Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 545

@micmel, Theo is so gorgeous, so very huggable and the camera loves him. I think he might also love the camera.

Congratulations to all those with stable scans - it is always a relief to get the good news.

@mara51506, your never-ending ingenuity with meals always intrigues me. You try meals I and combinations I would never have thought of before I came to this thread.

In the pockets of those who need support and hugs.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,390
    edited September 15

Not much going on here, laundry and breaking down boxes again, bought cat food and lightweight litter which I truly believe clumps way better than the costco brand I was getting. It is the Tidy cats. Have to be aware of how much I am pouring in, poured nearly the whole container in there, already bought two more containers arriving tonight. Edited, I did have a frozen minipizza. Did put on extras, shredded cheese and bacon, it really was very good. Will need to remember that I bought frozen pepper slices and to add those to pizza and other meals. Later on will have a boost drink and supper will likely be roasted lentils and eggs. I really do like the lentils. If not that, will debate a tortilla with an egg and cheese, chop up a few barbecue chip to use as seasoning, I will see, not sure yet. Not doing anything else at this point except budget boosting on the TV. Decided on the minipizza, added little bit of bacon and some extra shredded cheese. Got some chocolate and two more containers of the litter. Not sure how to get rid of the qualicat that really does not clump, will add a scoop once in a while to the tidy cat and shake up to blend it a bit so it is not wasted and be more careful of how much I add since I am not having as much to scoop as much out due to better clumps. I will see how it goes, may be a combo of both.

I hope everyone has a good day and in pockets for everyone who needs me as well.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Hi everyone. Hope you are having as pain-free evening as possible. Mara, I made salmon and put black beans, pineapple, yams and topped with parm cheese. It was so good and made enough for the kids to eat if they come home to do laundry and visit. They moved out last week but I've seen them about everyday. It's slow going getting their things out as they moved into a 5th wheel RV, so planning is crucial.

DH holding on. His WBC is 16,000, with 10,000 considered high end. But he told MO he's not ready for chemo, so on we go for another 3 months. His visible lymph node in the neck appears stable. He's declined any more scans for now. Me, well it's gonna be a long, hard week. Wed. is pet/ct scan, Thursday is Brain MRI and Friday is dermatologist. Found a concerning spot on back. Son had melanoma about 15 years ago, so can't forget there's other things besides MBC. Tomorrow is last day of 10 horse pills for diverticulitis, again. Can't recall if I just finish what was in the cycle of pills or start with fresh 21 day supply. I forgot to stop the Ibrance and had a major drug interation. Won't be doing that again…

Excited about the Phillies? Me, too. Let's me just sit down and cheer them and forget. Concerned about the chance of hurricane hitting DS in Charlotte. We've been in downpours everyday and night for a few weeks now. Ground is saturated. So hoping new storm formations just mess with the fish.

Missing sunshine and her beautiful spirit. In pockets for all your needs sweet ones.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,025

I’m missing sunshine too……

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,561

Irish - Thinking of you and wishing you all the best of luck with your scan, MRI, and derm appointments this week. Wow, what a full plate! In your pocket for sure.

Mel - Yes, Sunshine🌞. I hope she is comfortable and having a peaceful time with lots of love around her.

• threetree

Intolight - Hoping those shots go well for you. So glad to hear that you are usually fine for the rest of the day. I'm off to PT and then a walk; well walking to PT is the first part of my walk. I will keep you and Irish in particular in my thoughts as I go through my day. Hugs.

• mara51506

I miss Sunshine too, hoping all is comfortable for her as well.

I did have two meals in one, frozen stirfry and a frozen small lasagna. Cooked each separately. Once both were done, plated, added sprinkle of parm cheese and 1 teaspoon of spreadable garlic and mixed it all together, was actually very good. Laundry underway, doing some budget boosting as I am typing with you. Freezer still has tons of stuff in it so have it taped up to stay closed. I really don't mind doing that as there is nowhere to put a new one and the packing tape is just fine.

I am hoping everyone has a good day and in pockets for everyone who needs me.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,025

Mara. Glad you weren’t hurt. Stay safe! Hugs!

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 806

Irish Glad to hear DH is hanging in there and I hope he stays there a very long time. Sheesh busy week for sure, in your pocket as always. Hope your not suffering much with diverticulitis and it clears up with meds. Let's go PHILS!

tougholdcrow Kudos to you for 15 miles, awesome!

Candy Yes, I agree and definately some days are tougher than others!s

Mel Wow you saying your good days are behind really made me think. You're so right I never thought of it this way. It just really saddens me.

mkestrel That is a gorgeous picture! Hope you had a better day today.

intolight Thinking of you and hoping today was a better day.

sfcakes Yes sometimes you just need to scream and cry! Gosh when you think about everything that we all deal with daily most people would crumble.

Shanagirl Sorry you're suffering with your spine. Hope you get a long relief from procedure! I just brought my DH home from the hospital today. I had to call an ambulance on Sunday he was having excruciating sciatic pain that wouldn't quit. We are going to PM tomorrow for consult and hopefully facet injections on Friday. He has severe spinal stenosis on multiple levels and the nerve roots are all being compressed. So I can empathize with the pain your dealing with.

Mara Hope you get a very restful sleep tonight.

Carol is on my mind, praying for comfort and peace.

Congrats to all the stable results as my CT was stable too! Waving hi to all here and may you have a peaceful night❤️

• threetree

Oh Mel - I am so very sorry. Sending many warm thoughts and hugs.💕

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 494

Yep I get it. In agreement with everyone. The congratulations due. Yay. The crying, etc. I am not alone in my feelings. My friend asked yesterday why I don't go to a support group. We'll, because of you all of course.

She came with me to chemo class. Wants to be there for me even visit during infusions. Feels bad for me. She lost 3 immediate family plus a friend. She thinks she understands, but doesn't totally. She is very alone in the world. No siblings or kids. Just dh. I think she needs to do this for her. I've got others clamoring to be there too. But will they help with cleaning or meals. Oh no, I can't be that bad. Oh great.

• mara51506

Mel, I am very sorry to hear about your loved one and cancer spreading to the brain, hope they can give treatment to restore her eyesight.

I also can empathize with the feeling the best days are over. Speaking as a person who easily gets anxious and depressed, I do find myself missing the days when I could do more stuff. Walking etc. I have decided to march in house when hot or when winter comes. I have decided that the feeling I cannot do anything is mine alone, not the actual fact facing me now. My wellness checker is someone who was born with a brain injury, lives in a managed apartment is able to swim, walk and get up from a lot of falls. If she can do it, why should I not work myself harder than I do so that is what I need to do. She is a real life inspiration and there is inspiration for me to get more able bodied as well. No reason I cannot do stuff.

I am sort of at an impasse with food. Decided that I need to put a container of food in the fridge that contains chopped beans, cooked eggs, peppers. I am finding I do not enjoy eggs anymore but there is not enough food I truly enjoy but I do enjoy it more when I chop it up and stick it in the frypan and season it right. Could even chop in cheese and make all the same texture. I need the nutrition and if in this format, easier to fold into a tortilla, I will see.

I was able to get some good sleep, went to bed earlier and made up for some lost sleep, did a lot of the PT stuff in bed, need to get back to pulling up to sit but will need to tear the blankets off first. Am presently doing laundry, sink is clear, and debating washing a couple of the blankets including the big ones, I will see how time allows for this. Easy enough to figure out and the handwashing is still in place, I know wandwashing not so practical but works really well, wring out some water and bring it over to the panda spinner which is next to the little daily washer and spin dryer tub.

Not sure if DB is wanting to go out, did not see him last week as I was ill, I will wait for their call. Otherwise, just keep up with the usual.

I am sending good thoughts for people who need them, in pockets for all of us and otherwise, I do hope all have a good day.