Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Options

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,888
    Options

Claudia~yay! To see you here. I am thrilled to know you're doing ok. I agree I need to go out more. I have beensetting a goal to do something each day, wether it's just a drive alone. It does help me get my mind off of things. I agree with everything you said. My mind does seem to play tricks on me sometimes. Thank you for the advice and kind words.

Keetmom~hug Emma for me please and can't wait to hear how your class went'. I may try something of a yoga nature. I'm clumsy though lol don't know how that would go over.

Chicago~ you're a lovely addition to our family and hope you'll share anything you may need to let out. Family zone here!

Mae~ I am going to think of you tackling #10 and I am hoping Against hope you do not experience any fatigue from the radiation. If any one can do it. You can!

Let's say a prayer for our fellow MBC sister Lita. She has had some major progression and she's scared and suffering in shock. I hate this disease. So much I can't explain.

Sleep well and many prayers and gentle big hugs. ~M~

• micmel
    Options

image.....just little humor to start out our day. Love you guys! It is seriously like that though for women, so I thought I'd share the laughter! Hugs to all!

Thinking of you Lita💐

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    Options

So true!😅

Claudia

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 966
    Options

Thanks for the great laugh to start my day-I practically spit out my water! Wishing a wonderful day to all.

• micmel
    Options

Lol you guys are great, I am so happy to have all of you here. It helps to know someone laughed and smiled like I did when I saw that. Hugs guys!! ~M~

Hope everyone has a great day. Strong day. Have a Love filled day.

Nan~ I miss you.

Claudia~ i did see deadliest catch. Of Course I cried at the end when they did they flares for him. I want Jake Harris to come back. I miss him and that history of the ship with his dad Phil. Who I adored from the show. It's such a. Good show. Like you said with out the sex, like the soaps. !! Much love to all. ~M~

Keetmom~ hope all is good with your class!

Mae~ waving hi to you!!

• keetmom
    keetmom Member Posts: 299
    Options

Class was good yesterday, I have crappy balance and they work on that....it is at the YMCA and free....and you get a free membership.

I had an appointment for more Taxol today...oncologist said my liver numbers were perfect everything was with in normal..which is the first time in a long time...scan in 3 weeks but he was confident that the scan will show stable or better...so that makes being bald worth it! Now I am gonna relax for a while...we had a new patio poured this week...cant wait until we can use it...will add pictures when I can get in back yard

• micmel
    Options

Chicago ~ I was looking at your diagnosis and I'm wondering if you meant 2016 diagnosis vs 2017 because September of 2017 hasn't happened yet. I hate those roll down selection drop downs! I was thinking we were diagnosed around the same time! Am I seeing things ? Hugs ~M~

Keetmom~ I have no balance whatsoever ever either. I am proud you're going. I might do something like that when the weather isn't too hot!! Please show the patio. I love seeing where you all live. Shame we all can't all sitdown together for real. It would be so special. Like old friends.

Hugs everyone. ~M~

• keetmom
    Options

It is 16x24....we need to build a step so Emma can get out easily...we originally talked doing a deck but they came back at $17,000 for same size deck...this was less then 1/3 of that...

So I will share a story with you, In 2015 we started looking for 1 story houses because our old house had lots of steps, was 100 years old, DH had to help Em up and down stairs she was a prisoner in her own home and then around this time we found out my cancer was back and in my bones, I had a compression fracture in L2 and was told no more carrying laundry baskets up all the stairs, 3 weeks later we found out Emma had MAJOR progression and needed to start chemo, she was started on a clinical trial and given a drug that the get 25 mg, and she was getting 175, it knocked her out and made it even harder for her to get around.
    My family stepped up and started a fundraiser for our family,by early Feb we were able to buy and move into this house, it has a first floor laundry, bedrooms on first floor, it has a finished basement so oldest has room to go when she is home, it is PERFECT and more then we could have ever asked for, it taught us how wonderful people are, it was really hard to put our selves out there that much but we will be forever grateful that we did it...(I am in WI so I know you wouldn't be able to buy a house in many areas of the country for what we got this house for)
  • chicagoan
    Options

Micmel-Thanks for pointing out I had the wrong year! I fixed it now. I was diagnosed last September, so it's been a little over 11 months now. I pretty much knew I had cancer but didn't realize it had spread so much until I got really sick. I just didn't want to be a "cancer patient" and was trying a lot of alternative stuff. So for me, getting into treatment has been good-I feel so much better than I did a year ago.

Keetmom-What a great looking patio! Should be the place for lots of fun and relaxation.

• micmel
    Options

Chicago~ looks like the treatments are also the same way. 2017. I can never get my treatments to show either and they seem to repeat a lot of what we already selected. Anyhoo. What a pain cancer is period! The day I was diagnosed I had ran 6 miles in an hour. I was like the wind. I did have some on and off back pain. I just thought I was because I was back benching 130 pounds. I was weight lifting? I still Can't believe this has even happened. I worry now if I even tried I might snap in half! How did you know you had cancer if you don't mind sharing ?

Keetmom~ ❤️Love love ❤️ that story. There should be more stories like that. You have a wonderfully amazing family and you so deserve to have that home for your family. Emma deserves to be comfortable in her home. I teared up when I read how people'sGenerosity made that happen. There truly is good in many people. I believe a lot are here! 😊 I love sitting outside in the fresh air. I think the patio was a nice choice. Decks are hot hot and the wood even breaks down a lot faster than concrete would. Congrats on your patio! Love it!

Hugs to all ~M~

• chicagoan
    Options

Micmel-I had a lump for at least 9 years and tried alternative treatments throughout that time. I had always been so healthy so I thought my immune system plus the alternatives might cure the cancer. I had a cousin who died in her early forties from cervical cancer. It seemed that the treatments weakened her so much and I thought she might have lived longer with less discomfort if she did nothing. That's partly why I so resisted becoming a cancer patient. For most of the 9 years I was strong, energetic and healthy. In early 2016 I noticed shortness of breath when I ran up stairs with a backpack in cold weather so I didn't think too much of it. Then as the year went on my shortness of breath got worse, I was coughing all the time, getting weaker and having trouble eating. I was still working but it got to the point where I could barely turn myself over in bed at night. Friends and family noticed so I finally saw a doctor. I am grateful to be alive, given that I let things go for so long. I honestly don't regret my choices. My doctor tells me there are lots of things to try if the Ibrance fails so I feel optimistic that I may have many more good years. I'm hoping to see the next eclipse-in totality next time! Thanks for asking.

• micmel
    Options

That is quite a story. I have to say! I can't imagine having that in my body for that long time period, you must have had one of the best immune systems around! I just wish there was never anything such as cancer. It's quite scary. I have had some of the heavy chemo already and it's a doosey. I know some tolerate it better than others, but I hated it. I just pray we stay stable on our current treatments until remission is told to us. What kind of alternative Meds's where you trying. I'm curious because someone I know that my DH works withs wife is also trying that as well, unfortunately I don't think it's working too well for her which is sad. So scary all these young women dying too early. I myself am only 47. Scares me to think that my time may already be running out. So lame. Thank you for sharing. Sleep well.

Mae~ hope number ten went well and that you're doing fine today! Hugs you strong woman you! I'm surrounded by amazing women here. I feel honored. God bless you all. ~M~

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,585
    Options

#10 done, potential flying projectiles in the yard secured, now I am cautiously optimistic that Hurricane Harvey will be less of a beast than we fear. Tomorrow rads bumped up, so employees can go home early, I don't blame them, I'll be semi on-call this weekend :(

• micmel
    Options

Mae~ thank goodness you're doing ok with Rads and that you're safe with that crazy storm. I know with your job you must have been awake late late Into the night, another amazing fact about you.. you still work.
    Good morning Claudia beautiful!!! Hope everyone has a good day. I am off to see my
    oncologist today. Hope everyone has a pain free good day. Much love everyone ~M~
  • bigbhome
    Options

Mae - I just heard the new forecast re:Harvey, please stay safe and know that we are thinking of you and praying for the whole Gulf Coast in Texas. We have a family member in Katy and our dils best friend is in Houston. So we are watching. I'm sure that like people in Florida, you are prepared. Gas, batteries, food, water, radio, generator, cash, an evac plan, notification plan, bulldog plan and can I repeat, water. Sorry, old habits die hard. I am always shocked at the number of people who are not prepared. We were so prepared for Matthew , other than no power and lots of limbs down, we barely noticed. But we were ready for worse. Please take care and try to check in now and again.

• micmel
    Options

sorry but lmao at bull dog plan!! Too funny. I went to onc today. He said no more monthly XGeva, or monthly blood work. Moved out to three months!! He said I am doing great. Scan though in November, which would be 6 months out from last scan, so poo poo on that. But my tumor markers were 18!!!! Normal he also said I have minimal disease in my bones and that he is more than pleased at how I am doing so I don't need to go back to the cancer center for three months. I feel I am dreaming. I am so thankful there are no words. I pray we all all hear those words. Remission or cure sometime soon. Thank you all for always holding me up when I fall into my worm hole. I was sad though because my favorite onc nurse assistant was leaving, today was her last day! I cried my eyes out. This woman is wonderful and she has helped me so many times when I was down and when i needed some pep talking. She was there. I adore her. I was so sad. I'm going to miss her so much. She had breast cancer at age 18 and went to her prom bald. She knows what it's like. I feel like today has been the best day I've had in a very long time. ❤️Love you guys

Be safe Mae!! Hugs. Please lets us know you're safe. I hope you keep your power.

Claudia. That was really cute about the bulldogs lol

Keetmom~ enjoying your patio??? Beautiful!!

Chicago~ you have shown me that people can live a long time even without the commercialized Treatments'. Now that you're in treatment. May you get decades more my friend.

Nan~ 😰😰😞love you Miss you. Lots. Keep waiting to see your beautiful face here!

God bless you wonderful ladies. ~M~

• chicagoan
    Options

Micmel-What great news! Here's to life!

Mae-Here's hoping the storm won't be too bad for you Texans. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

• illimae
    Options

I'm ready and have everything but the generator, fortunately, my neighborhood's power is underground and we were only out for 8 hours during Hurricane Ike, which was a direct hit. I don't expect too much wind from Harvey, just rain. Oh and I absolutely have a bulldog plan, lol. He has his own go bag with a week supply of food, meds and a jacket, if he gets cold. I have everything I need to, old habits from growing up in California and having a disaster box for earthquakes. I'll check in periodically, thanks for asking :)

• micmel
    Options

good morning everyone.

Mae~ was thinking about you all and hoping you're doing ok. And safe. I was watching the headlines in the news and it looks like a hell of a storm. So scary. I just hope your home and your family are doing ok. You're all in my prayers as always. Love to you all !! Hugs ~M~

• illimae
    Options

Good morning, everything is ok here. I slept well enough, woke briefly to thunder and lightning but that's a normal Texas summer, Hurricane or not.

I did just see an interesting email from my mother, who actually said "I'm am worried about you this weekend. Cancer is just a minor thing compared to Mother Nature."

Maybe I'll try some of that denial in my coffee, it must be delicous :)

• micmel
    Options

Mae~Hi so glad to see you here and posting. Was praying all was safe with you and your family! That is an interesting email honey! I think things can be rebuilt, but our bodies can't! Ugh! My mom is the same way!! The river denial! Hugs and safety sweet Mae!! Please keep us posted, so that we may make sure you're ok! 💙You ~M~

• micmel
    Options

Keetmom~I just went back and saw your good news! Yes being bald is worth it !! Congrats on your great news. Seems like we have some strong women here! I am so pleased you're on a good treatment and I am praying we all are going to find exactly what works for us! How is Emma and everyone not else in the family ? Hugs ~M~

Claudia~ where are you darling ? Hope all is well. Hugs sweety ~M~

• Nan812
    Nan812 Member Posts: 224
    Options

hi sisters.....i know its been a lil while since i checked in last but i've been so tired i really cant see straight....my hemoglobin has been so low that at my last 4 chemo tx they gave me double doses of procrit (med to boost blood) and i've had 3 blood transfusions in the last 3 weeks...honestly, i still feel so tired i'm kinda worried they may discontinue some of my tx....i do iv havalen and a daily parp inhibitor called lymparza....my last set of scans didnt look to bad so these meds must be doing some good which is probably why i'm getting the blood instead of stopping tx...i'm just not sure if they can pump it in faster than these drugs are eating it...i found a dress for my daughters wedding and i just hate how i look right now, i spent the extra money to have it altered to fit perfect but i look like uncle fester again (no hair, lashes or brows)...my family hates all the wigs that friends have let me try but they are used to seeing me this way and say bald is better than a frumpy wig...maybe i'll look for a light blue or baby pink one cuz even tho the dress fits well i still feel like i have a tiny pea head (gabba gabba hey) and a way to large body...i need some balance here....this is such a huge event, she is my only child and i just dread those horrible photos with me in them.

MIC!!!!....scans every 6 months is such awesome news!!!..i'm so very happy for you...i'm doing the dumbest happy dance ever!!!....my dogs are just looking at me real funny, lol....you are such a sweetheart for always remembering me...now that your scans are clear will you still be here to talk to?

i was putting that dr seuss quote in my notebook for my daughter and i came across one i wanted to share with all you dear souls.....

"i would like to remind you, when you are having a particularly rough day, that your track record for surviving particularly rough days is 100% percent.....and that is pretty damned good"....you all can do this.....love you, nancy

• keetmom
    Options

Not using the patio because it is rainy here and suppose to rain all day tomorrow...

Nan- I too hate wigs..got lots of cute hats...

Hope you are safe Mae

Mic-Emma and gang are doing good...Our oldest came home for a bit today...filled her up with food from my Costco Pantry....

• micmel
    Options

NAN~ 😭❤️I am so happy to see you. You made my day. I was waiting to see your loveliness here and here you are ! I want to say I know exactly how you feel About clothing, I hate the way I look now. I gained so much weight with going through this Chemo. I am going to be our holiday ham. I am sure you will be the beautiful mother of the bride. I am thrilled you're going to be there. Like my DH told me today, "you have to stop Being so hard on yourself". So I can understand exactly how you are feeling. Nothing I wear looks attractive at all I am filled with water retention like a water bag.

I am not going anywhere!! I may have no measurable disease, but I am still stage four and still fighting right along side of you All, I adore you Guys. I love reading all the posts and sharing. We need each other !!! It's still in my bones very small non evasive areas notbig enough to even measure. But I just pray the medicines continue to work for me. I don't want it to spread. That is the key. I pray for you every night. For all of you!!

Claudia

Keetmom

Mae

Chicagoan

We have a wonderful nice group here. I'm not going anywhere. So wonderful to see you Nan. Hope everyone is ok and Mae is safe in the storm. Hugs and prayers. ~M~

• bigbhome
    Options

Micmel - OMG! I am over the moon happy for you! What absolutely wonderful news! Are you still doing your happy dance, I would be! I'm glad you thought bulldog plan was funny. I was actually being very serious. We have go bags for our dogs and a tub of packed items for our horses in case we have to bug out due to a hurricane. We have 2 evac routes, depending on which way the hurricane is going, with 2 destinations that will accommodate our horses. I take the safety of our selves and our pets seriously. Things can be replaced, but lives cannot. Enough with the serious stuff! You go girl!!😅

Nan - So happy to see you back at the table! I am very sorry to hear about your struggles though. That sounds rough. I a.m. glad your last scan was good, though. Do you like to read? There are some wonderful audio books I listen to when my eyes won't focus well enough to read. That quote is so true! I need to write that one down and put it on the frig!

I completely understand about the wedding, but I know, as sure as I'm sitting here, that your daughter will be thrilled that you are there and see your smiling face when she looks at the pictures in the future!

Keetmom - Your patio is just in time to enjoy the beautiful fall weather! I don't know what I enjoy most about fall...the cooler temps, the beautiful color changes or all of the above equally. So happy for your good results! I hope you and Emma are doing well. So glad to hear you like your classes.

Chicagoan - You are one strong woman!

Mae - Sounds like we are alike in preparedness. Being prepared takes away a lot of the stress of the storm. Sounds like you might luck out with Harvey! Take care of you!

Hugs and prayers everyone

Claudia

• micmel
    Options

Claudia ~Good Morning lovely to see you here! I hope that you're having a good pain free weekend! I also hope that no otherness hurricane makes anyone have to prepare for anything so scary. I remember sandy, and I wasn't even on the coast, it felt like my house was moving. It was scary! God thing you guys are preppers!!! Hugs

Mae~ haven't seen You in a little or so far today! praying your home is safe and all pets and family also. You are in my thoughts and I'm waiting to see your name here so I know one of my sisters is ok! I'll be checking all day to see if you're ok ! Be safe sweety.

Chicago~ How are you today dear? Hope all is well with everyone in your world. It was such lovely weekend weather my DH has been dragging me out both days. He's good for me though!!! I hope your weekend was a good one!

Keetmom~ haven't seen you in a few days. Everything ok with you guys ? Emma?? Thinking of you !

Nan❤️❤️ So happy to see your lovely name! We have missed you! So happyYour scans were good also. We need all of us to be ok!!

Love you all ~M~

• illimae
    Options

I'm good. No street flooding in my neighborhood but many areas in town are flooded badly. Starting to wonder how I'm going to get to radiation tomorrow or if they'll even be open but I have a dry home, power and plenty of supplies, so no major complaints here.

• micmel
    Options

Mae~ your radiation is everyday?! That is a good concern, I can't imagine anything being open considering this awful storm. I guess you'll have to call first thing am! Also the traveling, geeze I'm sorry. Please don't take any risks though. It looks really bad in Houston. I feel so sorry for all those people. My prayers really go out to them. I am so happy you're ok and your home and area isn't too bad. The news shows awful areas. I sit there and wonder oh. She better be ok!! Thanks for checking in. How long is this supposed to last for you. ?? I saw on the news like 2 more days stalled above you?? Yikes. ! Thanks for letting us know you're ok! Our on the site reporter! Hugs ~M~

• illimae
    Options

Yes radiation is daily and the weather is forecast to be a big issue through Thursday. Now I've been asked to start working on emergency stuff, I'll check in later :)