Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,446

My cordless handvacs are both suffering from short battery use. I am presently debating a replacement or extenstion cord instead so I can just bring over to the litter area. I have used a timer on the computer and found that when plugged in, it runs for 25 or 60 seconds but I can turn back on immediately after. I do not need it to run a long time and the other handvacs are triple the price of an extension cord so will get one of those and keep the hand vac I have. Makes it totally functional for me. I love solving my problems. Fixed the split AC from stopping by researching, found out pressing the fan button for 3 seconds keeps it going.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 721

Tanya - deepest condolences to your family on the loss of your BIL. Peace and comfort to all.

Shana - I can hear your heartbreak in your words. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Your little budgie had a wonderful life with you.

Intolight - I love Hobby Lobby. Hope your trip was fun. I don’t have the stamina to make it through the whole store!

• mara51506

Tanya, I am so sorry to read about BIL, I am also sending condolences to you, his friends and family as well. I don't blame you for having simple food, it would be hard to feel like eating anything. In your pocket send support and love.

Shana, condolences on the loss of your feathered family member.

Into light, enjoy the outing with DD, you will feel good while out and may need a nap later.

I am pretty wiped out today, my fault, at later at night. I have started on laundry, litter and budget boosting. No other plans on the agenda, did not go out with DB because I need to ensure that my fridge and freezer are not full.

I had a fail, followed a youtube tutorial about making tortilla chips but mine were no good. Burned some of them and they were nothing like tortilla chips, big thumbs down.

I made a mini pizza and put diced onions and peppers topped with shredded cheese, took may 10 mins, just cooling it now. Supper looks like rice possibly with scrambled egg vibe, checking milk to make sure it is still good, if not the egg will be enough and just put everything in the frypan to heat up. I have some potato hashbrowns that have yet to be used. Last night I did not eat enough at supper and that gave me the hungries. May also melt some cheez whiz and water, mix and pour into the pan as well.

I am hoping today is going well for people and am in pockets for those grieving and for anyone who needs me.

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 575

@micmel, Theo is a whole lot of cute in a furry package. The camera (and I), cannot help but fall in love with him.

@mara51506, it is good to try new ideas, even if they don't work. At least you have tried it.

In everybody's pockets with support.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 721

Mel - that pupper face is so precious. We are so blessed to have their companionship❤️🐾🐾❤️

• mara51506

Currently doing two loads of laundry, one in regular portable washer and one in the wee washer. I did not like the wee washer for a while because it collapsed in on itself but I thought to tie it up with some yarn to the handle on one of the storage areas. Seems to be holding it up for me which is good. Both will sit for 30 minutes after and get rinsed, the wee washer drains in the sink as well, helps consolidate what is being done. Cat spilled a ton of water on the floor so employed sock mops on a wet surface, they actually picked up quite a bit of the mess, I do have a vileda mop but often forget to pull it out. Have not pulled out the new cordless vacuum, it came later last night but will pull it out later, no attachments but a squeegee for wet messes.

I finished up the KD yesterday. Got three meals from one box. The KD and mini pizza done in the frypan were delicious, the regular leftovers were good as well. Looking forward to cooking up the noodles themselves and add taco mix and cheez whiz with a hit of nacho chips, small amounts of each. Not necessarily today as I need to cook up some of the frozen veggies and onions in the pan first in some butter, don't have any oil, let them cool and put some containers in the fridge. I reuse a lot of the sour cream containers as they stay air tight and make good containers for the fridge. Still have some of the Jamaican beef patties as well that I want to get through. New goal for groceries is to only keep them in the storage rack in living room and in my dresser in the bedroom. Still wanting to eat through the pantry and working on the freezer, the fridge is clear of frozen stuff since almost two weeks. A person who could not afford groceries could do well with staying stocked in rice, beans and or lentils and adding seasoning in bit by bit. Youtube has a lot of channels dedicated to cheap but nutritious meal ideas as well and Cheap Meal Ideas on Facebook.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and will have a good day, thinking of those still affected by the hurricane and in pockets for anyone who needs me.