Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Candy - yay for stable!

Mae- yes stable is good. Enjoy your dinner with friends 😋

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 608

Candy and Mae, wonderful to hear stable results!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,447

Candy and Mae, I am very glad you are both stable. What we want to hear.

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Great news for the stable Mabels, happy dancing for you.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

sending out a holler for stable. Awesome !

Mara~ glad you're doing a little better!!!!

• mara51506

Well, walking still bad. Sidewalks still treacherous with old footprints. Had to suspend the walk even with cleats and uber there. Cleats throw my balance. UBER home too.

• micmel

This is a hard thing to share. Someone I adored so very much. 50'sgirl Lynne passed away in her sleep last night. A good friend has confirmed it. I knew she was fighting hard. What a sweet lovely woman who always had a kind word. I'm just very saddened by this. She was an amazing person. Rest in peace.

• micmel

image50’sGirl. Will be so missed this disease sucks. Rest in peace sweet sister

• mara51506

Lynne, I am sorry to hear she has passed. My deepest sympathies to her family and friends here and in real life. She is resting comfortably now.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Oh, how it hurts to lose another sister. Sweet Lynne. May she truly rest in peace!

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,039

Heart-broken over Lynne, 50sgirl. I always looked forward to her posts. She was so kind and seemed to have just the right words to help people. I knew she was not doing so well but did not see her death coming so soon. I hope she did not suffer and is now flying with the angels. I will miss her voice on these boards.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,544

We, too, are so very sorry to hear of Lynne's passing. Sending big hugs to you all.

--The Mods

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827

Gosh so much loss just heartbreaking to lose all these wonderful souls. May she rest in peace.

Clapping for all those stable scans! Nice to hear positive news too.

Big hello and hugs to all in the room.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Oh how I hate to hear of 50'sgirl passing. She was always so nice to respond to my posts and offer advice and ask about me. May she Rest In Peace.

Edited to add---Mel if you can post her obit that would be nice. I would like to read it.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875

I’ve been dreading this news about Lynne. I knew she was failing as she too was running out of options. Such an amazing, kind woman. I’ll miss her so much on these boards. Thank you for letting us know Mel.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Oh no, not 50s! She had such great luck for so long on some rather unconventional treatments and was always willing to try and see past her current challenge and see the bright side of enjoying life. Im sad to think that she wont have the chance to plan her garden this winter, though I suppose, on the balance, passing in your sleep is about the best way you can go with this craptastic disease.

Mel - Id like to read the obit as well. Do you know if she had had 'The Talk' with her MO? I knew she was getting towards the end of possible treatment lines.

Congrats to candy and mae for those stable scans!

Nothing new here, started PT for this right hip pain which is actually due to the iliopsoas muscles which shouldnt be surprising given all the surgeries, spinal radiotherapy and general recovery last year. I found a good PT (she works with ballerinas!) to help sort me out, but man those exercises get boring after a while. Off to Netherlands tomorrow for a long weekend at a small music festival.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875

Sondra, she had “the talk” some time ago. Lynne and I spoke about it back in September when I had my initial pre-talk… last shot at chemo. But she was a fighter and kept trying.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

I am getting so afraid to read posts. I was barely ready to express my sense of loss over B-A-P and now 50's Girl. The losses of so many beautiful souls.

When there is radio silence from frequent posters I worry. I hope that they are not in pain, are at peace. I want to think of them disappearing from this world in a twinkling cloud of faerie dust.

Yay yay for all the stable Mabels!! Pocket duty for those with scans coming up.

Have a wonderful time at the festival, Sondraf, I hope you can still dance your ass off even with a bad hip.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Another special woman taken from this place. Lynne passed in her sleep, but the memories of her life will live on.

• mara51506

Gosh, I am such a pitiful person, worrying about falling outside when overall other than that, my health is good. Geez, will not be long until the warmth will melt the sidewalks and if I don't feel safe, I will go along and salt the sidewalks.

I took an UBER part of the way to the hospital. Was an all day affair. Saw my MO, bloodwork is fine. They are unhappy about my recent falls but I assured them that this is not a cancer issue but a coordination issue which is long standing. and ice caused the last fall. Turned out that an CT was missed in January so a CT was scheduled, port access done then had to walk across the hospital to get the MRI, head back to chemo and got my Herceptin. Tiring but at least they fed me cheese and digestives with pop. Took a taxi home because I am tired. I do not remember 3 appointments in a day before but it all worked out. Just need to work on my fear of falling or just stay in til snow is gone. Tomorrow since the temperature is skyrocketing, I may use the damn shovel and salt, we will see how I feel. Also need to walk more at home and take it seriously. Not today, need to rest. I am still sorry about Lynne and her family, happy to hear about Mae and Candy both being stable, that is always a win.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535

Sorry to hear the news about BAP and our 50's girl. Heartbreaking. Lynne was always so positive caring and helpful.

Congratulations Mae and Candy on stable.

Tanya

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

wow, really sad to hear about 50’s, she’d been posting here from the early days and I was thrilled to see her back after being around less frequently for a while. I remember to stories of when both Lynn’s met up for lunches years ago. I’ll miss her.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,039

There were 3 Lynn(e)s who used to meet up at one point. I guess all of them are gone now? Very sad.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,165

I am so sad to hear Lynne (50sgirl) is gone. She was always so thoughtful and her posts so eloquent. I knew she was running out of treatment options, but I didn't realize her last treatment was failing. I hope her dying in her sleep was a peaceful as it sounds. Prayers for her family and friends.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,165

Today has been a mixed bag here. I woke up to an urgent text from our RV storage facility. Evidently, someone broke into several RVs (including ours), stole one, and rammed the gate to the facility in the process. They broke into the garage area of ours (toy hauler) and could not get into the main area due to the slides being in. There was nothing to steal and they did not trash it, so we are luckier than some others

On the good side, my sister stopped by on her way back to Illinois. We had a nice dinner and visit, and they will be on the road again in the morning. We week be picking up my daughter's dog again tomorrow 🙂 and will have her for a week.

Mara, your day sounds exhausting. I'm glad they gave you a snack to help you get through it.

Love and hugs to all you dear ladies.

• mara51506

Seeq, I am sorry your RV place was broken into and glad your RV fared better. Your visit sounds great. Enjoy the dog coming as well

• mara51506

My usual daily yap about what I may do today.

There is heavy rain so not bothering to go out unless it eases up.

Property managers seem to know how to do construction, unsure what they are doing to hallways. Funny they don't understand cleaning a building or looking after snow.Surprised they have not asked residents to do whatever they are doing.

Just made up some ramen, not eating whole thing, just adding small amounts to normal meals. Today, I will have 1/2 cup ramen noodles, 1/4 cup bean mix, spinach. Probably grind up noodles, beans and spinach, add to frypan with 1/4 cup beefless ground, sprinkle of shredded cheese and wheat bran, heat up until cheese melts. Not sure seasonings I want to use yet, might go for a garlic parmesan and steak and bind with either sour cream or mayo.

Other than that, walking in the house, marching most likely. Back is sometimes a pain but just taking advil and trying to remember to keep moving every 20 to 30 mins. I was surpised to learn when I was weighed that my weight has not changed for 6 months. Must be why the MO is not hassling me to lose weight. Still have squats as well hamstring work and calves. I believe I am up to 13 reps of each.. Goal is 100 of each of the leg exercises and to keep those up. Strength is more important to me than just cardio and muscle mass would be good.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Seeq, sorry about the RV, that sucks. Ours was stolen a few years ago from the storage place despite requiring an entry code and conveniently during the two days that damaged cameras were being repaired (inside job, I think). I was beyond livid. It was found nearly a year later completely trashed and had apparently been lived in for a time, dumbass left lots of mail and car registration. He'd donesome time for an armed robbery, sadly cops seem uninterested, we never heard from anyone after filing the initial police report.

Heading home soon, so long day of driving.

• micmel

SeeQ~sorry about the rv. People suck sometimes.

I can’t shake 50’sgirl. Deeply saddened and upset over this. She was one of the nicest people on here. She was coming around more and more. Just plain sucks.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 721

So glad to hear of positive scans and then that good news is tempered by the loss of 2 sisters. Makes me so, so sad.