Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Options

Comments

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,607
    Options

I'd like to take a moment to brag on DH. He's just great, smart (self taught), confident and supportive. He always plans little vacations, date nights, etc and is already working on anniversary planning (months away). I just received a link to a rental boat in the keys (I grew up at the beach and love water). Nothing set yet but this is a beautiful, fun and relaxing option. I don't know how I got so lucky!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,910
    Options

Mae~ I am thrilled for you! Looks like such fun. This thread is certainly the place for that! You are a very lucky lady! I hope it works out for your anniversary!! Happy place. Our DHs are. My DHs back went out. He's on the couch. Sometimes they do too much! Enjoy the rest of your evening ! Hugs~M~

• micmel
    Options

Today I was the care taker. It felt good to do some things for him. He just couldn't move. It hit him this morning after we woke up. He took a muscle relaxer and melted into the couch. I honestly Have never seen him in this much pain. It made me feel happy to finally be able to do something for him for once. He's always doing everything to take care of me. I made him go up to bed early.

It's been an emotional day for a lot of people. I hope you all know how very strong and special I think you all are. I value you being my friend here and helping me on bad days and helping me celebrate the baby steps. Many days reading all of your words have gotten me to smile and pick my head up. I know we have chronic issues we will have no choice but to deal with. But thank you for being here. Sending good vibes and happy thoughts.

With Lita mentioning hospice, it sure does smack you in the face when this person didn't have those symptoms three weeks ago, that isn't very long. Someone said today, it just shows that any one of us can progress at anytime. I really hate that dark cloud hanging over everyone's head. Everyday. These new treatments can't come soon enough as far as I am concerned. Good night ladies. Oh an Mae, I adored your picture and mention of bull dogs butts! Hilarious and kind Sophia would like the shout out! You're right she's probably knowing something is wrong, poor puppy dog. I'm sure Lita is going to love that.Sleep well ladies ~M~

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    Options

Micmel, I have been following your thread and I like the vibe here. Love of family, caring for others and a welcoming spirit here. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 37 years. He is my rock, supports me 100% in everything, especially this cancer experience. We have 3 grown sons. Our oldest has Asbergers, middle son out on his own working as a job recruiter, youngest still at home, saving to get an apartment with his girlfriend, he is a preschool teacher. I have a small but VERY supportive extended family. My mother is in the beginning stages of dementia and my brother and I watch over her. I have a large group of wonderful friends but nobody gets what I'm going through except the ladies I have found here. I'm currently on short term disability from my job as a nurse, just cannot physically do it anymore and probably won't be going back. Just had a stable scan this week, I have extensive widespread bone mets. Hope to contribute whatever I can to this thread.

• Lynnwood1960
    Options

Micmel, I have been following your thread and I like the vibe here. Love of family, caring for others and a welcoming spirit here. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 37 years. He is my rock, supports me 100% in everything, especially this cancer experience. We have 3 grown sons. Our oldest has Asbergers, middle son out on his own working as a job recruiter, youngest still at home, saving to get an apartment with his girlfriend, he is a preschool teacher. I have a small but VERY supportive extended family. My mother is in the beginning stages of dementia and my brother and I watch over her. I have a large group of wonderful friends but nobody gets what I'm going through except the ladies I have found here. I'm currently on short term disability from my job as a nurse, just cannot physically do it anymore and probably won't be going back. Just had a stable scan this week, I have extensive widespread bone mets. Hope to contribute whatever I can to this thread.

• illimae
    Options

Good morning all!

Micmel, I hope DH's back is feeling better this morning and that your day is SE free.

Lynnwood, welcome! One of the things I like about this tread is that I can brag on DH without feeling guilty, so many posts about crap husbands in other topics :( Congrats on the stable scan!

Today will be casual, running errands and going for a walk.

• micmel
    Options

Lynnwood~welcome to our thread! We like to call it our place to voice anything going on in your life. I can honestly say that I adore everyone of these wonderful, strong, women that are here with me everyday. Each and everyone of them have a place in my heart that is special. The strength of our families and we support each other and want nothing but the best for each other! I feel very lucky to have our little pub! I am so thrilled to have you here! I have seen some strong fantastic ladies show exactly what can be done, while battling this awful disease! Please join us and know family is always so special and the base of who we are. I am so warmed to read your love story. I know raising kids are a challenge! I so look forward to getting to know you! Much love all ~M~ Congrats on your scan Very important !! I am sorry about your mother, that is tough in itself! I am sending you hugs and good vibes! Always! Glad you're here!

Hi Mae ~ morning darling. His back is a little better today. I'll just have to treat him extra special today. It felt so good to take care of him. Yesterday! He's always taking such good care of me! Please do brag. I love hearing my MBC sisters being taken good care of. It's vital for our survival actually. I also noticed a lot of men not supporting their spouses. It makes me sad. Love you guys ! ~M ~ be safe on your errands. I'm sure it's still not so easy getting around. Due to Harvey

• Lynnwood1960
    Options

I simply cannot imagine going through this without my husband! He never wavers at the scary ugly uncertainty that cancer has brought into our life. This is not how it was supposed to be for us but here we are and we are doing this together. This is my favorite story of my husband... When I had my bilateral mastectomy in 2008 ( little did we know then that cancer would become metastatic) I was in the hospital. My chest was covered with orange Betadine, drains and staples and was frightening even to me. I told my husband that he might as well see it all now, the good, the bad, and the ugly. He looked at me standing there in the bathroom of my hospital room and said these words...." Do you know what I see when I look at you? I see that your cancer is gone and you are here for me to love and I thank God for that." I always say that these are the most beautiful words ever spoken to me.

• micmel
    Options

lynnwood~ I am smiling right now! My DH said the same thing to me. He still comes up with reasons to trip me as I walk by him. He giggles at me, while secretly making sure I really Don't fall. It's the playful sweet times like those, that give me strength and make me happy. I am thankful you have your precious DH. At my darkest times he's been the one light bringing meback. I have my kids but there is nothing like that one true love to make us fight like women!!! I can't even imagine someone else in my place. Breaks my heart in twelve pieces !! I hope you all enjoy the holiday with your family!! Much love ~M~

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    Options

Welcome Lynnwood! Congratulations on your stable scan! We love to here good news! Your story of what your Dh said to you brought happy tears to my eyes! Thank you for that! He sounds very special! So sorry about your mom, that is so rough to go through. My stepfather in law has Alzheimer's. You know, inn our darkest moments, we need to remember that there are things worse than what we have. A friend of ours had been good friends with a man who is 38, married, with 2 small kids, who just entered hospice with ALS. Breaks my heart!

On a more positive note, my Dh just wants me to be here, no matter what I look like, no matter how tired and sore, just be here. Although, he would hate it if I was suffering. He is finally building the shop that he has been wanting for years! He also decided my barn was no longer functioning for the new me, so he added a small, yet extremely functional barn onto his shop! We call it our shabarn! I'm so excited since it will make caring for our horses, so much easier for me! He doesn't think I figured out this puts me close to him so he can keep an eye on me. He is my heart! We have been together 29years!

Micmel, they just don't understand how much we love to take care of them! Yesterday, I was so tired, but I managed to make one of Dh's favorite dinners. You would have thought I handed him a million dollars, he was so happy! If you have Biofreeze on hand, we find that stuff works great on sore muscles! Also, sitting in anti- gravity lawn chairs. Enjoy your weekend!

Mae - that boat in the Keys looks great! Whatever you come up with will be fun, because you will be together!

Sorry for the novel. Nan - Holding you close to my heart!

Hugs and prayers everyone

Claudia

• micmel
    Options

some really wonderful. DHs here. Mine just made rice crispy treats for me. They are a weakness of mine. My rear end doesn't think so. But they are really delicious. He also smoked a pork roast and that was heavenly. Just watching a movie. It was misty all day on and off, I think people had their picnics yesterday,but it was rainy then too. But oh well I enjoyed the time with my family ! Hope everyone. Is safe. Keetmom?! Everything ok ? Thinking of you all ~M~

• Lynnwood1960
    Options

We just had a wonderful family cookout today. My husband is the family cook and cooks every Sunday for me, our sons, the girlfriends, my mom, brother and sister in law. Cooks all the major holidays too. This will be the first Labor Day holiday that I am not in the workforce. Feels strange but good. Micmel my rear end has seen better days! Seems everything I eat ends up there! Oh well, I don't smoke or drink alcohol ...I stress eat and that's prob not going to change. Hope everyone has a good holiday! I volunteer at a cat rescue so I will be spending my morning there.

• micmel
    Options

Good afternoon ladies~hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the day off. Feeling pretty good today! We spent time cleaning out the basement. Stuff just seems to accumulate like crazy. And it's not even mine!!! Rained a good part of the weekend but I am not complaining! Gotsome things done! I realize that I am not as strong as I used to be and that bothers me. A lot. I used to be able to run like the wind. Now I have to rest sometimes while doing manual work And housework. It seem to Be a lot more work then before diagnosis! I Hate you cancer! Hate hate! Hugs and much love! ~M~ how is everyone today??

• Freya
    Freya Member Posts: 329
    Options

Micmel wrote: I used to be able to run like the wind.

Me too, now I just run like the winded Winking

• illimae
    Options

I'm doing well, sitting up in my bed at MDA getting my Herceptin and Perjeta. Afterwards, I'll stop at the store to get DH's meds and begin dinner prep, I can't decide between steak or shrimp.

Thinking about a short, early evening bike ride but who knows, sure it sounds good now....

• bigbhome
    Options

Yesterday with Dh...sitting on our deck. The tree you see is 200yrs old! It Has been struck by lightning and been brushed by a tornado.

• bigbhome
    Options

This morning we went for a ride! It was fun but too hot! Here is a pencil drawing of our "shabarn"!

• bigbhome
    Options

I'm so glad to hear everyone had a good weekend!

• illimae
    Options

Beautiful scene with the pool and tree with Spanish moss bigbhome :)

• Lynnwood1960
    Options

I spent my morning with my kitties. I volunteer two times a week at a cat rescue. Problem is that I want to bring them all home!

• micmel
    Options

imageI just had visit from the most precious puppy in the world and now I want one!! My heart is melted! Help me. It was great day! Love that tree, and the pool! Makes me want to go swimming!! Claudia, such nice property! Nice plans for a new barn. And a ride?! You go girl! Loving that! I'm jealous. I would love to volunteer with animals!! That sounds like such fun Lynn! Mae~ how is the area cleaning up.? Anymore flooding ? I'm hoping everyone can slowly get their lives back together. I keep seeing commercials! Makes me wonder where all the water can possibly go!!! Here Is the puppy! His sweetheart name Is Cheif!! 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

• illimae
    Options

Clean up is coming along and I have two more to do tomorrow. This pic is on my way to work, once I come out from under that RR bridge and turn the corner, I'm there. I had to go another way on Thursday but it had fully drained by Friday.

• micmel
    Options

wow! I really hope this Irma makes its way out to sea and doesn't bother any coast this time. I am just waking up! I am alway so tired on this medicine. DH left this morning down and back to Work! Yuck. I wish he could just retire. Then I'd have more time to spend with him. He was exhausted from battling his back being thrown out. I keep telling him. He isn't a spring chicken anymore!! I know their are a lot of people on other threads that are having their scans this week I am praying that everyone has good scans and sees improvement!! I had some bad dreams last night. Geeze what am I ten? Seriously who has bad dreams at 47?? Anyhoo. I hope everyone has a good pain free day. I see my palliative care doctor next week. And then no doctor again until the end to middle of November, that's what I should have been dreaming about ! Much love ~M~

• bigbhome
    Options

We are starting to prepare for Irma. I don't have time for this. Oh well. I'm sure no one in Texas had time for Harvey. Depending on what happens with Irma, Dh is supposed to go to Houston on the 20th, I was supposed to go with him but I have MRI of hip on the 24th. Can't cancel and he can't reschedule. Oh well...I'm So glad we had one of our big trees removed, it was going to go it was just a matter of when. Every storm that came through had me inn a panic. Now, no worries on that front!

Have a great day everyone!

Claudia

• micmel
    Options

Claudia~ Not another storm!! I can't believe this is happening. I really hope it hooks away! It could still turn. It has to! I really hope that it just heads out to sea. This seems to be an active year already. I read the store shelves are already bare in Florida!! Oh Claudia. Are you very close to the coast? I'll be constantly checking for you! 😞 Geeze. Be careful not to strain your hip anymore. I'm sending love and thoughts for a big ole miss! For everyone in the us northeast coast! Enough already! Much love friends! ~M~

Keetmom?? Haven't seen you honey. Everything ok. ? How is Emma?

Chicago? How was the hiking ? You ok too ?

Nan~sending hugs and thoughts!

Lynn~ still loving those scan results. May you have many many more!

Mae~ what a difference a week makes! I still can't believe you are still working. I guess you saw up close damage with your job! I hope no other storms bother Texas either this decade or two! Hugs!

• micmel
    Options

I just heard another update about Irma. Geeze. It looks like the projected models say that Florida is in a lot of their paths. I am really hoping you're home is more inland Claudia! I guess at some point if you live on any coast you face the chance of this happening. I remember Sandy,it came right through and sounded like a freight train. I could feel my walls moving. It was five days with out electricity in October. It was really cold. All of the contents in the fridge were lost, we hadn't to bathe at the Ymca at least once. I was a total mess. Flooding everywhere. I am hoping it looses a heck of a lot of steam on its way, usually when they hit land they weaken. I am really hoping this is the case!

My good friend Dianarose isn't feeling well again and had to gonna back to the cancer center, if I think about it, she's been there almost everyday for a month. She's fighting her heart out and she's had so much AC, she can't take much more. Please give her good thoughts. I am sitting here worrying about her. It's so hard this awful disease! Much love ~M~

• bigbhome
    Options

People here are freaking out! It's ridiculous! I can see S Florida freaking, but not up here yet. They show it going up the west coast and then turning into us. Ok, that scenario is scary, but they also show it going through the gulf to Alabama/Mississippi border. Or up the east coast and just brushing us. We won't have a good idea for a few more days, but we are preparing nonetheless, as there is another one right behind it. So much for a peaceful September!. I have all but 5 items done and ready. Still working on those 5. We need a little more info before we decide to bug out or not.

Dianarose has really been through the ringer lately. I am winging special prayers her way. Please let us know what happens with her.

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• keetmom
    keetmom Member Posts: 299
    Options

We took Emma to the Urologist today..they were blown away by the fact that she actually passed the kidney stone...her Drs are 2 hours away so I am tired tonight....first day of school tomorrow, they missed it today.

• micmel
    Options

Keetmom~ so happy that Emma passed the stones! That's a relief. I am sorry she missed the first day though of school, she'll be all ready and stone free Tomorrow! I am glad to hear you're all ok and I hope you get yourself some rest.! Claudia~ make sure you have all the supplies you need. I am glad to hear you're not right on the actual coast. I just hope the thing looses steam. Darn storms. Don't they get that people have illnesses? (Sarcasm Sheldon) for any Big Bang theory fans! I just hope everyone is ok! I am thinking about your pain. Hoping everyone has scans that are more than stable! Love you guys ! ~M~

• micmel
    Options

Good morning! We had some storms come in last night with some nickel sized hail. I hope the cars aren't dented. Crazy weather. I find it so odd that this summer wasn't even really all that hot here in the northeast. Barely had two weeks of over 90 degrees, but already have had two hurricanes that are destined for the US!! Wtf!? It was already a very rainy summer here and now it's over and here come the hurricanes.

I am debating getting my Hair colored again. I talked to my nurse about it and she said go ahead. Just try to have them use more natural ingredients! I don't know I'm so afraid of anything hurting my chances of staying stable! I don't eat soy, because a lot of it breaks down into estrogen into your body. So I don't even have that! Have any of you ladies colored your hair since? I had the aggressive chemo last year and my hair is big like Don King, when I wake up. No no socket is not needed. I already have that look going on!! I would love to have it straightened. I miss my old Body and hair so very much!! The saying you don't know what youve got until its gone .....poof magic gone ! Is so truthful! Love you guys ! ~M~