Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

.Mae, that sounds like great fun and for a good cause as well.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Wonderland, I am jealous of your flowers & Karen, I am jealous of your cooking/cleaning husband!! (Mine has many great qualities but, unfortunately, cooking & cleaning are not among them!)

I went to Pound this morning & will go to Dance2fit tonight. After that, the lady with MM I mentioned is having a Remission Party. So Karen, hang in there & you can look forward to a remission party of your own! Heart

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

fredericknp,

At least one poster on BCO mentioned getting IV high dose Vitamin C during pre-metastatic stage breast cancer. As I recall this person was still pre-metastatic and had a favorable opinion of the treatment. I do not remember who the poster was, but based on the information she provided I inquired into Integrative Cancer Care at the Block Center, located in the Chicago area, I believe. Dr. Keith I. Block MD started this practice and he has a book "Life Over Cancer". In response to my inquiry into the Center I received a complete run down of their package of services and costs. Costs are a combination of out-of-pocket and insurance billed. Services include nutritional counseling, full fitness assessment, saliva test for cortisol, hormone, and melatonin levels, MD visit, vitamin infusions including Vitamin C, and supplements. If I had been pre-metastatic, I would have seriously considered pursuing this service, but since I was metastatic I was nervous about going down this route while still maintaining care with my local MO and cancer center. If my cancer center offered IV high dose Vitamin C as a complimentary treatment, I would definitely consider it, even at an out-of-pocket cost.

• elderberry

lillyshire, I don't think I have a recurrence now, but I believe I will sometime in the future. 1yr,4yrs, 6yrs, 10 yrs............ who knows.

You know the saying, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me! Yes, I had three NEW breast cancers, and yes, all caught early, but I seem to be a cancer magnet, with a strong family history and will always feel I am putting cancer on hold, rather than being "cured."

I just wanted to know how and where, those with recurrences or new breast cancer after mastectomy, discovered them.

• illimae

lw422

👋👋👋👋

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 608

Anne - Thank you for all you’ve done for our community. I know your book helped me immensely and a lot of others as well! It was hard and sad to read your post but I pray that you have a peaceful transition for you and your husband and I will pray for you both

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,949

May be an image of text that says '"It takes a monster to kill children. But to watch monsters kill children again and again and do nothing isn't insanity- it's inhumanity." ~Amanda Gorman, Poet'

• micmel

I haven't heard as yet. I just recall reading somewhere where the mods said we would definitely know when it was done. I try then to recall all the things people didn't like and think that is what we will see. Pages not stark white, and hopefully laid out better with less wasted space. I do note that the words we type seem to be darker then they were at first and some of the lines customarily a part of things are darker too.

I'm hoping it won't be too much longer. I'm getting anxious to see a sight-pleasing and easy to use place for us. Fingers crossed for soon.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Dear Bestbird/Anne,

Your post is difficult to read and yet so beautiful. You've made such important contributions to the lives of people living with metastatic breast cancer - including mine. I have many a dog eared version of your guide. I hope you are comfortable. Thank you.

Heather

• elderberry

clay

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Here but hospice. I know a few remember me.

• candy-678

Oh dutchiris I remember you. I forget what each of us is on, I rely on the Profiles to remind me. Didn't you do a trial med? How long have you been in Hospice? How are you doing? Thank you for checking in.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

"Removed by the community" means that several community members reported this and many other posts by this person for spamming, The mods didn't make the judgement. It wasn't because of the content of this particular post.

• dutchiris

• dutchiris

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,544

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Mrs. Betty Bowers @Betty Bowers … "You can't ban guns because bans never work." --Republicans who have banned abortion, contraception, books, drag queens vaccines, honest history lessons, and talking about LGBTQ people.'

Nuff' said.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Petite, I love the kitty. What a great way to honor a long, loving relationship and marriage. It is true that our loved ones never are very far away as they only transition and become free and strong once more. It is understandable too that they are deeply missed. Time heals and helps us remember and treasure all that was peaceful and good and that allows us to smile again and begin to enjoy life once more for itself.

Karen, you are a marvel to be able to do two rooms. Chemo does present difficulties, but I do hope you find the right sequences for you as you move towards condition corrections. I think walking can be such an overall great exercise. I feel it tends to get us out of ourselves. We expand our world, enlarge our ability to see and feel more than what is right in front of us, by opening up our own personal panorama. Some days if I time it right I feel like what runners say they feel when they get their second wind. You become peaceful and all the clutter that collects in our heads clears out for a nice time. Feelings and answers to problems come much easier without all the interior noise going on.

Maverick, like you, much of the time I don't understand about Sandy's food choices or regiments, but she has such a grand way of describing it all that it is still enjoyable. .

We are having a nice sunny day but likely by week-end we will be expecting some rain. That is spring. We are seeing those little bush trees breaking out in more and more green so I know the big sentinels watching over my yard will soon (even if my older eyes take a bit longer to catch it) break open their own spring green tips turning to the leafy summer clothing. The mornings are still quite cool. Easter lilies won't make it till Easter but out here they never do.

Hope you are all going to have a beautiful and bright day.

• elderberry

Being successful means more—so much more—to me than being at the top in the business field or in financial circles. That rush of feeling successful comes from a genuine, heartfelt belief in and an understanding of my own sacredness. Giving 100 percent of myself means that I allow the spirit of God to guide me in important as well as everyday matters. Then I will succeed at being the best I can be. The rewards of having given something as valuable as love and kindness leave me feeling good about myself and what I have done. -unattributed

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,447

above board

• candy-678

Today has been an up and down day. Mid day I felt pretty decent. But I tire out easily. I vacuumed the 2 basement bedrooms and it wiped me out. I packed up a box of books (maybe 5 minutes to do), went for one walk with DH and made pizza and salad for dinner. Now I'm not feeling good. Heartburn, icky stomach and tired. Hoping tomorrow will be a bit better. DS is coming over for dinner.

• cm2020
    cm2020 Member Posts: 530

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Hello,

Did anyone every provide a private message in response to your post? I would also like to get insight on peoples experience with this medical drink.

• micmel

pbsoup- I think a big consideration is what the dog thinks.😉 I'm with you on option one. My MO has never suggested radiation, I think my lesions are scattered and not defined enough. I would stick to something working until it's not. I'm on Enhertu and the fatigue is noticeably worse. But that may be because my condition has worsened. So that's my 2 cents.

• micmel

Hello,

I am sorry that I am unable to offer any feedback from experience with Kanjinti, but I am familiar with the side effects of chemotherapy. What did your oncologist recommend you do to attempt mitigating the side effects? Did they recommend modifications to nutrition, activities, or something else?

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

cm - I agree with micmel, you are welcome to her lounge anytime, you can share your anxieties and your joy and find love and understanding.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535

Good morning Dutchchris I am relieved that your pain is under control. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Good morning room. Fighting a bad cold scary to see how quickly the fever and infection have weakened me.

Take care

Tanya

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 721

Dutchchris - I’m glad hospice is helping to make you more comfortable but I’m sorry that it had to go that route. I too will keep you in my prayers. HUGS to you.

Tanya - here’s hoping you kick that cold to the curb. Lots of rest for you dear sister.

• micmel

Tanya~Keep an eye on that fever! Did you test for Covid? I don’t even want to go out of the house again. Lot of sickness coming around again. Please take care rest up and hydrate.

• illimae

Good morning all

Tanya, I hope you start feeling better soon

Lazy day here, just saying hello