))) for ALL of you!  XO

• Jeannie57
    edited April 2014

Movie, I'm so sorry about your mom. I hope your time in Colorado is lovely. Glad you feel healthier, too.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited April 2014

movie, nice to hear from you! The diet sounds awesome and awful at the same time! Lol enjoy your break from home.

Janet, glad you weren't traumatized from the broken egg picture. Lol

Zen, I agree. You are absolutely beautiful! Love the short hair. I have such a mess of chemo curls I'm starting to feel like Shirley temple. They are out of control! Never had curly hair so no idea how to tame them. Hubby is always saying,"you should brush your hair before we go out"  .....but I did just brush it!

Need everyone in my pockets today, Monday, and Tuesday. Lots of scary testing and appointments. 

Love to all and have a good weekend.keep the spring pictures, cute babies and pets coming. Always nice to see a happy pic.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited April 2014

aww movie....hugs, just hugs, hugs, hugs and more hugs. It is amazing how dedicated you are to your mom, even though she may not be able to express it, I'm sure at some level, she feels your love and care and kindness. ENJOY Colorado....run away and RELAX!!! 

That food plan sounds pretty "clean"....I confess though, I could not do the no caffeine no sugar....I want that cup of coffee in the morning. Today it might well be two cups...as I sit here and....watch....it.....SNOW!!!! SERIOUSLY????

Fierce....put on the suspenders, cause those pockets will be heavy with us...sending hugs and prayers. Here's a little "something" for you...

Love to all.

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited April 2014

FBB, just turned my ankle on the tennis court this morning. Will camp in your pocket for as long as you want.

• jlbloom
    jlbloom Member Posts: 126
    edited April 2014

FBlueBird, climbing in with the rest of the group.  Nihahi, you have the nicest pictures.  Snow?  Really?  Morningsun, sorry about the ankle.  Jeannie, I think that still makes you our resident fly fishing expert.  Movie, I hope you get a break.  That is SO stressful.  I would have to have a break from no coffee and no sweetener, too.  Zenful, only a few can be so beautiful with a boy cut.  It sounds wonderful.  Until I can stay on Movie's metabolism diet for about six months, it is not in my plans.  Yes, a great amount of time is wasted on doing hair.  I had to explain FBC to my husband last night.  He wanted to know why I was whispering.  F isn't part of my normal vocabulary, but it is the correct adjective for BC.  Have a great Friday, my friends.  ...Julie

• Jeannie57
    edited April 2014

Fierce, I'm jumping in those pockets and won't leave --you'll have to kick me out! Seriously, praying for the best results and news. You are FIERCE! HUGS!

Tammy, sorry about your ankle. That can be so frustrating when you just want to get  out there.

Nihahi, I wish I could press the "thaw" button for you and keep that white stuff away until next winter. You have mental fortitude to be able to endure that! I know I should be grateful for the rain here, and I am, but it gets tiresome, too.

Hubs has a phone interview in half an hour, all day interviews with the company he wants on Monday and an interview with another company on Tuesday. That sure helps keep the spirits up! He is so awesome. He rarely gets discouraged and maintains an optimistic attitude. As you know, I tend to go the other way sometimes. I can't imagine how hard it would be if he wasn't handling everything as well as he is. He knows, too, that he has to let positive energy come across in these interviews. His brother in California was laid off two weeks ago and found a job already. Happy for him but, really???  My husband reminds me that he, my DH, is higher up the food chain than his brother so jobs are harder to come by.

So, just welcoming today as a gift to be unwrapped. Part of it will be unwrapped in the Y pool as I'm meeting a friend to goof around in there. I hope she wants to run laps! I know we'll be laughing so that's good.

You all have been such an important part of my healing as I go through these hard things of life. My support group! I can't imagine how hard it would have been to keep moving  through without your encouragement. The month of May brings more challenges as I have my MO appt., a colonoscopy (please let my eyes be ok! I know, weird, right?) and probably help my parents make the big move into a senior facility in San Diego. Fun things, too, like the fly-fishing fundraising brunch, the MG plant sale, Mother's Day. I was going to say my dad's birthday but my aunt tragically died on his birthday last year so I know my mom will be struggling. I will probably be with them then. Still, it's good to look forward and push the fears down into their "box" where they belong.

I hope you don't have eye strain after reading this! Hugs to all.

• Jeannie57
    edited April 2014

Julie, I feel the same way about the F in FBC. New to me but so appropriate. I swear like a sailor now but so far, only at home!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited April 2014

FBB, in your pocket for every test and appointment. Hear you about the hair. I thought mine was looking okay until my kids told me last weekend that they liked it better when it was pixie short after chemo - go figure. Maybe I should just do what Zenful is doing, and cut it all off. It is a very easy style to maintain.

Movie, you deserve a break, for sure! Enjoy Colorado, and recharge those batteries. You are an amazing, wonderful daughter to your mother. Not many people are willing to do what you are doing. 

Jeannie and jbloom, the f-word is also not in my vocabulary, but in this instance it is totally appropriate. FBC. Holding fingers crossed for DH, Jeannie.

Tammy, sorry to hear about the ankle - take care. DH sprained his ankle on the tennis court so many times that he had to get surgery.

Nihahi, beautiful photo. You are quite the photographer, you. Keep 'em coming!

A very good weekend to everybody! We're going to a 50's party tonight. Got myself a $7 long blonde wig. DH will be wearing my cancer wig jelled back like Elvis Presley. Seeing that he's completely bald, that will be really interesting - LOL.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited April 2014

Liefie, I don't know if anyone answered your photo question, but here goes.  

To get a photo from facebook to your computer, hover your curser over the photo and right click.  Click "save as" and then choose the file in your computer you want to put the photo.  Name it something you can remember, too, and a date helps.  Like "Picnic with Godzilla 42014". 

Once you've saved the photo to your computer, then you can come here and click the "insert image" button, and then "choose file."  It will take you to your computer, where you can find and click on "Picnic with Godzilla" for all of us to see.

Hope that helps!  Katy

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited April 2014

Tammy sorry that ankle has you chained to the bridge table.

FBB glad you have adjustable pockets so they don't get too tight for all of us.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited April 2014

Movie- it is so difficult dealing with aging parents. You definitely need that escape and don't feel guilty about it. Have a great time.

Jeannie- iIf you can't touch the fish, how does it get off the line. Does the cute guide do it? Sounds encouraging for your hubby. That positive energy will definitely flow forward.

Zenful- I love, love your look. I never lost my hair so I have no idea what short would look like. I have always had longer hair. I spend A LOT of money on it. Lucky you.

I think FBC fits this so well. I can't say I don't ever use that word. It can just so fit at times, but only in front of hubby. I have been known to have a potty mouth once in a while. (Not publicly) 

Thinking of all going through so much right now. Thank goodness we have each other.

• Zenful
    Zenful Member Posts: 394
    edited April 2014

In your pockets, FBB.  

FBC just isn't appropriately conveyed without the F.

Jeannie, still praying for you and your hubby. 

Liefie and Cherrie,  we could have a "hair cutting party" in September. It could be equally as liberating as girdle burning!

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

hehehehe......I'm starting to think we need to invoke the rule of "what happens at Mt. Hood....STAYS at Mt. Hood"! 

Now I soooo wish I asked them to save the alien implant for me.....I would love to have that to add to the burn pile!!!!

oops.....forgot to add.....MorningSun....soo sorry about the ankle...take care of it, ok!!! 

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited April 2014

We will be burning compression garments, drinking wine, and saying FBC. Hope our neighbors are not close. Ladies Gone Wild! Maybe it will become a reality show. 

• FierceBluebird
    edited April 2014

morningsun, ice and rest your ankle!  I once "forced" my son to play a game of tennis with me for fun, (trying to get him off his xbox) and he turned his ankle. I felt so bad! 

Liefie, we need to see pics!

Fingers and toes still crossed for Jeannie's DH.

One day of testing down two more to go. Lots of cussing coming out of one pocket. The other has quieter potty mouths that whisper. Makes me laugh!

Have a great weekend all!

• liefie
    edited April 2014

Thanks for photo advice Sbe and everybody else. Now I must just 'screw your courage to the sticking place' a la Shakespeare's Lady Macbeth, and take the leap.

FBB, I absolutely love, love, love your tag line. It says a lot about you, brave warrior sister!

Nihahi, I think you have a valid point. When we leave Mt. Hood, everything stays behind except us and our luggage - hahahaaaa!

Had a blast at the 50's party last night. DH had my cancer wig on, and making the curl on the forehead proved to be problematic, but who cares? It was a very enjoyable evening with good company, good food, and lots of dancing to rock and roll music. Lovely. DH is doing an ER session this morning, and put the wig on again to go to work. Seeing that he is totally bald, the nurses had a very good laugh when he arrived at the hospital . . . lol.

• liefie
    edited April 2014

• liefie
    edited April 2014

YAYYYYY! I did it on my own - so proud of myself. Thanks you guys! Would never have been able to do this without your help and advice. Here's Emily again smiling at G

randpa last weekend.

• Jeannie57
    edited April 2014

Liefie, what a beauty! Love what she's wearing, too. Smothered with Grandma's kisses.

• liefie
    edited April 2014

Jeannie, thanks! On the backside that onesie has another kiss right on the bum which says,'And here too' - it was too cute, I could not resist. Now I want to post one more photo of the party last night, but it just will not work. Oh well, I will try later. Enough success for one day!

• Kat-ski
    Kat-ski Member Posts: 63
    edited April 2014

Such a precious baby, Lifie!!  I hope you live close by because little ones change day to day!!  I miss my grandsons(4 of them) due to them living in other states.  My youngest girl at 31 has declared no babies but I think it is the guy who she is dating and he has 2 girls.  So, we will see what happens in the future but if that is what she wants, then so be it.  I don't interfere with my girls choices in life unless it is life-threatening.  Never have never will.  They get that from their Aunt, my sister. lol

• liefie
    edited April 2014

Kat-ski, unfortunately the little one is a plane ride away in another province of Canada, and sadly I am missing a lot. My DD and I are plotting and planning behind the men's backs though . . . they moved into a house shortly before Em was born. She needs lots of curtains, and I can make them. So as soon as she has acquired the fabrics, my sewing machine and I will be on the plane. It is such fun to help her decorate her house, and the best part of course is that little Em is there too - LOL. I hear you about interfering with kids' choices. Once they are adults, it's best to let them be. Very hard sometimes, eh?

• liefie
    edited April 2014

Hubs and I at the 50's party last night, false eyelashes, plastic Walmart jewellery, and crazy wigs - it was such fun to dress up!

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

Dimples???? do I detect dimples on little Em???? I just love babies with dimples!!!! Thank you for sharing those adorable photos, and the great one of you and hubby too!

jeannie....my "fortitude" is slipping away....a group of us went out to a golf club demo event today.....snowed out and rescheduled....sigh...Sad

• Janet_M
    Janet_M Member Posts: 500
    edited April 2014

Fierce - I will be in with you tomorrow and Tuesday for your scary tests. If your pocket is jammed - I'll be sending all the calm strong energy I can muster and sending it your way. 

And okay - I confess. I was slightly traumatized by the eggs picture. Those are my people, afterall. 

Liefie - Emily is a beauty, as are you and your husband in your 50's gear. Though at first glance, I thought he was David Bowie with a bad dye job. More importantly, you look so full of life. That's always the most beautiful thing to see.

Janet

• FierceBluebird
    edited April 2014

Great photos today! Adorable baby and funny party! 

I am living life  vicariously right now!

• nihahi
    edited April 2014

From another thread, and too cute to pass up:

As previously confessed, my fortitude slipped last night (I'm blaming the weather) and every now and then you just have to "let go"....so my band would be called:

BLUE POTATO CHIP! Nerdy

Has a rather nice ring to it, doncha think 

edited to add: That was last night's food.....I'm back on the wagon this morning and don't count coffee as something I've "eaten".