Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited February 2022

Jazzy - Thank you!

My older daughter ordered some food to be delivered. There was some mixup, and she got a dozen donuts free plus Oreos from her order. She also had made cupcakes while waiting. She lives alone. Younger daughter just left to help her. Husband and I are fasting so we’re useless. ❤️

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,965
    edited February 2022

Wow Serenity-that is a lot of sugar between the order and cupcakes. Could a shelter accept the extras?

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

It's treasure for my younger daughter. It happened yesterday so there were 10 donuts remaining this morning. My younger daughter is very skinny, but can pack away carbs. She told us when she was 5 she had a dessert stomach! We've been depriving her of carbs for years. The running joke is my older daughter stocks carbs for her sister to get her to visit. She has a shelf for cereal, pasta, and sandwich bread. All forbidden foods here. Well, mostly. We have flour so she can make treats from scratch. I make bread every so often. I make an exception for really good pastries.

She's staying the night because of classes. I don't expect any donuts will be left when we see her tomorrow night.

• NotAsCalmAsILook
    NotAsCalmAsILook Member Posts: 133
    edited February 2022

I got to use my BC knowledge to help calm anxiety of an acquaintance in real life. Made this ordeal feel useful, even if only for a moment

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2022

NotasCalm - good job sister 🙏

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

NotAsCalm - You did good! 👏👏👏

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

I got the mubble fubbles! I will need to put this on repeat. 😄

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

CT scan last night was quick and smooth. Waiting room was empty. Tech got IV in first try. Report should be ready in a week, but my appointment with MO is in a month.

I did my normal 36-hr fast, ate lightly during the day, and fasted 2 hours before the scan. My after-scan splurge was takeout pizza. It seems I'm still under-carbed because I can't stop thinking of making something. Madeleines or focaccia or both? Hmm. Will update if I make something before the urge passes.

Ronnie Spector covering Amy Winehouse👍

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2022

Serenity - prayers for good outcomes. It's national pizza day here in the US

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,265
    edited February 2022

Oh no - National Pizza Day and I missed it!!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Jazzy - Thank you! Trying to keep worry down.

Minus - Never too late for pizza.

Well, instead of making anything I slept. Now awake.

Nice article on plant care as self care. Love the photos.

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20201022-why-living-with-and-tending-plants-is-good-for-you

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

I watched the Jack Reacher series. Enjoyed it.

1. The main actor looked like Thanos without CGI.
    2. The music was fantastic.
  • SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Found a site that lists the songs from Reacher. “Smokestack Lightnin“ by Howlin' Wolf. Pup didn't appreciate it. She left me.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 782
    edited February 2022

My thin slide of joy. SF/Potrero Hill. Across the street where catsitting

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Cowgirl - Beautiful! It's so serene.

• minustwo
    edited February 2022

Oh Cowgirl... Be Still my Heart!!! I haven't been out there since August of 2019 - WAY too long. Maybe in April if things keep improving. Maybe it I get to stay in the City we could even meet for lunch.

• cowgirl13
    edited February 2022

Minus, that would be fun!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Crazy - Patsy Cline ❤️❤️❤️

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

I’m refreshing my sluggish sourdough starter. My urge for focaccia hasn’t diminished. Maybe tomorrow.

• NotAsCalmAsILook
    NotAsCalmAsILook Member Posts: 133
    edited February 2022

todays slice of joy: a reissued prepaid credit card!

back story: found an unactivated $50 reward card in my filing. It expired 2 years ago. I asked if they’d reissue it, and they said yes!

• minustwo
    edited February 2022

Oh my goodness NotCalm. I never would have believed it. Good for you!!!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

NotAsCalm - 👍$👍

Focaccia is on 2nd rise after overnight rise.

Reggae time

• cowgirl13
    edited February 2022

Serenity, I Adore Bob Marley!!! Thank you for posting. He's probably my favorite.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Cowgirl - His music is so great!

Focaccia looking good.

Little hot

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2022

Hi friends- happy weekend. I took Monday off and giving myself a three day weekend!

For you Bob Marley fans, this is one of my fav songs. His brothers Ziggy and Steven come to New Mexico regularly and seen them in concert. That whole family is so talented!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Jazzy - Great song choice! 👍

It’s that time.

• minustwo
    edited February 2022

Bob Marley is great.

Serenity - you midnight RRtrack picture reminds me of this:

• minustwo
    edited February 2022

Oh my goodness - look what I found in the side bar when I was looking for "Wee Small Hours.." I know what I'm listening to this morning.

• minustwo
    edited February 2022

Present company excepted - I've been trying to figure out what happened to all my musical friends. Almost any kind of music, I'm there. There really isn't anyone left that I'm close to who would enjoy sharing the above blues. Tonight I'm listening to baroque cantatas, motets and sonatas by Vivaldi & Handel. There really are no close friends who would enjoy those either. Of for that matter - Meatloaf. Several are deceased, some have moved on in life or moved far away. Or I've made live choices that took me "out of range". Sad to think there is no one who might enjoy sharing the beauty of the diverse range musical experiences that appeal to me - even virtually. Rough day. Sorry for the slice of sadness. I'll do a slice of joy tomorrow.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited February 2022

Minus - No need to apologize. The idea of a thin slice of joy is that it’s part of what can be overwhelming. So, at least we have the music to remind us of better times or to make new memories. I don’t think there are many who would appreciate all of the music I like. I don’t post some bands that people may find offensive. 😉