Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited October 2021

Minus - I've never had a FB account and try to avoid it. The orchid company had an outdated website, so I went to their FB page. FB is up again, but I'm curious why FB "disappeared" with all their redundancies. Having it all down along with backup processes would make it easier to clear out some things. 🤔

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,965
    edited October 2021

My slice of joy - Pat Metheny in concert tonight. That filled me up for awhile.

Not my photo

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2021

That must have been fun!

How about some new Sting? 👍

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2021

Balloon rooftop yoga this morning. It's a fav thing to do & have not been in a few years now ❤️

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,265
    edited October 2021

Jazzy - thanks for posting Pat Metheny playing the 42 string Pikasso guitar on another thread. I had never heard of this and was fascinated enough to look it up. For anyone else who is interested.

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/pat-methenys-42-string-manzer-guitar-video

• minustwo
    edited October 2021

From an interview with Jane Goodall printed in Time Magazine: He asked her if...she believed humans tended more toward good or evil. She responded that they have equal capacity for both. "The environment we create will determine what prevails," she told him. "In other words, what we nurture and encourage wins." Her hope isn't a denial of reality, Abrams says. It's more of a choice: "Whether we focus on the devastation or the regeneration. Whether we focus on the possibility for good, or the inevitability of evil."

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2021

MinusTwo- thanks for posting that here. That Pikasso guitar is fascinating to me. My brother used to have a twelve string guitar I loved to play in my youth. The more strings, the cooler the sound!

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2021

Slice of joy - tonight's sunset

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2021

Jazzy - Beautiful sunset! Thanks for the Picasso guitar video. Never heard of it before.

Minus - I love Goodall, but sometimes what's been nurtured has to be rejected. Sometimes we need to break the cycle.

On the guitar note...

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2021

Can't! No sun today. No complaints. The past few days have been gorgeous.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2021

Making dough while drinking brunch mimosa and listening to David Byrne. 👍

• minustwo
    edited October 2021

Serenity - thanks for the Rickie Lee Jones - Don't Let the Sun.... I had not heard that version before.

As fir David Byrne - no way could I make dough. I'd be dancing across the kitchen & back and the dough would get ignored, or only punched occasionally. Dancing in my char at dinner time.

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2021

This sunrise

• minustwo
    edited October 2021

Lovely Jazzy

• pi-xi
    pi-xi Member Posts: 177
    edited October 2021

Oncologist recommended stopping tamoxifen at my appointment today. 😳 Mixed feelings, but definitely some joy.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2021

Minus - I've had her CD since 1990. Love her voice. I was dancing during the downtime in bread making. Timers help. At dinner we were dancing in our seats to the Mamma Mia soundtrack. 🎶

Jazzy - Beautiful sunrise!

Pi-Xi - Great milestone. Yay to fewer meds! Woohoo! 🎉

Cool, damp weather => more pup cuddles, lit candle 👍

Love this song.

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2021

Pi - I did it for 5 years. They have better criteria now on the 5 vs 10 years. You will feel better really fast

• minustwo
    edited October 2021

Oh California

• minustwo
    edited October 2021

Yeah - I know. I'm older than all of you. But of course then we have to do....

and what about Jefferson Airplane? When my son was young the group became "Jefferson Starship" and he didn't believe me that it was an "old" group until I dug out my old posters

I'll stop - but I've moved on to Cat Stevens.... down the rabbit hole with a glass of red wine.

• pi-xi
    pi-xi Member Posts: 177
    edited October 2021

Thanks, Serenity and Jazzygirl!

I had the BCI Test done (which was no small feat from Canada). It was in keeping with my MOs thoughts, but I was actually surprised by his recommendation so the good news is settling in slowly.

I had had two short breaks (one due to an endometrial cancer scare and the other for a hysterectomy for possible uterine cancer-both were just tamoxifen fuelled issues). They were wonderful! MO thinks I will feel great. I hope so. I haven't had a horrible time, but it's like death by a thousand cuts!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2021

Minus - I love all those songs! I'm an old soul? 😁

Pi-Xi - Hope you start feeling better soon after stopping Tamoxifen. When I had my med break, I could see my nails growing out more pink. 👍

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2021

We've got rain, so Annie Lennox time. 🎶

• minustwo
    edited October 2021

Nice Serenity - thanks.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2021

Bonus Annie Lennox. When we first bought the LOTR DVD set, I would replay the end credits of Return of the King to listen to her while folding laundry.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2021

My back aches. From cleaning the oven. I've earned the pain.

• minustwo
    edited October 2021

Serenity - sorry about your back. Here's for your "old soul" - although maybe even older than you meant.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2021

Minus - Thanks! My back didn't hurt for long. The song is not too old. It's a great song.

It's been too long, but I took a long bath tonight. 👍

• SerenitySTAT
    edited October 2021

Had my blood drawn by an unfamiliar phlebotomist. Best one ever! Needle in one move without any adjustment. Told him it was excellent. 👍

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited October 2021

Hi joyful ones. I haven't been here in a while. I signed up to an Ingrid Fetell Lee blog after reading about her here and I really liked this article she posted the other day. It made me think of you! If you ever feel guilty about feeling joy or doing things that give you joy this is for you.

Read the post here

• minustwo
    edited October 2021

ScotBird - Insightful article. Thanks for posting. Getting older has made the difference for me. Now I do take time for me. And have come a long way towards NO GUILT. Too bad it took me so long to figure it out.

Yesterday I read a Robert Galbraith novel (J.K.Rowling's nom de plume) - Brit private eye. I mean - that's ALL I did. I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep - so I read until 9am. Then I rolled over & napped until 11am. Other than a short break to heat up leftover for dinner and a quick check of this sight and my emails while it was heating, I read. Finished the book at midnight. Lovely day.