Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Options

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,909
    Options

Mae~be safe if you have to go out please. I think you work at home ? I am hoping anyway. Don't want you out in this ! (I sound like a mom lol !) I am so annoyed that people left their dogs. That makes me sick. How heartless can someone be. You be safe and I hope you're not working too many hours because of this. Be safe hugs ~M

• keetmom
    keetmom Member Posts: 299
    Options

Rainy day here today.. nothing like TX but still a good day to lay low so we got a pizza and some movies and this is our view right now.

• micmel
    Options

Keetmom~Hi honey! Glad to see you're doing good on this Sunday afternoon. Can I come and watch. ? I'm a sucker for Disney movies. Hugs for you and Emma! How are you feeling ? Hope all is well in your world! Big smiles! ~M~

• keetmom
    keetmom Member Posts: 299
    Options

Feeling fine.. enjoying a quiet day....

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,607
    Options

Micmel, my office is closed tomorrow and radiation is cancelled. I will attempt to go in to work on contracts for the clean up once the water recedes but I'll be super careful and if I can't get there, I'll do what I can from home, unfortunately, I need things in my office to complete the process. No worries though, safety first, always.

• micmel
    Options

Mae ~ have you ever had to miss rads before ! Does this mean you'll have to make them up? I know nothing about rads sorry ! Hope you're not going to work too many hours. I know safety always first, but please know we are praying for everyone's safety out there! So be careful if you go anywhere! Geeze looks terrible I feel so bad for everyone. We had sandy. But nothing like that flooding, further out from the coast, we did have floods, but nothing like that !

keetmom~ glad you're feeling good today and good to see you relaxing and enjoying the kids!

Another week ahead! Maybe it won't be so hot so I can try to get some walking in. I hate always being indoors. Someone suggested walking in the mall.!lol I'll go broke. Need to stay away from the stores. I used to like to shop. Now I don't really because my feet get tired from neuropathy! But it is getting better! Today DH and I went out to breakfast and then to the awful grocery store. It was mobbed! Yuck! But all loaded up with snacks! Priorities! Lol hugs to all ~M~

• illimae
    Options

I haven't missed one yet but I don't have radiation on the weekends, so I think missing 1 or 2 won't be too big a deal and yes, they'll add it to the end. I am careful but it's crazy out there. Several bayous are now above the 500 year flood stage!

This is a major highway below!

• micmel
    Options

Mae~😲😲😲😲😲😲😲 my goodness! I so hope people got out in time. That looks terrible omg, please stay inside! I have honestly never seen anything like that before. I am jaw dropping right now wow! Yeah I wouldn't go anywhere near that. My gosh! Thank god your house and family is safe. So awful. Your still feeling good though right ? You said you weren't having any side effects and I am hoping that is still the case! This weekend I actually did things! Now I'm gonna watch game of thrones ! Be careful! Prayers for all down south!~M~

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

Micmel - there are a lot of rescues out there helping and getting the dogs. I could never leave mine no matter what either. I'm donating to several of the rescues.

Diane

• illimae
    Options

That's great and generous Diane.

Micmel, yes, still feeling good, which is lucky because I need a lot of energy to get into and stay in emergency mode. Roadways and traffic signals need to be repaired quickly, not when I feel up to it. I am a cog in a big wheel here, time to get to work.

I am actually taking my bully boy with me to work, I don't want him to be alone in with this weather and tornado warnings, etc.

• micmel
    Options

Edwards~it breaks my heart! I am so glad to hear that some wonderful volunteers are on the scene for the dogs. I am such an animal lover. But especially dogs. They know when you feel bad, they react when you cry. Those people should be banned from owning animals in the future. That is just cruel. And welcome Edwards to the thread. So nice to see you here with us! We have a nice supportive group of sisters here that help us through our days. I hope you will join us. Are you from Texas?? If you are i certainly hope you're doing ok and your family is also safe and sound. Hugs! ~M~

Mae~ love you! Please be safe. I'll be checking in for your safe return! Looks terrible out there !

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    Options

Mae - Wow! That looks awful. I'm glad you are ok and you are taking your bully dog with you. So far, Katy relatives are safe. I need to call dil about her friend, we have known her and her family for years. Sounds like you and I have the same belief re: these storms. Prepare for the worst, pray for the best. I will never understand the people who abandon their pets. They give us un conditional love. It is our job to keep them safe and secure. Stay safe!

Micmel - I am so glad you are enjoying your weekend!

Keetmom - pizza and a movie are always awesome! We had a rainy day also.

Nan - I want to tell you a story. When I was looking for a dress for Ds wedding, Dil came shopping with me. I finally found a dress I felt pretty in, but I did not want to buy it because my port scars were completely visible and I never wanted to show them. My Dil thought that was completely ridiculous, that those scars were a badge of honor and I should not feel self conscious, but feel proud. I am sure that your daughter feels that way about your baldness!

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• micmel
    Options

Claudia~ Hi beautiful! I hope you also had a good weekend, it was kinda surreal being able to actually do things with my DH, I constantly feel Like a zombie usually, but hearing that oncologists words just lifted me out of my funk. I am praying that this ibrance will burn out the only spots I have. He told me flat out , "your disease is too small to measure". "The spots you have are so small and non evasive, that you are doing remarkable and your bloodwork has always been beautiful" i almost fell off the examination table in the horrid and ohso flattering pink freaking gown. I looked over at DH and I saw him tear up and his eyes were red. When the doctor left he came over and held me and we had such an endearing moment. It was a sweet romantic weekend. One We haven't had in over a year and a half. I have been so sick recovering from everything. So.....please ladies never give up. Never. Women are amazing creatures. And this group we have here are some special strong ladies, I am proud to know and grow to love you each as good friends. Somedays you're all I have. I post because it helps me. And thank you for being here with me through this torturous journey! Sleep well ladies. Big hugs ! ~M~

• illimae
    Options

Wonderful to hear Micmel!

Have a good evening all. :)

• micmel
    Options

Hi Mae~ good morning ladies! I hope you're safe. Still looks pretty bad down there. I pray you're neighborhood is safe from flooding and problems. That pic you posted was scary. I can't believe the storm has stalled over you! Crazy storm. They were saying no one has seen anything like this before. That says a lot. I just pray not too many people loose their lives in this awful Harvey. Praying for you all that this storm will pull away and disappear for good!

Good morning to everyone and hope This is a great week for everyone! Miss all you guys β€οΈπŸ’œ ~M~

• bigbhome
    Options

• bigbhome
    Options

Micmel - Good morning! Again, what awesome news! Have you seen how well Gracie is doing now? She finally got her depression reined in. Such great news! Also, animalcrackers was asking about you. Have a great day!

Mae - I know you are working hard, just don't forget to take care of you!

Today is a good day so far! I had an appointment with my Pc on Friday, the knee and hip pain are out of control. They x rayed and I am supposed to get an appointment with ortho, but it seems there is an insurance problem I have to resolve first.aaargh! Oh well. Anyway, I reminded him I have a high tolerance for pain and I had reached my limit. I too had a great scan in July, but suddenly my knee and hip have become intolerable. I am also have more and more pain in my lower left side that cannot be explained. What h???

Not going to dwell on it, just felt like venting my frustration! Hope everyone has a happy Monday!

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• illimae
    Options

I'm safe and working from home today, doesn't look like I can get to work or anywhere really.

• bigbhome
    Options

Whoa, that's bad! Glad you are safe!

Claudia

• micmel
    Options

Mae~ wow wow!!!! I have never seen anything like that! I hope you have a lot of groceries!! That is really awful, so thankful that you're ok though! Didn't want you out navigating that Terrible flooding. The pictures on television look horrible. Makes me feel so bad for people and pets.

Claudia~ I know what it's like to have pains pop up here and there! I am going to pray that you're just doing too much, you are also always on the move. I told my onc about my extreme exhaustion and he told me to take those ritilan!!! He said it wouldn't hurt me only help. It does help but I hate taking them every day. It's like an engine that keeps running. But I also wanted to share something else he put me on, it's called Effexor! He said it's an anti depressant that is known to help with heat flashes,and help me with my sadness issues. I almost lept off the table and yelled sign me up! I have taken four pills I think, I don't know if it's in my mind, but I have had like four heat flashes, and none of them were nearly as bad as I am used to. He said it would work faster for the flashes than for the depression, that would take perhaps a few weeks to notice. But I wanted to share this information just in case it could help anyone of us !! Those are part of the worst side effects that i have!

I am praying for good scans or news for us all for a very long time ! I have spoken to Gracie I think on Thursday not sure if it was before my onc appointment or after. And where was animal crackers ? That's very sweet ! Hugs

Love you guys! ❀️~M~

• bigbhome
    Options

Animal crackers is on bone mets thread.

• micmel
    Options

Omg~I started my 10month of ibrance on Saturday and I am so tired. I literally slept all day. I fell asleep for hours. I feel so drained and tired. The fatigue could stop a train. I didn't take my ritilan today, I have taken it for the past few days and I just wanted to give my body rest and I guess it needed it ! I just hope I sleep tonight. Hope everyone is doing welll!! Hugs ~M~

• illimae
    Options

Just checking in, still all good here :)

• micmel
    Options

Mae~I was just going to write how are you?? Lol great minds. I saw that it was supposed to get worse again and it was going to wrap around and hit you guys again 😲😰! I hope you are feeling good and your house is still way far from the flooding. I saw some really scary pictures of the highways. I can't even comprehend! My DH and I are donating to the fund. Is there a specific one that you know of ? We feel so sad for the people. They are all in our prayers as well as you Mae! Give bulldog a hug for me. ~M~

Claudia~ hi sweety. Are you getting some rain and storms also? DH says it's a mess in Maryland today! Hope your pain is letting up, I know you said you were having problems. Love you darling !

Keetmom~ hope all is well with you. Hope Emma is enjoying her lovely digs. I forgot to ask you if she is loving that art station. I love coloring. If I was a kid I would have flipped.

Nan~ miss and love you honey. Hope all is well.

Chicago~ hope you're also pain free this week and all is well. I can't believe school is starting again and we will be thrown into fall. I love the cooler temperatures!

Have a good day and all

Be safe. Maybe I won't sleep today for six hours!πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€.

Stephen kings movie IT is coming out next weekend. My entire family is all going together to the movies. It will be the first family outing together, since I was diagnosed. I'm so excited!! I read the book years ago and I am so excited to go and see how it is on the screen, I am not a big fan of clowns but I loved the story!

• illimae
    Options

Micmel, still feeling good and the rain finally let up for a bit on my side of town. Work is closed again today but I'll be doing my part from home. There is no water covering the street, I have power and we had a minor repair to our roof a few weeks ago, which was great timing. I can't recommend any specific organizations but Red Cross is probably the safest to avoid being scammed. And my bulldog gets big hugs and treats, he has gone potty outside in the rain this whole time, I'm so proud.

• bigbhome
    Options

Mae - What a great dog! My Westie does not like to get his paws wet! I have to go out with him to get him off the concrete! Also, watch the clock to be sure he gets out lol. I have been seeing horror stories on fb, about people abandoning their horses, chickens and cattle. I just can't understand that. Before Matthew hit here, there were fb and phone calls requesting help with moving there horses. I volunteered as we have a trailer. Farms and ranches happily opened up there doors we when all other areas were full. It was pretty amazing! Having horses and having had cattle, I know all you have to do is pick up the phone or go on fb and someone will come help. That's something you can count on when you own animals. We are a very giving bunch! Stay safe and dry and hug that dog for me!

Micmel - I am glad you are having a good day! Stephen King... I love suspense and psychological thrillers, but I read It and it scared the cr?? Out of me. I haven't read anymore of his books except the Stand. Crazy scary! I do however, love Dean Koontz!

I have bloodwork today and appointment with PN. 2 more days left in cycle and woke up this morning exhausted! Now I have hour drive to

Mayo, then get out just in time for rush hour traffic, which means probably 2 hours home and yoga at six. I don't think I will make that. Darn, its my bc yoga. I just love those women! Oh well...

Hugs and prayers everyone

Claudia

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 972
    Options

Mae-Glad you are well and have power so you can help others with that mess in Houston. Unbelievable!

Micmel-I am so happy to hear about your great report from your oncologist and that you have a family outing planned for this weekend! Fantastic!

Claudia-good luck with your appointment today. Hope they can figure out what is causing that odd pain and especially hope it's not related to cancer.

I had a good weekend myself-saw the friend who has been great during throughout these past several months, unlike other "ghosts" :). I tried a different group for a hike this Saturday-I was still the slowest but people made a point of slowing down to walk with me. Had a lot of fun and then saw a group of cousins and aunts, who much to my surprise, have also been very supportive. Today I've been on the phone with my health insurance thanks to a surprise $2,800 bill I received yesterday for a hospital stay last September! Fingers crossed-it may be a mistake and they are going to reprocess it.

Hope everyone has a good day!

• micmel
    Options

Claudia~ you be safe in the traffic! I hate traffic! I didn't hear about horses and cattle being left also. I can't even bear to think of that. I had horses when I was a young girl. I could never imagine leaving even a hamster no less a beautiful horse or dog. I will admit that this entire thing is beyond scary, like you said. Some people obviously should have prepared better!

Mae~ my dogs both of them do not like their paws To get wet either, they pace on the concrete slab back and forth until I go outside with them (Claudia!) to make sure their business is done. I am thrilled your property and home is safe. I keep seeing neck level water places, and with them saying it will wrap around, is this going to effect you this time ? I pray not. And for everyone effected. Red Cross is it. Thanks Mae!

Chicago~I wish we were all able to hike together, then no one would feel left behind, we would be all battered up and walking together! I am happy that you have groups that care enough to not be ghosts as you stated. Boy did that hit home with me. So true! I am inspired by your hiking and am hoping to get out when the weather breaks again !

Edwards~ you never said if you lived in Texas or not. If you do I pray you're safe as well, since we haven't heard from you since last post.

Keetmom~. Sending hugs and hoping family is well. I have heard a 🐜 bug is going around since some schools have already started! Hope no one brings anything home to you! Wash those hands!!

Hugs to all !

I woke up at 736, And then fell asleep at 930 and woke up again at 11:11. When my son came down to inform me of his impending hunger. I have been exhausted also! I also love Dean Koontz. Nice choice. Have read many many of his books. ! Stephen King books I have also read almost all of them. I enjoy thrillers and mysteries, another favorite is David Baldacci! Fabulous!

• micmel
    Options

• micmel
    Options

Claudia ~ just checking into see how your doctors appointment went. I hope your pain is getting better. Do you have a palliative care doctor ? Mine helps me tremendously! I am praying for you and hope your ok. Hugs my friend. ~M~