Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,024

thank you KBL. It means alot for her to know she is very loved.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,688

@shanagirl You look wonderful, that blue is s great color on you!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,386

Shanagirl, beefless ground is just a plant based type of ground beef type stuff. I can mimic it myself using black beans and chopping them with croutons, can even mimic the ground beef texture with precooked eggs and croutons too. Beefless ground is very nutritious, low in calories as well and a good source of protein, takes on the taste of whatever you make. I am unsure of the process of turning it into a burger, probably need eggs and other stuff. Hope you enjoyed the visit with you grand dog as well.

I do try to cut some people slack if I know that they or their family or friends have not faced cancer or other serious illness or serious real life situations. I can keep my mouth shut as needed if annoyed. I complain a lot as people can see here over different things too like my post earlier about eating and causing a flood down below even though I know how to deal with it and got it cleaned up.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,160

@sunshine99 -I'm glad to know you are still following along with us. While I am sad to know that you are moving on to Hospice, I wish you peace. Sending love and cyberhugs your way, and tucking myself into a little pocket.

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 418

Dearest Sweet @sunshine99. My whole mind and heart and Breathe prayers with Our Lord God, will be for you today and each day. I’ve enjoyed your comments and followed your journey since coming Mels @micmel ‘s Livingroom. I’m so saddened to hear you are entering HOSPICE. I love you Sister. In your pocket for as long as You need me to be(((((((🩵🩵🩵🩵💜💜💜💜💙💙💙💙♥️♥️♥️🩵💗)))))))

@kbl Thank you so much😘

• mara51506

You two ladies do look a lot better than me bald. I feel fine with my hair, bb cream and blush with a bit of bronzer, I look human. With glasses and bald head, not totally bald though, I look a lot like my older brother who is naturally bald.

Not sure what I am doing with the food, I am thinking of taking part of the burger, throw it in the chopper with beans, scrape one of the buns and cook it up with butter or garlic butter in the pan, I will see, I know I want the burger done by tomorrow. May also cook some rice with an egg and still use some beef. Not sure yet. I will see. No laundry to do, too bad. Got some good budget boosting, using an old phone and old tablet to play videos for cash with ads. Saving up toward treats for myself and cat food. Decided due to hunger just to heat up the second burger and eat it. Rice and beans will happen later.

Hope everyone has a good day and in everyone's pocket, we are all sending love to Carol as well.

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 544

@shanagirl, amazing photo - I could not help but think that gorgeous puppy is standing as a guardian for your wellbeing. He looks just like a sentinel guard. You look wonderful in that blue.

@tougholdcrow, enjoy the paddle - one lake at a time and you will get there. Stay hydrated. I hope the weather is perfect for you.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,317

@tougholdcrow Have fun tomorrow. You are brave! I can barely fix dinner much less paddle down a river. I assume you will be in a canoe and not on a board where you have to stand?

I saw my oncologist PA today. She told me they were offering a new PT specially designed for oncology patients that helps with fatigue and mobility. Anyone else heard of this? Of course I agreed to try it. I will tell you more once they contact me and I get started. Everything else is status quo.

I had to tell my DD there was no way I could join the rest of the family in a Caribbean Cruise this year. I just get exhausted after the slightest exertion. What I need with a vacation is a more restful encironment than the largest, busiest cruise ship in the fleet. I am happy to wake everyday and be able to get up.

Have a good weekend everyone. Constant prayers for Carol as her Sunshine continues to brighten our lives.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,558

Intolight - The PT sounds interesting and I would like it very much if you keep us posted about it. I have yet to hear of any PT specifically directed at cancer patients at all, much less for fatigue and mobility. I would love that! I do go to PT, but what they do is try to adapt their usual stuff for my situation, and I also get a sense that many PT's aren't used to, or don't like to, work with cancer patients - especially stage 4. It seems to be a "bit much" for them. I think they are often used to working with athletes and people who've just finished surgery, etc., and they like to see them getting better and getting back out there. It's different with stage 4 cancer, and the goal would be more, as you have said, to work on things like fatigue and general mobility, and just to make the whole experience a little easier. A PT in a stage 4 cancer setting wouldn't get that feeling that they were helping someone get back on their feet to "go for it" again, which is what I think a lot of them like and went into the field to do.

I also second your nice thoughts about Carol. I especially like your comment about how her Sunshine continues to brighten all our lives, and indeed it does! Thinking a lot about Carol these past few days, with lots of warm wishes.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,024

congrats on good scans. Always love good news. I’m not really superstitious i actually like the number 13. Always have. Today is a beautiful Day and I went to get my xgeva shot. Yuck. But I’ll take my hit for the team considering 3000plus people lost their lives in 911….

• mara51506
    edited September 13

Love to Carol always from us all.

@tougholdcrow Enjoy your paddle and enjoy the weather and scenery.

I am unsure what I want to do. Ordered some cat food and litter, both on a big sale at Amazon so decided to stock up a bit, getting the lighter litter as well. Going to order some groceries that are needed. I am at a crossroads of what kind of stuff I want as I made what should have been a decent meal yesterday, beans and lentils. They were soft and I did not enjoy, in fact, tossed about 1/2 the meal, thinking I need to approach things differently. Put chopped beans and lentils into a pan and roast in the oven, make crispier, chop up some canned ham and put on my wee grill. Go from there. Got laundry and chores rest of day. Ordered some frozen pepper slices and got a veggie stir fry, not sure what I want to do with that yet but thought it would be interesting. More sour cream, frozen meals that allow me to stack whatever I want on top. Some precooked bacon, I don't buy raw as I really hate all the grease. Once groceries arrive, will probably put crispy veggies, beans and lentils on top of one of my frozen meals. Would be good, also got frozen mini pizzas, easy way to add stuff on top and frozen lasagna too. I am looking forward to this, should help change meals for the better. Will need to play tetris in the freezer and put any frozen stuff that does not fit into the fridge for a day or two. I am excited. Will figure out my next meal from here once the groceries arrive. They are free since I had enough bonus points on my card I use for rent, internet and mobile phone rewards which is paid off right away. That is a bonus.

Edited, had fettuccine alfredo with an egg on top, broke up the yolks and added some of the canned ham that I cooked on the mini grill. Microwaved 4 mins and only used salt to season. Delicious. Freezer is taped with packing tape to keep closed as there was a lot to out in. I don't mind as that allows more stuff as needed.

I do hope everyone has a great day, I am in pockets for everyone who needs me and pocket for myself to get everything I would like to do done as well.

• mara51506
    edited September 13

threetree, I am also glad about your stable scan, stable is great for sure.

I did see on skip the dishes that had two quarter pounders with cheese for the price of one again. Also got a bunch of free condiments with one of the big mac ones. Tomorrow I will likely tear apart the burger and put it in other dishes. I have a couple of days to decide what I want. I ate one of the quarter pounders a few minutes earlier and put all the other condiments in the bag. My meal this evening will likely consist of lentils and chopped black beans, put on a greased pan and bake on 425 until sufficient crispiness is achieved for me, I will decide lateer if I want to use the buns to make a toast if I scrape them off first, got a lot of free butter condiments with the quarter pounders.

• threetree

Mel, Shana, and Mara - Thanks to all three of you for the congrats re the stable scans. Yes, even on Friday the 13th it as you say, Mara: "Stable is great for sure." I'll take it any day.

• threetree

Oh Mel - He's just cute as ever. Looks like he's been to the groomer too. Adorable little Theo; love the photos!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,317

Mel, love the pictures of Theo. He is a joy I'm sure!

Threetree, congratulations on the stable scans. I go every three months for scans and have done this for my whole eight years with the exception of only two times. I am unsure why but there always seems to be something they want to watch or check out. That is okay with me…I am used to it and consider it as extra care. I think it has become so common that my scanxiety is usually low. I have had them all at different times so I know what to expect. My DH always comments "well, we have been through this before." It is not meant as negative as he is very supportive. It is his way of trying to keep things on a low tone. I am sure by now that I glow in the dark!

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 710

Threetree - congrats on the stable🎉🎉🎉. All of us here love when there is good news!
    Mel - Theo is such a cutie❤️🐾🐾❤️.

Knee is slowly getting better day by day. Finished 3x a week PT; now I start 2x a week for 3 weeks and then done. Grandsons have football games at home high school today. Just going to go to the oldest one’s game as I can’t sit too long without elevating and icing my knee.

Wishing everyone a weekend that brings peace and comfort (and winning sports teams😉😉).