Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited October 2021

Hello, all. Just catching up after being offline for awhile. Love all the music folks have shared. Made a long roadtrip for my brother's 70th birthday. He lives about 20 mins from the Woodstock themed Museum at Bethel Woods (near to Yasgur's farm). Sister-in-law, sister and I visited the museum - a terrific blast from the past! Sister-in-law, who grew up in nearby town Cochecton, NY, fondly remembers Woodstock and what it was like to have so many people coming in from all over. She had tickets for Sunday to go with her Dad, but the rains kept them away. Photo below is a psychedelic bus in the museum. Exhibits wonderfully captured the sights, sounds, experiences of Woodstock.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,265
    edited October 2021

serenity - Thanks for "Tears on My Pillow". I remember Lil' Anthony and the Imperials doing this song years ago. Found this quote about Arron Neville from Wiki sad: a retired American R&B and soul vocalist,

Celia- Nice to see you back. Sounds like a fun trip.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,965
    edited October 2021

Walk in the bosque followed by a white pizza

imageimage

• minustwo
    edited October 2021

Beautiful trees. I miss the mountains in the fall.

• jazzygirl
    edited November 2021

Socially distant trick or treat

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited November 2021

Celia - How fun! The psychedelic bus reminds me of the Revolution exhibit here that included clips from Woodstock.

Minus - It's a little sad, but he's retiring from touring only. At 80 during a pandemic, he's smart to be more prudent.

Jazzy - Great pictures! It's a cold and rainy night here. I'm sure people have lots of candy they'll have to eat. 😉

Apparently this is a "creepypasta":

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

I completed another 36-hour fast this morning. There was a higher degree of difficulty due to the bowls of candy on the counter. I did not succumb to temptation. 🎉

This looked fun. 🎶

• jazzygirl
    edited November 2021

Slice of moon in the pre dawn sky with Venus close to the horizon. I was in awe

• jazzygirl
    edited November 2021

Finally found some Thanksgiving blend today. It's my fav from Starbucks. It's the best part of today after morning dental surgery

• jazzygirl
    edited November 2021

One of the things I love about where I live is this. Seven of them over the house this am

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

Jazzy - I love your pictures! Hope you’re feeling well after dental surgery.

Clear, bright day. It’s chilly, but then I get more pup cuddles.

• jazzygirl
    edited November 2021

Serenity- doing better than expected this morning. Woke up to no pain which is a pleasant surprise.....

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

Waking up to no pain is fantastic!

Got a new orchid! We went to an orchid farm that’s not too far from here. We will have to go again. They had so many and some were deliciously fragrant.

• minustwo
    edited November 2021

Jazzy - great news. This is my ear worm for the week - waking, sleeping, eating.... I tried to change the channel but ended up with Tea for Two (1924) - just as intensive.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

I haven’t seen that musical in forever!

The new Dexter show premiered last night. Loved it! I too have a thing about blood. Not the same thing.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

Completed my 3rd weekly 36 hour fast. Feeling good. Nice to be back in the habit.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

My husband makes breakfast smoothies for himself. He switched from almond milk to oat milk to reduce our almond consumption. Then he switched from oat milk to just using oats. Less processing, packaging, and $$. He's very proud of himself for figuring this out.

That's when I realized my superpower after chemo/radiation is telepathy. Ok, not really. But I didn't remind him that I suggested it all first. Maybe he has sympathetic chemo brain?

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

Love this song. Nice cover.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

Wow!

• minustwo
    edited November 2021

Yes, nice cover of Oh Oh Child. Thanks for sharing. And I ALWAYS like Unchained Melody.

• minustwo
    edited November 2021

Anybody besides me do classical?

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

I enjoy classical music, but I don't know much. Most of what I know is from Bugs Bunny. 😁

• jazzygirl
    edited November 2021

I played violin in numerous symphonies in my life. I love classical music ❤️

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

It’s cold, gray, and rainy. This music is warming.

• minustwo
    edited November 2021

NIce Serenity!!

• jazzygirl
    edited November 2021

Beautiful fall day here. Took the most amazing walk today and savored the beauty

• oldladyblue
    oldladyblue Member Posts: 302
    edited November 2021

Oh SerenitySTAT, I just love Unchained Melody and he does it so well. I needed a lift today! Thanks.

• jazzygirl
    edited November 2021

I was watching Waiting to Exhale today on HBO and heard this version of this song by Roberta Flack. I loved it and thought I should share....

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

oldladyblue - Hope today is better for you!

Jazzy - Love Roberta Flack!

This is a great cover. Nice to hear on a wintry mix day after getting a flu shot.

• minustwo
    edited November 2021

Hadn't thought about that song in ages. Oops almost typed hadn't heard about that 'shot'. Serenity - hope you don't have anything other than a sore arm.