Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stupid comments ....

Options

Comments

• RaiderGirl
    RaiderGirl Member Posts: 235
    edited February 2015
    Options

shelly

Yours aint too bad either.

• morwenna
    morwenna Member Posts: 204
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hope all goes well on Friday RG xxx

• MsPharoah
    MsPharoah Member Posts: 224
    edited February 2015
    Options

Very much enjoying this thread. Some of the posts make me laugh and some truly make me sad. For all the women who have endured insensitive and rude comments, sending out a giant hug and if you want me to junk punch anyone, just let me know.

So brothers, we gotta luv 'em right??? I was diagnosed around Christmas time and we have a family get together each year, so all my sisters, brothers, nephews, nieces, etc. knew I was diagnosed. For the most part, my diagnosis caused attendance to be way up.....I'm sure everyone thought this might be the last time they see me alive??? But the kicker was when one brother pulled me aside to tell me that I shouldn't have surgery because it would spread the cancer and the other pulled me aside to tell me how good it was that I was the sister with the cancer since I was the " strong one " Yep, strong enough to kick your a$$. None of my 4 sisters misbehaved.

MsP

• lastar
    lastar Member Posts: 551
    edited February 2015
    Options

My new challenge is to work the term "junk punch" into conversationHappy. It shouldn't be hard. Thanks for the laugh, MsPharoah! I hope your brothers are looking over their shoulders.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015
    Options

Ms. Pharoah! You make me laugh with delight! And yet, I hope you are serious. I will get a list together for you asap, and I hope you will begin junk-punching immediately! XXX

• rleepac
    rleepac Member Posts: 193
    edited February 2015
    Options

I don't know...my brother is a cop. A junk-punch might not work out so well for me LoL

Being the smallest of all my siblings, I have had to learn that fighting fair is overrated

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

rlee, don't you do it. Have Ms. P do it for you!

:)

• MsPharoah
    MsPharoah Member Posts: 224
    edited February 2015
    Options

Rlee, I would be honored to teach your cop brother a lesson! Sometimes though, the threat of a junk punch is enough to get an apology. I would also like to add that although females don't have "traditional" junk, they do have lady junk that can be punched as well...and just as effective.

Love and hugs, MsP

• rleepac
    rleepac Member Posts: 193
    edited February 2015
    Options

Thanks MsP! Oh I know we have lady junk...I took Krav Maga classes and we had to wear 'lady cups' (looked more like a firm diaper LoL) or we weren't allowed to participate! If I need help with my bro - you'll be the first one I call :)

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

Ms. P., you are fierce, no doubt, and you are also funny and we are all teasing, and yet... you are a blessing to me. You have made me smile.

:)

• Stacie13
    Stacie13 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2015
    Options

I've have another "dumb ass"  she referred to it as a joke. This posted on my Facebook:

Keep your chin up, otherwise your just looking at your boobs. WTF??

So I responded, "not if you had a mastectomy".

My Facebook about blew up. I was told I was over reacting, I took it waaay to personal, that the joke had nothing to do with breast cancer, that they do know how I feel, because they know people that have had breast cancer.....Blah blah blah.

Sometimes I want to dig a hole, get in and hide for a while.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

Stacie -- OMG. Delete Facebook. XXX

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204
    edited February 2015
    Options

Brothers - blah! I told my brother how hard it is to live with this hanging over your head and he said, "Yeah, and I could be hit by a bus tomorrow. You don't see me worrying."

Ms P? Got another brother that needs some attitude adjustment! :)

• Stacie13
    edited February 2015
    Options

bobogirl, I simply cant let them win, but kind of feels like I'm trying to educate a door knob.

Now I've been accused of having a mental disorder and perhaps I need meds. HUH???

• Finallyme53
    Finallyme53 Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2015
    Options

The first thing one of my sisters said to me after diagnosis in an extremely perky tone was 'now you get to pick whatever sized boobs you want!' She had bugged me all my life about being small breasted - this was going to fix everything, yay!

Oh, and the best one from several people - oh you only have DC - you don't have real cancer! (I might also mention that my brother died of brain cancer a few years prior to my diagnosis and I was scared s..tless of the 'c' word. Anyone who knew me knew about his death).

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    Options

Ms. P to the rescue!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 955
    edited February 2015
    Options

I didn't delete my FB account, but I did "unfriend" a couple of people who posted thoughtless stuff. 

Remember the thing going around a couple of years ago about the "Mayo Diet" and how it can prevent cancer?  It was a hoax, but there were people who re-posted it on their own message boards with comments like "time to cut the crap!" 

Adios...

• Beachbum1023
    Beachbum1023 Member Posts: 364
    edited February 2015
    Options

OMG! So let's start digging a hole, for them! They should not be above ground!

Facebook - unfriend them, they are not anyone's friend!

Really a boob job fixes cancer? We are not a Build A Bear! You can't just add boobs.

Get hit by bus, why worry?? Send him a bus schedule, I would hate for him to miss it!

Not real cancer? Great I will take the decaf chemo please! Or give them a gift certificate to the infusion lab.

Goodness! We just can't fix stupid.

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited February 2015
    Options

I swear the general public believes breast cancer is no big deal anymore! Hello people, we are dying from breast cancer.

• Beachbum1023
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi meow, we may be dying from breast cancer, but not today or tomorrow! Or any time soon for that matter. I think we should stand our ground, and they can guess. I wonder how they would feel to be us?

• TortyLass
    TortyLass Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2015
    Options

FinallyMe53 - I had a very similar statement from my SIL (who recently bought herself a new set of "C+" cups and shows them off to any/everyone). "you can get a pair of nice perky ones now like mine!" I replied "Thanks for trying to find silver linings, but it really isn't the same thing at all..". FACEPALM!!!!

• Stacie13
    edited February 2015
    Options

Beachbum1023 HIGH FIVE! Your post made me laugh. Thank you

• hopeful82014
    hopeful82014 Member Posts: 887
    edited February 2015
    Options

Beachbum, thank you for a good laugh. In fact, I owe all of you for therapy this p.m. Canuck Mom, I hope you've found a new naturopath? That garbage about cancer being a gift always hits me the wrong way no matter how many times I hear it.

I think LAStar and MsP make quite the cyber team. Their combined efforts should go quite a ways towards lowering the stupidity quotient in this nation. (And not a moment to soon...)

• CanuckMom
    CanuckMom Member Posts: 143
    edited February 2015
    Options

So the Facebook thing reminded me that when I was going through Chemo, my own sister posted an article on my timeline "Run from the Cure"....was all about how chemotherary kills people and to cure yourself naturally, blah blah.  Man was I pissed off at that one.  Why would she post that on my timeline when I'm going through Chemo????!!!

I would love to see how these people would react to their own cancer (if they got it)...not that I wish this on anyone.  I have a doctor who said she knew a lady that wrote a book on how to cure ovarian cancer naturally without chemo, etc.  Then she got ovarian cancer and did the whole conventional tx of chemo, etc....not so easy when its your own life on the line......end of rant.

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited February 2015
    Options

oh I heard that garbage from SIL maybe this cancer is a blessing that will bring you closer to my brother. Really????

• Beachbum1023
    edited February 2015
    Options

Thank You all, but we either laugh or cry and it is my mission to piss off every stupid person that makes rude, uncaring, and plain old dumb remarks!

My other favorite stupid remark is "so they got it all"? Yep chopped the whole boob off - asshole!

Ok Ladies sleep well we have to deal with this again tomorrow!

• Scwilly
    Scwilly Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2015
    Options

If cancer is a gift, it better come with a gift receipt so we can take it right back to the shops! Love this thread.

• Beachbum1023
    edited February 2015
    Options

Scwilly, how true right? Makes you wonder what Santa gave them.

• lastar
    lastar Member Posts: 551
    edited February 2015
    Options

YES on the gift receipt! Happy

I'm honored to be MsP's sidekick. I will need some junk-punch training, but I'm a quick study.

• coraleliz
    coraleliz Member Posts: 158
    edited February 2015
    Options

Next Christmas, I'm asking for a lump of coal!