Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited October 2017

Great picture!! happy Halloween.......

• Teese
    Teese Member Posts: 355
    edited November 2017

Baby sees Christmas decor for the first time

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited November 2017

Another girl dressing up as an astronaut! ThumbsUp

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

I would love this! Got a little worried when I saw Jeff Goldblum's name pop up, but glad it was a nice story.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

This is silly, but I can sit cross legged!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

I wouldn't know what to call it either. Red?

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

Rainy night here, too.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited November 2017

Sitting cross legged is definitely joyous, not silly at all.

Yesterday I was trying to do a handstand (in my daily yoga practise). I can do it for less than a second before I collapse.

I can't help setting goals for myself in yoga - being in the moment and letting go of such things as goals seems to be beyond me. When I tried to do yoga during and after chemo I couldn't do anything at all, I was too weak and tired. It's taken me a long time to build upmy strength and stamina.

I absolutely love my morning coffee. When I'm working I buy it from the shop in a takeaway cup, and when at home I make it in a Bialetti pot and love the ritual of filling the pot and putting it on the gas, and the gurgling noise it makes when it's ready. Sometimes I wait until mid morning just for the anticipation.

X

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

ScotBird - Be careful with yoga! I hurt myself doing yoga many, many years ago trying to do more. Before BC, I would get into my inverted hang, put my hands on the floor, and push myself up into a little handstand. I was able to hold it for a little while. Can't do it now with the lymphedema. Someday. I love coffee rituals. They're soothing. I prefer our coffee. Even going to the office, I bring my own. It even tastes better than free.

My kitchen is gutted. Glad to have a laundry room sink.

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

I love coffee specially I love th small .... I haven’t have a coffee for months last I have few sips of pumpkin spice latte almost a month ago. After chemo I will love to have a cup of good coffee, perhaps I will do Alice Vietnamese coffee.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

Paulette - During chemo, coffee didn't taste that good to me. Fortunately, it went back to normal soon after chemo ended. You're almost done!

My younger daughter and I had haircut appointments this morning, but my husband is out of town with our one car. It's a mile away, so we walked. Afterwards, we stopped at a bakery for cappuccinos and pastries. I don't believe the 2-mile walk covered the calories, but it was worth it! It is chilly, but sunny. Nice weather for a walk.

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

November in Montreal should be cold, nice walk would warm you up.

Next Friday will be my last chemo, I’m so looking forward for a nice cup of coffee with friends and do some chatting. I missed that part of life.

• Joyseeker
    Joyseeker Member Posts: 247
    edited November 2017

The 15cm of snow that fell inspired me. Toques!! Such fun projects to knit while the snow flies and the kettle boils image

• grandma3X
    grandma3X Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2017
    SerenitySTAT - your outing with your daughter sounds wonderful! My mother took me and my 2 sisters to Italy in 2011 and we had coffee and pastries in every town we visited. Never mind the cathedrals, my fondest memories of that trip are sitting at outdoor cafes with a hot cup of rich coffee with some of my favorite people.

Paulette - YAY for getting through chemo!

Joyseeker - the toques are so cute! I started a scarf years ago.....I do a few rows every couple of months....

My slice of joy: I'm going shoe shopping with my sister tomorrow 😊
  • SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

Paulette - One last chemo! I'm excited for you!

Joyseeker - Love your toque!

Grandma - Your trip sounds wonderful! When my family visited recently, there were a few times that they went to see something, and I waited at a nearby cafe. Recovering from chemo was an excellent excuse, but the coffee was good at these little cafes.

My MIL recently adopted a 7-yr-old dog. They weren't looking to adopt, but they were visiting friends who told them of this dog. Her owners had become busy and were hardly home. There were 2 attempts to place the dog in other homes, but they were worse than being left home alone all day. At one place she was left outside where kids threw rocks at her. Upon hearing this, my MIL offered to take the dog if she doesn't bite her. Well, this dog now has a Sugar Mama! Let's just say her food and lodging have been upgraded to first class. Instead of being pelted by rocks, she can lounge in the lanai in the sun. Her life is now awesome. ThumbsUp

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

Love their pink noses!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

That looks like a good cup of coffee.

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

I haven’t have a cup of coffee for awhile ..... 😐

• bright55
    bright55 Member Posts: 146
    edited November 2017

wishing you all stable scans..i am on journey to the land of

Myanmar a wonderful rich culture where enlightenment abounds.. family on manyvisits to beautiful pagodas stupas and zedis

Xo Brightspace

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

Paulette - Soon! 

Bright - That's so beautiful! Can you bottle some of that and send here please? Have an amazing time! 

In bed with pup in my lap. Can't sleep with all this cuteness. 

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Bright that’s beautiful!

Have a good night Serenity.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

Paulette - Thank you! A few more days and you're done!

I was on a call with a co-worker. She could hear my dog making noise. I told her she was barking in her sleep. It was very cute, of course.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

Sorry.

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

I’m from Northern California today kind of cold it’s about mid 50, I know compared to Montreal that is nothing!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

I love Northern California! It's about 40 here, so not too different at the moment. In a few weeks, we diverge.

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

I hate cold weather, mid 50is cold to me already, especially after chemo I enjoy mid 70 weather.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

Ssh, don't tell, but I'm not fond of cold weather, or hot. I like 72.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited November 2017

Been working for a couple of weeks on a presentation for today. It went really well. People were very happy. Whew! I'm exhausted!

• grandma3X
    grandma3X Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2017

serenity - that's great to hear! I am conducting a workshop this weekend and trying to prepare slides for a presentation. I'll be glad when it's done!

My slice of joy today was coming home to dinner alreadyon the stove and laundry folded! I feel like I just gained an hour of my life back :)

• Teese
    Teese Member Posts: 355
    edited November 2017

My slice of joy, visiting my daughter at school this weekend. Plus, I love this cold snap.

Grandma, I agree having the laundry done and dinner on the stove is the best. I always felt it wasn't fair that I didn't have a wife! ;-)

Serenity, yay for your presentation going so well.