Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited March 2022

❤️

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,965
    edited March 2022

Hope you enjoy this groove

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2022

Haven’t posted here lately due to issues with this site, but wanted to post this as this thread is filled with music that bring us joy.

https://www.sciencealert.com/music-is-just-as-powerful-at-improving-mental-health-as-exercise-review-suggests

• SerenitySTAT
    edited March 2022

Love this cover of Shadow Dancing. RIP Taylor Hawkins.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 782
    edited April 2022

Tennessee Whiskey, Chris Stapleton. Love this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zAThXFOy2c

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 782
    edited April 2022

Tennessee Whiskey, Chris Stapleton. Love this

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2022

🇺🇦 ❤️

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited April 2022

Absolutely beautiful and haunting melody.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2022

BevJen - It’s even more haunting given the atrocities.

In the midst of everything going crazy, here’s a plant update. The string of dolphins leaf propagation worked! A year after the 2 leaves sprouted, I have a plant. There were some losses during the year.

imageimage

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2022

Sourdough crackers with pizza seasoning and extra garlic. This is the best yet!

• jazzygirl
    edited April 2022

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2022

Jazzy - 👍

Plant update: Have had orchids in bloom all winter now. The white orchid is done. The peach orchid had a set of blooms and added a few more at the end. Now the yellow is taking over (1st rebloom a year ago). It's almost like I know what I'm doing. Brown thumb. My pothos look weak.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,265
    edited April 2022

Hey all - wish I could keep up, but this new thread means it takes at least a full minute to go the next page. And if I want to go back to my favorites - more than a minute. And to pick another favorite thread.... Well you get the point. Thinking of all of you - just not willing to put in the time to deal with this mess.

• jazzygirl
    edited April 2022

Beautiful oorchids😍

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2022

Jazzy - Thanks! I finally learned how to get them to rebloom. I’ve killed several over the years. 😬

Minus - Totally understand. I haven’t posted as often for the same reason. We aren’t alone.

I’ve been listening to more renditions by this band. Love this version of Killing Me Softly.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,265
    edited April 2022

Well - I got on two days in a row. And actually was able to "my favorites"- miracle. I'm not totally giving up yet, but I'm getting close. Killing me Softly is one of my favorites & this is wonderful version

• SerenitySTAT
    edited May 2022

It takes more effort to post here. This is worth it.

A teacher tasked her students to write to authors. Only Kurt Vonnegut replied. Here is his response read by Sir Ian McKellen. ❤️

• oldladyblue
    oldladyblue Member Posts: 302
    edited May 2022

I was pulling weeds yesterday for the first time in months and found my husband's lost speaker in the weeds, he dropped it in the yard 2 weeks ago and couldn't find it. And it still works!

As I was coming around the corner of the house to bring it to him, I looked up and saw a rainbow, full sky right to left, full color. Wow! Beautiful. I just stopped and stared for minutes.

So gardening (slice of joy) led to speaker (slice of joy) and a rainbow (slice of Joy). I guess I need some chocolate now to celebrate, eh serenitystat!

• oldladyblue
    edited May 2022

Oh, oh, oh, that recording of Kurt Vonnegut's letter was so overwhelmingly glorious! I have tears rolling down my face. Thank you serenitystat for that post, this thread and for your effort! I am going to take his advice, (brought to me by you) and will think of you every time I do some type of art, daily maybe. I'd all but stopped doing my ceramics, this photo is things I finished in 2018, maybe I can start it up again, but writing a poem and tearing it up!, how adventurous that will be. I once wrote a notebook of poems, and showed them only to one person, my boyfriend at the time. He laughed and threw the notebook in the fire that was burning, destroying every one. I haven't written a poem since. But will right now, six lines rhyming, like Kurt advised, and try to do it daily. Thank you.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited May 2022

oldladyblue,

Now I'm so glad I made the effort to post that video (logging in took patience). I had read the words before, but the video kicked it up a notch. They would be pleased to know they continue to inspire others to do art. I'm not an artist, but my kids are. My older daughter writes poems as well. Thanks for sharing all your joys. I love your ceramics. Make more please!

Had an appointment with my MO. Getting another cycle off Ibrance. Will take this time to get a 2nd booster, Novavax or Pfizer. I caught part of the music program afterwards. This time they had a classical guitarist. 👍

• oldladyblue
    edited May 2022

It's funny how little things can give one quite an uplift. It is a lesson I've learned this past year dealing with cancer and covid. Yes, do get your next booster. I have to get mine soon. Covid was bad enough with 3 Pfizer shots, I can't imagine how it would have been for me if I'd not had the shots before getting ill. I hope your break from Ibrance goes well.

I guess you saw the photo of the ceramics before it disappeared. I saw the notice that the site isn't posting photos anymore.... hopefully that won't be for long.

It was a good morning: birds at both my birdfeeders, a great cup of coffee and the little cracker cookies from Belvita to dip in them, yum. The birds are such a joy, not much effort to hang birdfeeders and keep them full, but more and more birds show up these days.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited May 2022

I had to practice noticing the little things. That’s why I started this thread when I finished chemo and radiation in 2016. I was weak and in so much pain from sciatica that I couldn’t sit for dinner. It helped me to notice the little improvements.

I’m so glad you were vaccinated before you got sick. Some people wonder if the shots were worth it when they mild symptoms. Well, that’s the vaccinations working.

I hope they get the images back up. Your ceramics were beautiful!

My neighbour has bird feeders, but we’ve had birds around for years. Every so often I hear them bang into the windows. 😬

I have an appointment for my booster soon. Time to drink lots of water.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited May 2022

Booster by Pfizer done.

The vaccinator had on scrubs with cargo pockets. I want!

• oldladyblue
    edited May 2022

I am very glad you started this thread and have kept it going. Sigh, I sure hope the site lets photos be posted again soon. Great on getting your shot! Yes, I am a believer in the shots, If I got as sick with Covid as I did after being fully vaccinated, I hate to think of what might have happened if I hadn't had my shots.

My husband made lasagna! woohoo! That's a slice of joy for sure :-)

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited May 2022

I hate my old wigs...wig stand...cleaner....I dread my biannual cleaning dusting them off because part of me dreads needing them again...but dang! I FINALLY found something useful and fun to do with my wig stand ( no I didn't take it to the range and shoot it as hubby suggested)... I refreshed my Kentucky Derby hat with some dyed red ostrich feathers! When life gives you lemons....make a mint julep! Lol

• SerenitySTAT
    edited May 2022

oldldayblue - Love lasagna! I agree about the vaccinations. I worried how I would react if I got covid without them. I hope you don't have any long term side effects.

7of9 - I never liked wearing a wig. I got rid of them. If I go bald again, I'll stick with Buffs or hats. Great use of your wig stand!

Happy Mother's Day to all motherers!

Here's a clip of U2 busking in a bunker in Kyiv. They're singing With or Without You. ❤️🇺🇦

https://twitter.com/olex_scherba/status/1523271451859914754?s=21&t=VtGAj8qjZGRKJd2VW1IHEg

• SerenitySTAT
    edited May 2022

Images still not working for me. 😔

• oldladyblue
    edited May 2022

I hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited May 2022

I did! Love hanging out with my family, eating well, and watching a movie. Still have some chocolate torte. They must have heard about the vaccinator’s cargo pants because I got 2!

Hope you had a great day too!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited May 2022

Not my picture, but I find looking at my plants calming.

https://i.redd.it/wx12ke0hn4h61.jpg