Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited January 2022

I never appreciated having clean water so much until I read this thread on cholera. And we got Frankenstein.

https://twitter.com/alexpetrovnia/status/148545179...

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2022

Monday, Monday ❤️

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,265
    edited February 2022

Mama Cass!!!!! And timely since it's Monday. Check out the ties.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Checking of boxes:

Cross, Stills, Nash, & Young song

Playing for Change performance

Good stuff all around

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Broke my 36-hr fast with a clementine, homemade chocolate chip cookie, and coffee. 👍

My younger daughter will not be stopped when she has a cookie craving. We didn’t have enough chocolate chips for a full batch so she made 4 cookies. Ratios matter.

• minustwo
    edited February 2022

Serenity - that's hilarious - 4 cookies? Did you get one?

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Yes, I got one! It was so good. 😋😋😋

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Yesterday I steamed eggs in my Instant Pot. When done I like to soak them in a bowl of cold water, but I had just washed a pan so the tap water was still hot. Tossed out hot water and opened the patio door to scoop up some fresh snow. Cooled the eggs in a nest of snow. 👍

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,965
    edited February 2022

Slice of joy- it's snowing in New Mexico today. We are so terribly dry and so need this moisture. Bring it on, I say!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

So that’s where the rest of the snow went! Our snow cover is kinda low. Happy to share! Please stay warm and safe. We are used to snow and have all the snow removal equipment.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2022

Snowing like crazy now. Think we got a couple inches on the ground now. I want more 😎

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 782
    edited February 2022

Jazzy, how pretty!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Jazzy - Love a fresh dusting of snow. Ready to make a snow angel?

Carry On by Norah Jones ❤️

• minustwo
    edited February 2022

Oh that was neat Serenity. I like Norah Jones anyway, the but lovely video brought tears to my eyes.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2022

I came across this video again recently, a song from the 1980s that I love. I was a huge fan of Gregory Hines, which for those of you who remember him, he was known but also turned out to be a great actor and musician too. This song brings me back to a time in my 20s when I was in grad school, I love how music can do that. And I love this video because I think they are geniunely enjoying doing the duet together.

Enjoy!

• minustwo
    edited February 2022

Jazzy - I remember Gregory Hines but didn't remember that he sang. How about this Luther Vandross to start the day dancing??

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2022

Today's slice of joy - picked up some Chinese New Year flowers on my way home from an early and very cold dental apt

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited February 2022

Great songs, keep 'em coming!

Jazzy - Lovely flowers. Like the Tiger! Since it's the Year of the Tiger, go Bengals! (local American football team - headed to the Superbowl for the 1st time in 31 years).

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Jazzy - Gorgeous flowers!

On Gregory Hines - I don't remember him as a singer, only as a tap dancer and actor. I vaguely remember him in White Nights.

On Vandross - 👍

Celia - It's the Year of the Tiger. Time for the Bengals to shine?

I suddenly realized I haven't received an appointment for a CT scan as I expected. Called the number and was on hold for over an hour. At least their muzak was nice piano music. Then a human came on the line, got my information, and gave me a canceled time next Tuesday. It's in the evening, and I confirmed a nurse would be available in case they need to access my port. Normally appointments are over a month away.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Santana, India.Arie, and Yo-Yo Ma playing George Harrison’s While My Guitar Gently Weeps. ❤️

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

My older daughter isn’t feeling well. My younger daughter is on the way to her apartment to bring her a heating pad. ❤️

Cold but sunny out.

Orchids 1&2 still in bloom. Orchid 3’s spike still growing. Orchid growing is an exercise in patience.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

This song is almost 100 years old. Love old blues.

Bessie Smith - Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2022

Love those legends. Bessie was awesome ❤️

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2022

I've been needing to spend more time outdoors. Slice of joy was a wonderful afternoon walk at my fav local park

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Jazzy - Great park!

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited February 2022

Beautiful Rocky River and Bay Village/ Lake Erie Nature centers on a cold snowy February day.

Free and beautiful buildings and animals being rehabbed or cared for despite injuries. A day with my son and his friend not thinking about cancer at all...

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

7of9 - That’s a wonderful outing! I love Seven of Nine. Have you seen Picard?

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Sunday coffee tastes much better when I hear birds singing and sunlight streams through the shades.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2022

One of the most beautiful skates I have ever seen. She is only 15 and got the gold last night

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2022

How about this remake of If I Ever Loose this Heaven by the Average White Band? I am loving it.....