Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited August 2021

Just realized it's been a week since I restarted Ibrance after being Spikevax'ed. My MO said to stop if my rash returned, but it hasn't. All good! 👍

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2021

I have had this earworm all day. Had a proper listen. All The Way. Sinatra.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,265
    edited August 2021

Serenity -hooray for NO rash. Fingers crossed as you continue. Thanks for Sinatra.

My ear worm for several days has been "I am a Poor Wayfaring Stranger"

Compare & contrast (or even look up Emmy Lou Harris)

Jazzy - we'll miss you in September. Hope you have a good break.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2021

Minus - Thanks!

My older daughter is making her grocery order and checking with her sister what foods she'd like. She's luring her with cereal and sandwich bread. We deprive her of so much. 😁

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,965
    edited August 2021

Taking a break in Sept from social media in Sept ladies. Enjoy the beginning of fall or spring, depending on what where you are located

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2021

Pretty! See you in a month!

• minustwo
    edited August 2021

Jazzy - we'll miss you but totally understand & agree about the social media break.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited August 2021

Oh, boy. My kids hung out downtown for the day and came back with donuts. I have no willpower when pastries enter my home. I ate. 😋

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

Time for dancing in September 😃

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

My pup is missing 2 humans.

Bonus for me because they're the coffee drinkers. More for me! ☺️

• minustwo
    edited September 2021

Serenity - thanks for Earth,Wind & Fire. Oh my - doughnuts. They are certainly one of my weaknesses - but I usually avoid the shops. I think I had one blueberry doughnut 9 months ago that a neighbor brought me.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

Minus - I can avoid the shops, but the pastries were inside the house! 😮

My older daughter is officially out of the house. She regularly went around the house making sure the doors were locked before she went to sleep. I imagined she was doing the same at her place. Helped me sleep soundly. Of course she wasn't happy that I didn't do it here. 😁

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

Got my Xgeva shot from my favourite nurse. She missed my whole rash incident. Happy to hear she was able to go on vacation. Last year no one could. They were compensated, but that's not the same.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

Time for a break. Seeking joy elsewhere.

• minustwo
    edited September 2021

Lovely Serenity.

My joy for the day is a pair of new pants I ordered from Talbots. I've lost 25 lbs in the last 18 months - partly walking 3-6 miles every day. Partly I changed my meal plan to once a day. Since I haven't gone anywhere except the grocery store every 2 or 3 weeks, it really didn't matter that I had to double wrap a belt to keep my pants up. Hooray - one pair that fits. I live in Houston and we will continue to have summer for at least two more months so I bought white jeans. Guess I'll wear them to two doc appointments next week. I'm still not going anywhere else....

• minustwo
    edited September 2021

Blast from the past - I didn't realize that Archie Bell & The Drells was a Houston band. Archie is 77 and hosting a tribute concert tomorrow tonight to help w/his medical bills from a stroke. Here's a link from American Bandstand 1968. Of course the moves are 'sanitized' on this program - but checkout the length of the girl's skirts. And all the boys are wearing coats & ties.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

Minus - Congrats on the weight loss! You deserve new clothes. Summer is almost over here. I'm starting to bring in plants. Great video! Stay safe!

• minustwo
    edited September 2021

Oh Serenity - we're still hoping for fewer days at 98 degrees & 100% humidity. I watched a wonderful concert last night of Vivaldi's Four Seasons by Mercury Baroque. It was their annual outdoor concert at Miller Theater and it was still 91 degrees at 8pm. Can I say how much I love live streaming instead of attending in person?

Today I'm treating myself to a holiday - doing NO THING. I had raspberries in heavy cream for breakfast. Leftover cold ribeye steak for lunch. I have been sitting in my recliner reading an absolutely worthless novel all day and just made a large gin & tonic. Lovely day.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,965
    edited September 2021

I know I'm supposed to be on a break but just had to show you my slice of heaven here at a resort in Northern New Mexico this weekend

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

Minus - I've lost my tolerance for hot outdoor concerts. Live streaming is better. Your day was well spent.

Jazzy - That's so beautiful!

My younger daughter made chocolate pudding from scratch. 😋

• minustwo
    edited September 2021

Thanks Jazzy!!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

My younger daughter is staying the night with her sister. She's been lured away by cereal and pastries. 🤔 I like pastries.

• minustwo
    edited September 2021

Serenity - how fun to have daughters. I have only a son who has always lived at some long distance ever since he finished college. He doesn't make chocolate pudding or like to 'gab' on the phone - but he does fix plumbing & electrical & mechanical problems when I can lure him this way. And he gives GREAT computer advice & timely solutions to problems.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

Minus - My daughters are the best! Not that I'm biased. ;) They get along so well. I grew up with brothers, and we fought a lot. My husband's sister was mean to him when they were young. Now we all get along. Sounds like you have a great son!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

I've got a nice stash of drugs after having sciatica and scanxiety. Every time my husband tells me of a pain or some anxiety, my response has been: "I've got a pill for that."

He hasn't taken me up on it. The stash remains untouched.

• minustwo
    edited September 2021

And I'm hording my stash since I don't live in a 'right to die' state. Although I did offer some Tramadol to my grand-dog once since that's what she was prescribed by her vet & the dog Rx was twice the cost of human Rx.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

Minus - I wish you didn't have to do that but understand. We have "medical aid in dying" here. Weird though that I thought of dying more often when I was young.

• minustwo
    edited September 2021

I posted about quality of life on another thread today for older people. That's my goal - not just staying alive but QOL. So far I'm doing really great - for my age!!! Actually probably doing great for any age - but I make it a priority & diligently work at it every day.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

That's great! I found that getting my mobility back after sciatica/chemo/rads has made a big difference.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited September 2021

My younger daughter made dinner. It was delicious. But if my husband fasted as expected, she would've served leftovers. 😒