Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stupid comments ....

Options

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015
    Options

Um, DaisyLover. OMG. Speechless.

• RaiderGirl
    RaiderGirl Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2015
    Options

Gliennie19 A person can have lympedemia with just one lymph removed (or damaged by rads) . Yes, Daytona Beach area.

Hopeful8201 I think the path report gets in Thursday/Friday. If it comes in malignant I am lying to my DH until Monday. We are going to see Elton John saturday night as our mutual birthday gifts and I wont ruin that for him. If its clear then we will celebrate.SillyHeart

LaStar If its not real cancer than perhaps she wont mind if you wish it on her.

Jackiebirdie I am impressed that anyone even knows what a Pimp Slap is. I thought that was an inner city thing only. Aren't we all so worldly.

I am feeling physically better today. Amazing what a bit of rest and chocolate brownies can do.

• Beachbum1023
    Beachbum1023 Member Posts: 364
    edited March 2015
    Options

daisylover, unreal he would say that to a patient! JUNK PUNCH!

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    edited March 2015
    Options

Daisy lover- I am also speechless. A new low.

RaiderG- can't say I'm THAT worldly! I learned it from you hahaha! Glad you feel better today. Yay for rest and brownies! An early Happy Birthday to you, and have a great time with EJ. Hope it's a GREAT great time

Continuing to laugh and cry. Simultaneously.

• RaiderGirl
    edited March 2015
    Options

Daisylover

Oh no he did not! I am reeling from your post.

Of all the stupid comments this one wins the prize. It was cruel, cold and heartless. He may be a brilliant MD but he is a Class A D*ckhead and A**hol*. You should have contacted Dana Farber and copied him in the letter.

I am sorry you were subjected to him.

Today I received a survey from the hospital asking to rate my experience. It can be anonymous reply. They ask things such if I felt cared for, if I felt safe, were my questioned answered, did anyone do anything particularly commendable, what would I like to see change....etc.

They may actually use the information, at the least I feel like I am worth a postage stamp.

• Jackbirdie
    edited March 2015
    Options

agree with every word RG just wrote. I feel my verbal filter disintegrating.....this a-h should be reporte

• morwenna
    morwenna Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015
    Options

I too am laughing out loud with tears in my eyes reading the last few posts.

It is. Un.fucking.believable, some of the comments, ... and from so-called healthCARE workers??? I mean its bad enough when Joe public gets foot in mouth syndrome, but these people REALLY should know better!

• RaiderGirl
    edited March 2015
    Options

Mowenna

Oh goodie, someone who cusses on here without asterisks.

Im lov'in it.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited March 2015
    Options

Daisylover,, I too am completely speechless by that remark.  So glad you fired him!!

RG:   enjoy Elton John, and Happy Birthday to both of you

• morwenna
    edited March 2015
    Options

If I did that on the equivalent UK site, I would get a strongly worded email of reprimand from the mods!

I'm just enjoying freedom of speech, .... plus the tourette's that I seem to have developed since my cancer diagnosis! :p

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow...just wow....

• daisylover
    daisylover Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2015
    Options

RaiderGirl,

I like the idea of surveys for input - have never received one from DF... I have received a few surveys from our local hospital. I thought about writing DF, but this guy is pretty connected and when I asked to switch, they gave me his protege... DF has a policy of only one switch... I could have moved to Mass General, but their tumor board wanted me to do chemo and extensive radiation (a very different treatment plan). I was honestly fragile when he said that and not up for any confrontation. Actually, at first, I felt like crying whenever I thought about it... you know that early phase when your emotions seem so volatile? I pretty much felt unworthy and invaluable during that time...

You are definitely worth a stamp! It's good to be reminded that these institutions exist to serve/support patients.

• hummingbirdlover
    hummingbirdlover Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2015
    Options

Daiseylover, are you kidding me? Unbelievable!!

• RaiderGirl
    edited March 2015
    Options

DaisyLover

I bet DF would have made an exception about swtiching. Really I was not kidding, your post takes the prize for worst comment EVER because most stupid comments could have had a good intention or perhaps the person was insensitive at the moment.

Dr.D*ckhead however is a professional and his intentions were exactly what he said. He pretty much told you to f8ck off..

I know about the crying. I cried a river. Most of what I cried about passed but we don't know and the unknown is so freakin scary.

Morwenna, Glad you have developed a special type of tourrents that helps release the pent up hostilities. As for freedom of speech, you may want to cut a letter or two out. I have NO issues at all, but some ladies here do and you might get a hand slap from the mods. If you private me feel free to use all the letters. LOL

• morwenna
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well, I fail to see how substituting an *, or any other symbol or letter makes a swear word any less offensive.

Oh well. I guess I consider myself reprimanded.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2015
    Options

Daisylover I have renamed these Medicos whom I don't feel deserve the title of Doctor, to Dicktor. It makes me feel better, it especially suits the ones who open their mouth, to change feet!

• hopeful82014
    hopeful82014 Member Posts: 887
    edited March 2015
    Options

Morwenna, PLEASE don't feel reprimanded!! I am pretty sure that wasn't RG's intent and I am also sure than none of us minded - did we, ladies??

I think we were, at most, a bit surprised the the MODS didn't step in with some tsk, tsking.

I'm pretty clean in my speech and writing but I cut everyone here a lot of slack, as long as no one's ganging up on anyone else, and I really do NOT care that you used the full, complete F word.

Ariom, I like your approach. :)

• Jackbirdie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Morwenna, you are hilarious! I am certainly not offended. More like jealous over your command of the King's English, so to speak!

I feel that those wholly ignorant and insensitive comments made by someone who can't possibly be considered a "brilliant" doctor (because, among other reasons, is not part of the Hippocratic oath to DO NO HARM?), merited strong language. It isn't used gratuitously here by anyone. But it was called for in this situation and perhaps, therefore, allowed some leeway.

And Kayb, put me on the list of donors when it comes time to send that basket of rotten fruit. LOVED THAT IDEA!!! I'd fly to his office at Christmastime, if I could, and deliver it personally, along with a well-earned JUNK PUNCH

• Ariom
    edited March 2015
    Options

Morwenna, I don't think RG was reprimanding you either:) I am possibly one of the worst "Gutter Gums" here, a name bestowed on me by an ex husband. I don't usually type the ** in my expletives either but I never, ever, mean to offend anyone.

The Mods are great, but they'd come down hard, if it was actually directed at someone in a malicious way, or if reported.

Thank you Hopeful:)

• MsPharoah
    MsPharoah Member Posts: 224
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ariom...."Diktor"....that is so awesome, stealing that one for sure. What I do is start calling my patronizing "doctors" by their first names, preferably the nickname version Dr. Lawrence XXX, MD is Larry...., Dr Rebecca XXXX, MD is Becky, etc. At my advanced age, I find that I am able to get away with this...but I do get the appropriate shocked reaction.

I recently moved and have a new oncologist. I pre-delivered reams of clinical notes to his office and soft copies of test results, etc. and that man knew everything about me. He also gave me the most thorough physical examination I have ever had. (And he was really cute too, so that was a bonus.)

RG, have fun at the Elton John concert and I am sending good vibes your way for good results from your biopsy.

Morwenna, I try not to use correctly spelled cuss words because it helps me keep up the charade that I am a lady. LOL

• RaiderGirl
    edited March 2015
    Options

Not reprimanded by me. Fuck is fuck whether with an asterisk or not. I just wanted to warn ( inform) (say) that some may object.

Oh sh*t, now I"m in trouble too.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2015
    Options

I would also like to request more swearing. Morwenna! You are embraced by us, just as you are.

M is my bestie, and you do not know the half of her foul mouth! We have also been known to call a rogue 'health-care worker' a Fuckwit. Or, wait, I think it might be Fucktard.

Example sentence: If that Fucktard thinks I'm going to come to his 'survivorship appointment,' he's got another think coming.

I can't fully put into words how I feel about the Mods. They have been there for some of my besties in a way I never imagined. I think they are similar to superheroes. I would not be afraid of them.

XXX

• Ariom
    edited March 2015
    Options

Bahaha, RG! All the best for your results and enjoy the concert. I have seen him a few times in Aus, the ultimate professional, showman!

MsPharoah, you're welcome! I like your style! calling them by their shortened, probably childhood names, is priceless!

My husband is a C5/6 quadriplegic from a hang gliding accident when he was just 20, so in close to 40 years, he has had his fair share of Diktors, and he takes no crap, from anyone. His line to one particularly disparaging one was, "I sub contract my medical care to you, so you are a contractor! Imagine deer, in headlights!

• Ariom
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yay Bobo! Thank you, I will take that as a compliment! Another 2 of my fave words! They are just so descriptive aren't they?

• hopeful82014
    hopeful82014 Member Posts: 887
    edited March 2015
    Options

"Gutter Gums" - that's a new one to me - I can hardly wait to use it! Thanks, Ariom.

• Jackbirdie
    edited March 2015
    Options

it is truly amazing all the useful non bc stuff I am learning! Roflmfao har. Maybe I will become a better person. Teehee

• NurseShark
    NurseShark Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2015
    Options

caught major attitude from HR person at work when I said I planned to stay out until after rads. ..lol she told me plenty of people are able to modify schedule to work through it. I think this board is rubbing off on me because I responded: Well I have 6 more weeks to recover from getting my breasts cut off ...you can test run getting radiation and working 12h shifts on my unit in the mean time and let me know how "do-able" it is. Same f'ing lady gave me crap about being going out while getting chemo . (I am a nurse at the bedside how the hell am I supposed to care for people when I feel like shit

I hope I have a job still:0!!

• daisylover
    edited March 2015
    Options

I love you all! As I posted, I was still fragile at that early point in my cancer treatment... Now, I look back and just shack my head. I can picture him getting chuckles from colleagues at a party? My surgeon at the time had one word for him - "arrogant". She is the one who told me about his fruit baskets :)

Kayb, Would love to send a rotten fruit basket - still smiling here... It's ironic that he travels the world to make presentations representing Dana Farber...

BeachBum & Jackbirdie, would like to be there for the Junk Punch.

Ariom, truly a Dicktor, happily no longer mine.

Since being diagnosed, "crap" has become a staple in my vocabulary. Just love the way it sounds. I never used to swear...

Thanks to all - I felt pretty low during that period... Your responses have made me laugh and smile.

• Beachbum1023
    Beachbum1023 Member Posts: 364
    edited March 2015
    Options

daisylover, You know we never walk alone here, we may be laughing or crying but we are never alone! We have all come so far, and we can still shake it off or let it go. But we will put on our cancer killing butt kicking boots and stomp on.

NurseShark, I get the job thing, I no longer have mine. But it is a opportunity to move on as soon as I finish rads. When I think about the battle to win this war, the job is a tiny portion of who I am. And this is so much more important than what I was doing. So upsetting yes, but it is not life or death. Cancer is.

Hopeful and Birdie, I hope you are doing blank well. And I cannot talk about blank BC with out saying blank. I seem to have misplaced my blank mouth filter. And I don't care............

They say we learn something new every day, and today is gutter gums! Yesterday was junk punch! Keep them coming Ladies!

• daisylover
    edited March 2015
    Options

Kayb, You are hysterical. Laughing out loud...