Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thinning Hair -

Options

Comments

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749
    Options

thank you ladies for the awesome contributions to this thread - calikelly (I love cali b t w if that's where you live) what a great offer for the ladies on this board! I only wish I knew about the helmet sooner, would have been cheaper and less painful then this prp therapy!!

I did the last session last week - now I wait.  Its supposed to take 4-6 months to see results after the last session.  I don't know how much hair grows in that time but I hope I see some sprouts. 

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    Options

Hi All!I heard from Nick, he has sent emails to all the women who let me know they wanted to get the hair laser at our special bc price. If you didn't get an email from him, contact me. Our communal hair growing experiment is about to start! I do have a head start on you, but im still doing my laser treatment every other day. And i can announce that the special price will continue to be offered to women here who's hair is thin, or thinning from treatments (or just aging, menopause, whatever) Im very pleased with the company's response, i never expected them to even answer my suggestion, let alone the president of the company, talking to me personally. He actually told his team to prioritize our ladies, even during the black Friday rush. Now get out there and grow some new hair!😄💖

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    Options

Great work, CaliKelly!

Got my helmet on now. My hair definitely has more volume.

• CaliKelly
    Options

You grow girl!😃We want to follow everyone's progress! I think we've started a Hair Club For Women 😉. I do notice my hair is fuller and softer after my "treatment " with my helmet. I went to the hospital yesterday, for tests, and the staff, and technicians who hadn't seen me for 6 months were very impressed with my hair!

• SerenitySTAT
    Options

I was at the hospital yesterday, but I kept my hat on because I had hat head!

• miranda2060
    miranda2060 Member Posts: 207
    Options

Wow, SerenitySTAT, how long have you been using the helmet?

Great to hear about everyone's progress!

CaliKelly, I did hear from Nick. So grateful to you for advocating for us. Heart

• SerenitySTAT
    Options

It’s been 5 1/2 weeks. I have less hair loss, so that helps.

• sher0402
    sher0402 Member Posts: 19
    Options

Hi rozem, I just did my first PRP/CRP treatment. I don't get another treatment for 6 months. I went to Dr. Greco in Sarasota who is supposedly one of the pioneers of this treatment. I go for 3 treatments (1 every 6 months for 1.5 years) and then once every 10 months after. I will be interested in hearing your results and will share mine as well.

• miranda2060
    Options

Sher, I am just now hearing about PRP. Will be inerested to hear your results. Btw, my mom and dad lived in Clearwater -- great area.

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749
    Options

sher. That’s interesting. Mine was a completely different schedule. 3 1 month apart. I hope I did the right regimen. I probably should have researched better!

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766
    Options

Just got my helmet! Thank you, CaliKelly! Let it grow now...

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    Options

Hi All!

I was out of town for a week, so had to skip using the helmet, but back on schedule now! I saw my dermatologist yesterday and she looked up the IRestore website and said it was fine for me to use. She did suggest minoxidil along with it, but she has suggested minoxidil all along, even before this. I have yet to try it, but maybe I will down the road. I'd rather the helmet helps instead!

Good hair (and of course, good HEALTH) wishes to everyone!

• pi-xi
    pi-xi Member Posts: 177
    Options

Good luck, Inna! I’ve been at it for nearly four weeks. After the first week I noticed the hair fall was less, but that may have been coincidence as it hasn’t continued to improve. It is still early days, so I haven’t lost hope yet.
  • CaliKelly
    Options

I saw short little sprouts in my bald areas around 6 weeks. Im still getting new growth in barren spots, now ive been using it since April.And the existing puny hairs have gotten sturdier and bigger around, not so much like a baby's hair.

• Molly316
    Molly316 Member Posts: 10
    Options

I am very interested. Thank you.

• Pamela23
    Pamela23 Member Posts: 394
    Options

I've been using Rogaine for over a year and it hasn't helped me. I cold capped so kept 80% of my hair. I take Visviscal and what has grown in is very thick. I've been on tamoxifen for 7 months and my side where my part is has considerably thinned during that time. The past 2 months I have used a tool to massage ithe area every night for 2 minutes, probably do Rogain every other night. No change. Looked into IRestore this weekend and saw the price, if I got a discount code, I'd buy it.

• CaliKelly
    Options

Hi, Pamela, After chemo, my hair never fully grew back, I spent over 2 years trying everything, incl. Rogaine, Viviscal, vitamins, herbal stuff, nada! I finally got the iRestore laser helmet, and in 6 months, I had enough hair regrowth to quit panicking! Talked the owner of the company into offering a special price of $395 for the ladies here. Still a lot of$$$ but 6 months money back guarantee. Send me your email via private message and I'll send it to the guy in charge of our special deal. He will send you an invoice with the discount price. They said any others here who want the deal, they will honor it! It worked for me, that's all I can say😃

• NPmom
    NPmom Member Posts: 3
    Options

hello everyone, I have been on ovarian suppression and exemestane since June. My hair is not doing well. Trying all shampoos. On biotin. Tried minoxidil but not consistent enough. Sounds like this helmet can really help. Is this offer from I restore still available? I would love to try it. I am desperate. Anyone have a favorite shampoo/conditioner

• CaliKelly
    Options

offer still available for b.c. survivors. Privater msg me your email, I'll forward it to person in charge

• lisey
    lisey Member Posts: 300
    Options

NP, I too tried Rogaine and it was a messy, oily mess.  My dry hair doesn't do well with it.  The helmet is clean and easy, so much better.  Also, I would suggest having your iron checked, mine was low and I'm on double dosage Iron per my dermatologist, which should help too. (I use Ferrett's Iron Supplement Ferrous Fumarate 325mg) 2 pills a day. 

• Annievac
    Annievac Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi Warrior - you used the cold caps? Did they work

• NPmom
    NPmom Member Posts: 3
    Options

lisey, thank you for the suggestion. Seeing dermatologist in 2 weeks. Will bring that up

• Chemokaze
    Chemokaze Member Posts: 177
    Options

hi everyone and happy holidays! I just discovered this thread and emailed calikelly as I am interested in irestore. I’ve been on Faslodex/Verzenio/Zometa for about 6 months....on anastrozole before that....I’ve noticed gradual hair thinning, but now much more so....and what is really concerning is how my scalp is feeling in the shower....it’s sort of odd and a little painful - reminds me sensations felt before losing my hair while on chemo - yikes! And of course I am seeing more of my hairs on the bathroom counter. Thanks for all the talk about thinning hair..... are people posting pictures related to irestore? I’m really interested in seeing real photos.

Thsnks

• Chemokaze
    Options

Also I am wondering about the helmet size as I have a large head! Has anyone not been able to wear the helmet because it’s too small

• miranda2060
    Options

Chemokaze, I have a large head too, and the helmet fits fine. It's got brackets that adjust at the sides. It's made for men or women, so has to accommodate lots of head sizes.

• lisey
    lisey Member Posts: 300
    Options

Chemo, the frame inside the helmet is flexible and accommodates all head shapes with padding.  Both my husband and I use it and his head is smaller than mine.

As for photos... I don't have before and after as I had such thick hair initially, no one could see my issue.  My hair is thinner than it was before Tamoxifen, but not falling out anymore and not itching.  Here is my hair before Tamoxifen.  With product in and natural curls.

Here is my hair Before the Helmet when I was panicking (Sept 2017)....  (it lost all it's curl, texture and I had to use a freaking curling iron all while it was falling out in droves and itching like crazy.. so sad) I could not get any natural curl at all. 

Here is me in Sept 2018....  (with no product (so it's a frizzy mess!)  but the curls came back and the texture returned and it stopped falling out and stopped itching)

• CaliKelly
    Options

Lisey, your hair is gorgeous! I always longed for curly hair, used to perm mine in the 80s😄,loved it! Here's my hair, last May, 2018 imagethen,around 6-7months later, after using the iRestore every other day

Even my natural color came back!image

• miranda2060
    Options

Lisey, thanks for sharing your pictures! Very inspiring. I've been using the iRestore for a short while, so hope to be able to show some progress.

Cali, your results are amazing. Again, thanks for advocating for us, and Merry Christmas to all!

• Chemokaze
    Options

I really appreciate the pictures from this group

• lacelace
    lacelace Member Posts: 1
    Options

Does anyone know if your hair grows back the same way it was after being off the tamoxifen??? This is all so upsetting - we all feel the same way.