Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

anyone using essential oils for cancer?

Options

Comments

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    edited September 2017
    Options

I don't believe all docs are tied into the pharmaceutical industry. There is no solid research on EOs. That's a fact. So yeah, mine know some but don't endorse it because there is no real research on it and can cause harm. The only thing natural that has solid research on is CBD for pain and healing. Lot's of good stuff on that which helps so many with many things. So as with rx meds, proceed perhaps with even more caution with alternative meds.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited September 2017
    Options

Artista, and exercise. There is solid evidence to back the health benefits of exercise, including in the context of breast cancer. I know it is not a pill, but still.

I saw an article on homeopathy the other day. Just in the EU and just for homeopathy, the annual sales are around 1 billion euros. This is every bit as much a business as dreaded "Big Pharma." The only difference is that the sellers of homeopathy, essential oils, supplements etc., are much less regulated and don't have to do all the research that actual pharma companies have to do.

• Artista928
    edited September 2017
    Options

Momine, yes, exercise.

• Momine
    edited September 2017
    Options

Artista, yeah, I know it is my hobby horse, but I think it is so important to bang the drum for this simple, and proven, way to reduce risk. It doesn't cost any money to go for a walk or do some yoga in your living room.

Of course, it is harder in some ways to commit to doing some exercise than it is to just down some pill or potion. But the upside is increased overall well-being.

• Artista928
    edited September 2017
    Options

I'm grateful for the pills. I'm very obese and have severe osteoarthritic knees. I can barely get down the mountain of steps from my apt. I'm sure there are others worse off than me. People assume you don't exercise because it's work or you're lazy. Some of us really can't do much. Walking the isles of Safeway to do shopping using my cart as a crutch is about the best I can do. So there's something for everyone thankfully to try and keep ourselves in remission.

• Momine
    edited September 2017
    Options

Artista, I didn't mean it that way at all, and sorry if it came across as such. I know that exercise is not realistic for some of us. I am also thankful for the pills. In this context I meant more supplements, when I said "pills."

• Artista928
    edited September 2017
    Options

No problem Momine. I certainly am not anti-treating cancer naturally with diet and exercise, which both have been strongly proven to reduce risk. And for those who go the EO/alternative medicine route only, it's not for me to say. Hell if I was DCIS or stage 1 as it seems those who are only doing this are, and was thin since fat does help create aromatase, I'd probably can it if Tamox wasn't so kind to me. Everyone needs to decide for themselves and not look back and say what if.

• Momine
    edited September 2017
    Options

Artista, thanks! Of course, with my profile, I am doing all of it, diet, exercise, AI etc. I was really just trying to get at the fact that I feel bad when I see people chasing supplements, taking countless ointments and other things, often at great expense, most of which (not all) have not been shown to do much of anything against cancer. Whereas, something as simple as going for a decent walk every day has been shown to have real benefit.

• Artista928
    edited September 2017
    Options

I've been there though with natural hair loss products and oils. I have female pattern alopecia long before bc. I searched everything and tried anything and everything anyone in my shoes suggested. In the end nothing worked. I may gotten a few more sprouts but years later, I'm now using X-Fusion hair fibers to fill in the balding/thinning areas. I would hate to add up the $ I spent on shampoos, conditioners, txs, EOs etc over the years only to wind up no change and the only thing making my hair look full is these tiny hair fibers that adhere to your hair strands at the scalp.

• 53nancy
    53nancy Member Posts: 295
    edited September 2017
    Options

kbram, I use a q-tip to apply Oregano Oil or Tea Tree to the toenail. It is best to first a carrier oil, i.e. Coconut, as some oils can burn. It may take a while, but it will work. I no longer ingest. Applying carrier oil to the bottoms of your feet, then using a therapeutic grade of essential oils is a good way for your body to benefit from them. One or two drops will suffice.

Nancy618, I no longer ingest the oils and I do dilute

• kbram
    kbram Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2017
    Options

Nancy, thanks so much!  I will give it a try.  If it works, he will be thrilled!

Kathy

• 53nancy
    edited September 2017
    Options

kbram, hope it woorks.

• 53nancy
    edited September 2017
    Options

SusueM49, did you use oils during treatment

• kbram
    kbram Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2017
    Options

Nancy, do you have a particular brand of oil you use?  How do I know a good quality oil from those that are not?  I am so new to all of this!  Thanks for any help you can offer!

Kathy

• 53nancy
    edited September 2017
    Options

kbram, I use Young Living. We Are not home right now, but if you are interested please message or email me at michelenancy@yahoo.ca

• Nancy618
    Nancy618 Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2017
    Options

I used to use Young Living...don't anymore. Had several very bad experiences with them.

I use Edens Garden. Third party testing, they don't hide anything, they are not a multi level marketing company so prices are reasonable, they promote safe usage, and yes they are quality oils. Please check out their website. I have no "stock" in them except that they are honest and reveal all their testing, tell you exactly what is in each blend, tell you how to safely use it, and they also offer free shipping.

There are two Nancys here now, so it would help to use our full screen names when addressing us so we don't get confused. :-)

• Nancy618
    edited September 2017
    Options

kbram, be careful with oregano...it is a "hot" oil and it WILL burn skin. Please see the chart I am posting.

My previous post with some charts on maximal dermal limits and dilutions has disappeared oddly enough.

• 53nancy
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thank you, Nancy618. I had checked out Eden Oils but didn't care for smell. Have used some NOW oils and looking at Aura Cacia which are both available in Canada. To order from the U.S. is so costly with dollar difference. I have never had a problem with YL so far. Have a great day

• 53nancy
    edited September 2017
    Options

Nancy618, I have sent you a private messsage. I apologize if it went through twice!

• Nancy618
    edited October 2017
    Options

I'm not sure about the quality of Aura Cacia, but I've started using their Pillow Potion diffused at night and FINALLY I am sleeping well again. Even if I wake up early,I can go back to sleep. I was getting 5-6 hours of sleep a night if I was lucky....now I'm getting at least 7.

• 53nancy
    edited October 2017
    Options

Nancy618, I will consider that one fir my next order. Right now I am diffusing NOW Brand Peaceful Night and sometimes add NOW Peace and Harmony

• catherinejane
    catherinejane Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    Options

I know this is an old post but I was just reading through the thread. I just purchased some Young Living oils and I was wanting to make sure nothing was contraindicated. Your post jumped out because it was like reading my own story. I have a tear in my hip and trying to avoid surgery. Physical therapy helping some and pain lessened. However, when I went to an Oils presentation, I figured it couldn’t hurt. Now two plus years later, how is your hip

• Nancy618
    edited January 2018
    Options

You can save lots of money by using a non-MLM company for your essential oils.

Take a look around the Edens Garden website. They have LOTS of information as well as a Facebook page dedicated to safe use of essential oils

• 53nancy
    edited January 2018
    Options

Nancy618 and catherinejane, I have withdrawn from my membership with YL because of high costs, and am still looking around. I am not overly impressed by NOW oils, which are available in Canada. If I can find a place that offers Edens Garden at a decent Canadian dollar price, I will try them

• Nancy618
    edited January 2018
    Options

I have broken all ties with YL. I won't go into details, but I would never, ever purchase from them again.

Edens Garden does ship to Canada, but it's not free like it is to the US.

Canada • USPS Priority With Tracking • (4-8 business days)

0.0 lb - 0.5 lb = $6.95
    0.5 lb - 1.0 lb = $9.95
    1.0 lb - 2.0 lb = $17.95
    2.0 lb - 3.0 lb = $22.95
    3.0 lb - 4.4 lb = $29.95
    4.4 lb - 10.0 lb = $49.95
    10.0 lb - 15.0 lb = $65.95
    15.0 lb - 50.0 lb = $99.95

• MamaFelice
    MamaFelice Member Posts: 165
    edited January 2018
    Options

catherinejane-- I see you have not posted on BCO in quite sometime. You mention you have been using the oils for 2 years now-- is that right? Have you felt it has helped with managing your BC, or how do you practice essential oils? I see from your signature that you have mets....was that at original time of diagnosis or happened later? I am one week from finishing my chemo and debating xeloda or oopherectomy..... seems to be so many choices on the medicine train, and I too like to use natural methods to help me heal too. I diffuse frankincense daily and made a rollerball of frankincense and myrrh that I rub on my nodes. Would love to hear how you have used oils or other treatments-- thanks and healthy wishes to you

• Nancy618
    edited January 2018
    Options

Frankincense and Myrrh combination is a great anti-inflammatory.

• 53nancy
    edited January 2018
    Options

Nancy618, I love Frankincense and Myrhh and am looking firward to using them again once I am totally healed from radiation therapy. I have found a Canadian company (a single store about 100 miles from here) that sells it's oils at a local farm supply store in our town. They have an oil similar to YL Thieves for less than half the cost with no S&H, 10 ml as opposed to 15 ml. They had a tester and it smells great; I am looking forward to diffusing tonight. I have checked out Eden's Garden on Amazon.ca but don't know if that is a safe source to order from. Prices seem reasonable enough.

• Nancy618
    edited January 2018
    Options

Interesting article with research for those who are using frankincense essential oil for cancer prevention.

http://tisserandinstitute.org/frankincense-oil-and-cancer-in-perspective/

• Nancy618
    edited January 2018
    Options

53Nancy,

I sure would give the Edens Garden through Amazon a try. They may do that to make it more affordable for Canadian essential oil users.