Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

January 2017 Surgery Group

Options

Comments

• Alli
    Alli Member Posts: 34
    Options

My NS bmx went well yesterday. I can honestly say that the anxiety and anticipation pre op was far worse than the surgical experience itself. I do not remember anything in between receiving Versed and waking up in my hospital bed ..... Except rambling on about the beach bungalow and a frosty beverage as they were attempting to put the anesthesia mask on my face. I'm afraid that I probably babbled on and said something embarrassing. Hopefully the staff had a good laugh.

I have had significant discomfort. Maybe my pain tolerance isn't what I thought it was.

We were nearly snowed in at the hospital and got discharged just in time before the weather was too bad.

Hope all of you brave ladies are feeling relief from the cancer anxiety and physical relief with the pain meds.

For those with upcoming surgery dates, please know you will get through this and feel so much peace on the other side of surgery.

Go to the bungalow.....it was a great distraction.

Hugs to all.

Good night

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

Wow! Yes short girl club! You guys have eyes of blue as well??? Lol you ladies are always on my mind! Hope all are comfy enjoying warm cup of coffee (or your drink of choice) this morning.

I have traveled all over the USA (38 States +Canada and Mexico) the weather was amazing. I could leave home with a few inches of snow drive threw feet of snow crossing the mountains in Wyoming to end up in a warm Arizona then to the beautiful white snow capped mountains of Washington state to drive straight to Florida were girls were standing on the street corner with a food cart selling sandwiches wearing a bikini. ..hahaha

Love this group of #toughgirls!

• PugsMama
    PugsMama Member Posts: 337
    Options

good morning ladies! Day 3 of the drain gang...2 are less & 2 are more. That's the big excitement of the morning...checking to see if I'm draining less...poor DH, I got distracted & forgot to flush the toilet after dumping the drains in it...told him my period came back! A miracle!! Lol...Sorry if this is tmi but who else can I share this with?

I'm definitely feeling better today because (1) I'm tired of sleeping on my back, (2) my wounds are starting to itch, (3) my dirty hair is getting to me. The challenge for me is going to be to keep resting & not overdo now that I'm feeling more like myself...

Alli: God only knows what's come out of my mouth in that twilight state!! Hoping this new day is finding you in less discomfort.

To those going tomorrow....You'll close your eyes & wake up with a tremendous sense of relief & all this pre-op anxiety will be gone...We'll all be there with you in spirit & holding your hands & waiting for you in the bungalow with a yummy rum drink! Remember, the surgery may be breast-taking but is also more importantly, life-giving.

3bears: you'll have "training bra" teen boobs that actually won't look too bad!

SheilaW8: you'll be on the road to recovery!

Dafne, not sure if you're getting reconstruction, if you aren't, you'll recover in no time!

Vargadoll & the other members of the short girl club: count me in, I'm 5'2" also!

Hugs to all!

Liz

• DsMom
    DsMom Member Posts: 46
    Options

Short girl club....funny! I'm 5'1" :) So nice to hear everyone from this week is doing well! I have my pre-op appt on Monday - sh*% is about to get real! lol. There is a wonderful charity here in Ottawa called Breast Cancer Action which has teamed up with a local mastectomy boutique to offer anyone having surgery a free post surgical camisole. I went there yesterday morning and met the most amazing woman (owner) - it was a good day. She opened the store in honour of her sister in law who was diagnosed with inflammatory BC and unfortunately died less than 2 yrs post diagnosis. She was actually misdiagnosed for quite some time (being treated for a suspected allergy!!) which of course did not help her situation. Anyways, she is just lovely and I was soooooo impressed with the options of bras, swim wear, prosthetics (my reconstruction will be later), chemo hats/scarves etc. - it all gave me hope. She also works with another business directly next door who dies wigs. Wigs have always creeped me out - I don't know why. Anyways, I went to look (why not...I was there) and was actually amazed at how good they look and feel! I'm very lucky...my insurance through work will pay for up to $2000 for a wig if I want one, so I'm definitely now considering it - but hey...one step at a time. Here I am only a few days before surgery and I have yet to tell my family (we live 12hrs from the closest relative). I'm calling my 2 closest family members later today and have decided I will tell a few others post surgery when I know all the facts and have the full plan. I have to do what's best for me, and that's what I am comfortable with for now. Enjoy your Sunday and TTYL!

• PugsMama
    Options

DSmom: there may only a couple of people in your life who will know about your surgery on Thurs., but we all know & will be supporting you! Like all of this cancer stuff so far, for me, the anticipation of telling my family was worse than actually telling them... Hope that's your experience too...

I think we're all going to meet some amazing strong supportive people on this journey, I certainly have here. The woman you met sounds like another one!

Wow, I'm sure you can get an amazing wig for $2,000! But you're right...one step at a time! It's certainly a challenge for me to keep my head where my feet are these days!

Xoxo

• Fightingirl
    Fightingirl Member Posts: 328
    Options

I couldn't wait to get on here this morning and see how you girls are. Alli, so good to hear from you. I'm certain I went on about the beach bungalow too! I know when they wer wheeling me into the OR, I said "it's time to go to my bungalow over the water." My mom came to visit yesterday and she said how amazed she was that I was the calmest one in the room. I told her about all you ladies and the bungalow and between that and being so inspired by you all, I was calm and ready to do what I had to do. By that point, I wasn't scared even the tiniest bit. Alli, I hope your pain has started to lessen and wish you a speedy recovery.

Vargadoll, I'm actually eyes of green but I had blue eyes until somewhere after kindergarten and then they kinda went grayish to green. I don't think eyes usually change colors that late but I can see the changes in all my school pictures. I love it....#toughgirls! Yes we are.

Pugsmama, you crack me up! I was up and showered before the sun came out. I couldn't stand my hair and I too am starting to get itchy. Matter of fact, a little of my own tmi...I have the girls free right now. I know I need to get that sports bra back on as I'm supposed to keep it on for a few days bit it was driving me nuts! They just needed to be free for awhile.

We have quite the short girls club going!!

DsMom, that's exactly what I said when I got my pre-op calls. Shits about to get real! It's also about to be one step closer to being dealt with. You're gonna kick cancers ass! That charity sounds so wonderful as well as the lady you met. I don't know a single person other than you ladies that has been through this. It's crazy that I don't since every day we seem to see new people join our January group. Best of luck talking to your relatives. I hope you'll find it feels good to talk about it. I think that some how it worked for me anyways, the more I shared it was kind of therapeutic and it kind of de-sensitized the word "cancer" a bit.

I am now getting a little anxious for results. BS said Monday or Tuesday so really hoping for clean margins and no lymph nodes. I'm not even sure how many nodes they took. I did not see my surgeon after surgery. She spoke to my family and my mom seems to recall she said 2 but my husband swears she didn't say how many.

Well ladies, enjoy your Sunday. The hubby is making blueberry pancakes this morning and I'm starving. Much love!!

• Leftcoastie
    Leftcoastie Member Posts: 77
    Options

Good morning ladies. I have missed you all. I have had a rough couple of days of recovery and didn't have energy to write. Today I feel like a new woman. I too am in the short club. I say I'm 5.3 but I know I'm really only 5.2!

I hope you all have a better recovery than me. I have been very nauseous and just not feeling well. This morning seems better. I have already had a green smoothie and left overs from dinner last night. I am so tired of sleeping on my back. It is sore. I'm hoping today I will be able to take short walks around the house and get my nasty hair washed. My pain seems minimal and I too am starting to itch. I know that's a good sign of healing. My husband has been an amazing nurse. I am so thankful for him. My nipples are looking ok. One is still bright blue like our beautiful water under our bungalows. I am hoping that will turn pink. I go in for pathology results from surgery on Tuesday and an appointment with PS to redress me and see how my nipples are doing.

I have been thinking of all of you. Hurray for all of us with positive node results during surgery! I'm praying for you all facing surgery next week. I will be there holding your hand.

This may be tmi but my husband said to ask you ladies, are any of you plugged up? I have yet to have a BM since surgery. I have been on so many drugs including stool softeners with no luck. Hoping the green smoothie will help! I'm not uncomfortable but starting to be concerned 😳

Have a wonderful relaxing Sunday!

Lisa

Xoxox

• Elem
    Elem Member Posts: 246
    Options

hi Leftcoastie,

Glad you are starting to feel better . Sounds like you are now headed for better days . I had surgery on the wed. The 4th and finally had my first BM on Fri afternoon . So it'll happen , I was not uncomfortable either , but starting to wonder what was up! Hope all goes well for everyone from last week . As we enter a new surgery week , wishing all of you girls the best ! The anxiety does takes its toll . But fortunately, everyone seems to say the pre op jitters is way worse than the actual event . Love to you all

Enjoy your Sunday

• Fightingirl
    Options

LeftCoastie, yes!! I almost asked the same thing earlier. I have not had a BM either and I am hoping that happens soon. I ended up needing a pain pill again last night though I'd avoided them all day in hopes that I could finally make that happen. I'm not uncomfortable yet but I can't imagine it'll be much longer.

Do we need to start a poop prayer?

• Fightingirl
    Options

by the way LeftCoastie, really good to hear from you and hope things just keep getting better. I'm still bright blue on my nipple as well

• vargadoll
    Options

Leftcoastie, glad you are starting to feel better! I seriously worried about the whole poop thing because I know what those pain medications do to your digestive system! Keefer helps keep me moving now. I will have to double up after surgery I guess. ....***sigh****

Fightygirl, really no bra?!?! I can't go without one lol. I wondered what you lumpectomy girls do anything besides a sports bra. I'm a 36 DD so I need to have a plan for what to wear after surgery.

Pugsmama, I have pretty long hair. It's the middle of my back and I'm wondering how I will manage it???? I will probably end up going to to the salon just to get my hair washed and styled. I have thought of so many ridiculous things. I'm right handed and my right boob is the issue so this list of how will I goes on and on haha. Like I have never changed a tampon with my left hand or wiped my butt?!?! I'm telling you my mind is losing it !?!

Itching is good! Healing is happening!

Did all or any of you have biopsies? Just curious. I did and I didn't bruise and the incision spot healed so fast.

Talk to you girls soone....you are my FBSillyHeart

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

my tagaderm has started itching also! I peeled back the edges a bit, but they wanted it to stay on for a week. Not sure that will happen.

My drains came out the morning after surgery, and I'm putting bacitracin on the little holes left behind.

Pain wise, its more discomfort than pain - like wearing a tight underwire bra 24/7 - I have an incicision in the under crease from the reduction.Im sore laterally bc that's where the lumpectomies were done. It also feels like my boobs are way out in my armpits. I'm hoping with time they move back more centrally later this week, lol. Curious what my final cup size will be.

No big poop yet. Took fiber gummies today, so that might help flush me out, but I've also not been eating much more than soups.

But, basically I'm back to normal. Walking the dog, going to the post office, etc... lots of rain is a good excuse to stay inside and nest.

By far the hardest part is anxiety leading up to surgery. Take lorazepam if you need to, and don't feel guilty. Exercise the week before, bc they told me not to exercise for 4 weeks after and I'm already antsy. I used an app called 'insight timer' and you can choose from hundreds of guided meditations. Learn to control your breath. Focus on our girlie island. Any positive visualizations help.

That's my update post op day 3 from 3 lumpectomies and bilateral reductions/lifts.

Good luck all!!

Anyone have advice on how to get the marker off your skin? Preop they drew all kinds of lines on my chest for the lift. I've tried makeup remover and bioderma, but still there, just fainter. I have yet to shower, so maybe it will come off then.

• vargadoll
    Options

Leftcoastie, glad you are starting to feel better! I seriously worried about the while poop thing because I know what those paid medicationa do to your digestive system! Keefer helps keep me moving now. I will have to double up after surgery I guess. ....***sigh****

Fightygirl, really no bra?!?! I can't go without one lol. I wondered if you lumpectomy girls do anything besides a sports bra. I'm a 36 DD so I need to have a plan for what to wear after surgery.

Pugsmama, I have pretty long hair. It's the middle of my back and I'm wondering how I will manage it???? I will probably end up going to to the salon just to get my hair washed and styled. I have thought of so many ridiculous things. I'm right handed and my right boob is the issue so this list of how will I goes on and on haha. Like I have never changed a tampon with my left hand or wiped my butt?!?! I'm telling you my mind is losing it !?!

Itching is good! Healing is happening!

Did all or any of you have biopsies? Just curious. I did and I didn't bruise and the incision spot healed so fast.

Talk to you girls soone....you are my FBSillyHeart

• vargadoll
    Options

Annoyingboob,

What about coconut oil? Did they use permanent marker? I was mapped out in 2006 with permanent marker but I don't remember it being there after surgery. That surgery was on my right breast to but it was just a cyst/fibroid the size of a grape. It was also very close to the surface. Not deep like this stupid cancer!

I have never taken any type of anxiety medication before now. I'm a pretty calm person but I take a half of a Xanax sometimes at night to help me sleep. I can't have my crazy mind keeping me up and night with every ridiculous senerio you could think of! My doctor called the script in when she called to tell me my results. So yes..just take the pill! We need our rest so we can enjoy the crystal blue water that is just past the white sugar sand oitside our bungalow!

• PugsMama
    Options

Leftcoastie! Great to hear from you! I say "5'3" with good posture" but I'm really only 5'2" also lol. Nausea is the worst! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better. My last bm was wed am before the surgery, not uncomfortable either so it just crossed my mind today that it's been a while. (I'm so used to focusing on whether or not the dogs have pooped, I never think about my own schedule. Maybe I should go for a walk...that always gets the dogs going haha!). Only started eating real food yesterday though (before that lots of liquids...soup, juice etc)..& I have been taking a stool softener twice a day. Note to self: eat some more fiber today! Add me to the poop prayer chain!

Vargadoll: I had 2 MRI stereotactic biopsies right after Thanksgiving & plenty before that over the years. My left boob had 4 clips & the right one had 2 (I'm getting used to talking about them in the past tense). Anyway, that's how they found my cancer. I had terrible bruising from that even up to the surgery date which was over a month later, but the incisions healed pretty quickly. The glue on the steri-strips really irritated my skin. I have clear tape on my training bra foobs & so far so good, irritation-wise.

The inside of my upper right arm & armpit where they took the axillary node is totally numb when I touch it. I know that's pretty common but it weirded me out a little bit bc you have no sense of how hard you're pressing on the skin with a washcloth.

Freak out moment alert! There's some dried blood on my surgical bra so I had to undo it to see if one of the wound sites was leaking. Good news is no so maybe one of my drains leaked. Everything seems ok & secure now so who knows. So I saw my foobs in their entirety. I'm not going to sugar coat it, it's a major shock but I have to remember they have a lot of healing to do. I really wasn't ready but seeing the dried blood forced the situation on me. Thank God I looked at post MX pictures online ahead of time to try to prepare myself. Maybe it worked bc I managed to hold it together & not faint! Decided not to have a pity party but it wasn't easy!

You're my FB too! Xoxo

• Leftcoastie
    Leftcoastie Member Posts: 77
    Options

So great to hear from you all! I had a spung bath, washed my hair, had a friend come over and French braid it and I feel so much better! Liz - we sure sound alike, I am so thankful for you. I have same numbness and tenerdness. Feeling so much better today. I hope all you ladies are too!

Add me to the poop prayer group 💩 Lol

• vargadoll
    Options

That chip thing freaked me out a bit to! I swear can feel it! I know I can't but you tell my crazy mind that! I'm also curious if any of you ladies had the Depo birth control shot? I had 2 in the mid 90's because I had such an issue taking the pill. Head aches, extremely high blood pressure and blurred vision. Anyway, Depo was not for me either. Terrible side effects as well. Had a tubal when I was just 28!

• Fightingirl
    Options

okay well since we are sharing...I did just get back from a walk with the hubby and it got things moving. Those who are able walk, try it. Hooray for poop! Not just anybody understands this world of ours. On this same walk with hubby he did share some feelings and at first I wanted to get mad but realizing all he's been to me for the last 17 years and knowing what a rockstar he's been these last two months with me, I had to take a step back. In a nutshell, I could tell he was slightly edgier than normal since we got up today. He is basically "cancered" out! He feels bad feeling that way and he knows it's not my fault but it has been dominating our lives. He knows it's worse for me so saying it out loud felt awful but it's what he's feeling today. I love him more for saying that instead of getting mad. Im cancered out too! I took my lorazepam to give myself a little break from my own crazy thoughts and came here to commiserate with all of you to give him a break!

Pugsmama, I'm sure glad that didn't appear to be serious with your dried blood but I also hope you are still holding up well after your forced peek. I can't imagine that was easy at all.

Vargadoll, trust me I could never leave the house without a bra...I'm a 34 C but with implants and the nips go on high alert at the slightest breeze so generally they are tucked away. After being in this tight sports bra and the tight tube top they sent me home in, I just had to be free for awhile this morning. It was like that feeling when you have your hair in a pony tail and take it out at the end of the day except I can't rub my boobs like I would my hair with the incisions! I also never thought about what it'd be like had my cancer been in my right boob as I'm right handed too. That will definitely make thinks a bit more challenging for you but you'll have to get creative! I had 3 biopsies by the way

I still have markings on my skin in various places where they wrote or had things taped to me. Tried to get it off yesterday and gave up...I figure a few more showers and hopefully it will come off.

Okay well prayers for poop for those that need it, prayers for healing and lessened pain for all who've completed surgery, and prayers for calm for those getting ready for surgery. Prayers for our people close to us who are struggling too. We are here together, let's make cancer so sorry it came.

What is FB by the way?

• Fightingirl
    Options

I had quite a few depo shots in late 90's and early 2000's after using birth control for several years. I also had bad case of shingles i 2000 and it took two years to recover. Those are the 2 things that sometimes make me ask is that when i got cancer?

• PugsMama
    Options

Fightingirl. That's a good man you got there. My husband is also but he's a minimizer & not really sharing about this other than "the only thing I care about is you're healthy" & "what can I get you?" so I bring everything here. I'm grateful for all of you for who knows how long it will take to adjust to this "new normal?" & not be consumed by it. I have to work on "acting as if" this isn't on my mind all the time. Let's face it ladies, life for us is changed forever but not so much for those who love us...

FB is Facebook...

I'll save my hormonal history for another post...it's a real barn burner lol!
  • vargadoll
    Options

Yay poop!

I asked about Depo because of the side effects I had my crazy mind wondering if that is where my cancer came from. My first Depo shot really did change anything and at the of the 3 months I got another. Well, my boobs went from a 34B to a 34D and I felt pregnant. I actually had people ask me if I had implants. The bust size was very noticeable. I didnt get anotherdepo shot and I did not have another period until 9 months after the second shot. I also had to take a mega dose of progesterone for 21 days to make my cycle start. So things that make you go hummmm?.....

Fightgirl, did you have implants already? I have heavy boobs. I am uncomfortable without a bra and my headlights are Always on. I am so afraid I'm going to cancer my husband out! We have had a rough few years. Oldest daughter passed away so unexpectedly, we moved, other daughter got married had another baby, my sister died again unexpectedly and daughter is pregnant again(not planned at all!)Now this shit with me!

I know we all have so much going on who has time for crap!

• 3bears
    3bears Member Posts: 161
    Options

So nice to hear from everyone. Wow. This is getting too close for me now. My BMX is Tuesday. Tomorrow I go in to PS so he can draw all over me. I don't hear much from any of the other girls who are supposed to be going this week. Dsmom thanks for checking in. Where's sheilaw8 and Dafne? Rosebowl16? At least you sixers last week all paved the way for me and I have a good idea what to expect. The surgery is scary,to be sure. But I'm more afraid of the new life after. My husband acts so strong , like it's not too big a deal. He has to live with a woman who can't feel her breasts. We did decide it's a fair trade for life. He's gotta be getting sick of all this cancer too. I don't know anyone who's gone through this either. Keep talking methrough thusbgirls.

• Fightingirl
    Options

you got this 3bears and we aren't going anywhere. I hope you find what I did. The day before and the day of surgery I found a strange sense of calm. I know the lorazepam helped but truly, I just felt ready to do what I needed to do. Obviously, mine was not the same but there is no reason you can't find that same peace. Picturing the bungalows, beautiful blue waters and all these amazing January ladies holding my hand going through this together is huge.hopefully we'll get some check ins from your fellow 10's soon. Do you have lorazepam? I was a wreck 2days from surgery so I made sure to take it the day before and the day of surgery.you are gonna rock it!

Wanted to let everyone know I private messages winchimed. I just told her we had been thinking about her and to take the break and healing she needs but we'd love to hear from her when she is ready. I think she is the only one we haven't heard back from after surgery?

• DCISinAZ
    DCISinAZ Member Posts: 135
    Options

Hi all - scheduled for UMX/SNB with direct to implant on the right and lift/implant on the left on Friday, January 13. Have had significant anxiety switching between surgery/post-op and mostly final path results. I was diagnosed with DCIS grade 3 on routine mammo but it's pretty large (appx 5 cm in span) so I am quite nervous about invasion. MRI didn't show anything suspicious in lymph nodes but we just never know until we know, right? This board has intermittently made me feel better and completely freaked me out. Best of luck and prayers (if you're the praying type) to all of us for many many anniversaries to come and this will be merely a blip on our long term radar.

• Fightingirl
    Options

Welcome DCISinAZ, sorry you have to join us but there's no better group of ladies to help pull you throug! Where in AZ are you? I'm in Peoria so was curious if we are close? Waiting is the worst... seems we are always waiting on something! Get some lorazepam if you haven't already! I'm so not a pill taker and never have been but while going through this I've had days it was necessary. You have so much to think about, who needs major anxiety too? I guess I shouldn't be pushing pills I just know I had them in my drawer and was thinking I could get by without and then it was just too much and I gave it a try. Best of luck and we're all here for you.

• GT1965
    GT1965 Member Posts: 29
    Options

Hello everyone. I just found this awesome site last night and so thankful I did Smile. I am 51 and was diagnosed 12/28 with IDC, grade 3, triple negative. I don't know the stage yet. I found the lump end of October, 5 weeks after routine mammo. It measures 1.5 cm. I'm scheduled for wide excision lumpectomy with sentinel lymph node biopsy on 1/17/17. Trying to still grasp this whole thing but determined to educate myself as best I can so I make informed decisions

• Did-not-see-this-coming
    Options

Ok ladies - I'll fess up that I'm a nurse, and that I used to work in endoscopy!! As far as lack of pooping, remember that for every day you don't eat it's at least 2 days of not pooping, and that the pain meds will bind you up something fierce for a few days. I used to like to mix milk of mag and prune juice in with some coffee and serve it warm to patients - the Bronx Bomb worked like a charm!!!! It gives me a bit of a different perspective, because there is nothing that grosses me out other than phlegm - it's my Kriptonite!!! Hoping everyone gets pooping soon - hugs!!

• docmama
    docmama Member Posts: 126
    Options

Hi everyone. Just got home late this afternoon, and feeling well. I had the thoracic epidural in for almost 48 hrs, and I'll tell you, it kept me very comfortable. This is a new protocol for mastectomies that my husband is developing at his hospital (he is an anesthesiologist) and it is growing more and more popular across the country. It minimizes the need for narcotics, I've only taken Tylenol and that was mostly for the sore throat from that stupid tube those darn anesthesiologists put in, lol. Seriously, you should ask about the anesthesia you will get and see if it is possible to have a thoracic epidural during and after your mastectomy. I'll keep you posted on my need for percocet later tonight, but I've been off the epidural 12 hours and am still pain free.

I also have good news, the surgeon removed 2 nodes - both negative! Also my breast tissue no longer showed any signs of carcinoma so it seems I may have pathologic complete response, I'll know for sure when the final results come in. I had targeted therapy using TCHP and will continue getting Herceptin infusions for another 9 months. Breast cancer research is truly remarkable and making great strides!

I hope all the women who had surgery on 1/6 are now home and recuperating. Marimucho, I hope all is well with you, your sisters are with you!

Good Luck to next week's warriors!

Angie

• Elem
    Elem Member Posts: 246
    Options

welcome Gt1965 , hope you will find info and friendships here as I have thatvhave helped with the great anxiety that comes with this situation of being diagnosed with breast cancer .

Docsmama so glad you are home and what an incredible protocol to reduce the need for narcotics. I cannot do any narcotics not even a tylenol3 , I get so sick . This new protocol sounds fabulous . Glad you are home and feeling no pain .

Take care lovely people and sleep well . Again , welcome Gt1965 , I hope you will find comfort and peace within this amazing community. I get scared about recurrence and waiting for path results and the phases of this, but if needed , I too, take a lorazapam(ativan) which allows my mind to erase fear and look at things more rationally, it really calms things so I can actually think and digest info without the intense feeling of fear. I only need a half of my 0.5 mg. Which is nothing. G'nite

• Maya15
    Maya15 Member Posts: 112
    Options

Fightingirl, my husband gets "cancered out" regularly, I can tell just by the way he gets edgy. But I have to hand it to him, he's been doing this for over a year now. I try to get him to go out and do things with his friends regularly to take his mind off it.

Docmama, hope your pathological complete response is confirmed! I had one too -- I did ACTHP and I'm still going with Herceptin and Perjeta. It's nice to know all that chemo isn't for nothing.

Looks like I've graduated today from narcotics to over the counter pain meds.