Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

patty

Options

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,913
    Options

I have a lump in my throat hearing she isn’t eating anymore. 💔🤕😞😪 oh Patty. For the first time in a long long time I have nothing. And we both know I talk a lot. I love you. That I can say. Beautiful angel I love you!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

I'm so sorry....  sorry for everything happening to our Peppermint Patty...  If only she could just rest.... and go to sleep....  and have sweet dreams about her life, and everything she loves...  rest well little one...   we are here, holding you in our thoughts and heart... sweet dreams, sleep tight.... don't let the bed-bugs bite.... We love you.... xoxo

• snickersmom
    snickersmom Member Posts: 599
    Options

Thanks, Madelyn. I hope she continues to be pain-free and comfortable, and praying she will just slip away with her Guardian Angel.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,440
    Options

Always in my prayers Patty! May God grant you peace!

• Maire67
    Maire67 Member Posts: 418
    Options

sending prayers for Patty, her family and all those who care so much for her. Thank you Mominator🙏

• Vslush
    Vslush Member Posts: 117
    Options

Hi all,

I don't know Patty, and can't remember how I came across this thread, but have been reading your posts for a while.

I just wanted to say that the love and support here is incredible! Patty must be such an amazing woman to have affected so many in such a positive way. It speaks volumes of her as a person. I'm only sorry I didn't have the privilege of getting to know her. My loss, I'm quite sure.

The other thing I've witnessed in reading here, is the bond that has developed among all of you, and the rallying and support you have shown not only to Patty and her family, but each other as well. The friendships I see are stronger and deeper than most I know in the "real" world.

I'm so sorry for Patty and her loved ones. I am also sorry for all of you, as this is a sisterhood that has real feeling and love.

God bless Patty, and God bless all of you

Vickki

• micmel
    Options

Good night sweet Patty. I’ll be by for my morning visit.. until then. Gentle hugs. Rest easy beautiful..... Much love ~M~

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Just dropping by to say "Hi"

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    Options

Heart

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

That was beautiful Vslush..  You know, I never got to meet Patty either.... as a lot of us haven't, but just "talking" to her here on this thread, and teasing each other, and just getting to know each other through good and bad, sort of ties us together.  We laugh, and sometimes cry... but we really ARE good friends here, just as if we pal around together every day...

Yeah, we always hope for the best... but sometimes we just can't pull it together....  We've all lost family and friends, but once in awhile, someone comes along and just walks right over your heart...  leaves their foot-prints along-side us...  and we are their friends and "family" for life.…  

And Patty, if you are listening, meet me out on the front-porch, and we'll drink our Margarita's and yell at all the good looking guys we see walking by...  Love you to the moon... xoxo

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,935
    Options

Dear Patty, thinking of you today and know your body maybe slowing down now to prepare for this next phase. Sending you much love friend.

Thank you for sharing with us all the highs and lows along this journey. You are a strong and amazing woman and like many others here, I wish we had somehow had the chance to meet one another in this lifetime.

Blessings to you and your family Patty. Wishing you peace sister.

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,236
    Options

Thinking of Patty and sending prayers of comfort and peace.

• micmel
    Options

Good Morning Beautiful.... stopping by for my. Morning visiting.. it's chilly and rainy today here. A good snuggle in a jacket morning. I am sending my love and letting you know I adore you and am thinking of you and the boys. Love you Patty Cake! Twowords: family & friends... as Chevy put it so nicely. My love always ~M~

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

This morning's exchange with D***:
    I happened to be at the computer when he texted, so I sent along some of your prayers directly.

//

Good morning Patty and D***
    Sending you love ❤️ love 💕 love 💗 and prayers.
    Praying that your Guardian Angel be all around you to comfort you and protect you and your family.

//

Thank you Madelyn
    They are doing a good job of keeping her pain under control...
    Her feet ,,, & arms are swelling a lil bit more ….
    Thank you for ALL OF THE PRAYERS....!

//

😘

Some of today's prayers:

Prayers for sweet dreams about her life, and everything she loves... rest well little one... we are here, holding you in our thoughts and heart... sweet dreams

Prayers that she continues to be pain-free and comfortable, and praying she will just slip away with her Guardian Angel.

May God grant you peace!

🙏🏻

//

That's all we texted.

Madelyn

• micmel
    Options

Oh Mominator~. Thank you for keeping us updated. You wonderful friend. Patty, we are here precious friend. We love you! ~M~

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

sending out prayers and blessings to Patty and her family at this time of the journey. Been following this post and also felt lump in throat when heard she is no longer eating (Micmel thank you for these words.

I think so many of us on BCO are feeling strongly affected by Patty’s journey and I for one am also quite touched by the outpouring of love that continuously is sent all through the days to Patty and her loved ones.

Hugs and support to all 💛💛💛💛

• snickersmom
    snickersmom Member Posts: 599
    Options

Sending continued prayers to you and your family, patty. Your Guardian Angel is holding you close and will be with you always.

Madelyn, thank you again for always keeping us all up-to-date on Patty.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Another update from further away sister, posted on Facebook:

UPDATE: On my sister Patty. I just talked to my sister (closer sister) who is there with Patty now. She has taken a turn for the worst over the past 3 or 4 days. She can't get out of bed. Isnt eating much, cant talk very much, her body is starting to swell. 

I was planning a trip to aee her for her birthday but I dont know if she is going to make it that long. Please say prayers for her and my family in our time of need. Thank u so much, love (further away sister).

//

Plus closer sister just answered back on Messenger:

Thank you, I'm here with Patty got here Sunday. She is comfortable and looks to be in peace. No pain! Her body is showing signs of shutting down. She is sleeping most of the time now, not eating only few sips of water, nurse said with the signs maybe a week or two.  Thank you and the group for all the kind words and prayers over the years, months and days. I will be leaving in a day or two going back home, wish I could stay till the end but I know she is on good hands here. Nurses are great and two of her best friends have been here every day for her and I know they will remain here with her.  This is not goodbye to her but see you again in a better place.

//

I mentioned that "Patty's phone" called me, and it turned out to be D***

//

Her phone is here but she is not able to talk or use it. Very few words only if you ask her a question if she wants a drink or be turned or any pain and she usually shakes her head yes or no. Her eyes not open much just a little.  They are yellow from the liver shutting down. Over all she does seem to be comfortable and at peace, and that's what we want.

//

I mentioned that I have been texting Patty throughout. One day her phone called me. It was D***. He said he's there every morning feeding her breakfast of blueberry cake donuts and donut holes. It was nice to know that he's helping as well.

//

Yes (D***) has been coming by every morning. I'm going to go see the boys this evening and see how they are doing.

//

Our Patty is at peace, and comfortable, and being visited by D***, her two best friends, the wonderful nurses and staff, and her sister. 

Madelyn 

• daywalker
    daywalker Member Posts: 77
    Options

Mominator, thank you so much for keeping us informed about Patty. Precious, sweet Patty.. Soon you will hear your name spoken by the most beautiful voice in the Universe, and you will wake up with a new strong body full of Life, and you will dance and dance and dance, and cancer and sadness will be forgotten forever.. Love you precious precious Patty xx

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 955
    Options

I love old hymns. They speak so sweetly to my soul. This morning I'm thinking of a very old one. Rest well, Patty.

Goin' home. Goin' home. I'm a-goin' home.
    Quiet-like some still day, I'm just goin' home.
    It's not far, just close by, through an open door.
    Work all done, cares laid by, goin' to roam no more;
    Mother's there 'xpecting me, father's waiting, too,
    Lots of folks gathered there, all the friends I knew.

Morning star lights the way, restless dream all done.
    Shadows gone, break of day, real life just begun.
    There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;
    Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
    Going home. Going home, I'm just going home.
    It's not far, just close by, through an open door.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    Options

Patty sending you love and hoping you find your peace!

Babs

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

Patty (and Mominator and "D"), thank you for taking us on your very personal transitional journey. We are all here and holding your virtual hand. I just don't want to let you go. You will always be one of us. You are loved.

• mike3121
    mike3121 Member Posts: 280
    Options

Try Youtube: Libera, Going Home - In loving Memory

• micmel
    Options

💔🤕😢🤲

Reading that was very difficult. The tears started and I didn’t have control. I don’t like this one bit. Not at all, she’s too young, her children need her. Why is this happening to such a sweet beautiful soul? I just don’t understand any of this. I want her free..... just as we all do but like someone said I just don’t want to let her go either. Someone so special touched my life here Patty, and that someone is you. I will always love you, I’ll choose my shining star to talk to you every night as if I was still visiting. Love you sweet sister. Glad you’re surrounded by love. ~M~. I miss my friend

• MJHJAN1014
    MJHJAN1014 Member Posts: 622
    Options

Lump in my throat also....peace be with you, dear Patty

• MissBianca
    MissBianca Member Posts: 1,291
    Options

Dear Patty,

May you hear the angels singing, rejoicing at your arrival. Catch the chariot, swinging low, just for you, to carry you to your heavenly home.

Much love,

Janet

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Sitting here with a lump in my throat after reading this.

• MuddlingThrough
    MuddlingThrough Member Posts: 655
    Options

This sweet song, for when the time is right, dear Patty. The Lord knows and He is with you always.

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

HootieHoooooo, Patty!

Changed my photo to an owl, in your honor, as we all did for FierceBlueBird.

I'm glad to hear you are not in pain, and that your family and friends are by your side.

I hope that your next journey is one of beauty and bliss.

So much love is being directed towards you. I hope you feel it.

<3

• micmel
    Options

I’m all in. I am loving you Patty. I’m giving you a loving wink and sleeping soundly next to you holding your hand. Love you beautiful! ~M~