Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 544

@sunshine99 and @intolight, thinking of you both and hoping for better and sunnier days ahead. It is perfectly natural to get upset - let it all out as it is better out than in. Gentle hugs to you both and in your pockets with support.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Hello to all you sweet ladies. I think we take an awful lot of hits and suck it up till we burst. Sunshine I'm sorry your hurting so much. May the team get your treatment right and bring you good days ahead. So very glad your DH was there for you. Sondraf and Intolight, you both need those better days, too. In your pockets for improvement and stability for many years to come. This damn disease is like playing whack-a-mole, but not in a good sense. I hate it for all of us. Hi Shanagirl. Glad that you have improvement and that the sun is shining down upon you. Mara, so happy that your family came round and you all got to spend time together. Apologies for whomever I may have missed. My memory is rather awful with brain fog.

No MRI or Tony tomorrow. Advent called and said that group at the newer hospital does not take my Humana Medicare Advantage Plan. I had to reschedule for the old hospital and it's gonna be another month. I am still angry they would wait to call me the day before. Anxiety is already high and now add frustration. In pockets and prayers sent out for all in need.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,387

Sondra, I am sorry the doctor has the intelligence of a bucket of apples right now, in your pocket for the Enhertu to do its job as well to allow you to get back out. Household chores may be a good idea if it helps you and a chaise sounds like a good idea, comfort first.

Sunshine, still in your pocket as well lending support and hugs as well.

I have not got anything scheduled today, doing laundry right now, little stuff and then planning to see about my plans to wash bedding with towels first. if it does not work easily then I will have to do stuff at the laundry, my steamer that I was using to kill dust was recalled and don't have the money currently to replace it. Need a vacuum stat, use the regular one, a dust and that is about it. Also want to go out for a walk. Supposed to get very warm BUT I will go around a relatively short block, need more walking, marching, going up and down with leslie sansone and such. Need to get used to it if I want to join the gym.

Last night I had one of those breakfast bowls from Walmart, just the meat lover one with eggs potatoes and bacon. It was not bad but I could make better. Today I plan to cook an egg in my steamer, crack it and steam until firm then add to my chopper with shredded cheese, beefless ground, black beans. I will use croutons to give everything ground beef texture and heat up in a frypan adding in a cheese mix from one of my soft taco mix meals, put in some taco seasoning as well. Not sure about dinner yet but figure that breakfast includes everything I need in a day.

I am hoping everyone has a good day and am in pockets for everyone who need it, my own pockets to get everything done that I want to.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,559
    edited August 23

Sondra - I so agree with you about how the medical people often need to see how all of this affects our mental health, and that "letting it all out" sometimes is a real good thing for all involved. Sometimes I think they just get so hardened to it. It might be a natural reaction for them, or even necessary so that they can do their jobs, but I find the "detachment" they can have very disheartening. That's why I say that I get "treatment" and not "care" from the medical system. I also sympathize with your not wanting nurses, etc. to see the tumor on your chest. My original tumor in my left breast was large and nasty looking, and I wanted to just crawl in a hole and die every time I had to have a procedure (yes, ECG was one of them) where a tech or nurse had to see my chest. I can still get that way over the mastectomy scar and radiation spider veins, etc. I really hope you can find a way to be more comfortable without so many darn drugs! I can't believe all the drugs and what seems to be "drug pushing" in this business, and yes with ones that don't seem to work very well anyway, as you suggest about Affinator. I'd never heard that before, and am making a mental note for anything that might be in my future. We all really due deserve better! I too will be having a rainy week-end clear on the other side of the world, and will keep you in my thoughts.

• threetree

Love ❤️ the pictures, Shanagirl! You all look so very happy. Beautiful!

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 805

@shanagirl Thanks it’s definitely something to look forward to. I just pray I can stay healthy enough to truly enjoy it.

Stunning pictures, you all look so beautiful!

sondraf Woohoo a Sunday visit! I hope you get some much deserved relief🤞🏻

• irishlove

Oh my so many loving posts today. So very grateful to have you all in my life.

I'm the queen of UTI's, courtesy of MS. It seems I've gotten them undercontrol (knock on wood) by 1. Taking 4 cranberry gummies daily 2. Focusing on urinating. A urologist said we all need to clear our minds and focus, not rush and not get distracted. I lean forward and ball up my fist and apply pressure to abdominal area by the bladder. I'm shocked, but it seems these two things are helping.

Hope to go out and about tomorrow, maybe St. Augustine for lunch (Conch House is our old favorite). Not sure about mixing with crowds down on St. Georges St., but wouldn't mind some fudge from that wonderful shop. Wishing you all a peaceful, painfree weekend.

Laurel

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,387
    edited August 24

Irish, happy to hear you are coping and dealing with UTI in this way, I knew about cranberries gummies or juice but never heard of applying pressure to the abdominal area, that is good info.

I did not get a great amount of sleep but that is fine, do not feel bad today because of it. Doing laundry right now, putting bigger stuff in mesh bags so they can move around the washer better, take said items out of the mesh bag when needing to spin dry. Will make things easier. As far as the two blankets that will not fit, might get rid of the one stupid big fleece blanket and stick to throws, can't justify taking the big fleece to the laundry, rather get rid of it. Only have a thin bed spread and that could be folded down in mesh bag allowing space in the washer.

I have decided not to join the gym until I am regularly getting 5000 steps to start with at home, easy to do that, 5 mins increments, marching to the next room thus giving me extra steps. It is heating up again and undecided on walking outside even for shorter bursts. The marching to the next room or marching back and forth in living room and moving forward very slowly seems to work for me.

I ate the mexican version of the breakfast bowl. I am uninterested in purchasing again as my own stuff with the egg, cheese, veggies, beans, cheese and croutons chopped together make for a good meal, taste better. I took some inventory of my pantry items and it is really stupid the amount I have to eat, over buying is not good. No more Walmart orders for the time being and possibly putting my big butt on the bus while it is free to ride to pick up what I want to buy as needed. Would be cheaper. In winter, that could be harder to do but I will see. I really want to save money and return back to my budget vs waste it. Paid off other bills as well, put those payments back in the bank. Figure out how much I actually need to spend.

I confess one fail in the kitchen, I like white milk and boost powder but made the mistake of thinking I could add beans into the magic bullet, I did not detect them initially but they were on the bottom. I will stick to milk and the boost powder.

I do hope all have a good day and weekend, in pockets for all who need me and myself to get everything done the way I think I want to do it.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,664

@irishlove - ill give that a try! This antibiotic is just ripping up my guts though, I did just read you take it with or after food but its 4x a day and getting food at 11 or 5 am is kinda tough and I have no appetite so maybe havent been following that instruction. I may call hotline and see what they say since I messed this up so spectacularly.

@snow-drop - Ive definitely done the grief but I feel like every time things start to stabilize I get punched in the face with something new. I do have to agree that opening up to people, even strangers, has gotten me the most mileage with not feeling so stuck in the closet and alone.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,317

@gailmary Your sil makes me angry and I would avoid her too! I would cry more too but it is hard with a DH around all the time. He struggles enough with my being sick I don't want to add to his emotions. It is hard.

• threetree

Gailmary - That's interesting about not being able to cry with antidepressants, even if you want to. I have a friend who's been on antidepressants for years and she tells me the same thing. Not sure I'd be OK with that, but my friend says the alternative is worse.

Very sorry about your troubles with your sister in law. I think I would avoid a lot in that situation too. So unfortunate that she can't seem to allow herself to feel more. It's much more to her detriment than yours! Well, at least here we can all feel for ourselves and others, thanks to Mel for allowing us all to socialize here in her living room.😊

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 419

@snow-drop Crying and especially a good emotional cry is very therapeutic. A real good cry clears away the sad crap hat’s been under the surface for so long. Yes I do think there is a scientific chemical. I think that happens when you have a good cry. So grieve my girl let it out. It’s healthy and cleansing your heart and brain.😘

@gailmary I’m like you. The tears just don’t come for me much anymore. I don’t cry. I don’t know why. Maybe because I’m like emotionally numb from all that’s gon on with my health over the years, putting on a cheerful face when deep down I’m dying inside with sadness. I don’t know what it is. When I was younger, I’d have these good sobbing cries, and feel better afterwards. But now at this point in my life, I just don’t. I do get anxious a lot or angry if I see someone suffering at the hands of another… I’ve been on antidepressants over the years on and off but I was always able to cry.I guess I hold a lot inside. Oh and by the way you SIL is an a&&Hole. 😉

@irishlove Hey there sweet girl, I am in your pocket. I know how darn uncomfortable and painful UTI ‘s are. I usually get at least one every year. I always seem to know when one is coming on and I just keep drinking a lot of water with a little lemon honey and salt. Ican’t drink plain water it makes me nauseous unless I’m really thirsty. I some ice in a glass, a 1/4 tsp honey dissolve in hot water and a pinch of salt in that a little squeeze of lemon 🍋 throw that all in the glass of ice and add water and a straw. I drink all day nd it usually wards off the UTI.😊. Having too much hot sex with DH sometimes bring on UTI. 🥰

@mara51506 I love your energy. 5000 steps plus joint a gym with all the other thing you accomplish in a day🩵

@illimae Hey my girl, I’m so glad the Enhertu has worked so well for you.♥️ that’s encouraging to hear.

• threetree

Thanks so much for the great photo, ToughOldCrow. Looks so pleasant and relaxing. Your dog looks so happy, very understandably!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,317

Has anyone had a skin lesion pop up at the Faslodex injection site? It is red, hot, and painful to touch. I do not have a fever. My nurse daughter looked at it and suggested I send a message, which I have done, but I was wondering if anyone here has had this experience?

had

• irishlove

Hi lovely ladies. I love how great everyone looks shanagirl. You are so gorgeous. Hmmm, hot sex, what is that?? My memory has faded. lol Mara, everytime DH joins a gym, he stops going and wastes a lot of money. I hope it works for you after you've met your home goals. Mel, read an article about red light healing. A doc has been using the product for 20 yrs and suggested it could work for breast cancer lymphaedema. Sign me up as long as it doesn't encourage tumor growth. Oh what a great pic of pup in the boat making everyone smile, tougholdcrow.

As for crying, when I was a kid, my horribly abusive father would say "go ahead and cry and I'll give you something to cry about". So it's far and few in between but a couple trips to the hospital in excritiating pain let the water works flow. DH tells a story and he can't get thru it without crying. When he was a police officer here in Fl., they rec'd a call about an elderly couple. The elderly chap could not longer take care of her. Her bed was soiled and she .had bed sores. Yet he tried. An ambulance came for her and he cried. She had touched his sweet cheek and so it will all be ok, and everyone cried. This story is 35 years old and we all cry about such deep love and devotion and the sadness of separation.

Now for a smile. Therapist came last week and called me shortly after leaving. She spied a Madagascar plant belonging to our SIL out front. She's a big time plant lover and showed me that the plant was on her list. She bought SIL a very hairy cactus in exchange for a cutting from his plant. He cut a nice piece and I texted her today to let her know. She said she had a dream about the plant, a good dream and we must think she's crazy. Actually, I kinda feel the same way about my birds, squirrels, dogs, cats and a few of my special plants with stories. Hope this made you all smile……… Laurel