Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Options

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,888
    Options

Keetmom~Hello beautiful! Looks like a place I would love to be. The sun is shining and look at that water. Love love seafood. That is what the beach is all about. I am so happy thay you're with your family on this wonderful trip. I am amazed at your strength and stamina. You go girl! Thanks for sharing the feast pic. Now I am hungry for seafood lol. Please be safe and hug Emma for me. That special young lady deserves a great time. You're a wonderful mom, wife and person. Enjoy every second of Your time away. Prayers for you and yours. Hugs ~M~

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,585
    Options

keetmom, looks like a wonderful time!! I grew up at the beach and miss it dearly, now I wanna find some sand to stick my feet in too. Enjoy!

• micmel
    Options

I want to go to the beach!! lol I love your emojis Mae! My friend came home from hospital today! I am happy about that. Today is a little achey. But the marathon continues. ~M~

• illimae
    Options

Yay, glad to hear your friend is home. I want the beach too, surgery and rads have made it impossible this summer. It's a bummer summer :( oh, well, when rads are done I'm gonna swim until I can't stand it.

• micmel
    Options

My most favorite place is in Virginia. It's called Chinchoteague and it has a four wheel drive beach. We used to go and spend hours alone with the kids on the beach. There was no one around for miles and we had our own space to spread out, play games, search for whole conk shells. Endless blue skies. Separate reality from anyone around. I loved it and have had some of the most beautiful memories with my DH and kids there. It breaks my heart. I remember one day I was visiting my father in the hospital after a heart episode. We are estranged and have been for years. I went because it was serious. He looked up at me in the most fragile state I had ever seen him and he said "life is fleeting". I had no idea how right he would be. Several years later. I am in the fight of my life. I just want to find who I used to be again. I honestly never thought I would die like this. As we all do we pray to go in our sleep next to our love. I do notwant to have this happen anymore. Don't you ever get weak Mae? You always seem so strong and so upbeat. I want to be like that. ~M~

• illimae
    Options

Micmel, if you ask my DH if I ever get weak he'd say "hell no! She's a badass!" The truth is not yet. I'm only about 9 months into this diagnosis and still working on completing my first line of treatment and I never had any pain, I still feel good and normal. I do understand the reality of my situation though and know pain/progression could happen at any time. Until then, I will push on, be the good patient and do my best to enjoy things like I always have. Fingers crossed I can be stable or at least get back up when I'm knocked down, I would like to see my 50th birthday.

I've always felt like a lucky person and somehow I still do :)

• micmel
    Options

Mae~ I think that is pretty amazing. I think you're a pleasure to be around and I am so glad you found this thread. I hope that you're always doing this well. I don't have a lot of pain. In my mets. But at the end of the cycle of ibrance I get tumor flare. Crabbie pains that ache. But then again it could be anastrazole , which Is also known to cause back pain. So who the heck knows. I have wicked heat flashes. That blows also. I pray we all stay progression free. For many many years. Hugs ~M~

• illimae
    Options

Thanks Micmel, we just gotta try and do the best we can :)

• micmel
    Options

Mae~It seems like you're a glass half full kind of person. Which is a lovely trait to have. Your hubby is a very lucky man. I think you have one of the good ones. My DH is also a gem. How long have you been together. ? If you don't mind my asking. I love your sense of humor. I hope its contagious!! Have a great evening and sleep well!

Claudia ~ 💕Hope all is well.

Keetmom~ hope your beach day was awesome. From the looks of it, it was! Be safe!

Nan~ miss you. Hugs

~M~

• illimae
    Options

We've been married 17 years this Christmas Eve and together for 19. He is a keeper, poor guy has a history of sympathy pains and has experienced some of my chemo SE's. We are very much in this together.

• micmel
    Options

Mae~ seventeen years is something else. Congrats on that. I have been with my DH 14. I can't imagine a day without his sweet loving self. I know what you mean when you say we are in it together. He tells me that everyday. I am happy that you have such a great love. That is what this threa is all about. Love for your family. Love for your friends. But most of all love for Your other half, the one that makes your heart skip that beat. The one you would work Miracles for , which is what I am hoping we all receive out of all this treatment and pain and. Mental anguish we all feel from time to time. You're a good woman. So happy You have found your one ! Hugs Mae. ~M~ The thread also has love for friendships and support everyday. Which I have needed quite a lot lately. Have a good week my friend !

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    Options

Hi everyone! I have been off for awhile. I had the perfect storm happen a week ago Sunday, after I cleaned my house. My back, which had non cancer issues, flared up big-time. My knee also which again not cancer related. But all those pains caused my left hip to flare up. I was also dealing with extreme constipation, followed by extreme diarrhea. Then with it being my week of Ibrance, I got chills and headaches and weakness x 2 this cycle. So with all that going on, I was a mess. I am finally feeling better today! I am going to Ortho Dr for my knee finally. This has been going on for over 4 months.

With a'll k that going on , there were good things also but so tiring dealing with it all, by evening I felt like a wasteland. I haven't even been able to read much. My eyes weren't focusing well. Enough about that.

Keetmom - Your pictures were great! I hope you enjoyed every minute!

Illimae - You are where I was 12 years ago. How is radiation going? You will start feeling some fatigue from that. Be kind to yourself. You're such a hoot and your Dh sounds great! 50 is a good goal. I never thought 5years ago, that I would see 60. I Just need to make it 3 more days and I will have made it.

Micmel - I didn't mean to leave you hanging. I read up and have been praying for all of us. I have been praying fiercely for Dianarose!

Nan - Thinking about you too and hope you are feeling good!

• illimae
    Options

bigbhome, today will be my 3rd or 30 rads, fine do far but I know that changes at it goes on. I was active during chemo and plan the same approach with rads, if possible.

Sorry about all the pain/injuries lately, hopefully it all improves soon.

FYI, I started celebrating 1/2 birthdays (before ), next Friday and Saturday are my 42 1/2

• micmel
    Options

Claudia~so very happy to see your name here. I was getting worried but knew you said you would keep us updated. I am so glad you have emerged from your collage of issues. You poor dear. Sounds like you have also been through the ringer, sounds like the month for it unfortunately! I am just glad your ok and someone is going to have a Birthday🎉🎂💕🎁🎊 (sorry can't compete with our Mae! And her emojis lol loving them!) 60 freaking years old god bless you my friend. I pray I'll see sixty. Not quite sure though. I am only (nods to Mae again) 47 and -1/2! Long time to get there for me. I hope we can make it that long. I pray so hard it hurts! Keep us posted about your knee. I know I had some flare ups myself this weekend. Now nothing! This disease is like cloak and dagger! Ugh!

Hi Mae! Hope you're having a good day!

Keetmom~ still wishing I was where you are !!!

Nan~ love and miss you!
    Hugs to all ~M~

Luckily Dianarose came home yesterday. They are still trying to keep it at bay and hit it with more AC! Thank is for the support. You ladies are fabulous!
  • bigbhome
    Options

• micmel
    Options

She did it !!!!!! Yay Claudia! I thought you said you weren't technically savvy. I beg to differ. Lol yay! You sound like you're in better spirits. I have missed you!! Hugs darling ! ~M~

• micmel
    Options

Good morning , I hope everyone had a nice sleep, I did I think, just wake up a lot to go to the bathroom, I am continually drinking water because of my self combustion issues. Then I am up twice or three times a night going to the bathroom. Who knows what time I actually fall asleep because my mind decides it needs to think more about my cancer. I tell you all that is the only thing that I tend to know that come rain or shine, will always be that gnat flying around my face. But this gnat has decided to stick around for the rest of My life. There isn't no swatting This gnat away! Life is already hard, throw a cancer diagnosis in the mix, and wham, you understand that, before cancer, now that you realize, things could Be handled. Now it compounds every little problem. I have no tolerance for things going wrong anymore. I just don't have the energy to deal with things that In the grand scheme of things pale in comparison to what we battle daily. Love you guys ! ~M~

• bigbhome
    Options

I think this says it all regarding hot flashes...

• micmel
    Options

Good morning Claudia~hope you're feeling better and having a good week. My DH will be up tomorrow, so I am really looking forward to that. He brightens my life. It's a rainy day here so I am napping. Sometimes sleep is the only place i have peace and don't find myself filled with anxiety or worry. Hugs to you friend! ~M~

Nan~😞 Miss you

Keetmom~ hope your vacation is awesome !

Mae~ hope radiation is moving along safely. And you're doing well!

~M~

• keetmom
    keetmom Member Posts: 299
    Options

Greetings from the beach...having  a wonderful time...did some shopping today..I bought a Coach Purse at the Outlet..it was on clearance so 50% off plus another 40% off....we spend enough time at beach don't need more trinkets...they Have a Tanger Outlet, it is really HOT not logging much beach time because avoiding the sun because of my Taxol, last night DH went on a fishing charter, I caught a HUGE flounder, DH is making it for dinner (nice part of staying in a condo...) now I am just cooling off in the AC...playing some on lap top..here yet tomorrow and then spending a day in Charleston, then home..probably Saturday.

they Have a Tanger Outlet, it is really HOT not logging much beach time because avoiding the sun because of my Taxol, last night DH went on a fishing charter, I caught a HUGE flounder, DH is making it for dinner (nice part of staying in a condo...) now I am just cooling off in the AC...playing some on lap top

• micmel
    Options

Keetmom~ is there anything you can't do? Look at you catching that flounder!!! Way to go. I am speechless! All I want to do is sleep and you're fishing !!!! On a very big boat!! You make it look so easy. And you look so pretty!! You and DH are adorable. Thank you so much for sharing that awesome time with us !!!! I can't imagine doing all the things you're doing. I think you're wonderful. You and you're darling family deserve these memories. So happy to see you smile like that! Big hugs for you Aimee!! Yay you! ~M~ P.s.i want a coach purse!!! lol awesome. I have to say that pic of you and your hubby is precious. Honestly. That is what this thread is all about. I love it. Thank you for sharing that with us. Love you guys !

• illimae
    Options

Very cool keetmom! I plan on fishing in the Gulf with DH and bestie in October. So much fun

• keetmom
    Options

It happened quick..really am not a big fisher person.. it was lots of fun...boat wasn't really that big....it was hard to balance...I'm tired tonight..but honestly I feel SO much better when I am active...

So this went to a friend of mine because we joke about how DH gives me a hard time about my purse problem..of course he took the picture

• bigbhome
    Options

Oh Keetmom, that looks like you had a great time! I'm so glad you are enjoying your family! Thanks for sharing your pictures! I envy your fish catching ability, I have never been able to catch a fish. Caught a duck when I was young. Very traumatic experience! The duck lived! Enjoy your last few days!

Illimae - October is a great month to be in Florida, not too hot, not too cold! One of my favorite times to ride!

We are taking the horses camping in Tennessee in the middle of October this year! Can't wait! We want to enjoy the fall colors on horseback. I have to get my butt in gear and stay legging them up.

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• micmel
    Options

Keetmom~ lol at your purse problem. Lol we all have our vices. I think you look adorable. How can someone look so good in a scarf?. But you honestly do. You have natural beauty. I think you're amazing. I would have loved to traipse through the store with you. I am also no fisher man. My DH is however, but then again he can do anything and everything. He's my amazing rock. I can't tell you how much seeing all your pictures makes me want to go on a trip with my DH. I have Set a goal to go somewhere with him in late fall. Just him and i. Even if I have to rest a lot more than I would want to. I need that time with him. I love your purse. Sounds like an outlet I need to go too. Please be safe as you travel home. I can't believe we are already seeing back to school commercials and the summer is already ending. Amazing how time really does fly by. Hugs to all ~M~

• keetmom
    Options

M- try to get away...it is mentally healing...our family does stuff at our own pase...my middle Dd is also special needs, so we do things our own. Way, take breaks as needed...maybe don't do some of the exciting things people with "normal" kids our kids age do...we seize the moment and do what we can..and make memories as we can...

• micmel
    Options

keetmom~we talked about it tonight, we are planning a small trip together in the middle of October. We are going to rent a cabin and just relax together alone. I love to read and sit on a porch with a blanket and a book. If he wants to golf , that is fine. I will be in nature and my book and reading. Then we will build a fire and spend some good time together. I love the changing of the leaves and the smell of the crisp fall air. I can't tolerate the heat like i used to since the heavy chemo. Taxol is considered aggressive chemo!!You're amazing. Thanks for the inspiration!!! I love that you don't let anything keep you from doing things on your own speed. I am always so exhausted. This ibrance gives out some major fatigue. But I am going to do it !!!! Yes I am. Have fun for the rest of your trip, and I love your pics! Be safe traveling home and keep the pics coming ! Hugs and prayers to your special family! ~M~

• keetmom
    Options

M- Im gonna be honest with you, I feel better on IV chemo then I did Ibrance, Xeloda or Affinitor...maybe a day here or there where not feeling great but I am doing every 3 weeks so I have plenty of time in between to enjoy life

• micmel
    Options

Keetmom~I have heard that ibrance does that, I feel tired all the time and I am finding out that each month brings a new layer of exhaustion, I am getting ready to start my tenth month of taking it. I can't even begin to really complain because, it seems to be working. My tumor markers were normal last month and am praying for that to continue. I am So thrilled that you are able to do what you want to do. That is so imperative for our mental stability! I always think ugh. Maybe next month it won't be so bad. I am thinking it's starting to be accumulating in my system and never lets up an inch. The only week I notice any difference is my week off, but half way into that week off I have to have my XGeva shot, whic opens up Another set of whoopass on me as far as side effects. Talk about being tired. Ugh! I sleep all day and feel aches and pains the next Few days after. By the time I am done with that, it's time to begin again the new months cycle. I just pray it keeps working for me. People ask me sometimes what I do for work. These days I say I have career in cancer, somehow they never bring up that topic again. Grrrr some people so annoy me. Have a great rest of your trip. So glad you're feeling well! Hugs friend ~M~

• micmel
    Options

Hope everyone is doing good today. DH is coming today which I am thrilled. I am hoping Nan's shower went well and that she is making many memories. I am holding her seat for her. Wishing everyone a pretty good day. I am feeling pretty good today so I am thankful!! Hugs to all and much Love! ~M~