Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,558

Shana - Good luck with your injections! At least you had Labor Day Week-end to hopefully relax a little and not think about any of this. My day for shots is tomorrow.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,386

Well, as usual, got super hungry after Herceptin. Was actually a quick appointment. Only watched a bit of the Deadpool and Wolverine move on one of my devices while waiting and receiving my drug. Since I was so hungry, ordered two happy meals to get fries, a choc meal and cheeseburgers. I also get yogurt too, may think of something to with that, not sure at this point.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,160
    edited September 5

@tougholdcrow - If you click on the poster's name, a pop-up show info about them, including a link to their comments.

ETA - I couldn't add the screen shot to this post, so it's in the next one. It's what you see after you click on the poster's name.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,160
  • tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 137

@seeq thanks so much for responding to my ridiculously minor problem. When I click on your name, I can only see 29 comments, through July 7, out of 1,152. I can't even see my own comments past July 15. It's weird.

I don't think I could watch a show on death right now, and greatly respect those of you who can. That's courage.

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 493

I'll be sure to wear something with deep pockets to fit you all in it in the morning. I'm pretty anxious to see doc tomorrow morning. I keep thinking my life will be on hold for the next year and I hardly do anything anyways.

My dear sister was sweet the other day. Very concerned. Just couldn't understand why I wasn't getting a second opinion. I haven't even gotten the first!. Tell me please. When do you decide to get a second opinion???

For me if the Dr doesn't sound sure of himself and I'm running out of options. I know he speaks with the tumor board every week. He's told me in the past when they haven't agreed. Isn't that like a second opinion?

Thank you everyone.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,386

Gailmary, I do believe tumour boards are where doctors get other opinions and permission on other treatments so they are a quasi second opinion. I do hope everything goes well on you appointment, jumping in your lending support and love.

Candy, we are still alive a lot of us, makes me chuckle inside when people see me with the wig on and body that is not emaciated like people seem to imagine cancer patients always are. I am glad you are here and as long as life and treatment are working for me, I am glad to be here.

Not sure what I want to do today, got the usual chores, budget boosting activities and finally have to sit and pay bills. Going to put the laundry in, just the regular machine. Might go to the mall on the regular bus between 9 and 2. Have to be able to get out myself and get over this idea I am going to fall out of the bus. I slide out the van when out with DB and don't fall, no reason to believe anything will happen in my case as his van stip is far higher than getting out of the front of the bus. If I don't make it to the van, do short marching sessions for the 5000 steps indoors, I will see what I feel like doing anyway. I must say, I did well sleeping, went to bed before 10 because I fell dead asleep in the evening and instead of doing something else, made my tea and fed the cats and off I went. I did watch a few videos on facebook but fell asleep quickly.

Was torn about what to have for food today, I am thinking for my morning meal having 1/2 cup black beans, chopping it in with shredded cheese and croutons. Adding another 1/2 cup of beefless ground as well. Microwave 90 seconds to 2 minutes, when it comes out of the microwave, putting cheez whiz and a generous amount of taco seasoning and a dollop of sour cream. Need to turn on the lower pipes again even through the immodium I take the first couple of days post Herceptin. I really do enjoy the black beans done up with cheese and croutons because it is like ground beef. Just takes the chopper, I do not have a food processor. Eggs can even be subbed into beans as well. If I am honest, I don't love eggs but see the need for the iron etc.

I hope everyone has a good day, in pockets for appointments or dealing with drug or other SE as well, as usual, this goes for everyone who needs or wants support and in my own pocket to get my own things done that I want to do.

I

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,024

omg don’t get me started on fester. I think Mae made me bust a gut when she posted a hilarious comparison joke ! Maybe she’ll post it again. Such great humor!

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 543

Hello lovely ladies ❤️

I feel so understood when I post here, and like intolight said so well, we truly lift each other up. A little update: my tissue biopsy, after two whole weeks of no one knowing where it was or its status, was finally sent to Caris. It cost me a lot of follow-ups, but I took advantage of my MO visit to bring up the issue. He promised to follow up with the pathology department. He wasn’t aware of the delay or the dropped balls, but in the end, they said they are going to send it out, so I guess I have to believe it.

SFcackes, take me out series is definitely on my list, thanks for sharing it.

Mel, I'm sorry about the insomnia, I’m dealing with it too. How can we overcome it, even just a little? I can say I cherish everything I’ve received from my mother, both during her life and after her passing. I’m sure that what you’ve done for your daughter will leave pieces of your love to her, and both of you will cherish that for a long time.

Candy, you are not a horrible person. I also get mad at someone close to me who makes a huge deal out of nothing. Fun fact, she took a whole week off after visiting an ophthalmologist because the eye drops made her "uncomfortable"! She whined to everyone about how those drops made her life difficult, blah blah!

that mac and cheese recipes made me so hungry!!!

hugssss