Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited November 2021

Lovely!

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,965
    edited November 2021

Bosque del Apache, our winter bird refuge

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,265
    edited November 2021

Egg Nog for desert - my holiday slice of joy - with Wild Turkey 101. Unfortunately it's only commercial egg nog, but still...

Years ago (before 1992) I used to have holiday gatherings with tons of 'nibbles'. I made a punch bowl of homemade eggnog. That had both bourbon & rum. Most everyone lived in the neighborhood so they could walk home - or they spent the night.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

Jazzy - Nice!

Minus - That sounds fun.

We don’t have extended family nearby so we’re used to not spending the holidays with them. Truthfully, my little family unit is all I need. My kids make dessert, I make bread, and my husband makes everything else. Love having leftover pie for breakfast.

We watched the movie Pig. It was surprisingly good. ThumbsUp

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

Plant update: I brought the French tarragon inside before the snow hit. After flushing it with water, the leaves dried out. I cut them off and wondered if I should just give up and put the pot back outside. Today the pot is almost full of new growth. Hope I can keep it alive over the winter.

• oldladyblue
    oldladyblue Member Posts: 302
    edited November 2021

The birds are so lovely JAZZY! I loved my time in New Mexico, lived in Reserve and Carrizzozzo in 2002 or so for a few years

My daughter and I watched Pig too, SERENITY, we both liked it.

I saw the most gorgeous sunrise yesterday while standing outside with a cup of tea, on my front steps, so I was high enough to see ovr the neighbor's fence. Perfect spot to see a perfect sunrise. I'll have to figure out how to get the photo off of my phone and put it up here.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

oldladyblue - You can upload directly from your phone to BCO. Open a browser to this site. Once logged in, you can post a reply and use the icon that looks like a mountain range to select a photo.

I'm at the hospital for a dermatology follow up appointment. I'm way early, but they have a professional playing at the grand piano in the large waiting area for radiation oncology (down the hall from the tiny waiting area for dermatology). It's so soothing. Better set an alarm.

Medicating

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

I'm a loud clapper. ThumbsUp

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

His first name is Thelonious! Born to be a pianist.

Apparently they started Tuesday concerts a couple months ago. Will try to schedule my future appointments so I can see it again.

• minustwo
    edited November 2021

Serenity - great perc. One of our major hospitals has a pianist or a trio playing every lunch hour in their "lobby" - which looks more like a hotel lobby than a hospital. I often try to schedule appointments at 11 so I can enjoy the music & the trickling fountain.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2021

That sounds fantastic! It was very calming. We need more things like that these days.

Done with dermatology for now. Apparently everything left is due to aging! No more follow ups unless something else comes up.

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2021

Serenity- I played a concert with a group for a hospital I did contract work for about 20 years ago. Many healthcare orgs have music therapy programs to help patients. I remember the patients coming down from their rooms in wheel chairs to listen and the smiles on there face. We played a few holiday tunes for them (I played the soprano sax). So glad you had someone nice playing for you today!

• minustwo
    edited December 2021

Jazzy - even more years ago - I sang with double quartets sponsored by First Methodist Church, AQ. We sang in malls & nursing homes & hospitals & everywhere - In period English costumes no less. Good memories.

• oldladyblue
    edited December 2021

Oh you all brought tears to my eyes, bringing back good memories of small music concerts. They are the stuff that fills my soul. I miss them. I used to sing in a choir in LA as 2nd alto, we also dressed up at Christmas in old time costumes. What fun that was, almost 30 years ago now. Gee, I almost forgot about those pleasure filled days and nights. Where has my memory gone? But the smiles remain.

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2021

We have a snowman made out of tumbleweeds

• oldladyblue
    edited December 2021

LOL, I love that snowman!!!!

• justg22
    justg22 Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2021

in San Antonio Texas this morning I am spending the day with one of my friends. We are in a writing group together and even though I do not live in San Antonio anymore I’m still a member of that group. Really looking forward to seeing her after a year and catching up. Having a special buddy is so important😊

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2021

I wish I had a tiny bit of musical talent. Thank you for sharing yours.
    Jazzy - not a snowman…Loopy

JustG22 - Welcome! Hope you’re able to meet up with your bud.

Love the symmetry!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2021

Think I was traumatized seeing Harry bald on Annie. Prefer him this way.

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2021

I have not had an adult beverage in over a month. Tonight we imbibe

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2021

Love that bottle!

Family and I are enjoying the documentary series on the making of Star Trek. Had no idea how Lucille Ball was so important to its start.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2021

It’s cold. My younger daughter makes excellent hot chocolate. ThumbsUp

• oldladyblue
    edited December 2021

Woke up too early. I love my warm robe. Hmmm, perfect alone moment: wine and that Harry Connick Jr. song. Virtual reality is great.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2021

Ha!Sounds perfect! ThumbsUp

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2021

Getting dark already. The Traveling Wilburys help.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2021

Family caught me getting a near midnight snack. My husband put some candy in the cabinet above the fridge. Being incredibly short, I got some tongs to bring it down. But the lid wasn't on tight. Somehow I dodged the loose lid and caught the container without spilling any candy.

Candy acquired.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2021

My older daughter brought back Lindt’s hazelnut chocolate. Think they’re competing to see who can bring the best chocolate. Game on!

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2021

Yum 😋

• SerenitySTAT
    edited December 2021

There's a hazelnut chocolate coffee. It made me swoon. ❤️